Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 25-02-2005, 02:00 AM   #31
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hahaa, I recon spinners might look nice on a pimped out fairlane or such... I personally wouldnt waste my money on em though.
Old 25-02-2005, 09:03 AM   #32
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

haha we should all keep a crappy old spanner we never use and whenever one pulls up beside us...WHACK!! straight inbetween!..no more spinning..hehe

Yes they suck ****! Some people have to much money, or spend their money on stupid crap.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 25-02-2005, 10:12 AM   #33
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
I agree with this thread whole-heartedly!

But damn Neeek, have you considered writing for a magazine? You've got a real gnack at writing!
Don't inflate his ego any more than it is already!! :

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
Old 25-02-2005, 10:16 AM   #34
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Brilliant post Neeek....had me almost in tears (as I am sure you were).

I totally agree with you though, they are a stupid accessory that serves no purpose whatsoever. Luckily I have only seen them once....I think they were on a Honda S2000.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Old 25-02-2005, 10:35 AM   #35
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

I totally agree with this thread. Spinners should be used to remove breeding equipment from their owners.

From what I can gather, spinners fail roadworthy requirements in Vic for having a moving metal object exposed without a shroud/grille and warning label (the rule was intended for fans but these abominations would fall under the same classification).

Also, I believe a child has already been injured by looking too closely, Big John (CH7472) might be able to elaborate more on that one though....

Last edited by xdc351; 25-02-2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old 25-02-2005, 10:45 AM   #36
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbie
wait till a 2 year old child puts thier finger where it shouldn't be......in todays society, it'll take that type of accident before people realize the REAL danger of said "spinners"
On the other hand the spining disk could catch, trap and lacerate the cord, from a pair of cool dude cargo pants or one of those oh so street addidas jackets, and would solve two problems. :countdown :countdown :countdown
Old 25-02-2005, 11:13 AM   #37
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdc351
Spinners should be used to remove breeding equipment from their owners.
LMAO!!! Great thread, spinners sux0r..........
Old 25-02-2005, 11:34 AM   #38
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Must be murder on the wheel balance
Old 25-02-2005, 12:15 PM   #39
chelvdog
Soul baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbie
wait till a 2 year old child puts thier finger where it shouldn't be......in todays society, it'll take that type of accident before people realize the REAL danger of said "spinners"
Hmmmm, a devious idea sprang to mind! Go into a wheel store who have dicked you around in the past. Have a look at these spinner wheels set up in their nice display, decide which finger on your hand you use the least, spin that damn wheel & jam that finger in!!! Law suit city!!!

I can' t believe that these wheels were developed in America, where they sue eachother for just looking at you the wrong way.

The only thing worse than the real spinners are the spinner hubcaps, oh so ghey. py:
Old 26-02-2005, 11:47 AM   #40
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

the rimz keep spinnin and the bitchez keep grinnin :P
Old 26-02-2005, 11:56 AM   #41
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

I've seen spinners once a year or two ago on a 4wd BMW. Looked about 22" -real- chrome spinners. The thing looked a bit silly really.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:55 PM   #42
Marcus
Cat

Top thread im still laughing at every **** funny response. It wouldnt be the only time something so rediculously impractical has been designed and advertised. Im from the country, however dont hold that agianst me i still knew about spinners. When i was in the big smoke not long ago driving along one of melbournes busiest streets ( im buggered if i know what it was called but it was bloody busy), i pulled up at the traffic lights and was checking out the sites (was really perving on the ladies) when i was dangerously distracted by a commodore wearing these ****en spinners and in my country way (sticking it to em) punched the pedal to beat this ******** in a holden to the next set of lights. Turns out i beat him only smash into a car turning right from the other direction and the ****er in holden was still stantionary. Talk about your mind playing tricks on you. I totally agree the should be removed from the bloody shelfs they sell them from or im going to find out who founded the bloody things so i can stick a tyre iron up his/her clacker
Old 06-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #43
hambo_12

WOW! What a thread mine!! Dont think Ive seen one that good for a while! :

Old 06-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #44
BlackLS

Theres an AU stretch LTD around Sydney with 20" spinners on it.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:26 PM   #45
XRchic
Hello

Does anyone remember the ad for the "Enix Spinning Wheels"? UGH! I can think of a view cars that they would suit....

: Cobra :
Old 06-07-2006, 05:28 PM   #46
XW Boy
Being built not bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
I agree completely but you should see how bad they look on A VX clubby R8 that is owned by a guy that runs one of the major tyre and wheel places up my way .but then each to their own.......

Theres an old bloke around my way who has a BA ute, dark blue looks great but has spinners!!! he works at a tyre joint too, you think these people would know better :(

oh and on the hubcaps, a friend of a friend had them on a P.O.S vn commodore and the cops pulled him up twice and told him to take them off as they were illegal!! because when having to stop at a stop sign it is unclear wether the car is stopped or not. I dont know if its an actual law or that just cops hate spinners aswell.

ps - spinners are gay
Old 06-07-2006, 05:29 PM   #47
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

They are terrible looking things...!!!!.. : : :
Old 06-07-2006, 05:37 PM   #48
Richo72
Starter Motor

And just when you thought "Spinners" were bad enough....

Try "TireTags".....

Images appear to glow from the wheels of your car through a process known as “persistence of vision”. As the unit rotates, the LEDs transmit thousands of light pulses every millisecond which in turn produces whatever image the user has programmed the unit to display.

Spinners and Neons...OLD NEWS!!

http://www.tiretagz.com/product.php
Old 06-07-2006, 06:33 PM   #49
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I wonder if spinners + burnout = no rotation (for a little while)?
Old 06-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #50
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im going to have to go against all of you's n say, since im young, n love all that "bling bling" id love to have/see spinners, flame me if u must, but im against spinners on hubcaps as ive seen before, but spinners on rims?? how can u hate that, there expensive as all crap, n make your rims look real good, i guess its just the young "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON" (if u will) heart in me, but i love all that stuff.

end my rant...

(gets ready for major flamage)
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Old 06-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #51
micksta

i agree with grechie here, im the same.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:58 PM   #52
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambo_12
nice little rant there, but I agree with you.
Bloody dangerous as well. My mates who ride motor bikes take a lot of cues from what's happening in their peripheral vision..wheels spinning at an intersection for example equals potential side impact.

Steve
Old 06-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #53
XW Boy
Being built not bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grechie
im going to have to go against all of you's n say, since im young, n love all that "bling bling" id love to have/see spinners, flame me if u must, but im against spinners on hubcaps as ive seen before, but spinners on rims?? how can u hate that, there expensive as all crap, n make your rims look real good, i guess its just the young "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON" (if u will) heart in me, but i love all that stuff.

end my rant...

(gets ready for major flamage)

hahahahahaah u asked for it,

"there expensive as all crap, n make your rims look real good"

well well well, if they are expensive then they must be good, how stupid of us all :

Maybe you have read this thread wrong and you think spinners that we are talking about are just mags? not the actual spinning mags that we are really talking about? i think you must have somthing mixed up because were talking about mags that have a separate "spinner" metal disk that spins around on the actual wheel, maybe you have not seen these yet? or are confused? then its ok mate dont worry, you must be thinking of somthing different. Im sure u must be as these wheels would only make your car an absolute joke and do look shocking ;)
Old 06-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #54
nat_daly
Nat D

nothing goes past the 14inch chrome hubcap spinners those are amazing
old ride#1: ED XR6 5 speed-gone to new home:(
old ride#2:dumped EL fairmont 5l
new ride: Winter white AU2 XR8-manual
Old 06-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #55
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangq
Bloody dangerous as well. My mates who ride motor bikes take a lot of cues from what's happening in their peripheral vision..wheels spinning at an intersection for example equals potential side impact.

Steve
That happened to me a few weeks ago in the wet I was just entering a round a bout when a black BMW with spinners on it came up quick on my left and eventually stopped but the split second when I looked down at the BMW and seen the wheels still moving I dumped a load in my pants thinking the car was still coming at me at high speed before it sunk in it was these stoopid spinners
Ban them I say not only do they look like utter pigs vomit but they can be misleading on the road and may cause an accident to the elderly or a bike rider trying to take evasive action at nothing.
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Old 06-07-2006, 08:12 PM   #56
micksta

all u r saying is 'spinners' .. couple of u said u hate hubcap spinners ... but ur saying "spinners"

are you talking about the hubcaps or the spinner rims ... make up ur minds.

if ur talking about the spinner rims .. then yeah how can a set of 24/26" rims on a H2 hummer or escalade look bad.. i reckon huge chrome on a big car looks mad.

but spinners on any holden or ford look like crap.

now that i said that i bet u'll all start baggin hummers ... man u guys r never happy lol haha
Old 06-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #57
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So I take it people don't like the spinning hubcaps :

:
Old 06-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #58
micksta

lol it would appear so fiery.

for those of you that said there big n shiney n all that stuff.

do you's hate 18" - 19" chrome normal rims ? or do you's hate them too ? lol
Old 06-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #59
nat_daly
Nat D

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksta
all u r saying is 'spinners' .. couple of u said u hate hubcap spinners ... but ur saying "spinners"

are you talking about the hubcaps or the spinner rims ... make up ur minds.

if ur talking about the spinner rims .. then yeah how can a set of 24/26" rims on a H2 hummer or escalade look bad.. i reckon huge chrome on a big car looks mad.

but spinners on any holden or ford look like crap.

now that i said that i bet u'll all start baggin hummers ... man u guys r never happy lol haha
nothing wrong with big chromes on big suv's but big spinners on big suv's look fugly IMO
old ride#1: ED XR6 5 speed-gone to new home:(
old ride#2:dumped EL fairmont 5l
new ride: Winter white AU2 XR8-manual
Old 06-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #60
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I like seeing spinning hubcaps falling off a moving car.... lol

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Closed Thread