Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #31
Brute 33
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) has today launched a new look limited edition Ute.

Nah.....will stick with my 09 Pursuit.
Brute 33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #32
BENSFPV

Default Re: Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) has today launched a new look limited edition Ute.

[QUOTE=sbutler]I sort of dont mind it, but I think a little more effort would have people jumping to get one.
9 in rear wheels
Brembo's
Hard lid
Twin exhausts.

Yep thats all they needed to do and I would be ringing them right now. Even without the wider wheels i wouldve bought one but it definately needs brembos a hard lid and sat nav standard.
BENSFPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #33
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Well I never thought they'd bring back the pursuit name badge....it's disappointing that it really doesn't get much more than some body upgrades but I guess money is tight over at FPV.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #34
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

at least the HSV ute is spared the ugly TRD Aurion style exhaust outlets that afflict it's sedan counterpart
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #35
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks ok. Needs gt engine though
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #36
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx
I pity the fool who doesn't like a red and black colour scheme!
I used to love that van!!!
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #37
MONSOON

Needs 3 things.
GT spec engine
Wider rear wheels like R spec GT
Brembo brake package like GT

Choice of colours like R spec GT would be nice too
Old 13-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #38
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

ITT: FPV release new car, just months after AFF thought they were shutting up shop...

and AFF does its best to nit-pick what FPV have done.

Clap, clap.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #39
goldxrdamo

I just saw the heading to this thread and felt a bit shattered that I bought a new mk2 GS ute in black with leather and hardlid after emailing FPV to ask them if they were bringing out the Pursuit ute again only to be told there were no plans for it.
Then when I opened the thread I wasn't shattered anymore as that is a crap effort from FPV.
Why is it so hard for them to build a top range ute, they nearly had it right with the series 1 FG super pursuit.
To FPV if you actually listen - keep the nice GTP style seats and premo sound, keep the GT style body kit, keep the hardlid, keep the brembos all from the series 1 FG SP and add an inch or two to the back wheels and add the 5.0 SC engine and it is the ultimate Aussie built ute.
If this kind of ute was available when I bought mine I would not even of considered looking at the E3 maloo, the only reason I bought the GS over the maloo was cuz Holden offered me such a crap trade in price where as ford was a lot more reasonable.
They had top quality utes in AU BA BF and the early FG so why can't they do it now while they have the best engine ever put in an Australian built car.
goldxrdamo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #40
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So this doesn't even get brembos, just the standard gs brakes?
40RDT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #41
SavVYute

I really like it. It looks a brute!
SavVYute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #42
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

I think the press report has a little mistake...

Quote:
8" rear wheel with 5-spoke premium alloy wheel design with Vixen accents
it should read 9...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 13-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #43
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
ITT: FPV release new car, just months after AFF thought they were shutting up shop...

Clap, clap.
Great isnt it ..... Sooooooooooooooo many screaming out for the return of the Pursuit ute ...... and so they did. "Build it and they will come"

So ..... whats new over the old Pursuit? For one .... the return of the Pursuit. A Super Charged motor. GS spec engine ....does that matter? A tune away from 400RWKW and has the GT front. Got me stuffed actually. No not a sticker pack and the price seems to be fair.

Looks great and good to see the Pursuit back again. That is all

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #44
nstg8a

Quote:
I think the press report has a little mistake...

it should read 9...
Ute doesn't get the new rims .

I love the *** on the pursuit, looks better than the sedans.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #45
BENSFPV

No its not mis-quoted because it keeps the standard width 19 x 8.0 wheels and yes it does look great except there no brembos so its basically just a GS with a new bar and stickers correct me if im wrong thats not what everyone asking for the return of the pursuit wanted. Even a brembo option would be better than what theyve offered.
Old 13-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #46
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Clap, clap.
perhaps the wingers should go buy crapadores
Old 13-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #47
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenl5l
perhaps the wingers should go buy crapadores
that'll give em something to whinge about

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 13-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #48
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
So ..... whats new over the old Pursuit? For one .... the return of the Pursuit. A Super Charged motor. GS spec engine ....does that matter? A tune away from 400RWKW and has the GT front. Got me stuffed actually. No not a sticker pack and the price seems to be fair.

Looks great and good to see the Pursuit back again. That is all
Not a sticker pack
At least the old pursuit had brembo brakes and the GT engine, this is a joke. FPV could have quite easily made some good money from this. But once again they skimp on the little things.
fordomatic is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #49
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

You know what would be a good add?

Having a zoomed in shot of will davidson unload some bricks, a few ladders out of the back, so you get the impression of a work ute.

Then show it rolling out onto a racetrack, and doing some laps. And have the race enginner come up and say something like

"she done some good times, but i think with some tweeking it could get outta turn 4 quicker"

Then have Will facepalm and say.

"Damn, left a few bages of concrete in the back...."

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 13-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #50
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
Not a sticker pack
At least the old pursuit had brembo brakes and the GT engine, this is a joke. FPV could have quite easily made some good money from this. But once again they skimp on the little things.

Should be happy that you can get a performance ute full stop...

It was only in 98 when Ford first decided to do a V8 performance ute...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 13-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #51
BENSFPV

I have a suspicion that those not upset about this pursuit ute are the ones that can buy a sedan GT Rspec as they dont need a ute because that looks great perfect job FPV on the sedan. But as per usual those that buy utes because they need them for work and want the best instead of having to buy a ute and a sedan have been left bitterly disappointed by a few small items missing off this limited edition otherwise it looks great.
Old 13-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #52
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

so the only thing short of the old super pursuit is brembos and seats that you have to be 70kg to fit in. and for 6k less. if i had the money i would be all over this. also seems to me its the same price as a gs ute with the same options ticked but gets a gt front, limited edition and better wheels.
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #53
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
Not a sticker pack
Std leather .... std Prem screen and sound ... GT rims ... std GT front. Fine if not liked by yourself but careful how you say it.

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 13-08-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: but full on
Old 13-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #54
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is one of those cars that you would want to keep forever and pass down to your grandson one day. Imagine how badass this thing will be in 30 years when everyone is driving solar powered Hyundais.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #55
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Well they've only labelled this the Pursuit. Whilst that's traditionally been the name given to hipo limited edition utes, it also allows them to still sell ~50 LE Super Pursuits at a later date, possibly then with the GT engine, Brembos and better suspension. Maybe at the same time they release the GT-H engine.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #56
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder if they painted the interior as well to color co-ordinate.

I kinda wish it had a holden badge. That would explain the color combo idea.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #57
seedywagon
IWCMOGTVM club supporter

It's like ford let the 14 year old work experience kid design a new ute, whilst west coast customs was on TV in the back round.
Will there be a popcorn maker in the dashboard?
K&N panel filter - XR6T Snorkel - F6 Typhoon CAI - BFXR6T 17inch Rims - RDA Slotted Rotors- Kings SL Front, SSL rear - XR shocks - Straight-through rear muffler - Blue Dash Conversion - Premium Sound Speakers - Colour-coded mirror scalps - 3.45:1 Diff Gears - Leather interior - Premium 6-stack colour ICC

FOR SALE - PM for details

Build Thread
seedywagon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #58
BENSFPV

[QUOTE=Auslandau]Std leather .... std Prem screen and sound ... GT rims ... std GT front. QUOTE]

I agree std leather great , premium screen & sound not great ( prem sound ? ) if you think so each to there own. Std GT rims awesome but not the same size as the limited edition sedan and no brembo to make them look even better. Std GT front great but needs std GT equipment to be a real GT otherwise its not a GT. Thats what most pursuit owners want , its not that hard is it?
Old 13-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #59
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

It isn't a GT ute though ........ and up until today the GT-P had 8" rears. Yes would be nice but price wise it has come in well ....... for what it is.

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 13-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #60
BENSFPV

In my opinion the only thing missing off this to make people like me buy it is the brembos not the wheel size I couldnt care less about wider wheels on the rear or quad exhausts. But they will sell them no question about it just wish they would make a Super Pursuit can only hope. I dont believe price wise they did enough because Hsv jumped them again with the lower Maloo entry model which seems more equipped than this Limited edition pursuit. Damn I hate Hsv but they just seem to know the ute market better.