Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-02-2005, 08:45 PM   #31
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I'd love to. Still live with parents, see the gf all weekend most weekends (not that I'm complaining) but it's good to have some time to yourself and just do nothing.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2005, 09:05 PM   #32
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

From my experience,
Stay at home with parents as long as possible, it cheaper, and why as long as possible?
Because once you do move out and have your "own life" you can never return to your parents rules :P
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2005, 09:15 PM   #33
Chucky
Soooo Cute!â„¢

Location: TenderCity™ The Land of Long Hours & Number Crunching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Mate you'll be afar from living by yourself in a few months time....

Far from getting any sleep too!
Thanks for reminding me mate! Why do you think I'm getting into home brewing!
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2005, 10:41 PM   #34
oneredED
need more boost

I did the whole living by myself thing all last year. I'm only 19 (living away from home for the 4th year this year), and shit i got bored! Even though i did heaps every day, when you come home at night it's so fricken quiet, so on goes the CD player the TV and the computer all at the same time : I ended up going out to the pub with mates at least 3 nights a week and crashing at their places.

I like my space very much, but i'm giving in and moving into a 4 bedroom place in Richmond (melb) with a few good mates in a few days time. Should be interesting. I think we have 2 whole large fridges dedicated only to our alcohol supply. I can see it now....

:baby bott

then

:

Only downsides is there's no garage at the place i'm moving into, so I may have to leave the car elsewhere :( I'm not parking it on the street....
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #35
Brute33
Boss 350

While you are young , stay on your own as long as you can. Hookup with the odd woman who wants a shallow relationship based on sex.
If you happen to find a woman who you reckon you love and might marry , go and find the nearest wall . Start bashing your head on it . If you enjoy it , marriage is for you .
If and when you have kids , you will wonder why you never did it earlier.
Brute33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 12:02 AM   #36
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Was there ever any options?
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #37
Black Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute33
While you are young , stay on your own as long as you can. Hookup with the odd woman who wants a shallow relationship based on sex.
If you happen to find a woman who you reckon you love and might marry , go and find the nearest wall . Start bashing your head on it . If you enjoy it , marriage is for you .
If and when you have kids , you will wonder why you never did it earlier.

Man, seriously... where do you all find these oppressive women ?!?!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 06:17 PM   #38
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

I lived with my parents in Holland then moved to Adelaide to get to know my biological dad. Lived with him and his family for a year and then I rented a unit for 2 years. Lots of piece and quiet, but sometimes the loneliness killed me.
Have been living with my partner (now fiancee) for 2 years now and in another week our baby is due.
There have been some downfalls and bombshells in our relationship, but in the end we've stuck together and survived so far.
I wouldn't want it any other way and I can't wait till our son is born.
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 06:29 PM   #39
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus
I lived with my parents in Holland then moved to Adelaide to get to know my biological dad. Lived with him and his family for a year and then I rented a unit for 2 years. Lots of piece and quiet, but sometimes the loneliness killed me.
Have been living with my partner (now fiancee) for 2 years now and in another week our baby is due.
There have been some downfalls and bombshells in our relationship, but in the end we've stuck together and survived so far.
I wouldn't want it any other way and I can't wait till our son is born.
So how long have you lived in Australia now for Olympus?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 10:18 AM   #40
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
Looks like I might be living on my own again for a bit ..... well except for the kids :p My b/f is thinking of taking on a job in Darwin ............. Good on him I think ........

Love living on my own ...... with the kids ;)
So... does this mean you are breaking up and remaining friends or is it going to be a temp thing?

I broke up with my hubby at the end of 2001. Life and kids and money caught up with us and we became this bickering crappy mess. It wasn't a marriage for either of us, it was hell on earth.

So I spent 4 months on my own. The kids wanted to live with Dad, so off they went. I saw them every second weekend and missed them like crazy.

I do miss that time. I was only looking out for number 1. No responsibilities, had enough casual sex to fill most womens' lifetimes a few times over (the men who stuck around for more I called "F**kfriends"), drank too much, partied hard. It was BLOODY BRILLIANT. Money was the hardest bit though...

Then hubby and I started talking in 2002, dating again and then got back together... in our New Improved Version of our marriage. And it's mostly working fantastically I still want to be by myself at times but I've made my bed, so now I lie in it. And when you stop to smell the roses, life is sweet.

What I have found though is that what you have, you never want. Everyone is always lusting after someone else's lifestyle... people who are married with kids want freedom, people living alone want company and marriage and kids.

Quite amazing really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 11:51 AM   #41
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Im not telling anyone with the word axeman in their name if I live alone or not !!!!!!!!!!!
No offense axeman !!!!!!!!!!
XW 393 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post