Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 20-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #31
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
You need to work on the knowledge a bit more They never hand over 'badge numbers', this isn't america. If you also think that this will change their attitude you are sadly mistaken. I can guarantee that if they pulled you over for nothing really, be a smart **** like that and watch them find all sorts of things. A complaint to the filth is commonplace. People complain for all sorts of wierd stuff and a P plater wanting to complain for 'being talked to rudely' is not going to cut it.
Sorry bud. I was working a contract for a certain police force last week and was roped into mandatory professional standards training. Even contractors have to attend. I can state for a fact that they are required to hand over badge numbers. I can't be sure if the same policy applies for VicPol. But I'd be surprised if it didn't.
Old 20-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #32
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crannersEL
Do the police freely give out there badge numbers? and do they then tone it down a little?
I think their numbers are supose to be visible and usualy on the collar. They could have been reported for using abusive language ect... but you want to have your ducks in a row and don't give em reason to pick you again, cause they would mark you after that.

Moral...you can't beat them. the right thing was done by swallowing the pride and ride it out.
Old 20-08-2006, 10:02 PM   #33
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBarrel
Sorry bud. I was working a contract for a certain police force last week and was roped into mandatory professional standards training. Even contractors have to attend. I can state for a fact that they are required to hand over badge numbers. I can't be sure if the same policy applies for VicPol. But I'd be surprised if it didn't.
the badge numbers aren't much use .. they actually only denote the badge's number. Their registered number is another thing. It may seem like a very small difference but it's huge in reality.
Old 20-08-2006, 10:09 PM   #34
Rollin
Banned

its a legal requirement for a cop to give you their badge number if you ask for it.

i dont think they have to give you their name, but they are required by law to tell you their badge number, even if you are looking straight at it.
Old 20-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #35
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they
don't
use
badge
numbers
We
don't
live
in
america
Old 20-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #36
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
the badge numbers aren't much use .. they actually only denote the badge's number. Their registered number is another thing. It may seem like a very small difference but it's huge in reality.
Yeah, not all of them carry badges too. But apparently they're all supposed to carry warrant cards. That's so they can legally arrest you when off duty etc...
Old 20-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #37
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Cranners,

Welcome to my world.. lol.. i have been pulled over or questioned while parked well over 30 times in the last 2 weeks.. still no fines.. lol.. and they have been fully over the car at least 10 times..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 20-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #38
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTA
Cranners,

Welcome to my world.. lol.. i have been pulled over or questioned while parked well over 30 times in the last 2 weeks.. still no fines.. lol.. and they have been fully over the car at least 10 times..

Cheers,
Nik
I hope it never comes to that, if it did i would use pub transport lol :
Old 20-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #39
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

in vic u hold the right to ask thier rank, name and station. thats it. not badge no's. as xa-coupe said. we arent in the US

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
Old 20-08-2006, 10:33 PM   #40
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

jeez your lucky to get away with it. touch wood i havent been pulled over once, although i have only had my L's since this Feb. and if anyone has seen my car, i dont think it is a cop magnet. lol. i think the only thing they can book me on is the car being too ugly, or it is too high (stock height).

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Old 20-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #41
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
they
don't
use
badge
numbers
We
don't
live
in
america
wow you could have fooled me - my dad uses his badge number as his forums name on several forums....

Its cast into the badge on thier hats and also their actual "badge" which is in a leather case that flips open, like a small wallet.

Last edited by Rollin; 20-08-2006 at 10:51 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 20-08-2006, 11:01 PM   #42
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

QLD rules different to VIC? Maybe badge numbers are used in QLD, while victoria, they're not?
Old 20-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #43
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

All these reasons and more are why I purchased a Video Capable Camera Phone with card memory......Also for Road Ragers....

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 20-08-2006, 11:28 PM   #44
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTA
****e, hope I don't cop this level of scrutiny. Especially with the turbo hanging off the side.
Old 20-08-2006, 11:32 PM   #45
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Roosta lives in the Country Town - obviously he has upset them in some way and he is a marked man

As no one would get pulled over 30 times in 2 weeks for no reason at all as they are pure and innocent............

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 20-08-2006, 11:43 PM   #46
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

yeah once they have picked a few in small towns they will sit around the corner and wait. has happened here in shepparton and will agian and again and again....

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
Old 21-08-2006, 12:12 AM   #47
LTDHO
The one and only

All organisations that deal with the public have a code of conduct. I know as I work with the public. If I were to swear to any member of the public I woould get a written warning. 3 warnings = unemployed. No one should be spoken to like that, this is how the police are loosing the respect of the general public.

Also on the issue of Police numbers. I use and see these all the time and can be very useful. Especially if you are trying to locate a police member and don't know which station he is at.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 21-08-2006, 12:19 AM   #48
Christiaan

Lets put it this way, if a copper ever swore at me, it'd probably be for a good reason.

Don't give them a reason to do it, and they usually won't. If they were to do it un-provoked, i'd quickly tell them to get off their high horse, and stfu. I hope that they'd go over my car. Watch the bastards work.
Old 21-08-2006, 12:27 AM   #49
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
wow you could have fooled me - my dad uses his badge number as his forums name on several forums....

Its cast into the badge on thier hats and also their actual "badge" which is in a leather case that flips open, like a small wallet.
Rollin, (badge) numbers are serial numbers for accountable items such as badges on Police uniform. You can ask me for my badge number and it will mean jack**** if you went down to the local to dob me in.
Old 21-08-2006, 12:42 AM   #50
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by banarcus
Rollin, (badge) numbers are serial numbers for accountable items such as badges on Police uniform. You can ask me for my badge number and it will mean jack**** if you went down to the local to dob me in.
So what do we ask for if we want to identify a police officer later?
Old 21-08-2006, 01:05 AM   #51
Kaddis
Kaddis Customs

....i can once again for the 9445654th time see this thread turn into a cop bashing thread......

cran dog on with the stockies man and having all the stickers wont help with trying to avoid attention
Old 21-08-2006, 01:36 AM   #52
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
they
don't
use
badge
numbers
We
don't
live
in
america
Maybe its not a badge #, maybe its a serial #. I am sure but there is some form of ID that they are required to give if asked. lol and yep its Australia aw right but if howard has his way it ill be america soon enuff.
Old 21-08-2006, 08:47 AM   #53
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People need to stop watching TV ... I said before what the useful number is but people obsess over 'badge numbers' because they hear it all the time on TV.
I am as guilty as any, but this is going way off track, I don't want more cop stories about what happened at 2.00am or how bad cops are. THis is about Cranners little episode and no more.
Old 21-08-2006, 10:34 AM   #54
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaddis
....i can once again for the 9445654th time see this thread turn into a cop bashing thread......

cran dog on with the stockies man and having all the stickers wont help with trying to avoid attention

Yeah ill prob have to put the stockies back on mate, and as for the stickers im promoting your fully sick company :evil_laug
Old 21-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #55
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

As much as it sucks to be pulled over, if police didn't do it there would be so many w@nkers getting away with stupid stuff.

You deserve to get pulled over, your mate deserved a mouth full, what if (and it does/could happen) he knocked his head on something while he was hanging out; wouldn't be very funny then.

Is anyone else getting a little tired of police threads? They are doing there job, I think people need to live with that unless you want e series people to be known as little sh|ts that cry about the police. Nothing personal Cranners, its just a trend thats been going on for a while, and its a shame.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 21-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #56
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by banarcus
So the 4 digit (though I believe newer officers are getting 5 digits) number cast into the 'shield' you are given, and the badge on your hat is there to help you tell which stuff is yours when its sitting on a desk at the station, and nothing more?

I think not...
Old 21-08-2006, 10:56 AM   #57
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
As much as it sucks to be pulled over, if police didn't do it there would be so many w@nkers getting away with stupid stuff.

You deserve to get pulled over, your mate deserved a mouth full, what if (and it does/could happen) he knocked his head on something while he was hanging out; wouldn't be very funny then.

Is anyone else getting a little tired of police threads? They are doing there job, I think people need to live with that unless you want e series people to be known as little sh|ts that cry about the police. Nothing personal Cranners, its just a trend thats been going on for a while, and its a shame.

Sorry I didn't see this when I was typing before - Police officers can do their job, and then they can be idiots.

Pulling someone over for doing the wrong thing, telling them what they did was wrong and that they shouldn't do it again, giving them a fine/court appearance etc is ok by me, and probably everyone else on the forums.

However, swearing, yelling, acting in a threatening manner and abusing their position of power is not acceptable behavior - just like you would not expect your Boss to talk to you like that at work. Respect begets respect.

"Firmness with Courtesy" used to be the QLD Police force motto - now it is "With Honour we Serve"

What is the VIC one? "We Pwn you with Abuse" ?
Old 21-08-2006, 11:03 AM   #58
crannersEL
Banned

I started this thread for a few reasons, i wanted to let people know how these hoon laws can be changed to how the policeman is feeling on the day/night.

I almost lost my car and a bit of money in fines because of the stupidity of one of my mates, that really had nothing to do with me.

I guess the lesson to learn is pick the freinds that jump in your car, and sure as hell make sure the don't play up....
Old 21-08-2006, 11:23 AM   #59
frost
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crannersEL
I started this thread for a few reasons, i wanted to let people know how these hoon laws can be changed to how the policeman is feeling on the day/night.

I almost lost my car and a bit of money in fines because of the stupidity of one of my mates, that really had nothing to do with me.

I guess the lesson to learn is pick the freinds that jump in your car, and sure as hell make sure the don't play up....

And put child lock on the back windows ;)
Old 21-08-2006, 11:41 AM   #60
Sundeep
Banned

Dude you're lucky.

And to all this crap about badge numbers... if you ask for a badge number I can 101% guarantee they will #### you in the *** a lot harder. What you should be doing as looking at their badge which is clearly displayed on their left tit at all times.

What you should have done is write it down, take it to Croydon Police station and tell them what happened. They will look up the officers and their posts and then you can make a complaint to the ESD.

That was what I did when I was pulled over in Oakleigh that crappy night a few months ago. I hadn't done anything to provoke his actions though, which were very uncalled for.

Problem is your mate was looking for #########. So I wouldn't bother.

Sundeep
Closed Thread