Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #31
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Default Re: sydney school bans cart wheels

yeah, but cart wheels can be real, real dangerous. (ha, ha)
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 02:16 AM   #32
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese3
WHY WITH ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS?!?!?

W get told and the flock of sheep follow ad believe the saying "we live in the lucky country, the great Australia dream we are living"

The more of these articles i read it makes me hating living in this country and the only reason I'm still here is our wages, but with ALL the jobs going ill be out of work anyway.

Im so proud to be Australian

/sarcasm
I know what you mean (sort of)
I'm trying for a full time job (last one was Police) but no one is taking. Stuck as a casual at a supermarket because I can't get a break and get a decent paying job and hold myself up
/not sarcasm

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

XR6T0Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #33
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Not surprised at all.

Residents around this area of Sydney (Drummoyne) are soooo precious, I'm quite surprised they haven't banned schooling all together so kids don't get "stressed".....
Old 29-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #34
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Wasn't there talk of extending school hours to 5PM?
Old 29-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #35
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS
Not surprised at all.

Residents around this area of Sydney (Drummoyne) are soooo precious, I'm quite surprised they haven't banned schooling all together so kids don't get "stressed".....
Don't laugh, this could still be a future possibility.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #36
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nothing surprises me anymore, you hear school x tuck shop bans pork from it`s sandwhiches because it offends certain religions, it`s getting that way it will be illegal to fart in Australia.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #37
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

If a sandwich has Pork on it and that offends you, don't ******* order it.
Old 29-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #38
karj
XY Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
nothing surprises me anymore, you hear school x tuck shop bans pork from it`s sandwhiches because it offends certain religions, it`s getting that way it will be illegal to fart in Australia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72
If a sandwich has Pork on it and that offends you, don't ******* order it.
I assume you guys are referring to Muslims who cannot eat non-halal food?

I realise this is a hot topic and I really don't want to start an ideological debate, but I just want to clarify something because it's not as simple as you guys think.

Muslims can only eat halal foods/meat, and this doesn't include pork, bacon and ham. If a place were to sell a mix of halal and non-halal, there is a risk of cross contamination (using the same oil, or utensils, etc) which is problematic for many muslims. This adherence to doctrine makes it very difficult for muslims to dine out, so some businesses have decided to stop selling such meats and become halal certified. It's not actually about muslims forcing it on 'us' because they are ideological zealots, or because they find 'us' eating it offensive... it's simply a practical solution to a problem.

Agree with it or not is your choice entirely, I'm just trying to clarify it.

Last edited by karj; 29-08-2012 at 01:57 PM.
karj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #39
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not having a go at religious party's , but just pointing out how Australia is changing, everything must be politically correct, don`t want to offend anyone, , actions with the slightest of risk that would have once been seen as a bit of harmless fun is now becoming no no.
Old 30-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #40
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf
yep! me too.....well..... that was until I seen the railway kids doing it without knickers

put me off hamburgers for life!

I picked up my granddaughter from Kindy a while back, she came racing up to give granddad a hug as she always does.....another little girl came charging up behind her and tripped over and took a bit of bark off her knee

I scooped her up, brushed off the dirt and gave her a hug to stop her from crying.....I got into a bit of poop for that one

the mafia that runs the kindies don't allow "touching".......I had to "explain myself"

the mother of the little girl came in as I was "explaining" to the chief of the establishment in a rather raised voice manner just how silly that rule is to a 3 year old that has been injured

the mother simply gave me a hug and said thank you, I'm glad there was someone here to pick her up and give her some sympathy

I'm a father of two, and a grandfather to three, god parent to umpteen dozen....I love kids and they love me......my first response to an injured child is to offer a bit of comfort

not allowed in this day and age apparently.....not even from the teachers

strange world we live in.......but anyway the little girl got a bandaid and her bit of sympathy so all was right in her world

now when I pick up my grandkiddy I am given a little leeway....as all the kids come charging up to say howdy and show me what they have painted.....bit hard for the gestapo to stop them all...particularly when i have the parents approval

deep down in your gut, it almost makes you think there is some sort of dark social re-engineering on a generational scale doesn't it?
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #41
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didn't know what to think at the time.....if my kiddie/grandchild fell over and hurt himself/herself I would really like to think there would be someone there to give at least a little empathy and sympathy

I was also surprised at all the parents who "rallied" around me and denounced the stupid "no hugging/touching" rule for littley's and backed me 100%

if this is the wish of the parents or at least the majority of the parents then why would they all stand behind me when the rule was supposedly fractured

if it is a silly minority making these ridiculous rules then why are they allowed to rule the majorities lives

simply a matter of the good folks say nothing I suppose

the world is changing and not necessarily for the better

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #42
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I didn't know what to think at the time.....if my kiddie/grandchild fell over and hurt himself/herself I would really like to think there would be someone there to give at least a little empathy and sympathy

I was also surprised at all the parents who "rallied" around me and denounced the stupid "no hugging/touching" rule for littley's and backed me 100%

if this is the wish of the parents or at least the majority of the parents then why would they all stand behind me when the rule was supposedly fractured

if it is a silly minority making these ridiculous rules then why are they allowed to rule the majorities lives

simply a matter of the good folks say nothing I suppose

the world is changing and not necessarily for the better
maybe i remember it wrong, but It does seem that way poppa, it`s probably not that the old days where easier, but the life style was more black and white/simpler, and there was more trust in your fellow human being i think, the constant barrage of information on the internet/media/tv/ bad **** happening in front of your eyes these days is never ending.
Old 30-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #43
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

This reminds me of one of my old man's work colleagues from way back in the day when Adam Sandler was still funny and colours hadn't been invented yet.

Old mate took his kid to a local council owned park. The kid was a dipshit and was being an idiot on the flying fox. He fell off and broke his arm. Old mate then sued the council because his idiot son couldn't manage a flying fox (in perfect working order) and won.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #44
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep!......I just don't know any more....I think the righteous pendulum has swung too far, hopefully it swings back one day ......

never mind, new day tomorrow (now watch some mongrel come along and stuff that one up)

Hah!...I remember when the world was black and white

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 31-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #45
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I work at a school and try to stop this sorta BS from happening as often as I can... Sometimes I get my way, sometimes I don't.

A few months ago a girl at a Sydney school got hit in the face with a tennis ball while playing tennis. The hitter, the daughter of a doctor I think was to be sued by the victim, the daughter of an architect....

They said his full name when discussing this on the radio and I was fuming. I googled his name and the word architect and sure enough found the chap...

I went to the 'Contact Us' page of the company he was supposedly working for to send him a piece of my mind. On the page was this msg: "Please be advised that Mr XXYYZZ no longer works for this firm and is not contactable via this site"... Or words to that effect.

Seems I wasn't the only one.....

Wonder what happened with that????

Sad indeed....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #46
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

They banned liquid soap in the toilets in a school up here because the kids were using it to create a slip 'n' slide on the toilet floors at recess and lunch.

It lasted about a week until parents complained about no soap in the toilets, so it's back in there - but now children in the toilets are supervised by a teacher during recess and lunch!!!

Who thinks this stuff up??

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #47
MAD
Petro-sexual

What happened to grey sandy soap bars? That was the good stuff when I was at school.
Old 31-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #48
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
What happened to grey sandy soap bars? That was the good stuff when I was at school.
ah! "solvol"......I remember it well.....guaranteed to take your skin off if you rubbed hard enough.....we didn't have soap in our besser block loo's, but we did have walls about 7 feet high

I still hold the record for being the only 6th grader with the ability to piddle over the wall into the girls section that was at the the other end of the same structure

I wonder what the punishment would be now for piddling over walls?

Old 31-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #49
MattsDisturbed
Bseries

I can't stand the level of protectionism that exists in Australia today. No one can take responsibility for their own actions and consequences. Why is that every time someone receives an injury in any form, the first question posed is who can we blame for this? Who can we make some money off?

Check it out:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11336211
MattsDisturbed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #50
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
ah! "solvol"......I remember it well.....guaranteed to take your skin off if you rubbed hard enough.....we didn't have soap in our besser block loo's, but we did have walls about 7 feet high

I still hold the record for being the only 6th grader with the ability to piddle over the wall into the girls section that was at the the other end of the same structure

hahaha

We had those competitions too, except on the other side of the wall was a bench where kids sat to eat their lunch. Quite incredible to hear the sounds of kids wondering where the rain was coming from on a blue sky day.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #51
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

warm summer rain in winter at that??
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #52
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

P.M.S.L.!!!!.......ah memories!... I can still hear the screaming almost fifty years later

Old 31-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #53
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

You guys had all the fun. Flesh eating soap, ****ing over high walls...all we had was ****ing underneath the cubicles to get the person next to us' feet wet.

Oh wait I still do that @ 21 when I'm drunk at the pub.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #54
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:

I broke that record in year 2... just before I was expelled... That was the 2nd and last public school I went to after getting suspended from Kindy...

And to think I teach yr 6 now... Thats why I have a soft spot for kids who like to see how far the rules can be flexed... God knows I was much worse!

How would I deal with it now??? Ummmm probably tell em to not get a better lookout next time... then compare notes....

I got the largest class in the school, if I'm a by the book mongrel I will honestly get nowhere with them. I see a lot of how I was in some of them, and I think I didn't turn out too bad after all is said and done ;)

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 01:24 AM   #55
Supel_11
Starter Motor

Seriously put bubble rap around your child before they go to school seriously
Supel_11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post