Old 03-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #31
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Ford's Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
The industry itself.
There is no large car replacement for Falcon.

No RHD Taurus and nothing else.

The 'replacement' will be the next gen Mondeo / Fusion.

That's it !
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #32
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Yep. That's what Graziano told us. The segment is just too small to even bother having a competitor in.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #33
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Yep. That's what Graziano told us. The segment is just too small to even bother having a competitor in.
The other thing is that Fusion is now slightly larger internally than the current Mondeo,
not by much but the hip and shoulder room are up by a bout 25 mm which helps a bit..

Even in America, Taurus sales are now between a quarter and a third of Fusion and it's
probably heading the same way as Falcon, the bigger market stalling the inevitable there.
A slightly enlarged Fusion could probably cover both vehicles much better.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #34
MLR
Super Happy Fun Slide

Took my BF into a Ford dealer to get a quote for a service, which to my surprise was $450 for a oil change/filter and air filter, I promptly declined.

I also asked about the outer diff bushes which was quoted at $750, again I declined.

The servicing I could do myself but it is a warranty thing, had a quote from a garage down the road for the oil/filter and air filter and was quoted $150 and the bushes at $400.

If Ford was serious about staying afloat they would be offering a service for a reasonable price which would see more people using their service centres thus generation more income for them, also it would make you buy more Fords as they charge a fair price for servicing so I would continue to support the brand.

As it is they don't.

On a side note, a new Ranger was in for its second time to fix a milk shake problem, and a nice looking GT had a leaky main seal which was leaking into the bell housing, Ford said it would be fine and to come back it started to leak more than it already was.

I did LOL.
MLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #35
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

unfortunately we have had Holden loving trolls bashing ford on here for some time . so are so blatant that they have usernames that have obvious links to their bogan alliances.
I'm sure these trolls comments didn't help the Falcons cause , if Ford Australia look at the number one supporters forum and see morons spewing constant negativity it would make the decision to axe the falcon easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2428 View Post
I know this might have been covered and I do apologise as too much work and not enough sleep may have meant i missed a previous thread.

I am Ford through and through. I will be blue over till i die. But I am trying to get a handle on who is sick of the put downs and carry on about the demise of the falcon. Don't get me wrong i am totally gutted, feel terrible for those workers it effects and feel like i have lost one of my own.

However I would love to focus on the future. I want to focus on the future. I want to focus on the great products in the future. I as a a Ford supporter, support all of the Blue oval products as meeting the needs of certain people. In saying this I am sick of getting the impression that because i don't own a falcon I am not supporting Ford as best I can.

What i am trying to see is if i am the only one that sees that people seem to be singling out those that dont own a new falcon or can't/don't plan to buy one as being not true ford supporters.

Basically i'm sick of the FORD BASHING that seems to be going around.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #36
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
unfortunately we have had Holden loving trolls bashing ford on here for some time . so are so blatant that they have usernames that have obvious links to their bogan alliances.
I'm sure these trolls comments didn't help the Falcons cause , if Ford Australia look at the number one supporters forum and see morons spewing constant negativity it would make the decision to axe the falcon easier.
It's worse than that.
We now have Ford fans dividing into two groups,

1)the Falconites who have no interest in any other Ford vehicles
and once Falcon finishes, so are they with Ford.

2) The remainder of Ford enthusiasts who visit this site, sad to see local
manufacturing go but look with optimism in Ford's future beyond the Falcon.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #37
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
It's worse than that.

1)the Falconites / Terry lovers who have no interest in any other Ford vehicles
and once Falcon / Tezza finishes, so are they with Ford.

Fixed that for ya and at a guess I reckon that's pretty much a 50 / 50 split at present but I reckon many in the first group when they've got over things in their own time will gradually feel more inclined towards joining the second group.

OTOH I think healthy debate has always been a good aspect of this site and can't help wondering what that other group who left some time back to set up their "alternative reality" positive spin only site are doing with themselves now
One can suppose that perhaps they're busy in their alternative reality trying to convince themselves this is all a bad dream and a change of Government will fix everything

Last edited by Rodge; 07-07-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #38
b2428

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
I am in no way a holden lover just an all round for lover that was frustrated at the time. I feel offended to be viewed as this. At the time of the original post there was a lot of banter saying that I felt implied that if you didnt own a new Falcon you were not a genuine supporter. Just like others i was venting and opening up a debate. I am genuinely sorry if what I wrote gave you the impression that i was a holden loving troll.

Quote:
It's worse than that.

I for one fall into the 2nd group. Having 2 groups isn't what any of us want but it has unfortunately occured. Neither group is right or wrong but bring with it their own views.

2010 Triton GLX-R Dual Cab. So good to be back in a manual.

2008 MA TDCI MONDEO, recently became somebody elses problem haha.

1988 EA Fairmont Monza Red 3.9L CFI - the project beast. On hold for now.

2013 Nissan Pulsar ST-L - The better halfs car
b2428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #39
BHDOGS
Banned

I'm the first group **** ford ones falcons gone so am I I'm loyal to Australia not a round badge with some blue on it
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #40
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
I'm the first group **** ford ones falcons gone so am I I'm loyal to Australia not a round badge with some blue on it
So in 2017 will you be browsing the Toyota Camry or Holden Cruze forums? They'll still be built in Australia.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #41
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I am in no way a holden lover just an all round for lover that was frustrated at the time. I feel offended to be viewed as this. At the time of the original post there was a lot of banter saying that I felt implied that if you didnt own a new Falcon you were not a genuine supporter. Just like others i was venting and opening up a debate. I am genuinely sorry if what I wrote gave you the impression that i was a holden loving troll.

I for one fall into the 2nd group. Having 2 groups isn't what any of us want but it has unfortunately occured. Neither group is right or wrong but bring with it their own views.
I was not meaning you there has been a long running issue with these people ( not you) . I think you raise a valid point and if anything was reinforcing your view on Ford bashing

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #42
b2428

OK sounds like a miss interpretation I too think I have a valid point but then again I also raised the issue

Old 07-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #43
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Similarly if people want to believe that they are true Ford supporters, all the whilst bagging Ford’s number one product and getting stuck into those that actually do support it, like I said it’s a free country.
No one's bagging the Falcon. I love the Falcon, I've owned two of them, but I can get over its demise because Ford has other terrific products in its line-up. I can also understand that Ford had no choice but to make the decision to cease manufacturing in Australia in light of the losses they were making while doing so, and in light of the ever declining Falcon sales over the past decade.

Quote:
I for one fall into the 2nd group.
Likewise. I'm a Ford fan much more so than a Falcon fan. Ford have plenty of magnificent products in their line-up, and as far as I'm concerned, so long as it's a Ford, it'll go straight to the top of my shopping list in any segment.

The Ford brand is bigger than any model. Yes, Falcon has been around for 53 years, but Ford has been around longer. Models come and go, but the one constant is Ford. So long as I have a Ford to buy, I'll be happy.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #44
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
It's worse than that.

Definitely fit into group 2, yeah sad the Falcon is going but am open minded enough to see the brilliance in the rest of the Ford range. Falcon had its time and like many others has been out classed by the rest of the range.
I cannot wait to see what the Ford range will look like in the next couple of years.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #45
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Ford's future post 2016 in this country will be that of a bit player. Most likely will be outside top 5 vehicle brands.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #46
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm a ute person. I'll be buying an FH and after that if Holden are still manufacturing VF Utes then it's off to them I go. The family car will be a dual cab ute and while I'd like it to be a Ranger I'm not brand loyal when it comes to them so if I find a better one elsewhere that is what I'll buy. Dunno what group that puts me in...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #47
stang65
FPRJET

Well I think Ford are kidding themselves. The reason Ford and Holden had a foot here in the past was because they built cars here and played on Australian pride. Once they leave they will be no different to any other importer. And shouldn`t expect to be treated differently. If they want to cater for people that like boring cars and the mums and dads that aren`t into cars and have no passion for cars so be it, but don`t expect brand loyalty from those they dumped.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #48
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
No one's bagging the Falcon. I love the Falcon, I've owned two of them, but I can get over its demise because Ford has other terrific products in its line-up. I can also understand that Ford had no choice but to make the decision to cease manufacturing in Australia in light of the losses they were making while doing so, and in light of the ever declining Falcon sales over the past decade.

Likewise. I'm a Ford fan much more so than a Falcon fan. Ford have plenty of magnificent products in their line-up, and as far as I'm concerned, so long as it's a Ford, it'll go straight to the top of my shopping list in any segment.

The Ford brand is bigger than any model. Yes, Falcon has been around for 53 years, but Ford has been around longer. Models come and go, but the one constant is Ford. So long as I have a Ford to buy, I'll be happy.
You havn't owned an FPV have you !! To put it frankly, you have no idea what you missed out on and the value of what's going from the menu. Blind brand loyalty is exactly that...Blind. It won't suprise me in the slightest if the replacement vehicle, if any, is'nt as good in which case performance enthusiasts like myself will most likely shop elsewhere come replacement time.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #49
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65 View Post
Well I think Ford are kidding themselves. The reason Ford and Holden had a foot here in the past was because they built cars here and played on Australian pride. Once they leave they will be no different to any other importer. And shouldn`t expect to be treated differently. If they want to cater for people that like boring cars and the mums and dads that aren`t into cars and have no passion for cars so be it, but don`t expect brand loyalty from those they dumped.
So if it is built in Australia it won't be a boring car and it would be bought by people that have a passion for cars? So Focus here vs one made in Thailand or Germany? Difference?

Falcon XT buyers, are they people who like boring cars and not passionate about their cars? I mean what's so special about a XT over a Focus ST, a Mustang (if it is imported)?

Oh you better change your signature to either Ford (Australia) or Falcon, cause that's what you really meant.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #50
stang65
FPRJET

Was thinking of that. But I have a Falcon and Territory might have to include both.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #51
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Without the loss generating manufacturing arm holding Ford AUS back, I would hope they can invest in exceptional after sales service and build brand loyalty through a quality product and quality care (Like Toyota and Mazda had to do, nothing much exciting in there range, baring the odd rotary and recent 86). I hope that is what happens. I don't expect them to compete in all market segments but they need to aim for top 2-3 in each of the segments they compete in (supply issues can't be an excuse). Ford needs to be perceived above Toyota/Honda/Mazda in the product quality stakes (they are unfortunately currently near the bottom) and on a similar level to what VW is (or was prior to there recent quality issues). This will take 5-10 years to establish, but if done correctly will build a different type of brand loyalty, as they can't pull at our heart strings with history and local manufacturing anymore.

It's really in their court.

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #52
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ_Smooth View Post
Without the loss generating manufacturing arm holding Ford AUS back, I would hope they can invest in exceptional after sales service and build brand loyalty through a quality product and quality care (Like Toyota and Mazda had to do, nothing much exciting in there range, baring the odd rotary and recent 86). I hope that is what happens. I don't expect them to compete in all market segments but they need to aim for top 2-3 in each of the segments they compete in (supply issues can't be an excuse). Ford needs to be perceived above Toyota/Honda/Mazda in the product quality stakes (they are unfortunately currently near the bottom) and on a similar level to what VW is (or was prior to there recent quality issues). This will take 5-10 years to establish, but if done correctly will build a different type of brand loyalty, as they can't pull at our heart strings with history and local manufacturing anymore.

It's really in their court.
Fine sentiments but for that to happen you have to change the core culture of Ford Australia and its service centres from the inside out. I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #53
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
The reason the Pub has been chock full of vitriol and vociferous debate since Ford announced the cessation of local manufacturing is because a lot on this forum are blue blooded because of Falcon and don't give a rats rear end about the rest of the Ford range. As a result, the future isn't a Ford one for these people.
Bingo, majority (not all) are Falcon derived supporters and supporters of muscle & classic. Its symbolic and connects to the enthusiasts.
Don't know about most here I only speak for myself, but I don't go snap my neck when an 86 Meteor passes by, nor would I even notice a parade of Lasers, Taurus, Mondeo etc at an AFD for example.
My future with Ford product will only be used Falcon based, and should I need different I think enough competition exists in most cases to get a better product at a better price than a Ford offering. Toyota or Holden for starters.

Warning - This users posts are classified (G).

G (General) – Contains material intended for general viewing. The content is very mild in impact.
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED SENSITIVE ADULTS VIEW IN THE COMPANY OF CHILDREN
fte50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #54
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

well for me its always been a simple choice, i prefer large 4 door rear wheel drive sedans & have never walked away from an in line six, so the falcon has always been my first choice, thats why although not planned when the talk first aired re the falcon being on its last wings i've always said once announced ill buy a new or close to new one as i can afford, thus how i ended up in the fg 2 gte although i skipped the inline 6 option lol, i was not fully ready to commit but with the support of my wife i took the plunge & traded a very good ba xr6 for it which if i could have kept would have. im now happy that for me at least i have the gte for the rest of my life to enjoy, & i have the better halfs au 2 ghia which will one day be my daily.
i dont see myself as a ford hater now but i have to admit ive always been proud that my falcons were broady made & was always happy to buy them even an ea !
now when the time comes for her car in future & she deserves the next one, i wont push as i have in the past for the newest falcon / g6e over a hatchback as i have in the past, ill let her have full choice of model & brand because after all its her car from here on in not mine & if she chooses a nissan, cruze, mazda or focus then so be it but for me ill keep my falcons no matter how old they are because they suit me & our interstate drives, last year i took my au to adelade for a short trip & if i had that or a new mazda 3 in the garage i'd still pick my au.
i know this may put me in a minority but i do admit one thing if & its a big if i had to replace the gte id seriously look at a commodore first & secondly a camry because i'd like to do my bit to support the line workers. & before anyone says it, yes i buy australian made where possible over imports even if it costs more.
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #55
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post
So in 2017 will you be browsing the Toyota Camry or Holden Cruze forums? They'll still be built in Australia.
A lot of car enthusiasts already do - no denying Holden contribution to the enthusiast and Toyota's TRD range surely offered heaps more than I-pod connectivity.

G (General) – Contains material intended for general viewing. The content is very mild in impact.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #56
b2428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
I'm a ute person. I'll be buying an FH and after that if Holden are still manufacturing VF Utes then it's off to them I go. The family car will be a dual cab ute and while I'd like it to be a Ranger I'm not brand loyal when it comes to them so if I find a better one elsewhere that is what I'll buy. Dunno what group that puts me in...
Puts you into the whats best for you option. Is the reason that even though im Ford loyal through and through i'm not blind loyal. When the misses said she wanted a new pulsar I was like ok lets have a look and I think it was a very nice car to drive. Is why I have always had a Ford in some way but even considered a Nissan Dualis and a Subaru Outback before the Mondeo. Neither suited me so I was able to kill 2 birds with one stone and stay brand loyal while selecting the car that best suited our needs. Thats the thing, if its a falcon that is you through and through then thats great. I have never meant that to be a bad thing just the fact that if you werent falcon blind then you werent loyal enough.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #57
stang65
FPRJET

And maybe Ford are in this position because they never looked after their enthusiast customers. Maybe that's the reason people started looking at other brands because of the crappy service and no support for the customers loyalty. Holden are proud to be making cars here thats what I see in there adverts where as Ford gave up on boasting Australian made long ago.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #58
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65 View Post
And maybe Ford are in this position because they never looked after their enthusiast customers. .
That's a bit harsh, they offer I-Pod connectivity, on screen display and they now have built in robes in the seats where enthusiasts can store their stiletto's along with their driving gloves.
Its the new generation of enthusiast, those more concerned about gadgets than powertrain etc. The standard car today is just another I-Phone on 4 wheels.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #59
stang65
FPRJET

Well I stopped wearing Stiletto`s when i stopped driving FWD cars.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #60
rdmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.
rdmr is offline   Reply With Quote