Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #31
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

Default Re: Newell Hwy back up tp 110kmh

Good move, But it cost half a million to change from 110 down to 100
Bet it will be the same to change it back
Money would have been better spent improving the road. Between Coona & Narrabri overtaking lanes are desperately needed
redxm is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #32
BAXR8_Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
And this is from someone who owns an XR8 ute with a 6 speed but is not allowed to drive more than 100kmh!!
Wow that got some angry responses!! Mate, I love driving a V8, but I dont get any more enjoyment driving at 100 vs 110. The difference is negligable. Most of the people travelling along the Newell are trucks which are limited to 100 (or supposed to be), holidayers and locals. Yes if you travel the entire length at 10ks under the limit it will take probably an hour longer from Melbourne to QLD but for locals who use it between towns like Dubbo, Parkes, Gilgandra etc, the difference is a few minutes. I know, I live here.

I'm not whingeing that its gone back to 110, I just find it amusing that people make a big song and dance about 10ks on a highway.
Old 25-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #33
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotto
Wow that got some angry responses!! Mate, I love driving a V8, but I dont get any more enjoyment driving at 100 vs 110. The difference is negligable. Most of the people travelling along the Newell are trucks which are limited to 100 (or supposed to be), holidayers and locals. Yes if you travel the entire length at 10ks under the limit it will take probably an hour longer from Melbourne to QLD but for locals who use it between towns like Dubbo, Parkes, Gilgandra etc, the difference is a few minutes. I know, I live here.

I'm not whingeing that its gone back to 110, I just find it amusing that people make a big song and dance about 10ks on a highway.
I think its a good thing (they have raised the limit) In my daily drive all the limits I see are being revised down (100k's now 90 or even 80) Its good to hear that a limit has been increased by 10k's - It may only be 10ks, but its a start hopefully we can see more limits increased where possible.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #34
BAXR8_Ute

True, it is a start. I would like to see Bells Line through the mountains back up to 100. That was a 20k drop to 80 and that makes a big difference.
Old 25-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #35
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Some areas along Bells should be less than 100 ... and others should be brought up to 100 again.

Used to drive through there constantly in bad weather ... it's one of those roads though that needs respect.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #36
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Damn, we only came down there a couple of weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #37
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXR8_Ute
I know, I live here.
And I know, as I drive there 5-6 days a week.

But as I mentioned in a previous post....
"It wasn't so much the 100 limit (in a Truck we are limited to about that anyway,) it was that tourists sat on what they thought was 100.
But with their speedo error it was usually only 95-98. This made life very difficult when trying to overtake."
Old 25-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #38
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

back to 110 huh? i never new they dropped it which tells me how long since i used it.

highway speeds are interesting, we used to do Darwin to Alice (NT) in about 11 hours (you do the maths) and never got killed or killed anyone, but i reckon plenty have been killed doing 80 in a 100 zone.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post