Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-07-2008, 06:21 AM   #31
QLD-Bluey
True Blue

I could rant on for hours about inconsiderate people, but one thing that seems to happen to me a lot is at a busy service station you see some idiot park beside the pump, only to go into the shop and get some smokes or a drink, etc!! WTF???
QLD-Bluey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #32
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
I fail to see how that 'makes' me one of them. I think they're a bunch of useless scum who don't care about anyone else.
Quote:
c) I hate the people around here and wish they'd all get buggered.
So if every single person took on that mentality about each other, you really can't work out how that would make you one of them? Seriously?
Old 21-07-2008, 08:50 AM   #33
Plugg3r
Bogan w/ Wheels?

Same kind of thing happened to my old man the other night when purchasing fuel.

He stopped at a stop sign to go into the fuel station this guy with an SS ute flies past him at 100 when turning into the fuel station then locks up the brakes into a parking spot.

This fuel station is very small and this was a very very dangerous move.
So the old man when parked up told him of his idiotsy, this guy then responds to my old man lucky so many cameras here old man or i'd dress you down.

My old man was so wild he rang me up and told me :P Later on when I travelled down there to fuel up they were still there lets just say he wont be speaking to my old man the same way again after a nice KO hook to the cheek
Old 21-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #34
da_ilks

I try not get upset on the roads when people do things I consider disrepectful - try is the word. At the end of the day firing up because you feel slighted doesn't change anything. Getting out to have a go at someone (road raging essentially) is a silly act and you could wind up hurt - you never know who you are having a go at!

At the end of the day every age group will have people who are disrespectul towards others. I don't believe it's a problem that solely afflicts the youth - more likely, it's something you take more notice of as you get older. I'm sure most here did silly things when they were younger that they'd now class as disrespecful if they saw it happen today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Its what happens when we see what was a great country in many respects lose its 'quality of life', where minorities hold sway, where GovCo's ignore the will of the majority in many respects, and pander to the lowest common denominator of society.
Aren't these 2 the same group? The majority is going to be the lowest common denominator. FWIW I'm pretty jaded with where we are heading as well.

Last edited by da_ilks; 21-07-2008 at 09:18 AM.
da_ilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #35
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
So if every single person took on that mentality about each other, you really can't work out how that would make you one of them? Seriously?
I would only be one of them if I were as inconsiderate and lazy as they are - I'm not. I frustrate the hell out of my partner because I refuse to do things on the road which are dangerous - e.g. if I have to hold up traffic to make a turn I will gladly go further and find a safer place to avoid holding the traffic (also for safety, I don't want some gumby not paying attention to run up my backside). Since I am a considerate person, that means I am not one of them. Again, how does me wanting them to go to hell for being ignorant a-holes make me one of them?
Old 21-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #36
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Im with you mate, It's annoying when guys like us try to just take it easy with a bit of a squirt every now and then within the rules and then there are all of these type of idiots doing the exact opposite.
Im just hoping that they don't have good enough jobs to pay for fuel and have top buy mopeds!!
It's too easy for people to get licenses these days.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #37
Abacus
Life's a Gas

When I was much younger and sillier than I am now I used to carry a toy pistol in my glove box to deal with rude and nasty road users. The pistol looked pretty realistic. I freaked out a few aggressive bogans who thought I was about to redecorate the inside of their cars with their brains.

I stopped carrying it when I gave a bit of thought to the possibility of confronting somebody who had a real gun.....It probably wasn't terribly legal, either.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #38
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
I was at EB (Essential Baby forums -parenting forum) the other day, at what they call the 'Venting Board', an OP, female - highlighted much the same observations, in both driving, in shopping centres and in general.

Her view was mirrored by many and it expanded to 'would you help a child crying - who looked lost in a shopping centre'.

Some said they would talk the the kid to see if he or she was lost, to help - that sort of thing.

But owing some feedback, some parents said they'd tell helpers to go and get f'ed. So as a result, many folk say they simply ignore kids who are lost in shopping centres - for fear of upsetting rude parents who might be nearby, but are ignoring, for a reason or not, their kid/s. Others simply don't want to be assaulted in any form if their actions are misconstrued.

My view in totality, is that society in Australia is turning particularly nasty. Its what happens when we see what was a great country in many respects lose its 'quality of life', where minorities hold sway, where GovCo's ignore the will of the majority in many respects, and pander to the lowest common denominator of society.

Where a PM suggest 300,00k migrants per year - whatever the issue - people are rightly, in most of it, pee'd off.

Insofar 'driving'; it is one of the easiest ways people can 'get back' at what they perceive to be societies fault, sometimes in apathy - perhaps it is.

As I've said here before, bad driving is a national pastime in my view, because I know when we see a marked HWP, suddenly that right lane hogger is back into the left, the indicators suddenly work again and whatnot, and because people here in AUS always 'play games' on the road and some happily admit to it. Its a sign or boredom perhaps - a too low speed-limit thing:-)

Meh, and so it goes.

To see an example of anger, see this thread;-
http://www.keepntlimitfree.org/Forum...s/Default.aspx
So what you're saying is that it's always the minorities fault that society has become rude, selfish and inconsiderate, and that white aussies are never rude, selfish and inconsiderate? Righto....
:
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #39
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only answer to the problems and serious rule breakers on the road is long/tough license suspensions.

Speeding 3 months
Talking on mobilephone 3 months
Run red lights 3 months.

Anybody ever noticed in France why all the trucks dont break road rules? You do and get caught, you need a cabcharge to get home. Your marched on the spot? (or thats how it was in 1995 when I was there last)

Roadusers need to get in there heads how dangerous breaking roads rules are? Whethers its talking on the mobile while driving, or doing 130k/hr on the F3

Traveling to Newcastle last week I was following a VE Commodore in the right lane overtaking a car. While passing the car, the lady in the car (Honda CRV) indicated and moved into the right lane. 3/4's into the lane change she realised she was pushing the Commodore into the median strip(running him off the road). Once she headed back into her lane and the bloke in the Commodore got his composure back, he then thought he would swerve into her lane for some pay back. Bloody stupid. And during the whole time she still managed to make her lunch and nail job bookings on the mobile phone.........

As somebody that travels 60-70k a year, I see stuff like this everyday, and it ain't getting any better.
Old 21-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #40
CFOUR
The Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25
I had a pretty bad situation. Guy cut me off, forcing me to slam on the skids merging into one lane, decided he could boot it and get by me."
some people refuse to let people merge from the left as you have to give way to the right.

also people who merge from on ramps and are doing below the speed limit should have there cars taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSF6
Roadusers need to get in there heads how dangerous breaking roads rules are? Whethers its talking on the mobile while driving, or doing 130k/hr on the F3
Doing 130km/hr is acctually safer that someone in the right land doing 90km/hr.

the mobile phone thing is a no brainer. my old man used to get lost every time he talked on his phone while driving.

The way i see it, on a 2 or more lane road if you are not as close to the car infront of you as the car behind you is to you, you are thereby in the way so move.
Old 21-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #41
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOUR
Doing 130km/hr is acctually safer that someone in the right land doing 90km/hr.

I dont agree with that, but what I am saying all rule breaking should just carry big fines and suspensions, then I am sure laws will stop being broken.
Old 21-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #42
fpbabe
miss torque

there is so much inconsiderate driving on our roads.
the worst for me is people cutting queues in peak hour traffic.
i had a 4wd driver beep at me because he cut the large queue waiting to turn and then cracked it when i didnt let him go in front of me. mind you, he wasnt even in front of my car in the next lane, he was next to me and expected me to wait for him to get in front of me.
as for petrol stations, i was waiting for a couple of minutes for a pump, and then an old bird from the other direction took my turn when the previous car pulled out. i wound my window down and asked her how long she'd been waiting. she replied that she'd been there 15 mins, even though 2 cars from other pumps facing the same direction had moved in the time i was waiting there (about 5mins) to which she could have easily have pulled in. and i bet all she took from the situation was that i was some blonde bimbo who had no respect for the elderly
fpbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #43
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpbabe
there is so much inconsiderate driving on our roads.
the worst for me is people cutting queues in peak hour traffic.
i had a 4wd driver beep at me because he cut the large queue waiting to turn and then cracked it when i didnt let him go in front of me. mind you, he wasnt even in front of my car in the next lane, he was next to me and expected me to wait for him to get in front of me.
as for petrol stations, i was waiting for a couple of minutes for a pump, and then an old bird from the other direction took my turn when the previous car pulled out. i wound my window down and asked her how long she'd been waiting. she replied that she'd been there 15 mins, even though 2 cars from other pumps facing the same direction had moved in the time i was waiting there (about 5mins) to which she could have easily have pulled in. and i bet all she took from the situation was that i was some blonde bimbo who had no respect for the elderly
Great first post and welcome to the forums.

And yes, there is alot of inconsiderate driving on the roads. Even this morning on the way to work, I was in the left of two lanes turning right at the set of lights coming onto the Hume highway at Bankstown. When we got the arrow, both proceeded around the corner, and the Prado in the right lane around the bend moved into my lane, forcing me to brake reasonably hard to miss him. Next set of lights I looked across at him to see if he would apoligise, and I got a finger and a cook book of Gordon Ramsey's finest work. I ignored this and moved on.........
Old 21-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #44
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer1
So what you're saying is that it's always the minorities fault that society has become rude, selfish and inconsiderate, and that white aussies are never rude, selfish and inconsiderate? Righto....
:
No, that is your reading of what I've stated, but I'd expect that from you:-)

And here I thought seige mentality applied only to police, nyuk nyuk nyuk....

ADSF6 so wrote:-
Quote:
There is nothing inherently wrong with 130km/h on the F3, in general terms. However, is the road suited to the limit atm?

No! Why? Because of the 'Emergency Services Only U-Turn Bays' - used daily by people as private intersections. If it keeps going (nothing is done), I'll predict a 100km/h maximum on this road within 4 years, in fact, I'll bank on it.

Quote:
Traveling to Newcastle last week I was following a VE Commodore in the right lane overtaking a car. While passing the car, the lady in the car (Honda CRV) indicated and moved into the right lane. 3/4's into the lane change she realised she was pushing the Commodore into the median strip(running him off the road). Once she headed back into her lane and the bloke in the Commodore got his composure back, he then thought he would swerve into her lane for some pay back. Bloody stupid. And during the whole time she still managed to make her lunch and nail job bookings on the mobile phone.[/
Well, it no surprise here. All that matters is speed:-)

Last edited by Keepleft; 21-07-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #45
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus
When I was much younger and sillier than I am now I used to carry a toy pistol in my glove box to deal with rude and nasty road users. The pistol looked pretty realistic. I freaked out a few aggressive bogans who thought I was about to redecorate the inside of their cars with their brains.
Cool idea. Now i gotta think about ways to smuggle those exact replica BB guns into Australia.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #46
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
LOL one day the Lions lost and I was in town wearing a lions spray jacket.... and a passing car slowed down and pointed and laughed
I wonder when their team last won three premiership in a row in the modern age...if ever.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #47
snakeoil
Snake Oil

Default My XY story

love the car dude...............most people are pretty good maybe just a bit stresed at the moment
my uncle had one of these a gold one.
We had an 1965 Valiant Regal Safari Wagon.Push button transmission electric motor for the rear glass,front and rear armrests,radio and carpet standard

Dad put a set of mags on it. We ran Mobil fuel and oil and the tuning (static)carburetor adjustments radiator clean outs etc was done in the carport
funniest thing was that Dad decided that the mighty valiant had to go and we ended up with a new XY Gt......no a falcon. Three on the tree and would not pull the foreskin off a dead pygmy.Absolute piece of crap and to add insult to injury we are driving one night from Gelong to melbourne and what flies past us but our beloved Valiant.Dad cranked the mighty XY to its full potential which was exactly 96 MPH and the Valiant just dissapeared into the darkness.

Dad a short time later bought a Charger for his "personal transport "and gave mum the XY. Unfortunately I actually rolled the car in 77 and it was written off

2015 Mercedes C180 Coupe White/Black
2011 FG GS Ute manual #246 White/Black
2010 Chrysler Sebring limited hardtop Silver/grey
2003 UX Explorer V8 White/grey
2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF 1250 Black
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour Black
2011 Glastron GT 185 (USA made bowrider)White/Black
1988 Komatsu FG10 Forklift
FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria #975
Ullysees Member #18,554
snakeoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #48
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Slightly off topic.

Melbourne had a police crackdown on people stopping on train crossings in built up traffic, they caught over 40 today alone, a couple even when a train was coming.

If people are too stupid to consider their own well being they certainly will not consider others.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 08:53 PM   #49
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeoil
love the car dude...............most people are pretty good maybe just a bit stresed at the moment
my uncle had one of these a gold one.
We had an 1965 Valiant Regal Safari Wagon.Push button transmission electric motor for the rear glass,front and rear armrests,radio and carpet standard

Dad put a set of mags on it. We ran Mobil fuel and oil and the tuning (static)carburetor adjustments radiator clean outs etc was done in the carport
funniest thing was that Dad decided that the mighty valiant had to go and we ended up with a new XY Gt......no a falcon. Three on the tree and would not pull the foreskin off a dead pygmy.Absolute piece of crap and to add insult to injury we are driving one night from Gelong to melbourne and what flies past us but our beloved Valiant.Dad cranked the mighty XY to its full potential which was exactly 96 MPH and the Valiant just dissapeared into the darkness.

Dad a short time later bought a Charger for his "personal transport "and gave mum the XY. Unfortunately I actually rolled the car in 77 and it was written off
: : : what the hell is this post about????? : : : : :

Beautiful Photography Blog

2003 BA XT
IMPCO SVI - TYPHOON CAI +XR6T snorkel - K&N Panel Filter - DBA Slotties - Tint

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Prado

www.bseries.com.au/alecrain

Quote:
People that drive slower than ME are BAD DRIVERS,
People that drive faster are IDIOTS
alecrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #50
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch
Sitting in Hong Kong, on the way back from Euro land and reflecting on different driving styles (with free wi fi to share these thoughts).

While I had a great time on holiday and am not looking forward to coming back (crap holiday otherwise), I am really not looking forward to driving in Australia again. Seriously, give me the Amalfi coast in summertime with scooters coming at me in my lane. Why? because there is NO road rage. Everyone respects each other and can generally anticipate what people will, and need to do, and then LET THEM do it. There really are no other rules than this. Despite it being a bit hair raising sharing your lane with huge buses and oncoming scooters, I never had any real issues, and certainly never any aggro. Some intersections are completely uncontrolled, but in heavy traffic everyone just takes their turn.

Euro roads are really not any better than ours, so what the hell are Aussie's problem on the roads? We really seem to just be convicts after all!

PS. There was a BIT of road rage in Paris and London, but nothing on Sydney, and mainly just between cab drivers.
So true, so true. It's not really the roads or even the road rules. Something to do with a declining national 'personality'. We're getting like America - although in my experience many Americans are still nicer to you on the road.
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #51
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Life was a lot better when the local Police SGT could kick you up the rear end, your father could belt you when you needed it and your mother could threaten you with both!
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #52
da_ilks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Cool idea. Now i gotta think about ways to smuggle those exact replica BB guns into Australia.
It's very, very illegal - the cops would absolutely ream you if you got caught doing it.
da_ilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #53
Bobman
Regulator

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...42-661,00.html

Absolute scum bags.

The amount of attacks in Victoria on ambulance members and their vehicles is worrying.

As for this thread. Can't agree more. No-one cares about anything and it's these rude people who make society worse for everyone else. Zero tolerance is the only way. Death penalty (beyond reasonable doubt) sounds great too.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #54
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Reminds me of the time we were driving through the city one saturday night, me, my cousin and 2 mates. the driver of this carload pulls out his sreet about halfway into the one we were travelling in. one mate just calls out "Watch it!" as we drive past, nothing more. We had to park about 20m after passing the car, the carload must of thought we were stopping for a ruckus or something, next thing we know they pull up behind and come straight up to us. The end result was a slashed hand for my cousin, the wannabe ganagsta driver thought using his knife over the stupidest incident would make him feel real tough. ruined our satuurday night out and really made us think WTF is wrong with some people.
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #55
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
That's what happen when parents dont beat kids. They grow up thinking they're indestructible. (.... 'till they get hit).
exactly
Old 23-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #56
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Everyone these days are so self-absorbed that they don't care about the consequences of their actions..

But who do we blame? The parents or society's lack of discipline??
Old 23-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #57
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU

But who do we blame? The parents or society's lack of discipline??
For Homer1 ,The do gooders for a start :togo: , oh yer Johnny has been in and out of prison 5 times but he's getting better ! with more counselling using more of our tax $$ he will turn the corner cheeesh !
The minorities plant the seed but not entirely to blame.
The red tape these idoits have caused for our Police to make simple arrest, ok can't give them total power but I remember the cops taking me and my mates home for loitering it was enough seeing the old mans face never to be a local punk again

The system/pollies which listen to them and put in a corner as it costs votes !
They are to blame.

To some of you who have voted for these minority partys or put in donkey votes because you don't care ! but look what is happening.

Gawd there's more but one thing that really stands out to me being a father of 3 at 47, parents of today, they want their own time more than spending time with their own kids...who teach's their kids.
They are very much to blame.

Vote 1 GTPPete

Values/respect/manners is considered old school,not with the times etcetc
Oh yer the internet teachs me everything I need to know phhhht !
Well read it and weap as I can't see it getting better for a long time if at all which is very disheartening.
Sorry not really on topic and hadn't read the whole thread.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"

Last edited by FTE217; 23-07-2008 at 04:45 PM.
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #58
XlR8TED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
exactly
I was never hit as a kid, but I'm not running about the streets causing havoc. Neither are any of my sisters, who have never been smacked either.

Violence is not a substitute for sh!tty parenting.

Before anyone jumps in with 'but kids were generally better behaved in my day', don't forget that just because smacking has decreased and crime has increased, doesn't necessarily mean one was caused by the other. There are a huge number of different factors at play - today's world is a lot different to 20 years ago. Blaming it all on smacking is very narrow minded.
XlR8TED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #59
AEF_Silver94
Falcon obsessed

damn , I just read all these stories, I hope something gets done about it.
AEF_Silver94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #60
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

yep, good one xrsex

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote