Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-01-2015, 04:52 PM   #31
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Default Re: Falcon protest at Ford HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
I might be mis-reading a couple of posts so this may not need to be said, but I don't think XRtowcar is in any way connected to this 'protest'...in fact, I think he like the rest of us doesn't rate the idea.
Yeah, not a fan of the idea.
Just passing on the info I found on Facebook.
That's why it was in quotes " " and with a link.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:05 PM   #32
WPR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
Is the FGX even on sale yet??? If so, Ford marketing is nothing short of useless & they should be cut before FPR get's cut. I am being serious, is FGX on sale??

Also, I think is it very unrealistic to except private buyers to buy new cars every 2-3 years. I buy new cars, but only every 6-7 years. I currently have an FG (bought new) & would have replaced it with a new Falcon in a few years if one was around. I was planning on replacing it with Mustang, but now that Ford has cut V8 supercar sponsorship, I'll spend my money elsewhere. If Ford thinks V8 supercars don’t get sales for every single model in their line up, they are fools & will learn this the hard way.. Dropping V8's is the dumbest thing this current CEO has done.
Agree 100% Joe at the least Ford need to recommit to V8 Supercars I drive a GT because they are involved. V8 Supercars is the sport I follow if Ford are not involved I will have to look for a new car from the manufacturers that are.
WPR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 05:27 PM   #33
Focused

Quote:
Is the FGX even on sale yet??? If so, Ford marketing is nothing short of useless & they should be cut before FPR get's cut. I am being serious, is FGX on sale??

Also, I think is it very unrealistic to except private buyers to buy new cars every 2-3 years. I buy new cars, but only every 6-7 years. I currently have an FG (bought new) & would have replaced it with a new Falcon in a few years if one was around. I was planning on replacing it with Mustang, but now that Ford has cut V8 supercar sponsorship, I'll spend my money elsewhere. If Ford thinks V8 supercars don’t get sales for every single model in their line up, they are fools & will learn this the hard way.. Dropping V8's is the dumbest thing this current CEO has done.
Yeah because the current support of the V8s has helped Ford soooo much... And I might add that the announcement has only just been made so you can't argue that these sales were affected by the news.
http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...year-low-30635

Ford don't have Falcon TV ads for two reasons. Firstly, no one watches TV, and secondly, no one wants a Falcon. When will you guys realise this?
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2015, 05:28 PM   #34
WHYME
Next up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
If you want to stop the falcon from becoming extinct, buy one and keep it in the garage.. Keep it mint.

If this rally goes ahead, The ford headquarters representative will meet the mob outside and say to the mob "put your hand up if you bought a falcon in the last 2 years" none of them will.. The he will look around and there will be mostly e series falcons parked up.. He will then say get your scrap cars off my lawn.

Then in front of media he would release the hounds and send out a flock of greasy car salesman to sell a new falcon to the mob and see if they put their money where their mouth is.. (Full rrp $)

Then the mob will be rebutted and leave embarrassed, tail between legs..
Haha this post made my day and made me laugh, great post Hulk. It's so true, I bet half the people that attend would never buy a new Ford.

WHYME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2015, 05:29 PM   #35
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPR1 View Post
Agree 100% Joe at the least Ford need to recommit to V8 Supercars I drive a GT because they are involved. V8 Supercars is the sport I follow if Ford are not involved I will have to look for a new car from the manufacturers that are.
And it's great that you've bought a GT (congrats, it's a beautiful car), but sadly you are in the vast minority. Ford now realise this and hopefully you guys will realise it in the near future.

The world has changes. Like it or not, it's change.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #36
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

This whole protest is the craziest thing I have heard of.

Crickey I must live on another planet to these guys !
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 05:49 PM   #37
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post
Ford don't have Falcon TV ads for two reasons. Firstly, no one watches TV, and secondly, no one wants a Falcon. When will you guys realise this?
Re your first point - it is unusual then that they advertise the rest of their range and their offers and their brand on TV - everything but Falcon.

You guys on here should be congratulated for having more faith in and passion for the Falcon product than Ford management.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 06:02 PM   #38
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully6 View Post
It's so true, I bet half the people that attend would never buy a new Ford.
I'd expect that the only FGs there would be police cars.

If there's actually anyone who turns up, it'll look quite unfortunate for Ford. WIN news might send a camera and broadcast a few toothless hicks banging on the gates. Great way to show how much you love a brand...

Quote:
Re your first point - it is unusual then that they advertise the rest of their range and their offers and their brand on TV - everything but Falcon.
Fair point. I'd argue that the Falcon is one of the poorest selling models in Ford's range so it makes sense that it would receive a smaller portion of the advertising budget. Ford's market research has found that most Falcon buyers are older males and they're not watching TV. 20yo girls (Focus target market) watch Big Brother, MKR...etc, therefore are going to watch TV ads. Bruce, the 50yo small-medium business owner who owns an XR8 will not.
7 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2015, 06:29 PM   #39
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Stupid waste of time.... that ship sailed years ago.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 07:00 PM   #40
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
....Crickey I must live on another planet to these guys !
You do....

You live on earth - they live on Facebook!!!
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2015, 07:09 PM   #41
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I saw this posted on Facebook a couple of days ago, and as much as I love the Falcon, I would be embarrassed to show support to this protest.

Thing is, I have seen and heard plenty of ads for the FG X. Maybe if the organisers got of their facebooks and into the real world they would have noticed too.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #42
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
I think Callum is behind this... You know the 2014 Support the new facebook page kid? That Ford actually bother talking to?
Callum to the rescue, the Falcon is saved!!
Old 12-01-2015, 07:58 PM   #43
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I was planning on replacing it with Mustang, but now that Ford has cut V8 supercar sponsorship, I'll spend my money elsewhere. If Ford thinks V8 supercars don’t get sales for every single model in their line up, they are fools & will learn this the hard way.. Dropping V8's is the dumbest thing this current CEO has done.
So that V8 Supercar sponsorship money must be working wonders for Toyota, mazda and Hyundai.....oh, hang on......

This whole embarrassing saga reminds me of the facebook page after ford made the closure announcement "100k likes to save Ford Australia". Mensa must have been churning them out that day-how about 100k BUYERS of Falcon EVERY YEAR for EVER. There is NO going back.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 12-01-2015, 08:00 PM   #44
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope they put the fire hoses on them.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 08:04 PM   #45
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Yep get taken away in the back of a Toyota or Holden will show 'em!

be even funnier if it was a foreign made Ford replacing the Falcon/Territory!!
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #46
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope they post on YouTube so I can see and hear the type of people that believe this type of protest at this stage in Ford's restructure has merit.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #47
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
I hope they post on YouTube so I can see and hear the type of people that believe this type of protest at this stage in Ford's restructure has merit.
Ever watch Fat Pizza? Me neither as I finished school, but I saw a few minutes of it and I imagine it would be similar...
Old 12-01-2015, 08:55 PM   #48
Elements

Might have to organise a special trip to Broadmeadows on the 21st April. Not to be a part of this protest mob, but more to just see how proceedings go...

That's if it doesn't run out of puff beforehand...
Elements is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 09:01 PM   #49
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements View Post
Might have to organise a special trip to Broadmeadows on the 21st April. Not to be a part of this protest mob, but more to just see how proceedings go...

That's if it doesn't run out of puff beforehand...
Watch from across the road.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #50
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements View Post
Good move, we could sell tickets......................................

on Facebook
Old 12-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #51
Focused

I see that Callum has posted up a threat:
Quote:
A WARNING to all fans of not only this page and Ford Falcon, if Ford Australia chooses not to advertise the new already released Falcon and sales continue to slide in a disgusting manner.
I will PULL THE PIN on the page.
I cannot spend hours of my time trying to promote a car Ford themselves can't and watch it suffer.
Ford HQ must be piddling themselves with laughter. Considering how childish and amateur Callum's "promotion" is, he'd probably be doing Ford a favour by closing his page.
6 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2015, 09:23 PM   #52
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post
I see that Callum has posted up a threat:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FB page
A WARNING to all fans of not only this page and Ford Falcon, if Ford Australia chooses not to advertise the new already released Falcon and sales continue to slide in a disgusting manner.
I will PULL THE PIN on the page.
I cannot spend hours of my time trying to promote a car Ford themselves can't and watch it suffer.
Ford HQ must be piddling themselves with laughter. Considering how childish and amateur Callum's "promotion" is, he'd probably be doing Ford a favour by closing his page.
'ang about....Wasn't he saying before the release that sales will go through the roof when people read his site and see how good the new Falcon is ?
Old 12-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #53
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
'ang about....Wasn't he saying before the release that sales will go through the roof when people read his site and see how good the new Falcon is ?
No... Surely you're not implying that he was full of rubbish?

Ah well, we shouldn't be too unpleasant as I assume he was a well intentioned teenager.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:07 PM   #54
Bossxr8
Peter Car

This protest should have been organised within a week of the closure announcement. Why wait 18 months when all the planning for closure has been done.

Not sure if anyone thought this through
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2015, 10:10 PM   #55
08FGXR8
Starter Motor

I can appreciate the passion and enthusiasm but I can't see Ford doing anything. I've seen plenty of ads for the Territory but I'm just wondering if that's because the Territory name may live on.

I think instead of dwelling on this people should just enjoy the Falcon and appreciate the history that it's had. I think we were lucky that we got the FGX, yes it's not an all new model but I think it was better then just ending with the already 7 year old FG.

I've thought about this from Ford's perspective and I think they would be much more comfortable knowing they only have about 400-500 a month Falcon buyers to get into other models, take out the fleet sales which could be diverted into the Mondeo for example and then hopefully a few enthusiasts go for the Mustang.

On the other hand, Holden will lose about 3000 or so Commodore sales of which a significant amount are V8's, I can't see Commodore owners really embracing the the Opel Insignia for example.

Sorry for the long post, but like everyone here I am passionate about Falcons but I want to enjoy the time we've had with it and not dwell on something we can't change.
08FGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2015, 11:10 PM   #56
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When the parent company (no such thing as an Australian car company...it's GM and Ford USA when push comes to shove) sells more F series trucks in a couple of days than we sell Falcons in an entire year (an average of one every 40 seconds apparently), why do people still find it so hard to understand why the rug was pulled out from under it?
Couple that with Ford Australias mistake which many other car makers have done before...not seeing which way the market was heading and just keeping on plugging out cars that no one wants anymore...and it was inevitable.

It was a great car while it lasted...but times change.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2015, 11:26 PM   #57
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
If you want to stop the falcon from becoming extinct, buy one and keep it in the garage.. Keep it mint.

If this rally goes ahead, The ford headquarters representative will meet the mob outside and say to the mob "put your hand up if you bought a falcon in the last 2 years" none of them will.. The he will look around and there will be mostly e series falcons parked up.. He will then say get your scrap cars off my lawn.

Then in front of media he would release the hounds and send out a flock of greasy car salesman to sell a new falcon to the mob and see if they put their money where their mouth is.. (Full rrp $)

Then the mob will be rebutted and leave embarrassed, tail between legs..
Maybe us WA guys should go . Full retail for an XR8 is a bargain. 75K in WA

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 12:07 AM   #58
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

If they organise it with the police and give them the heads up, don't damage property and stay on public areas they can stand out there yelling and carrying signs legally pretty much.

Would be interesting to see in the news but its not really going to do anything.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 12:19 AM   #59
08FGXR8
Starter Motor

All the power to them but I just hope they keep it fairly calm and well behaved. The last thing we need is all of Australia seeing on the news a heap of Falcons outside the factory causing trouble, that would do wonders for the images of both Ford and the Falcon.
08FGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 12:58 AM   #60
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by comagutsa View Post
he sort of has a point ..if ford made a great value for money falcon people would have brought it (more tech, great drive etc ), they now make a great value for money falcon ..the XR8 and they cant keep up demand even if it still lacks any tech in it
err the VF outsells it 5:1, has all the tech everybody says they wish for, apparently is the better track car (when not racing at Philip Island) and it's also disappearing, only reason it's not going earlier is Holden got more money for longer.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post