Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #31
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's a good statement Abacus.

It does come down to personal choice.

But being a person whose father is anal about money, I think they are overpriced for the fact that they are imported. The Peugeot is the equivalent of a Falcon or Commodore in another country, and the cost would be a hell of a lot lower.

Plus I like to support local industry. I will only ever own Falcons and other Aussie-made cars.
uranium_death is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #32
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

holdens number 307, and the new HSV's called the E-series, the General is being very original...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2006, 07:36 PM   #33
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I think the placement of the badges might have something to do with it. For example, on the rear left it reads simply 307 and on the rear right it reads GTS. It doesn't even say HSV on the back at all. If it said 307kW or maybe even 307i like the HSVs of old it might be different.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:25 AM   #34
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being the owner of 1.5 Falcons and 1 Pug 307, I must say I love both sorts of cars.
The Pug we has is a 2.0L Turbo Diesel. 100KW of power with 320Nm of Tourque. The tourque figures put it up in to the same range as the 6 cyl Falcons and Holdens. Because of this, the Pug has a 1400Kg towing capacity for a small 4 cyl motor, compared to 1600Kgs for my EL.
The Pug has been averaging about 6.3L/100Kms since we got it a month or so ago. My Falcon on the open road on LPG gets about 12-13L/100Kms.
For the price of the Pug, it comes with a swag of safety features. 6 airbags, Electronic Stability Program with traction control, ABS, Active headrests, seat belt pre-tensioners, which are all standard.
As far as I a concerned, it's a good looking car, it is comfortable to drive and very cheap too. I would buy another one in the future, but I would also stick to my Falcons too.