Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 31-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #31
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone who's changed their surround to chrome and is willing to sell there stock one on the cheap, as long as it's still in good condition (no marks on silver/gun metal, bubbles in clear window), I might be interested
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #32
gregsAUII
Me AU's cheap and clean.

Yeah mate when i get my car back and do the switch over , ill send a piccy and c if you like it, its the silver one

Daily - 2013 SR5 Hilux
Toy - 2000 AUII Falcon
Toy - 2010 Kawasaki ZX10-R
Her's - 2017 Camry SX
gregsAUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #33
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the PM
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #34
brad`
The Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsAUII
Hey brad has your fairmont got inner door lights???
nah man, i was going to get it done i seen it on another thred but ims till not to sure, i cant really be bothered wiring the thing up, but it does look good done. im getting the chrome souround for the T-Bar today, still want the wood graint o but ill have to wait.. anyone know anywere i can get one second hand ? couldnt find any on ebay when i last checkd
brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 01:24 AM   #35
Adgum

ha ha, I get my Fairmont tomorrow and this will be the first mod im doing ^_^ :P
Old 03-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #36
brad`
The Monty

Your Interior is black yeah Adgum ? ill post pics in a little bit some time todoay to show you what it looks like on black comapared to the silver/grey colour of fortes.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:44 AM   #37
brad`
The Monty

ahh i just pulled apart the console got all rappt that i was almost done, and relized that the housing and the Outter are One peice!! when the hell did that happen, stupid series 1 making things dificult. note to anyone else that is wishing to upgrade theres to chrome its a one peice not two, gotta go back to fords and get the othre peice ill let you know what the part number is.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #38
brad`
The Monty

I was only going to get the chrome but, due to a really really dumb guy at the auto wreckers he sold me the wood grain as well as well as the chrome for $45.. my lucky day or what ? :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0339shrunk.JPG (23.6 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0342shrunk.JPG (25.1 KB, 50 views)
Old 04-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #39
gregsAUII
Me AU's cheap and clean.

Hey brad looks realy good, i bought my chrome surround yesterday and cant wait to put it in.
gregsAUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #40
Adgum

Default Bad Luck XD

Ha ha ha. I brought both these items for this mod the other day, the chrome piece came a week after the metallic black surrounding. I saw the black surrounding was the same as what i already had in there so i got a refund on it when i went to pick up the chrome piece.

Just took out the dash to put the chrome piece in to find that the apparent "two pieces" already in there is just 1 whole, meaning i needed the part i refunded. XD

Ohwell, atleast i no how to remove the dash easy for when i get the second part again :P

*edited. Just saw "Brads" Wood grain surrounding.. Screw metallic black, I'm going Ghia style :P (assume wood grain part is standard in the ghia XD)