Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-10-2005, 04:59 PM   #31
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Um, just a thought. Why is this Ford Forum so full of Holden fans?
Doesn't Holden have their own forums to push their barrows in?

This is designed as a light hearted joke to upset the overly sensitive fans, but I guess you missed it. My bad
Well maybe its because the Holden fans that are on here including myself like both brands and could'nt give a f**k about what badge a car wears.

Also keeping in mind that they show respect at the brand that the forum is directed at which is something that HSV RULES did not do thus thats why he got banned.

Just like that Rick69 bloke who kept stirring up the Holden vs Ford sh*t.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 05:38 PM   #32
ltd
Force Fed Fords

OK OK, I'll admit; I'm all Daewoo'd and Holden this and that out. I will not make reference to Holden and Korea unless someone starts picking on Ford again. Also, I was not calling anyone a Holden fan, merely pointing out that there are quite a number of Holden fans with Holden names ie HSV RULES, on the ford forums.

As retalliation to one particular forum a while ago having a supposed link to Fords new cars and then showing a piece of dog do, I thought this might incense some of the little buggers, particularly when they log on to their own forums and scream blue murder (no pun intended).

Why wouldn't I just join their forums and post I hear you ask?
Because I have to live with myself and for me doing such a thing would be akin to becoming a prostitute, particularly when I am not a fan of their products.

I believe that you should join a forum because you enjoy the product/service, or wish to ask questions about them. I don't believe in joining a forum when its for no other purpose than to ridicule every person on it, and to heap rubbish on the brand that the forum is actually about.

So to all of those that I may have offended with this post in my quest to infuriate the ford bashers on this forum, please accept the humblest of my apologies.
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 05:52 PM   #33
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Is this any different to Ford's 80s Lasers & Meteor;, Holdens 80s Barinas, 70s Geminis...
Incredibly different as the donar cars for the Laser (Mazda in this case) sold very well here and were considered as upper market vehicles over the Ford's even though they eventually came from the same factory, while the Daewoo's were pulled from this country as the marketing case couldn't be justified...the sad thing is putting a Holden badge on slightly stylistically-tweaked cars will probably be a sales winner if not on price alone.

To throw back at Mackenzie (Holden retired head of Marketing) his comments on the updated AUII "a pig with lipstick is still a pig" then a Daewoo with an Australian tatoo is graffiti on a wheel barrow. (I hereby trademark this quote)..and if you take offence then I'm really joking and if you're in fits of laughter enjoy the freeby.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 06:14 PM   #34
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
OK OK, I'll admit; I'm all Daewoo'd and Holden this and that out. I will not make reference to Holden and Korea unless someone starts picking on Ford again. Also, I was not calling anyone a Holden fan, merely pointing out that there are quite a number of Holden fans with Holden names ie HSV RULES, on the ford forums.

As retalliation to one particular forum a while ago having a supposed link to Fords new cars and then showing a piece of dog do, I thought this might incense some of the little buggers, particularly when they log on to their own forums and scream blue murder (no pun intended).

Because I have to live with myself and for me doing such a thing would be akin to becoming a prostitute, particularly when I am not a fan of their products.

I believe that you should join a forum because you enjoy the product/service, or wish to ask questions about them. I don't believe in joining a forum when its for no other purpose than to ridicule every person on it, and to heap rubbish on the brand that the forum is actually about.

So to all of those that I may have offended with this post in my quest to infuriate the ford bashers on this forum, please accept the humblest of my apologies.
Well said mate no offence taken hey.

Yeah I dont know why idiots come on a single brand aimed forum and try to antagonise(sp) a flame war,I think its just because they are losers with $20 sh*tboxes and they wish they could afford something that wont blow almost all of their Centrelink fornightly wages.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 07:09 PM   #35
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd

I agree, I would never bother joining a Holden forum as every comment I would make would **** people off, so why bother. After reading some of the crap some trolls post on here I wouldn't want to annoy other people the same way. I think part of the reason some Holden people come over here is because they have been booted off LS1 for being w*nkers and think it will be acceptable to come over here and do the same thing.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 08:09 PM   #36
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I agree, I would never bother joining a Holden forum as every comment I would make would **** people off, so why bother. After reading some of the crap some trolls post on here I wouldn't want to annoy other people the same way. I think part of the reason some Holden people come over here is because they have been booted off LS1 for being w*nkers and think it will be acceptable to come over here and do the same thing.

Im a member of both...ever heard of keep your friends close, enemies closer? lol nah, im a car enthusiast, and just as importantly, i like to learn about what goes on in both camps...i prefer holden...i dont know why really, its just always been that way...but i dont hate ford either
Another reason for having feet in both doors is to learn about the cars themselves ie, mods, general mechanics etc...i have only owned an ls1 for about 3 months and have learnt a lot already, before owning it i didnt know what an edit is...its coming to places like this and ls1.com that you learn things :
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 08:12 PM   #37
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

That looks better then the VZ, its about time Holden improved its large car lineup, its only taken them like 30 years.... Anyways atleast Daewoo owners will be able to get parts again... : : :
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 08:24 PM   #38
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

And here I was thinking I'd see some REAL pic's, huh, lol.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 08:34 PM   #39
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
And here I was thinking I'd see some REAL pic's, huh, lol.
dont worry i got all excited too :voldar02:
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 08:57 PM   #40
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Yes, the Laser and Meteors were based on 323s. I forgot to add Telstars as well, based on the 626.

Early barinas were Suzuki, and the Geminis were Isuzu.
Yeah, there was a lot of that going on. The Holden Rodeo, Jackaroo, and Frontera were all built by Isuzu (On my Dad's 89' Rodeo, the rocker cover still says ISUZU, and it even came with an Isuzu keyring!). The Ford Corsair is a Nissan Pintara. Obviously Nissan Patrol / Ford Maverick, Holden Commodore / Toyota Lexcen and Ford Courier / Mazda Bravo are other examples. Even the XF Falcon ute was sold as a Nissan!

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 02:33 PM   #41
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
Even the XF Falcon ute was sold as a Nissan!
You wouldn't believe that there is actually one of those running around here. White with black grill and Nissan in white letters across the front.

When I used to work in a servo, he came in and I went out to him and went over his car about three times and thought :

He said he got that all the time. I asked him about the common breaking of door handles and he said that he just replaces them with Ford bits.

Looks just like a XF ute but with Nissan badging.
Old 28-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #42
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute
You wouldn't believe that there is actually one of those running around here. White with black grill and Nissan in white letters across the front.

When I used to work in a servo, he came in and I went out to him and went over his car about three times and thought :

He said he got that all the time. I asked him about the common breaking of door handles and he said that he just replaces them with Ford bits.

I'd swap the grille for an XG one... or I'd swap the 250 for an RB26DETT (I've got the right terminology for the GTR six?) :P
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 03:12 PM   #43
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute

I've also seen one like that around Gippsland. Just like the one you described. Also says Nissan in huge letters across the tailgate, and has a set of Nissan hubcaps.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:06 PM   #44
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV RULES
It looks better than the au Falcon!!!!!!!!!!!!
are you drunk
AnthonyQLD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #45
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyQLD
are you drunk
No, but he is banned :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:57 PM   #46
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY18s
Well maybe its because the Holden fans that are on here including myself like both brands and could'nt give a f**k about what badge a car wears.

Also keeping in mind that they show respect at the brand that the forum is directed at which is something that HSV RULES did not do thus thats why he got banned.

Just like that Rick69 bloke who kept stirring up the Holden vs Ford sh*t.
Ya know, I often think the best Aussie car ever would have the chassis of the BF Falcon, the LS1 engine and ZF 6-speed auto... with the car to be assembled by Toyota.

What's this got to do with the topic? Nothing really, just want to highlight how open minded some of us can be.
Old 30-10-2005, 07:07 PM   #47
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
Ya know, I often think the best Aussie car ever would have the chassis of the BF Falcon, the LS1 engine and ZF 6-speed auto... with the car to be assembled by Toyota.

What's this got to do with the topic? Nothing really, just want to highlight how open minded some of us can be.
What VY18s had suggested in your quote had more to do with open mindedness and standards of behavior than any wish-list hybrid car.
he offered no cries of bias or bullying and a respect that he was in a site primarily aimed at a particular make of car, all good stuff. He is entiled to prefer other vehicles if he so chooses

You will note elsewhere of posts bemoaning the amount of non ford content that appears. I care little what happens on others sites but just a scan of the forum post titles shows this site to be far from an insular Ford haven where no other thoughts are allowed.

Those constantly wailing of open mindedness may be the ones with the problem, and it is a little insulting to hear, by both members and moderators of this forum.

As is clearly evident transgressors are asked to desist and do have action taken against them if they continue to insult or create disharmony.

A lot of effort is made to ensure that no one is persecuted for a non Ford comment, it would be better that complaints of narrow mindedness, are directed to the team of mods and admins should you feel a complaint is necessary. Constant comment of self righteousness or implied bias by other can only create an adversarial environment.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #48
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Have any of you read the Wheels review on the Viva and 'new' Barina?

A few good quotes on the Viva:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Magazine November 2005
Holden knows there are lots of car buyers out there with only a rudimentary grasp of the automotive game's finer points. The Viva, unashamedly, is a car for them. It's low on price, high on equipment, and Holden has altered the flavour of the driving experience to appeal to the Australian palate...

Holden knows the price-to-features ratio is the single most important factor in selling its target of 1500 Vivas a month. But what should you tell the budget-concious, A-to-B type driver, who asks you whether buying one is a good idea?

Well, to begin with, quality, for the money, is not at all bad. Crucially, the Viva also drives better than a Lacetti...

... Long after they've hit the road, it will be the pricetag that they remember.
Sure, the engine and transmission arent that great, but like Wheels said, the main factor selling these cars is the price.

The Barina:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Magazine November 2005
THE FIRST thing you need to know about Holden's new Barina is $12,990... it's not a stripped-out husk of a car either...

...figure illustrates just how cut-throat competitive the mini end of the new-car market is...

... Ride comfort and chassis isolation are not bad, especially for the money...

... Car's sharpness is in the price and specification
The Barina and Viva are targeted to the female customers, and those older couples possibly retired looking for a reliable A to B transport. I think Holden have given that to them at a cheap price.

Notice with Ford... they did that in the past (Festiva) but realised that it sells cars, but does no good to the image. Hence... we now have a German engineered Focus, German Built Fiesta, and a German designed transmission in the BF.

Holden will learn.... but then, the Barina and Viva might actually be good and reliable.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 09:11 PM   #49
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:

not to sure about how the will be LS1 trying to carry the weight of the BF. The LS1 definately is a nice bit of gear, but in a car around 200kgs lighter gives it a bit of a head start. but id agree with it being assembled by toyota, would certainly keep the build finish up
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #50
shadows
Starter Motor

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
A friend who works for Holden has just sent me these exclusive photo's of the VE finally out from under wraps. I must give everyone a warning though, don't tell anyone because it's a secret so SHHHHHHH.
HA HA HA HA HA no seriously afaik that car went out of production years ago.
shadows is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 09:39 PM   #51
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrifter
Whats the joke here?

Holden is importing korean cars and rebadged as holdens. People will buy them because the ads say that holden is the great australian car company.

You see, my thinking is that people are idiots, and thus need constant reminding that their precious new holden is nothing more then the korean import that even slightly discerning buyers turn their noses up at.
You can cure ignorance, but stupid is forever.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 11:30 PM   #52
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
not to sure about how the will be LS1 trying to carry the weight of the BF. The LS1 definately is a nice bit of gear, but in a car around 200kgs lighter gives it a bit of a head start. but id agree with it being assembled by toyota, would certainly keep the build finish up
//OT

The LS1 in a Falcon will drop its weight by 110kg. How so, you might ask? The LS1 weighs 90kg less, plus Ford had to strengthen the front chassis by adding 20kg to accomodate the weight of the Boss powerplant, which it wouldn't need to do. Don't worry about the LS1... it hauls the mail. There's heaps of Statos that run 12s unopened and if cammed, nothing will catch them. The same Gen III engines power over 2 tonne trucks in the US... and so does the Boss. Anyway, it's just a personal opinion... and if you visit some of the quality US forums, you'd have Ford fans fess up and admit that the GM engine is really the better engine.

Anyway, it's a moot point and I don't really want to go down that road NOR DO I WANT TO BE ATTACKED FOR MAKING SUCH TRIVIAL COMMENTS on a Ford forum - a note to the tribal pigmy warrior with the lame six pack who attacked me without provocation - I come in peace, dude. In other words, I don't want to see this thread closed.

Ford or Holden, take your pick... it's whatever takes your fancy, not necessarily which is faster. You could take certain traits out of one car and add it the other car, they're so different in terms of mannerisms. It's fun just putting thoughts down and analysing how to improve on an already good car.

//End OT

Anyway, in relation to the topic, I believe Holden owns Daewoo and the ads are putting an Aussie spin on the buying public's perception of DAT.
Old 31-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #53
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
//OT

The LS1 in a Falcon will drop its weight by 110kg. How so, you might ask? The LS1 weighs 90kg less, plus Ford had to strengthen the front chassis by adding 20kg to accomodate the weight of the Boss powerplant, which it wouldn't need to do. Don't worry about the LS1... it hauls the mail. There's heaps of Statos that run 12s unopened and if cammed, nothing will catch them. The same Gen III engines power over 2 tonne trucks in the US... and so does the Boss. Anyway, it's just a personal opinion... and if you visit some of the quality US forums, you'd have Ford fans fess up and admit that the GM engine is really the better engine.

Anyway, it's a moot point and I don't really want to go down that road NOR DO I WANT TO BE ATTACKED FOR MAKING SUCH TRIVIAL COMMENTS on a Ford forum - a note to the tribal pigmy warrior with the lame six pack who attacked me without provocation - I come in peace, dude. In other words, I don't want to see this thread closed.

Ford or Holden, take your pick... it's whatever takes your fancy, not necessarily which is faster. You could take certain traits out of one car and add it the other car, they're so different in terms of mannerisms. It's fun just putting thoughts down and analysing how to improve on an already good car.

//End OT

Anyway, in relation to the topic, I believe Holden owns Daewoo and the ads are putting an Aussie spin on the buying public's perception of DAT.
i think you mistook my post, i was no way shape or form bagging the LS1 infact i distictly remember saying "the LS1 is definately a nice bit of gear" I actualy like the motors, they a cheap to manufacture and perform very well for what they are. all i said was that putting one into a BA will probably see performance drop below a Boss powered BA, that was my view. Before you go jumping down someones throat when someone mentions LS1 on a ford forum, read the posts carefully
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 04:52 PM   #54
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
i think you mistook my post, i was no way shape or form bagging the LS1 infact i distictly remember saying "the LS1 is definately a nice bit of gear" I actualy like the motors, they a cheap to manufacture and perform very well for what they are. all i said was that putting one into a BA will probably see performance drop below a Boss powered BA, that was my view. Before you go jumping down someones throat when someone mentions LS1 on a ford forum, read the posts carefully
Sorry Dave... I should have been more specific... BUT it wasn't you I was referring to... anyway, no need to go into specifics.

:Reverend:

Last edited by SSbaby; 31-10-2005 at 05:06 PM.
SSbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post