Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #31
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Default Re: 2012 Hyundai Grandeur/i50

link to carpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpoint
Azera... We're not sure what it means but there's no real point in finding out. For even though the badge might have replaced Grandeur Down Under, the official word is the Large Car front-driver is not coming to Australia.

Hyundai Australia spokesman, Ben Hershman had previously poured cold water on the probability of the handsome new five-seater coming to Oz and reiterated the company line via email just minutes after new Azera was unveiled today at the Los Angeles Motor Show.

"HMC has recently released/is releasing the latest Grandeur (Azera in some markets). Australia is not taking the new Grandeur," he said. Short and sweet...
Old 17-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #32
msman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
Correct, new Ranger has this also (i'm pretty sure they got it through).
learn something new everyday.

nice looking car hyundai has really come up in the last couple of years
msman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #33
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I'd happily swap my Paj for one.
Old 17-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #34
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Hyundai Australia spokesman, Ben Hershman had previously poured cold water on the probability of the handsome new five-seater coming to Oz and reiterated the company line via email just minutes after new Azera was unveiled today at the Los Angeles Motor Show.

"HMC has recently released/is releasing the latest Grandeur (Azera in some markets). Australia is not taking the new Grandeur," he said. Short and sweet...
Big mistake right there. If Hyundai are serious about continuing to build and grow market credibility they need to import their full range of vehicles, especially halo models. WTF are the marketing department thinking ?
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #35
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

I'd say they, like I, think that there isn't truly enought to differentiate the vehicle from the i45 and they will probably just confuse the market by injecting too many offerings too quickly.

I'd rather see them introduce the Genesis sedan or Equus before this car.
Old 17-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #36
Rodge
Banned

i40, i45 and now i50, yes I see your point but they're not importing the Genisis either so its a curious statagy that deny's customers the choice of any large Hyundai sedan, (i45 is really mid sized IMHO), go figure ?
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #37
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks alright. i wouldn't mind if my missus got one, but I wouldn't buy one for myself.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #38
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would love them selling more models here too … but in the greater scheme of things, Australia sales for any manufacturer are like a drop in the ocean when compared to many other markets … so in reality they just don’t care what the local dealers are doing, how overpriced the cars are here, and what the Australian market demands are … we are simply put, too small for them to bother with :(:(:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
Big mistake right there. If Hyundai are serious about continuing to build and grow market credibility they need to import their full range of vehicles, especially halo models. WTF are the marketing department thinking ?
dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #39
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Better competition forces Australian cars to raise thier game and standard features to match.

People might laugh...sometimes...at things like the Great Wall fourbies, utes, and cars, but the way they are coming out with standard leather guts and all sorts of features will eventually force local makers to raise thier standard fitments to match.
Once we started to see the era some years back of even cheap cars having standard sability control, traction control, air con, power steering, electric windows, etc, it made the makers here sit up and lift their game. Until then they had been happy to make all sorts of stuff we now take for granted as a standard fitment an option, and usually an expensive one at that.

Very nice car that Hyundai...bring it on.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #40
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd say it has more to do with the fact that Hyundai still isnt as mature or as well accepted here as it is in other markets. People still suffer from the "I'm not going to spend $x on a Hyundai" syndrome. They tried with the last 2 generations of Grandeur and failed dismally. If the i40/i45 do well, we'll probably see the next gen Grandeur I'd imagine, as they'd continue the push up the tree...
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #41
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by imugli
I'd say it has more to do with the fact that Hyundai still isnt as mature or as well accepted here as it is in other markets. People still suffer from the "I'm not going to spend $x on a Hyundai" syndrome. They tried with the last 2 generations of Grandeur and failed dismally. If the i40/i45 do well, we'll probably see the next gen Grandeur I'd imagine, as they'd continue the push up the tree...
^^^^^^^^This sums it up perfectly. No one will spend big money on a Hyundai. And they know it, last Granduer was an absolute sales failure.

Fuel economy is 10.2 litres per 100, worse than a Falcon even though its a front driver, lighter weight, all alloy 3.3 litre V6 with direct injection, higher compression ratio than Falcon 6 too.

In my eyes thats a big fail, economy should be way better than that.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #42
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Most likely will be a good car (seeing Hyundai have been making great cars) but I personally think its an very ordinary looking car. Mind you I don't like the i45 either.
Old 17-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #43
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Don't waste time with this, bring over the Genesis sedan/coupe and the Equus.

Oh and that 5L V8 too.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #44
jay289

Is this a Ford site or a sales pitch for Hyundai.
Two bad points about this car.
1 It's not a Ford
2 No V8
jay289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #45
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by msman
why is there a button to turn the passenger airbag off?
This is a American model and in the states 85% of people dont where a seatbelt so the airbag comes out with twice the force to compensate however there is serious risk of the airbag killing smaller ppl and kids at that force so the USA being the epicentre of freedom of choice most cars have this button which gives you the choice to turn the airbag off.

You wont find this button on any euro or Australian cars Hyundai or otherwise.

In Oz kids 7 and under must sit in the back seat with a approved bolster seat there is certain conditions where a child is allowed to sit in the front but only if rear seats are occupied by kids 7 or under.

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #46
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

just more things to go wrong, My mother has a 08 Hyundai it is horrid keep going back to hyundai every couple of month's for faulty parts, and my Mother's hyundai isn't the only one :-/ and yet she wants to get a new sante'fe..... go figure
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post