Old 17-02-2007, 07:38 PM   #31
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id say its Octane...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 08:31 PM   #32
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Not to Hijack this thread but why Are FoMoCo USA STILL testing an XR8 let alone Falcons??
And have you seen the rear of the next Focus for USA? The tail lights SCREAM Falcon...Isnt the US talking about a Uniform Design for their models...Surely they wouldnt be... : I dont want to sound crazy but put the pieces together.
Old 20-02-2007, 04:43 PM   #33
USAFairlane
Starter Motor

Everyone - Thanks for your help. Still learning how to deal with these chat rooms/forums. From the pictures I've seen above I believe the color I saw was blood orange, as it was not metallic or pearl.....just pure color. Thank you for your help.
USAFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #34
USAFairlane
Starter Motor

Sorry, thought of some questions about this Blood Orange color. 1) is it a basecoat / clearcoat? 2) any idea if it is a tinted clearcoat - if so is there a code? and lastly 3) any idea what color the primer color used under the basecoat is? I really appreciate your help on this.

As for why orange in the US - your guess is as good as mine, but I really wish FoMoCo would bring that bad boy over here, they would sell a ton of them (assuming there is a Left hand drive version as most US drivers aren't that smart to figure out a Right Hand drive, let alone drive one without running over some poor bystander) Thanks again.
Old 20-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #35
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

There should be a few paint people here that could help you out.

As for the car being there, Id say it would be just for hot weather testing, there is a facility in the states that we dont have here, yet.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #36
b2tf
not here much anymore

Reasonably sure it is a basecoat, I'll look it up for you tomorrow.
Old 21-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #37
USAFairlane
Starter Motor

Hi again - you'll love this one. Stopped by the DuPont paint store today (one ofthe better aftermarket automotive paints here in the USA for color matching, color vibrance, ease of application, and durability) and the "HO" Blood Orange paint code from a 2003-2004 Australian Falcon had them and their US DuPont Factory contact baffled. Sounds like their formula books are specific to types of paint systems used in the US and that Europe and or Australia have different paint systems that don't allow them to directly relate the same colors and paint "systems". Also the paint code system appears to be different between Continents as "HO" showed up here as a gold color here.

Any clues as to a manufacturer of this paint color would be helpful. I don't want to be a pain, and certainly appreciate all the help you all have given me so far, but the guys in the DuPont store suggested that if someone who had a car with this color who lived near a DuPont paint store in Australia could stop by to have that store do a computer color scan and email or thread me that info they could then try and take that data to get a match with the paint systems used here in the USA. Not sure how well or widely distributed DuPont Automotive paint is used in Australia but it certainly is feasible since they appear to be using the same color matching computer systems.

Let me know. Thanks again.
Old 21-02-2007, 04:40 PM   #38
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Just a thought , why don't you get in touch with Ford Australia and speak to their technical personal, i'm sure that they would give you all the details.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 08:11 PM   #39
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe you can arrange someone here to send you a fuel filler flap in the color as they are made from steel and would be a good reproduction of the color to match against. Also while they're mixing the paint maybe the can send the formula with it.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #40
b2tf
not here much anymore

Righto, looked it up at work tonight:

From our system it is a base coat, not a tinted clearcoat. When I mix it I use the following 3 colours:

NM53 Organic Orange
NM31 White
NM39 HS Special Red

Now whether Dupont is going to be able to make anything of that I dont know, but using that info I can reproduce the colour on the spot, so hopefully they should be able to work it out too.

I can't get any info on Octane as it is too new a colour.
Old 22-02-2007, 09:25 AM   #41
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8edute

IMHO the mandarin is nicer than Blood, but only because it looks like it contains a pearl and metallic paint. Really 'pops' in the sun. But thats just my opinion. lol

Cheers
yeah that paint looks so deep and good, there is a BAmk1 XR6T with the mandarin paint and i only ever see it in the sun and i cant help but stare at it as i drive past.

ok Mandarin paint code is E2.
Blood Orange paint code is HO
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 08:40 AM   #42
USAFairlane
Starter Motor

b2tf - Thanks - what paint system manufacturer or brand are you using? That would help with trying to get a match with DuPont (assuming its an international company) Thanks again for all your help.
Old 23-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #43
b2tf
not here much anymore

Concept Paints NOMIX system.
Old 24-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #44
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
There should be a few paint people here that could help you out.

As for the car being there, Id say it would be just for hot weather testing, there is a facility in the states that we dont have here, yet.
It was one of the 5 odd cars Ford Australia sent over to Ford US for them to test and experience. Works both ways. I saw a brand new LHD Mustang going through the Product Engineering gates yesterday.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #45
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Oh if it was a solid colour it would be blood orange. The other has metal in it..

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:12 AM   #46
USAFairlane
Starter Motor

b2tf - thanks for the info on the paint and supplier. Seems to be an Australian based company - not sure if I can get it here in the USA. Don't seem to find any links to American distributors. Will keep looking.