Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #31
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Car transporters thrashing cars?

I've also recently moved base with a few mates.

One has a fully restored valiant ute. Alot of work on engine, driveline, body etc.

He got it back missing a mirror, pen over the white leather bench seat where it looks like someone was holding it whilst trying to work out the ratchet shift auto,snapped throttle cable, broken valiant badge on the bonnet and under the body where the panels meet on a few places where they are pressed together had been busted.

Toll is looking into it...
sexyxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #32
BLKWDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
well ceva does a condition report when the car is dropped off, and whoever drops it off has to review the report and sign off on it

perhaps the car was dropped off already damaged?
Thats not how i do it. We have to go over the car before loading and if any faults are found we have to report prior to loading. If there is a fault we sign to say it has been reported to cover our ****. Once its is dropped of the yardys go over the cars again and unless the is damage they have found i dont sign a thing.

Also how much work do you think you would get as a private car transporter with your own truck. Looking into it now with just a small rigid tilt tray for local transportation and small machinery.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xsessi...3215500?ref=mf
Cheers Daz.

Last edited by BLKWDW; 18-09-2011 at 01:12 PM.
BLKWDW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #33
Scott

I've sent a BA XR8 to Perth from Brisbane before.. I detailed it meticulously before it left and noted the kms/fuel at the gate of the transport depot. 15k's of driving, about 1/8th of a tank gone and looking like it had been doing circle work at a B&S or two along the way.

No idea if the new owner followed it through but I called the company to tell them what I thought of their service.... naturally they denied it and I was just some ranting bloody idiot.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #34
nitro50th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage
Steve nothing justifies someone giving willo's ute a flogging.
Absolutely agree 100%. Nobody should have to put up with your pride and joy being flogged by some stranger behind your back. It's a pretty low act.

Just throwing a different slant on the situation.

Steven.
05 BF XR6
10 FG XR50

Present:
81 XD Falcon 351.
nitro50th is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #35
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
well ceva does a condition report when the car is dropped off, and whoever drops it off has to review the report and sign off on it

perhaps the car was dropped off already damaged?
He got there in time to see it being removed from the trailer. The dents on the bonnet, matched up perfectly with scuff marks on the car in front. The little flecks of blue paint on the chrome grille also gave it away.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 05:19 PM   #36
el_wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo

What we do to our company ute, its a 4 cyl petrol ute and last fillup it used 30L/100km.
Surely someone is stealing petrol
el_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #37
Brute 33
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About 20 years ago a friend put his mulberry XB GT coupe into a panel shop for repairs that would take approx 3 weeks ....well the 1st weekend at the panelshop he was driving along a freeway with a friend and spotted his pride and joy cruising in the opposite direction.....so next thing you know they crossed over and followed his car at a distance till they came up behind it stopped at a set of lights .....his mate a ,a big unit ,got out of the car and went up to the driver and dragged him out of the coupe and took off with the owner in tow......now this was on a saturday afternoon so come monday morning friend gets a phone call to say that his coupe had been stolen from their premises.......to which he had asked how could this have happened ?

Now to cut a long story short,he made them sweat on what had happened for a while before telling them where the car was and the panel shop did pay another panel shop for the repairs to be done and the apprentice was sacked for improper use/theft of the customers vehicle.
Brute 33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #38
coupecouple04

Off topic but in Vic from what I have heard if they get caught hooning in your car the car can be confiscated .
coupecouple04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #39
FalconForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro50th
While i think that what has happened here is totally wrong and in the same situation i would be just as pi**ed off, can i offer a different perspective.

How many of us here has given 'our' cars one last send off before we drop them off at the dealer before trade in time. I think alot of us are guilty of this. Technically they are not our cars anymore but the next owner's.

Again how many of us have gone on holidays and grabbed a rental car. It's pretty common knowledge that rentals go harder than anything else on the road. (just check youtube for confirmation). Again these cars are technically not our cars.

Am i comparing apples with oranges here!! Or just missing the point.

Again i completely sympathise with XCwillo, i'm just trying to see things a bit differently. (although when it has resulted in engine damage, then thats really crossing the line)

OK, let the arguments begin, please be gentle on me.

Steven.
this is a very good point, but XCwillo has payed a company to be responsible for his vehicle and before you drop a car off at the dealership its still your car and when you pay a rental company you take all responsibility for the vehicle. IMO the car carrier should too

What's scarier than the thunder? The Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Doesn't matter anyway whatever they do its wrong according to people on here.
FalconForce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #40
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by red80
A mate of mine had his typhoon serviced at a Ford dealer only to get a phone call saying it had been involved in an "incident" meaning the apprentice had taken it for a flogging and stacked it.
One of the mechanics at the dealership I was working at totalled a customers new $75K S2000 when he was an apprentice.

That customer got a new car and with lifetime free servicing.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #41
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

next time i would advise you to use another company and take out insurance.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #42
Parkway
I Like Turtles

Mate, I can't imagine how you're feeling right now.

I got all mad and frustrated when I got my ute back from being lowered and found a delightful Christmas present on the roof of my car where they had scratched the paint....somehow.

From this story I'm sure other people (and me) will take more precautions when dealing with freighters in the future. It just goes to show you can't trust anybody.
Parkway is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #43
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I just had my Delica shipped from Woolongong to Adelaide for a good price ($450), in good time and unscathed, but then, it is a TD 4WD van not a performance car so I guess there's no incentive to give it a flogging.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #44
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

would you leave your missus with some strange unknown shady handlebar moustached truckdriver, a truckyard full of banjo playing hicks and not expect it to come back ****..????
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #45
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Yeah, I wouldn't have left my pride and joy with anyone, unless it's someone I know and trust....

Even then, I make sure I know how the car is running, how many KM's on the odo, how many L's of fuel in the tank and how much tread the rear wheel's have on them...
Old 18-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #46
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrghiawagon
Yeah, I wouldn't have left my pride and joy with anyone, unless it's someone I know and trust....

Even then, I make sure I know how the car is running, how many KM's on the odo, how many L's of fuel in the tank and how much tread the rear wheel's have on them...
plenty of pictures.. handy as if it comes to disputing damage caused..
Old 18-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #47
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
One of the mechanics at the dealership I was working at totalled a customers new $75K S2000 when he was an apprentice.

That customer got a new car and with lifetime free servicing.
And what hapened to the apprentice ?.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #48
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would your standard full comprehensive car insurance cover this kind of thing? I only just wondered about that...I mean, you weren't driving it, it was damaged out of your sight. Would it be a case similar to coming back to your parked car and finding it dinged, or would they pursue the car transport company?
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #49
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Damo somehow picked up another apprenticeship elsewhere...
Old 18-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #50
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
He's still there, he didn't get along with me and was causing me some ****, main reason I left. He was involved in a few other incidents over the years too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
Damo somehow picked up another apprenticeship elsewhere...
Old 18-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #51
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

It's a wonder he's still there then, makes you ask the question, who does he know ?.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #52
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
It's a wonder he's still there then, makes you ask the question, who does he know ?.
He'd been there for 11 years when I left, so he'd been there for a while over these incidents.

I think he was ok because the dealership was doing something they werent supposed to be doing regarding apprentices at the time.
Old 18-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #53
EATHSV
Oo---oO

Just terrible to hear. Feel for you mate. Hope it works out well for you.

Successful transactions with the following members:
Ride, Raised by Monkeys, TICK4D-TAS, Falcman007, 2002AU, JC.
EATHSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #54
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
plenty of pictures.. handy as if it comes to disputing damage caused..

Good advise if having a car transported.

If the OP hasn't got this sort of proof, I seriously doubt he'll have a leg to stand on. Yep, it sucks, but companies would get people trying to scam them all the time for damage, excess Kays etc etc. (Not insinuating the Op is doing this either)

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #55
spebgtsprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XCWILLO, you' have been hard done by full stop. If I was you I would further pursue the matter, don't let the plonkers fob you off.

As a side note, when I won the Unique Cars FREEHO last year, a big dilemma was getting it transported from Melbourne to Perth "in one piece". As we all know the cars get dropped off to a yard in Melbourne onto a truck, then the truckie offloads the car in Adelaide onto a train (usually) then the Train/Truck attendant the Perth side moves it again..... To put it bluntly we didn't want to trust just anyone.

In the end we paid Alan's Unique Car carriers literally twice as much as what was quoted by Toll/Ceva.But it was worth every last penny. "Peace of mind."

Actually when the car arrived at my house it was sandwiched inbetween a Maserati and a Ferrari, being delivered to the luxurious car dealer Barbagallo's!! FREEHO couldn't complain about the company it was with for the trip across.

XR8 SPRINT
FREE HO
MERC C55 AMG
AUDI A4
spebgtsprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #56
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

another reason to get one of these:

http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/index...&product_id=83

A lot of jerks out there.
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #57
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKWDW
Thats not how i do it. We have to go over the car before loading and if any faults are found we have to report prior to loading. If there is a fault we sign to say it has been reported to cover our ****. Once its is dropped of the yardys go over the cars again and unless the is damage they have found i dont sign a thing.
from the CEVA website: Is it a requirement for someone to be present at the pick up and delivery of the car?

Yes, a vehicle survey report will need to be signed and the keys handed over to our driver

well i bought my car without viewing it, and when it arrived i have pointed out a couple scratches but wasnt sure if they were already there.

the bloke happened to have a handheld device with all the exterior faults on the screen and i had to sign that i had accepted the report

im left wondering can this digital report be altered mid transport to remove any liability from a CEVA incase of accidental damage?
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #58
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Know of a story in WA when an apprentice was test driving a brand new VL Calais turbo (showing my age) from a Holden dealer. Was on a back road, got pinged at 127 in a 60 zone on radar, cop stood out on the road to stop him, he panicked, hit the anchors went off the road into a ditch, flew out of the ditch through a fence and into some old ladys wooden house, fortunately only taking out the verandah.

He walked back to the dealer, got his tow truck, hooked it up and took it back to the shop. Loved to have been a fly on the wall there.

Another story, I had my XC in the panel shop for some rust repairs, had just had the 9 inch rebuilt that week and a new tail shaft. When I was driving it home from the panel shop it was making all sorts of noise. Took it back to the diff shop, "Mate that's not our diff work, someone's swapped over some parts" guess who? Could I prove it, no way? Mothers.
Old 19-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #59
THE CADBURY KID

Some years ago my missus went to pick up her corolla from beaurepaires in kewdale wa where they were fitting new tyres and saw them with the handbrake on doing skids and their reply was we were bedding the tyres in
If it had have been now i would have the guys throat and be in big trouble.
I dont even send a 100 car part through aus post without 3 times the value of the item in insurance.
It sucks but i bet it doesnt happen to you again.
Dont trust anyone but your mum,if shes not around dont trust anbody full stop then its only you to blame.
Its hard to get angry at yourself
THE CADBURY KID is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #60
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee

Another story, I had my XC in the panel shop for some rust repairs, had just had the 9 inch rebuilt that week and a new tail shaft. When I was driving it home from the panel shop it was making all sorts of noise. Took it back to the diff shop, "Mate that's not our diff work, someone's swapped over some parts" guess who? Could I prove it, no way? Mothers.
five litres of petrol and some matches would have fixed that panel shop.....