Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #31
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
100% agreed

The EL GT, while a bit of an "aquired taste" in the looks department, carried a lot of firsts(and onlys) for Ford in a performance car:

Twin piston brakes (first)
Hydratrack (first and only)
Carbon wrapped tailshaft (first and only)
5 Mode adaptive auto trans programming (first)
Functional (and integrated hot air extraction bonnet scoop - EB GT was a gimmick) (first and only)
Proper extractors (first in the "modern era" and first for ceramic coating)

Thats before we even look at the quality interior, that in my eyes, rivals even my personal favorite in a Ford: T1/T2 TS+TL50

Daniel
This man is wise, lets not forget the unique front spindles, increased diameter front discs, unique shocks & springs & "GT only "nolathane
bushes & "GT only" steering rack. EEC 5 Calibration was unique to the EL GT. :sm_headba
Old 08-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #32
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgt146
Having owned one of these I would say they are a big disappointment

I went from an EF XR8 to an EL GT and the result was complete disappointment.

It was all show and no go. The XR8 seemed to outperform it, out cornered it and just seemed to feel like it was more a street car with cred.

The GT felt like I was going to church and i drove it hard. I lived on top of a mountain and it got driven very hard up and down that hill.

Nobody even knew what kind of car it was. People thought it was a falcon with spoliers. It is an acquired taste and even I couldn't get used to it.

I sold it without even blinking an eye.

Yes they will become collectors items, they had alot of firsts and will look nice sitting in the shed but take one out on the road and I wouldn't be racing anyone because you will get beaten.
A very credible assumption, but why do you call yourselF EL GT 146? Oh by the way the rear wing does not work on the roundabouts of N.Q.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:05 PM   #33
elgt146
315-TUF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELGT4me
A very credible assumption, but why do you call yourselF EL GT 146? Oh by the way the rear wing does not work on the roundabouts of N.Q.

I wondered where you would be hiding in these forums.

Well good to see it is still going around corners.

Has the supercharger gone on yet?
Old 08-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #34
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
If only FPV would go to those lengths to improve handling, rather than just some shocks and springs.
Ouch!

Cop that Mr Barrett, didnt you come from FPR? :
Old 09-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #35
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Why would I put supercharger on it? (That would be like lowering an EL GT & pretending you know more about suspensions & handling than the blokes who built & road tested the car?) :
Old 09-01-2008, 08:23 AM   #36
Disciple
Banned

Quote:
Judas , good to see you are spreading the usual misinformation again!!! :
I can see I've hit a sore spot there champ. Sorry about that. My opinion is never misinformation tho, only my opinion. :
Old 09-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #37
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple
I can see I've hit a sore spot there champ. Sorry about that. My opinion is never misinformation tho, only my opinion. :
We have a renegade~
Old 09-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #38
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No sore spot here my "fiend", how about you post a pic of your "bucket of crap" (If its worthy of web space ) I will respond with a pic of my "bucket of crap" :
Old 09-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #39
Disciple
Banned

Quote:
No sore spot here my "fiend", how about you post a pic of your "bucket of crap" (If its worthy of web space ) I will respond with a pic of my "bucket of crap" :
Hehe.

http://www.ecn.net.au/~belated/evonew3.jpg

Now you. :
Old 09-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #40
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My sincere apologies, I thought this was FORD FORUMS, my mistake, now which EL GT do you wish to see? The Navy Blue or Heritage Green? Unfortunately your car is not worthy of web space here. (Try the ricer forums) :
Old 09-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #41
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

This is a discussion re: EL GT v VS GTS-R, not EL GT vs Evo 10 or whatever it may be...

Leave the bickering out
Old 09-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #42
Disciple
Banned

Quote:
My sincere apologies, I thought this was FORD FORUMS, my mistake, now which EL GT do you wish to see? The Navy Blue or Heritage Green? Unfortunately your car is not worthy of web space here. (Try the ricer forums) :
We can surely both agree we like different things. We're not bickering, just having fun. :
Old 09-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #43
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think this has run its course, lock it up methinks _
Old 09-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #44
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
We can surely both agree we like different things. We're not bickering, just having fun. :
Well have fun somewhere else.

I spent quite a while scanning and uploading these images, purely for everyone else to enjoy.

If you don't have anything relevent to add to this thread, take your bickering somewhere else.

Thanks,
Chaser

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 09-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #45
Werd.
nou

They look .
I'd rather a stocker. Sure they'd be great in a museum, but on the road you'd this it's a riced up junk bucket.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #46
Dezza
Parts bin special

I love the look of the EL GT. They look incredibly mean and have an awesome interior. As for EVOs, I respect that they are incredibly fast, but they look like crap. IMO the best looking cars are low, long and wide. The GT fits that bill. The EVO looks tall, short and skinny

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 09-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #47
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
You're comments are not seen as fun by the ELGT owners.
Keep this to the topic.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:05 PM   #48
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werd.
They look .
I'd rather a stocker. Sure they'd be great in a museum, but on the road you'd this it's a riced up junk bucket.
Any chance on an english translation of that?

Old 09-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #49
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Mate, I don't hide, I lurk. If I have nothing intelligent, informative, or enlightening to add to a post ,or reply, I will not use up webspace. Nobody asked you to endorse the EL GT, your criticisms are your business right or wrong, but to add credibillty to your thoughts, perhaps you should change your username. Don,t forget, performance is no longer valued in a straight line, the car must be able to stop & turn as well. Out of all the ex EL GT owners I have met, you are the only one, who has not regretted selling their car. Yet you commanded top dollar when you sold yours. With out blinking an eye maybe, but the other eye was on the bank balance!!! :
Old 10-01-2008, 01:33 AM   #50
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

This article brings back memories and in the hey days of V8's being mostly about torque over out and out horse power. The GT has 420Nm of torque with a difference of 70Nm between 1500rpm to 5250rpm.

The GTS-R is even more impressive with 507Nm at 3600rpm (albeit the blue printed option engine), widely regarded as one of the most torquey new era V8's around. The 700odd cc advantage shows no matter how good the GT is the GTS-R has the power and torque advantage.

Ofcourse being a Ford man at heart I would take the GT if I had to own one of these future classics, but geez reality, I wouldn't knock back either. I have been in a series 1 VT GTS which has a similar engine to the GTS-R and it was a nice ride indeed with plenty of bottom end lazy v8 oommmphhh. I would like to go in an EL GT one day.

Oh, something out of the ELGT I think they should of used on the later model performance falcons is the excellent hydratrak diff.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:53 AM   #51
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kia Chaser
Well have fun somewhere else.

I spent quite a while scanning and uploading these images, purely for everyone else to enjoy.

If you don't have anything relevent to add to this thread, take your bickering somewhere else.

Thanks,
Chaser
And you did a good job. Brings back memories, Being a 16 year old kid when these cars were released.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:33 AM   #52
HLC
Audi S3

the pdfs wont work on my computer :cry:

which sucks, these two cars were my favourite cars back in the day, when i was like 11!!!!!! i'd take either in a heartbeat.
Old 13-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #53
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow....I had forgotten how visually challenged (ie: sinfully ugly) these models are (let alone the EB, which was only slightly better).

Thank christ Ford fast-car design has moved on....no use having a sporty chick whos face is like a busted pie(ie: may perform well, but christ, shes ugly)

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Old 13-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #54
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew`SEVNT5
wow....I had forgotten how visually challenged (ie: sinfully ugly) these models are (let alone the EB, which was only slightly better).

Thank christ Ford fast-car design has moved on....no use having a sporty chick whos face is like a busted pie(ie: may perform well, but christ, shes ugly)
ie. Jana Rawlinson
Old 13-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #55
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink

Quote:

Mate, !!!It would be like owning an xr6t, when you could be driving a typhoon.
Old 14-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #56
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mate, !!!It would be like owning an xr6t, when you could be driving a typhoon.

hahah....nice!

but wrong......given that both the xr6t and the f6 don't induce vomit(unlike the EB/EL GT), the analogy just dosen't work, my friend

-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Old 14-01-2008, 10:28 AM   #57
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
ie. Jana Rawlinson
Haha .... true.

Call me visually challenged, but I like the look of the EL GT.
Old 14-01-2008, 11:05 AM   #58
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Thanks for posting the article Kia, great read.

Regardless of how quick it was, the GTS-R looks like a home made ricer, where the EL is class all the way inside and out (even if you dont love its look)
Old 14-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #59
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hahah....nice!

but wrong......given that both the xr6t and the f6 don't induce vomit(unlike the EB/EL GT), the analogy just dosen't work, my friend
What a shame, in the immortal words of Laminge " Darwin missed this one too!!!" :
Old 14-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #60
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What a shame, in the immortal words of Laminge " Darwin missed this one too!!!" :
well, if we are talking the theory of evolution, i'd say that one of our cars is more advanced than another...christ, my alfa romeo comes close, just with a slightly more-oldschool injection system

ach! all in good fun

you enjoy your automotivie ipecac, ill go enjoy the car I bought because I couldn't afford a typhoon

-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Closed Thread