Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #31
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Whats your point there Bucky ? no comparo,by the way the Foci new on the Glass's dealers guide is $36k and the BFMK11 XT $42990.

After all the hype that the Euro XR5T was going to be a pocket rocket it's come up short and sales/stats prove it.

Don't get me wrong they are a nice looking toy but for the $$ Redxr347 is willing to spend I know where I'd be looking and he is starting to see with his posts above.
I'm off to have a drive of a Liberty in about an hour from now, apparantly they do go as well as they claim.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #32
soulfire
Kermit the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Well this throws a spanner in the works!

I've just noticed that for the same $$$ (35k) I can get into a MY05 WRX or even a EVO VII. What to do, what to do. :evil3:

EDIT: and to confuse me further good k Subaru Liberty 3.0R B's are in that region too.
The 3 Litre Boxer engine is a pig. They burn oil like LS1's, are the reason they have to give them all a short service intervals. It is a nice car to drive, and handles well, but the turbo is a better engine (yes i've driven both have a few friends that work for subaru).
The EVOVII was the slowest of all evos, and isn't as good of a looker as the rest I reckon.
Personally I think you wanna try and get into an 06 WRX. The 2.5L engine will run a low 13/high 12 with an exhaust and retune with a good driver, and handles awesomely. The WRX's are a much easier car to live with than an EVO... more creature comfort too.
soulfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #33
soulfire
Kermit the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I have no idea what Glass is, I went to the ford web site and got my price from there.

So the BF 2 XT it $6,000 more than the XR5. So it makes it even better value for money.

All i am saying is for the price, you can't expect it to have as much performance as an AWD drive like the STI or an MPS. If you did, then it would be priced around the same. People are expecting it to be as good as the other cars like the MPS and STI, when you actually get in it and drive, it's nothing like those cars. I used the XT comparo becuase there is no comparasin. Same as the comparasin between the AWD. There is none.
A standard WRX is $3500 more than an XR5 turbo, is AWD, better in gear acceleration, better handling, better warranty, and I believe cheaper to service.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #34
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfire
The 3 Litre Boxer engine is a pig. They burn oil like LS1's, are the reason they have to give them all a short service intervals. It is a nice car to drive, and handles well, but the turbo is a better engine (yes i've driven both have a few friends that work for subaru).
The EVOVII was the slowest of all evos, and isn't as good of a looker as the rest I reckon.
Personally I think you wanna try and get into an 06 WRX. The 2.5L engine will run a low 13/high 12 with an exhaust and retune with a good driver, and handles awesomely. The WRX's are a much easier car to live with than an EVO... more creature comfort too.
Problem with the WRX is I don't want to be pulled over by Mr Plod everytime I go out for a drive and the insurance would near kill me. That and I'm not really into the whole boy racer/ricer thing. If I have the choice of a turbo 4 or a nice 6 I'll take the 6 everytime.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:19 PM   #35
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
A standard WRX is $3500 more than an XR5 turbo, is AWD, better in gear acceleration, better handling, better warranty, and I believe cheaper to service.
Here you go Bucky, well worth the little extra and depreciation will not be as bad as the low volume XR5T.

Glass's Dealers Guide is the legit valuers book compared to the Red Book.

I wasn't comparing them to any AWD etc I just gave my opinion to someone coming out of a beloved stroked windsor to a XR5T.

Back on topic good luck Red.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:35 PM   #36
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

remember front wheels should be lifted not driven
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #37
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

russ .. you are a tool for selling it

Just keep it for a Weekender , and just get the WRX

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #38
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Just got back from Bendigo (god I hate that place) and the Liberty is an awesome bit of kit. The handling and grip is sensational, the gearbox is the best I've ever felt along with the clutch and it is comfort plus. My only gripes are that it does lack a bit in the all out go department and the front seat bolsters could be a bit bigger as I felt I lacked a bit of side support. It is a great car though.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #39
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Well as you may know i sold my xr8 347 ute and traded camps, my dad has a BF2 xr6 and i just dont like them they are like a BA with a new bumper to me. I looked at the XR5 and drove a few but just cant see myself in a small car at this stage of my life so i decided on a Brand new VE SS 6lt 6speed manual. Im happy with the choice and the car drives and goes so well. It came with 4kms on the clock and its still only got 600kms on it and its going really well and happy with it. Ill get some pics up soon.

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #40
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeishaXR8_347
Well as you may know i sold my xr8 347 ute and traded camps, my dad has a BF2 xr6 and i just dont like them they are like a BA with a new bumper to me. I looked at the XR5 and drove a few but just cant see myself in a small car at this stage of my life so i decided on a Brand new VE SS 6lt 6speed manual. Im happy with the choice and the car drives and goes so well. It came with 4kms on the clock and its still only got 600kms on it and its going really well and happy with it. Ill get some pics up soon.
I knew you were selling the ute but I didn't realise that you went for a VE, traitor . I'm actually thinking I may have a look at a MY03 WRX STi.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:56 PM   #41
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Bah i dont care what people say i still love fords but i like to be differant and i have to drive and look at it.

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #42
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If i had a B series i would trade to a VE, but i cant bring myself to getting rid of the ute.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:25 AM   #43
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeishaXR8_347
Bah i dont care what people say i still love fords but i like to be differant and i have to drive and look at it.
Fair call, I was only joking anyway. You have to be happy with what you have, not everyone else. Personally I'm not a fan of the VE but then again I'm not a fan of the B series either.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #44
soulfire
Kermit the Frog

Quote:
I knew you were selling the ute but I didn't realise that you went for a VE, traitor . I'm actually thinking I may have a look at a MY03 WRX STi.
Lol, you don't wanna be noticed by the cops but you'll buy an sti? :p.
I still think you're better with my previous suggestion, if you don't want cop attention, put a front mounted cooler on, paint it black, and change the bonnet to a standard impreza one. The scoop's only there for induction for the top mount.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #45
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Lol, you don't wanna be noticed by the cops but you'll buy an sti? :p.
I still think you're better with my previous suggestion, if you don't want cop attention, put a front mounted cooler on, paint it black, and change the bonnet to a standard impreza one. The scoop's only there for induction for the top mount.
That's plan B. Along with boost controller, injectors and an ECU. :evil3:

As you may have noticed I am quite reluctant to give up straight line speed.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #46
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Oh well , cars come and go , mine will also be on the market around x-mass time. Will be buuying a 4wd and caravan to tour Australia. But when i do finaly settle down ( planning to settle in WA so far ) i will be out getting myself the latest v8 model xr falcon.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:57 PM   #47
soulfire
Kermit the Frog

XR347 what does your car run down the quarter?
Old 08-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #48
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Quote:
Crawls would be the word im looking for

Old 08-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #49
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
P.B of 13.86 with the old cats which were restrictive as all hell and the old dead plugs. That and I can't drive lol.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #50
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Quote:
P.B of 13.86 with the old cats which were restrictive as all hell and the old dead plugs. That and I can't drive lol.
Meh , you can drive alright , Just look at your youtube video

Old 08-11-2007, 10:05 PM   #51
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2PWR
Meh , you can drive alright , Just look at your youtube video
Let me rephrase, I can't launch.