Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #31
killer_taxi

Working for a Ford dealership helps. That's how I got my great price. :-D
killer_taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2009, 11:46 PM   #32
Zetec82
Starter Motor

Well, killer taxi where is my bloody car then??? ha ha ha
Zetec82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2009, 11:48 PM   #33
longjohn1987
Starter Motor

yes that would help, thanks for all the input. i guess we all just want the best deal. I will (when it arrives...) end up paying 24500 when my 5dr arrives. oh well, I just want it to hurry up already!
longjohn1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2009, 11:48 PM   #34
killer_taxi

lol.
Old 24-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #35
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_taxi
Working for a Ford dealership helps. That's how I got my great price. :-D
I dont kno if the new Fiesta Zetec's start at a higher price than the previous model, but i got my car for $19 500 fully optioned, driveaway. So these new fiesta's seem a great deal more expensive for what they are.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #36
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

The new Fiesta offers a lot more than the old one.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #37
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
The new Fiesta offers a lot more than the old one.
Obviously as all new model cars should, but they are still far too expensive for what they are. Some people in here are paying 25000 for a Zetec, and i dont care what gadgets its got thats a lot of money for bluetooth, and voice recognition.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Old 24-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #38
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben85
Obviously as all new model cars should, but they are still far too expensive for what they are. Some people in here are paying 25000 for a Zetec, and i dont care what gadgets its got thats a lot of money for bluetooth, and voice recognition.
Those are indeed gadgets and really a small part of what the WS Zetec offers.

It commands a slight price over the competitors because of the safety package mainly (and then you also have cruise and interior and exterior enhancements)

Looking at price by itself is always dangerous.

You need to compare to the other brands and what they offer in the same market.

Versus the Mazda2 which is it's direct and closest competitor it offers more, much more in Zetec format.
Old 24-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #39
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Look at what you get for $25000 Fiesta vs Focus? Is that very slight increase in size worth it?
msnealo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #40
killer_taxi

Quote:
Adding on to what Candyman said, the WS Zetec should be compared to models such as the Mazda 2 Genki. Also, the WS Zetec has really replaced the last models Ghia. Its now CL, LX, Zetec, from the old models LX, Zetec, Ghia.
Old 25-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #41
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_taxi
Adding on to what Candyman said, the WS Zetec should be compared to models such as the Mazda 2 Genki. Also, the WS Zetec has really replaced the last models Ghia. Its now CL, LX, Zetec, from the old models LX, Zetec, Ghia.
I'll just agree to disagree.

Old 25-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #42
oldsoftboss

One further question... How much cheaper would you expect a demo model to be? We were quoted $24,000 on the road, and took a Zetec demo for a drive. Fantastic. Just wondering if it would be worth waiting and making an offer on a demo model. I dont want to sound too interested, or I'll bet there wont be much discount at all :-)
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2009, 03:28 AM   #43
killer_taxi

When a WS Fiesta has been on as a demo for 90 days plus, an additional holdback of $1500 (or maybe it was $1000) is provided from Ford to the dealership on that car when its sold. 90 days is a long time. I don't think you'll find one that has been on as a demo for that long. So technically a demo wouldn't be cheaper for a dealership to sell. However, I still believe a demo should be sold cheaper.

Last edited by ; 26-04-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old 26-04-2009, 05:16 AM   #44
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The demo Zetec 5dr from our local Ford run out of days last week and sold straight away (dark blue). It's got stickers all over it now and it's a company car
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #45
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some of these prices are amazing? I'm in QLD (Brisbane area), and the best I can wrangle is $23990 D/A??? This is for a Silver 3-Door Zetec Hatch with NO options??? I have been to so many dealers, and they all just say we can't go lower? I was starting to believe them, as they all pretty much tell me 'Take it or leave it, that's the price.'

Some of you have had more luck with the dealers!!!

Tips on getting a cheap in-demand car lol?
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #46
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Wait until it's not in demand... which based on curent popularity, will be QUITE a while!

do you want a discount or do you want the best car in the class?
Old 27-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #47
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Report on CBS a few nights ago said the new car market is now tightening up after earlier lower prices.

All to do with restructuring in supporting companies to the auto industry and cost cutting now leveling off pricing and even moving it back up.

Certainly, demand is high and we compete with much larger markets.
Old 27-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #48
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, to answer your question, I want the best car in the class at a good price. Others here have managed to get a figure like $22500 in QLD, yet no one I talk to will go near that figure. Some have managed EVEN less, which is great. One gave me a price of $25,250 for a Zetec 3-Door??? WTF???

I want the car, and I will get the car, but for $2,000 more than others can get it for? I have a Fiesta now, perhaps I've made it too clear I want the new one?
Old 27-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #49
longjohn1987
Starter Motor

Rapidtyphoon.
The best i got on a 5 door zetec was 24700 with tint and mats... I too am dissapointed i cant find anything as low as everyone else... but who knows whether they are telling the truth exactly or not? i dont know.
Even when i was trying to get a car through a friend, he wasnt allowed to go much lower than the deal i got... not with the current demand. so i still take other peoples apparent prices with a grain of salt...
longjohn1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #50
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You guys in QLD, you have the sun the plants the lifestyle at least leave us Victorians with the cheaper cars . I'm guessing the shipping up North adds a fair bit to the price. Plus now that the dealers know they can sell them fro 24,000 to someone else and that they wont be able to get another car to replace it with once it's gone they don't have much incentive to lower the price
Old 27-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #51
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Wow the new fiesta is pretty expensive. But thats what happens when the demand for the car is so high.

25k for a ws zetec is the same as I paid for my xr4 last year.
Old 28-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #52
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by longjohn1987
Rapidtyphoon.
The best i got on a 5 door zetec was 24700 with tint and mats... I too am dissapointed i cant find anything as low as everyone else... but who knows whether they are telling the truth exactly or not? i dont know.
Even when i was trying to get a car through a friend, he wasnt allowed to go much lower than the deal i got... not with the current demand. so i still take other peoples apparent prices with a grain of salt...
Some of these prices seem to good to be true lol. I managed to get a dealer down to $22,900 yesterday (3 door), so this isn't too far a cry from $22500 for a five door which seems to be the average? If you take into account the 3-door Zetec is $700 or so cheaper, that means I'd be looking at around an extra $1200 than everyone else. Call me a penny pincher, but that's a fair bit? I'll see if I can get $22,500, if so then it's a definate. The Vision model 3-door was $24,100 DA!!! The price I got is for a non-demand colour (no squeeze/vision/morello he said).

Just not too sure about the pink inside? Does anyone have a black zetec, does it look girly inside with the pink? Black looks great on the outside though.
Old 29-04-2009, 02:47 AM   #53
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pink?! isn't it brown,? I wouldn't worry about it being girly inside the entire car is girly. Just go with that. Remember on the straightest of the straight can get away with a pink shirt
Old 29-04-2009, 08:01 AM   #54
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Girly he says, pffft

Old 29-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #55
Ben85

Quote:
Girly he says, pffft

Your right, thats not girly, but i dont kno if they have that model at my Local Ford Dealer!!! Haha

Old 29-04-2009, 08:51 AM   #56
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Your right, thats not girly, but i dont kno if they have that model at my Local Ford Dealer!!! Haha
Any ricer worth his salt can make a trip to the local plastics distributor and get those wheel arches happening

As for prices, our Zetec 5 DR Vision with around $1000 of accessories went out the door at $24500. We did buy very early on (a few days after the first demos arrived)

Nice thing is we didn't fork out the money for it
Old 29-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #57
Ben85

Quote:
Any ricer worth his salt can make a trip to the local plastics distributor and get those wheel arches happening

As for prices, our Zetec 5 DR Vision with around $1000 of accessories went out the door at $24500. We did buy very early on (a few days after the first demos arrived)

Nice thing is we didn't fork out the money for it
Sounds like you got a good price on yours compared to some of the others. I think the others could have held out for some better deals, i went to 4 dealers before i got the price i wanted, with the extra's i wanted, its all about haggling and being willing to wait, i had to wait 5months for my WQ when i bought it.

Old 29-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #58
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
its all about haggling and being willing to wait, .
Totally agree Ben.

For us, we couldn't be bothered doing either (and it wasn't our money) so hence the price which is probably higher than where it could have been.

We did haggle for the extras but those were surprisingly easy either suggesting we paid too much or the dealer wanted the sale and had room to move on the extras (usually the case).

To me, at the end of the day and over the life of the car, a few thousand is not important if you want/need the car badly enough.
Old 29-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #59
Ben85

Quote:

To me, at the end of the day and over the life of the car, a few thousand is not important if you want/need the car badly enough.
Just depends on how old you are and wat finances you have, i was 21yrs old and had 20,000, so i was squeezing everything i could out of my 20,000. LOL

Old 29-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #60
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Just depends on how old you are and wat finances you have, i was 21yrs old and had 20,000, so i was squeezing everything i could out of my 20,000. LOL
You might want to check your sig then