Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #31
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

counting my days til i get to off my P's 56 Days to go (1.5Monthes) to go :thebirds: : : wahoo no more anooying Licence P Plate laws for me , and i've finally sorted my loss of licence thing 2 sweeet i so can't for til June 07, sorry for new p platers ther not ganna like but what can you do its ******* government :
Ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 09:51 PM   #32
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force6
I don't think they said anything about diesel..... It's more the tiny capacity (689cc) that qualifies them for exemption...

You can apply for exemption for low end turbos such as an Audi A4 with the 1.8L (?) turbo engine.

Which passenger restrictions are you talking about in NSW? If it's the no under-25 past eleven pm. rule, that hasnt come in yet....
yeah they said in it

'no turbocharged or supercharged engines (except diesel powered vehicles);'
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #33
Daniel351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Son of a Bitches!!!! : :

we bought the XY 2 1/2 years ago thinking i would be able to drive it on my p plates! but noooo!

Ive heard that if you have the car registered in your name before the laws come in your safe, for example: XYSEDAN buys his XA-XC now with the laws atm (125kw/tone) and gets it in his name before July 1st they can not do anything about it, as you have the car in your own name,

but no i cant do that cause i was born 1 month and 3 days to late :
Daniel351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #34
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What do they think they will accomplish with these laws? Honestly.

Let's save lives by making people drive smart cars and 660cc Daihatsu's?
That's really going to save alot of lifes isn't it? 25km would be a fatal colision in those things.

"no performance enhancing engine mods"

You can't put a better air filter on your stock 200 crossflow increasing the hp from 109 to a possible 110 but you can hop straight into a BF falcon 4L with 254hp.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #35
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel351
Son of a Bitches!!!! : :

we bought the XY 2 1/2 years ago thinking i would be able to drive it on my p plates! but noooo!

Ive heard that if you have the car registered in your name before the laws come in your safe, for example: XYSEDAN buys his XA-XC now with the laws atm (125kw/tone) and gets it in his name before July 1st they can not do anything about it, as you have the car in your own name,

but no i cant do that cause i was born 1 month and 3 days to late :
yes iv thought of that to, except the car im lookin at needs a lot of work done to it (in the body) so i cant register it....
spose i could bog it up, get it registered, then do the body afterwoulds....
hrmm loopholes, gotta love em
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 10:38 PM   #36
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDaaron
What do they think they will accomplish with these laws? Honestly.

Let's save lives by making people drive smart cars and 660cc Daihatsu's?
That's really going to save alot of lifes isn't it? 25km would be a fatal colision in those things.

"no performance enhancing engine mods"

You can't put a better air filter on your stock 200 crossflow increasing the hp from 109 to a possible 110 but you can hop straight into a BF falcon 4L with 254hp.
that sounds very similar to an email i sent to the government.
Old 19-04-2007, 10:39 PM   #37
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
If you own the car now and can proove it, then go to Vicroads and seek an exemption.
i think i will....
Old 19-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #38
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

the other problem is it's an XC (aka cop magnet)
how do i make it not a cop magnet? its gunna need body work so a full respray will be done, i was thinking something like not so nice.... cause i really dont wanna get pulled over all the time.
Old 20-04-2007, 12:17 AM   #39
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Wow.

I mean i thought it was ridiculous wheni was a P-plater, but this is just shockingly outragoeus. WTF, a standard falcon can run low 15s easy, pulls 200+kmh with ease and can be had for less than a grand. Does it get any more deadly than that?

There was another proposal limiting drivers to getting their licence at 21, and getting full icence at 25.
At this rate id give it a year or two before we start seeing those laws.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #40
MattyJ

So happy i've already got my P's right now!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 12:43 AM   #41
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Wow.

I mean i thought it was ridiculous wheni was a P-plater, but this is just shockingly outragoeus. WTF, a standard falcon can run low 15s easy, pulls 200+kmh with ease and can be had for less than a grand. Does it get any more deadly than that?
Tell me about it, all you have to do is look at the E-series 1/4 mile times... On friday night the 4.0s absolultly killed me at calder, best I could manage was a mid 17...

But, I'm a p-plater with a V8, so of course I'm ruining socity :yeees:

It doesn't matter what is being driven, it is just as easy to wrap a nice safe volvo around a pole as it is any other car. Its all about driver attitude, and driver education.

I'm quite glad that I have taken my car out to the AFF DECA day, and calder last week, as it gives me an oppertunity to push my car to its limits, and learn how it will react to being treated like that. Needless to say I have very little urge to do these things on the street, as I have learnt how easy it is to lose control, and have seen the result of what happens when people do.

At the end of the day, its in the hands of the respective government officals, of whom have no idea what goes on in reality and how it effects the people that will one day be casting their vote against them...

Thats enough venting... :P :

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 12:54 AM   #42
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
"probationary licence holder will not be able to drive a vehicle if it has an engine that has been modified to increase its performance"

So ANYTHING modification made to your engine will have Mr Plod costing you money.

No exhaust mods
No cold air intakes
No k+n filters

Basically the engine has to look and sound bog stock on your P's to the Po-leese
Thank Eff, You, Sea, Kay for THAT!

No more rat tailed retards in Louder than they are fast S h i tboxes...
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 09:38 AM   #43
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
There was another proposal limiting drivers to getting their licence at 21, and getting full icence at 25.
At this rate id give it a year or two before we start seeing those laws.
please no.....
i swear if this happens im going to make a protest.

don't these ******* know anything about freedom of choice?

also how the hell are me ment to learn if we cant drive certain types of cars!?
some cars are way to quick for P-platers, i am not denieing that, but what i don't understand is what the hell was wrong with the power to weight ratio?
Old 20-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #44
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

think of the positives, no more p platers in wrx' with massive cannons and 'fully sick' turbos trying to show of at the lights, wel i suppose thats a bad thing because its fun putting them to shame! Yeah there has already been a protest, i think it was in victoria, but may be wrong.. it could of been in nsw actually, they got heaps of ppl to stand out the front of the place where they decided it.
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post