Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 06:02 PM   #31
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Go for your life nak, it's not like it's increasing in value anyway.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:06 PM   #32
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
very few cars do and if you buy a car as an investment, you are an idiot.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:07 PM   #33
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
typical arrogant comment from people living in the past.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:31 PM   #34
fordboy1981

i reckon a clear coated carbon bonnet and a gloss black shaker...

Dave.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:40 PM   #35
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

I think option 3 would be the go...Should look tuff, I'd stay away from colour coding the shaker, might be a bit to much

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
Old 08-12-2005, 07:16 PM   #36
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I love the Shaker's on the FPV's, it's your vehicle mate, so go for it, post some pic's up when it's done though,
Everybody goes on about how the Shaker's belonged on the XY and they shouldn't be fitted to the new, but how about FPV fitting identical GT badges to that off the old, on the front off the new, maybe one day we will see FPV release a factory fitted shaker, then who will have egg on their face?????.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:31 PM   #37
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
Sinclair Ford NSW sells XR8 and GTs with Herrod exhaust and shakers.
They look great.

http://www.sinclairford.com.au/secti...astshakers.php
wowsers check out those prices!!

we can do the shaker FITTED for $2000

hope you didnt pay too much for yours Damo, told you i could do you a deal

Adam
Old 08-12-2005, 07:35 PM   #38
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so what actually makes a shaker on a modern car non-functional, where as on a xy it is functional. Define functional, surely a shaker, which is nothing more than a form of cai anyway, is functional if it is connected to the air box. with a xy cold air from the shaker is collected underneath it,pass through filter,then into carby,on a modern day shaker the air is collected in the air box,passes through a filter then to the tb, the path is a little longer,but none the less, still same in principle.I believe the rice point is mute, only being used by ppl to dis-courage others from installing them, if you dont like them,dont put them on your car...easy. I consider that it is not an insult to the xy, but more a tribute. I'm done :
Old 08-12-2005, 07:58 PM   #39
98AUXR6

hi,

If I got a GT, the first thing I would do would be to get a shaker! Just surprised at the cost of them though. Wouldnt stop me!!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:19 PM   #40
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Just don't do it. You WILL be a laughing stock.

Old 08-12-2005, 08:37 PM   #41
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
very few cars do and if you buy a car as an investment, you are an idiot.

Damn , Now i hate myself for buying that 71 vermillion fire XY GT HO in excelent condition in 1983 thinking i may make some money in 30 years if I didnt drive it and handled it with kit gloves ! :

just joking , i dont realy have one !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 08-12-2005, 09:16 PM   #42
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

When it comes to the term RICE it is defined as
(para-phraseing here): I kodification that has no impact on peformance of any kidn (such as power, handeling etc...) and which exceeds legality's (such as 20" rims on a WRX, under body neons). Also modifcations which look tacky and do not "flow" with the car's lines (such as huge bodykits and neons).
So basically if you keep within laws and common sense this is easily aviodable

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 08-12-2005, 09:31 PM   #43
xdclevo
The Fun Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
Damn , Now i hate myself for buying that 71 vermillion fire XY GT HO in excelent condition in 1983 thinking i may make some money in 30 years if I didnt drive it and handled it with kit gloves ! :

So true!!! If you were a Ford fan in the late 60's/early 70's or anytime really, and also bought as an investment, you are no idiot. How can enjoying a GT that is also going to make you a very healthy profit be idiotic in any sense?
2V powahhhhh
Old 08-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #44
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man

There are some that do appreciate in price but how long does it take to double it's purchase price, I would guess about 20 years average, does it earn you any money in the process? No, does it cost you in the process? Yes

Property averages a double in price every 7 yrs and earns money in the process, that is one example of what I am talking about. Cars are not good investments. Even an average house will generate more income than the reveered GTHO phase 3
Old 08-12-2005, 10:11 PM   #45
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdclevo
So true!!! If you were a Ford fan in the late 60's/early 70's or anytime really, and also bought as an investment, you are no idiot. How can enjoying a GT that is also going to make you a very healthy profit be idiotic in any sense?
Because to really pull in the money off it you can't enjoy it much, just look at it heaps. As I said before, it is low return for the time you have to wait.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:12 PM   #46
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

lets get back on topic
Old 08-12-2005, 11:01 PM   #47
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Do it, I saw an orange GT-P with a black shaker and it looked incredibly awesome. Besides, the XR8 and GT's don't have many visually distinguishing points between them, and a shaker spells out serious business for the GT. I think you'll also be pleasantly surprised by the amount of prospective second hand GT buyers that would like the look of it and choose yours over a standard GT anyway.

If you can, get it fitted by a dealer so when it comes time to sell it, it promotes confidence in the modification.

Quote: