Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-03-2006, 11:04 PM   #31
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuGoStaR
I am staying out of this one, as a 'Western Oriental Gentleman' maybe I'll get blamed for something next.
Not if you haven't done anything wrong. Hope no ones comments have offended you at all, mate. I think everyone here has just gone to point out a small detail and it's kind of the whole "you can't say that" thing going on. I understand what Laminge was trying to say, but I don't think anyone was going "they're idiots because they're from another part of the globe".

I've had a few very nasty comments made by some drivers from a range of races. Quite often those comments have been related to a topic that's had me thinking "hang on, that's because I'm australian" or "it's because I shave my head" or something along those lines. I'm not the most intimidating looking person getting around, so some people tend to get a bit nasty. It's only when I fire back that they either step up or shut up.

But at the same time, I've got a couple of 'Western Oriental Gentlemen' (and ladies) aswell as a few other races. I never once stated in my posts here that I'm generalising an entire race.

So my point is, YugoStar, and anyone else, I apologise if certain comments here have offended, but I don't think that was anyone's intent.

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #32
YuGoStaR
Long Member

Don't take it to serious Woz, I meant it in a light hearted way.

But I have to agree there are some tools out there, and they come from everywhere. Maybe we should make a RoadRageAnonymous group ?

Hi...my name is James and I have problems with Road Rage.
Hi James.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:15 PM   #33
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

I don't have problems with Road Rage though, James. I have problems with people. Road Rage is a result of that. :nutsycuck

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:17 PM   #34
YuGoStaR
Long Member

Hehehe. Now the excuses flow.

But my name isn't James, that was purely as an example.
My name is Dragan.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #35
max^power
Formerly au^ute

my mates carry a metal baseball bat in their cars. i dont think any have used them yet. another guy i know made a look alike sawn off shot gun!! at least thats what he said it was :P
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #36
FordFan86
meow

My name IS James.
I'm an alcoholic.
Hi Dragan.
WAIT
You're telling me this isn't the weight watchers rooms?
oookaaay.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:42 PM   #37
nobbystang

I had a chick pull into the left lane from 3-4 cars back and try and push in front of me once. traffic was moving, but left lane was empty so thought she could get a few spots up. I noticed this and made no room for her, well, didn't I cop it. I got abuse hurled at me through the window then the f***tard behind me let her in and she continued by honking and flashing her lights for the 20 metres until she turned off. Am spewing I didn't notice her turn and stop and get out and ask her politely what her problem was. Nothing funnier than remaining calm and watching people get frustrated by it, although if she came at me there is no way i'd hit a chick so probably safer for me to have kept driving with my pregnant wife.

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:01 AM   #38
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Best thing to do would have to come to a complete stop and block her in the left lane.

I see many idiots on the roads and have to deal with them everyday of the week ... I am lucky I am calm person and don't let others get to me ... I do enjoy annoying them a bit ... but that's as far as I go ... no name calling ... might give the odd glare (with dark sunnies on) ... but that's it.

I don't have time to deal with morons on the road.

Once had an idiot decide to follow me to work ... and tailgate me into the carpark. Little did he realise that he needed to swipe in before swiping out ... he didn't get a ticket .... he came down to abuse me ... while other colleaugues were in the carpark. Told him the whole place in under surviellance and pointed to the nearest cameras. He got the ИИИИs and trying flying out of the car park ... only to realise he was locked down on our level.

Security noticed the commotion and came down and started questioning him ... he started arcing up about it ... I spoke with one of the security guards and told the story about it ... he said I was fine ... and the cops were on their way. He heard this and started swinging to get out of there ... Security jumped him and held him till the cops got there.

He car was taken out of the carpark ... he was arrested ..... his car was towed (unregistered apparently as well). I had to give a report to the Police about it. I heard from the Security guard later that the guy was off his head on something.

That's the closest I came to something like that.

Except for a fool in a truck that decided he'd chuck his drink at me (threatened me at first) ... I took off early just before light goes green ... motorcycle cop goes to chase me for jumping the light ... and cops a face full of milkshake from the guy in the passenger seat of the truck (truck was in middle lane ... I was in left lane).

Lets just say the cop wasn't interested in me anymore ... truck was forced to turn down side street ... that was the last I saw of them.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #39
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

I love the instances where you cop abuse for doing nothing. Sometimes it's understandable like the drunk indigenous autralian near the cafe I was having a drink at last night. He spent the good part of half an hour walking up to everyone nearby and abusing them and wanting to fight them. When one guy was asked what he had said, (there were profaniites as well but forget them all), the guy said "I didn't say anything" and all of a sudden was the drunk guy's best mate. More than just alcohol there me thinks.

Then there's the out of the blue abuse. Driving home on the freeway, and EF/EL in front of me doing about 100 in the 110 area. Noone else on the freeway so I indicated into the passing lane, passed him and pulled back in about 50-100 metres ahead. Then I get a frenzy of light flashing on high beam???? I didn't recognise the car, but was tempted slow down and ask what I had done that made him get upset (I didn't actually see the sex or ethnicity of the driver.)
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:55 PM   #40
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a nut job abuse me at the lights for god knows what once. I had absolutely no idea what his problem was. I just looked forward and ignored him. We both turned right, I was in the outside lane on a 3 lane road then he started moving his car into my lane to attempt to run me off the road. I braked hard and went around him and floored it going past my street and turning up the next one. I lost him good :P

I was glad I put the 351 in the XF a few weeks prior.

Another time I was driving the XF and some dude cut me off at the last second to get in the front row at the lights. This ИИИИs me. He takes off slow and I spot a parked car in our lane. I move right next to him and block him in as I pass the car, he had to stop in peak hour and wait for about 2 minutes for a gap in traffic. It was the funniest thing ever. About 10 minutes later he drove passed abusing the crap out of me with his window up. He was getting spit all over it. It was gross! I just smiled then drove away
Old 09-03-2006, 01:24 PM   #41
aualright

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADXF
Its a bit hard to ignore when it seems that most incidents of this type lately have involved a stereotype.

A bit like the stereotype that 'guys driving VN's or VL's are idiots on the road', but again its hard not to make that stereotype cause its all too common. (for me anyway) Almost every set of headlights that are right up my ИИИИ on the road happen to belong to a VN or VL.
It depends where you live. If you live in an area where there are alot of arabs then you'll get more idiot arabs on the road. Just as where I live where its pure white bread and plenty of idiot white breads on the road - in their crappy commodores to boot..!!

aualright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #42
XRated
Shoot.

Dan that reminds me of a guy who was swerving in and out of traffic like a tool. We came to a set of lights - he was in the left lane in his N15 (?) Pulsar and I was in my stocko Falcon in the middle lane. We both floored it to the speed limit and he ended up getting stuck behind a parked car in his lane LOL.

Anyway he came flying past later swearing his head off at me, I just shrugged and went on my way. Male of X ethnicity :P

What I don't understand is the idiots who are in the left merging lane, and make it a point to floor it past you - take your lane, and then sit under the frigging speed limit. One of my pet hates.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:38 PM   #43
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

silly rabbit
42.57lb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:40 PM   #44
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Falcon Coupe

I would have apologised and offered to wash you car, house and mow your lawns for a month if you ever pulled up beside me and asked the same question with the same exertion

The rest of you

Keep race and stupidity out of the discussion please, this is a public and family forum
Laminge since Falcon Coupe was in his diesel powered super ute i reckon i would of given him a Benny Hill slap and still would of had time to get away.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #45
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Laminge since Falcon Coupe was in his diesel powered super ute i reckon i would of given him a Benny Hill slap and still would of had time to get away.
You'd wanna be quick, the intercooled diesel 60 foots quicker than 2v's :
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #46
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
You'd wanna be quick, the intercooled diesel 60 foots quicker than 2v's :
You mean like the ol 4V set up you had.Did you forget Calder that night.Now get over to the clevo section. ing_sm
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:14 PM   #47
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been trying to remember some examples. Male road ragers I worry about because you don't know whether you've met some homicidal fruitcake - I just go the other direction. Female ones (the power-suited executive types) are just funny.

Once I was driving up a narrow city lane and there was a truck with a few cars behind it coming the other way. At a narrow bit the truckie stopped and signaled me to come past. I was just doing this when one of cars behind the truck suddenly roared out straight at me and stopped right in front of me. Inside was an angry woman, purple in the face, screaming things I couldn't hear. I was totally puzzled of course so I just waited there putting my hands up in a question mark gesture. She went redder and redder and I thought she was going to have apoplexy. So after a few minutes I slowly reversed and let her pass, again querying what the problem was. She just let out a torrent of abuse and roared off. She must have been hurrying to some meeting but she sure lost of lot of time waiting there instead of letting me pass the truck (the truckie was sitting there having a good laugh).

I once saw another female power suit driving an A class Mercedes. She charged into a roundabout without giving way and started to yell abuse at the poor driver who got in her way. I thought she just looked so ridiculous all purple in the face in that ridiculous looking car (you know, the one shaped like a toilet brush holder). If only people could see themselves on a video afterwards they would think twice about road rage.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #48
nobbystang

I remember once driving hom late at night on highway a valiant wagon trying to pass a truck on this over taking lane. At merge section he was only level with back wheels so truckie naturally indicated and pulled in just before running out of road. The guy in the Valiant flashed hi beams and made lots of noise swerving behind this truck. luckily this happened near double lines before a few bends so truck stopped with valiant behind and got out and abused this guy. I just sat there as an amused 18 year old on his first year of p's enjoying the show. was the term road rage even used back in '95

Previous:
VH Commodore
Old 09-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #49
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About 2 weeks ago i had to have a day off from arvo shift totake the missus to a job interview. On my way home a fella on his GSXR1100 thought it would be best to come screaming up between myself in my Shuttle and the car dead next to me. We would of only been a meter apart and this thing screaming damn scared the poop out of me. So when i got near him which was near impossible in the Shuttle, i yelled out to him in one of my nicest "your a ****er mate" voices to which he just pulled down a side street. Next set of lights i was out he pulls up right next to me one lane away and just sits there staring. When i questioned him with my arms he gassed it off, popped a wheelie and nearly sat the front back down crossed up and collected the car next to him. Nearly. Then 5 mins later heading up the hill at marion on the expressway the Shuttle had a bit of trouble getting up there due to an engine in the back. Some fella comes roaring up my ИИИИ beeps his horn pulls out and dissappears. Up the top i gassed it and got next to him and then thought, just let it go. He then pulls dead in front and hits the brakes, to which i had to do the same nearly copping an engine in the head. When i floored it next to him he would not make eye contact and then sped off. This dude would have been in his 50's, ozzy decent in a new white magna. Probably told his wife about the arrogant young ***** in his ИИИИ box van when he got home. If he made it?!

My thoughts on road rage is if people think they own the road, and the right to abuse you, then hey you abuse them right back!!
Old 12-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #50
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

only ИИИИ i tend to get is when giving people hi beams when they sit in the right hand lane on a highway and sit right on 100 or under, it ИИИИing ИИИИs me and its quite clear in the rules book that any duel carrageway over 80kmh UNLESS OVER taking stay to the left, but they slow down to 60 sometimes or brake hard, i dont mind i have excelent brakes and 130W highbeams, i know inciteing it is bad but ИИИИ me its a pet hate.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #51
Ford_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat_stak_tipa
WESTERN ORIENTAL GENTLEMEN says it all really
You are an idiot, fool.
Ford_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:29 PM   #52
Ford_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADXF
Its a bit hard to ignore when it seems that most incidents of this type lately have involved a stereotype.

A bit like the stereotype that 'guys driving VN's or VL's are idiots on the road', but again its hard not to make that stereotype cause its all too common. (for me anyway) Almost every set of headlights that are right up my ИИИИ on the road happen to belong to a VN or VL.
Why does it only happen to you?? Doesn;t happen to me, your just a racist pig mate.
Ford_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:18 PM   #53
stock au
Need go fast bit's

i rekon if you start road rage and then get the ИИИИ kicked out of yourself, it's your own fault
stock au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:29 PM   #54
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
only ИИИИ i tend to get is when giving people hi beams when they sit in the right hand lane on a highway and sit right on 100 or under, it ИИИИing ИИИИs me and its quite clear in the rules book that any duel carrageway over 80kmh UNLESS OVER taking stay to the left, but they slow down to 60 sometimes or brake hard, i dont mind i have excelent brakes and 130W highbeams, i know inciteing it is bad but ИИИИ me its a pet hate.
I have to agree.....gives me the sh1ts as well, It just goes to show that these drivers are comlpetly unaware of other motorists around them...

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #55
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF, What else?
Im starting to get sick of the stereotypes on this forum! Ive got ******** aussie mates who are just as bad as any ethnic on the road
Ity isn't just this forum mate it's alot of places at the moment, as has been said people are idiots becasue they are idiots, not because they are black, white , yellow or blue.

I wonder how tolerant alot of people would be if we all started bagging the aboriginals on the forum, which in the area of Australia i live is a much bigger problem than the Ethnic groups.

Some people really need to grow up!
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #56
nobbystang

were shockers for doing this on freeway in perth while i was living there. half the time it was a female with her friends in car more ingrossed in her phone conversation. even passed a chick one day reading junk mail, nothing would have saved her if anything had happened, she was concentrating so much on it, got me how she never ran off the road!!

Previous:
VH Commodore
Old 13-03-2006, 08:17 AM   #57
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
This p..s me off too even when the road's under 80k. It's a matter of simple courtesy keeping to the left. Also shows that the person driving has no idea what's going on around them - a worry if something happens and they have to react quickly. Camry drivers seem to be the worst (and they reckon you can't judge what a person's like by the car they drive!). Put these people on an autobahn in Germany and they'll see what happens to them quick smart - you ain't seen nothing with road rage here by comparison!
Old 13-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #58
mark180227
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i can understan your point, but in all honesty if the speed limit is 100, legally thats what cars should be doing maximum. nothing ИИИИes me off more when u overtake a slower car in the left lane, and then some dickead flying in the right lane flys up behind u and abuses u because ur apparently blocking the lane...
mark180227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 01:37 PM   #59
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark180227
i can understan your point, but in all honesty if the speed limit is 100, legally thats what cars should be doing maximum. nothing ИИИИes me off more when u overtake a slower car in the left lane, and then some dickead flying in the right lane flys up behind u and abuses u because ur apparently blocking the lane...

Shouldnt you be checking to make sure nothing is coming before changing lanes?

If you were overtaking then how is it possible that your blocking the lane? If you had overtaken like your said you were then you would be out of the right lane wouldnt you?

I cant stand people that sit on the limit in the right hand lane, if your not genuinely overtaking then stay out of it!
Old 13-03-2006, 03:22 PM   #60
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark180227
i can understan your point, but in all honesty if the speed limit is 100, legally thats what cars should be doing maximum.

So? This statement in no way means you do so in the right lane. If your doing 257km/h AND the left lane is clear, you will still be booked for not keeping left.

nothing ИИИИes me off more when u overtake a slower car in the left lane, and then some dickead flying in the right lane flys up behind u and abuses u because ur apparently blocking the lane...
If someone is overtaking a car on a freeway with three or more lanes TO THE LEFT, then that is prima facie evidence of a driver not keeping left in the first place.

You *should* be in a position of knowing what traffic is approaching your rear on a motorway at all times and be out of the way by the time it arrives, generally.

THEN you DON'T pull into the right lane whilst another car is rapidly approaching you to overtake, here then slower traffic *must* stay left, - to let the faster lady through. How its done in Germany where the populace is experienced with speed and 'accept' it.

Little wonder then why authority resists any move to increase AUS speed limits, appalling behaviour and NFI.

Read page 93 of this link:

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...uh_english.pdf
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote