Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-04-2008, 02:55 AM   #31
Falconfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbats
Thats because he's captain. Captains often under bowl themselves

I thought Dhoni was the skipper.

Red Cars are faster..

Black cars are cooler..

But Yellow Cars are just plain better!
Falconfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 02:56 AM   #32
Falconfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
What a champion Andrew Symonds is. Fastest 100 in the IPL off 47 balls and brought it up with a MASSIVE 6 of Shane Warne and then followed it up a couple of balls later with another 6 while backing away. Awesome.
He is probably still fuming after going for 30 runs in that over. Like Chuck Norris, you don't a man like Andrew Symonds off.

Red Cars are faster..

Black cars are cooler..

But Yellow Cars are just plain better!
Falconfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 03:05 AM   #33
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Symonds ended up on 117 not out with 7 sixes off his bat. I haven't seen him in that kind of form for a long time and it was amazing just watching him. Good to see the Indian fans embracing him too with a couple of kids holding up a sign saying "Symonds hit a 6 out of the ground for us".

GO ROY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 03:06 AM   #34
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Yep was an awesome knock from Symonds, pity he didn't get to face a ball in the last over but i'm sure he's as happy as a pig in sh!t walking off the ground with red ink.
BZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 03:42 AM   #35
prydey
Rob

agreed on all accounts. went a long way to earning a few of those US$1.35M tonight. hopefully he can put in a pearler in the field as well.

also getting back to an earlier comment regarding harbhajan, he is captain at the moment because tendulker is injured. M.S. Dhoni is a captain but not that side.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #36
prydey
Rob

it was only a matter of time before harbhajan did something stupid.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ipl/...ry/347604.html

he is now suspended temporarily from the ipl with a hearing tonight or somethng.

maybe they will learn that he is a trouble maker and that he wasn't all innocent when they toured here.

on a more positive note, hayden is in good touch at the moment, belting his team to the top of the ladder.

symonds will not get all of his $1.4M as he is leaving the tournament at the end of the month along with all the aussies involved in the tour of west indies. i believe they just get paid for the games they play.

i wonder if ch10 will continue to broadcast once the aussie big guns leave. it will lose a touch of appeal with me anyway.
Old 27-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #37
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
it was only a matter of time before harbhajan did something stupid.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ipl/...ry/347604.html

he is now suspended temporarily from the ipl with a hearing tonight or somethng.

maybe they will learn that he is a trouble maker and that he wasn't all innocent when they toured here.

on a more positive note, hayden is in good touch at the moment, belting his team to the top of the ladder.

symonds will not get all of his $1.4M as he is leaving the tournament at the end of the month along with all the aussies involved in the tour of west indies. i believe they just get paid for the games they play.

i wonder if ch10 will continue to broadcast once the aussie big guns leave. it will lose a touch of appeal with me anyway.
Deck an international teammate for saying hard luck after the game!?

Sreesanth the venom spitting fast bowler who has a cry after being punched in the eye?

Wow. I'm starting to wish I recorded the games now. :P Keep it up guys and I might just tune in to watch the drama!
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #38
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I personally do not like cricket at all.

I was rather annoyed that the TEN network decided to allow this to run overtime into the advertised 4.30am Formula 1 Qaulifing.
I was looking around for an email link to channel ten, but it does not exisit, so instead I wrote this letter to the Admin people on the Formula 1 site:

I am an avid F1 fan and am constantly disappointed with the coverage that the TEN network gives this great sport in Australia and I would also go a lot further to say the poor ratings that F1 get are due to the mismanagement of the airing of the races and qualifying. Too often there are no live broadcast, In order for me to watch these events I need to set my alarm for early mornings. Take today for example. According to the F1 website, when I convert to local time I can see that Saturday qualifying was at 22.00 pm. Network TEN have decided in their infinite wisdom to advertise the qualifying for 4.30 am Sunday Morning and then I am here at 5.00 am writing this letter to you because they have the ending of the Indian premier league cricket on which is still going at 5.17am. Too often the TEN network delays the airing of F1 by several hours making it near impossible for the average fan to stay awake to watch as of course the Main race is usually on local time on a Monday morning and most people need to get up to go to work on Monday. If F1 is to ever be successful in Australia you guys need to either give Network TEN a swift kick or contract another network that will give priority to F1 which I am sure would increase the Australian fan base by minimum of 1000%
Old 27-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #39
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really was sceptical at first over 20/20 with its microwave cricket kinda appeal, It seemed to have won me over now.

Was great to watch last nights game (early morning) , I think Harbhajan is a sore loser in every respect, I think a ban is in order at least, maybe for a couple of matches.

Didnt realise a spin bowler could move his arm fast enough to make a grown man cry either, maybe it was the way he flicked his fist. :

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #40
prydey
Rob

well i guess it was only a matter of time before gilly joined the centurians and of course he set the fastest as well. 42 balls. in his 109 n.o. he hit 96 in boundaries. top effort that. cheer girls were getting a real workout.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ipl/...ry/347712.html

hopefully he can drag the chargers up the order now that all the non retired aussies are leaving the tournament.
Old 28-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #41
prydey
Rob

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ipl/...ry/347804.html

i guess they can't threaten to take their bat and ball and go home this time. no real loss anyway.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #42
prydey
Rob

looking good on paper is a long way from being good on the field. chargers had another loss overnight to make it 1 win from 6 games. they had a great batting lineup too. gilly, laxman, gibbs, afridi, sharma etc and yet laxman won the toss and bowled. :

i must say it has lost some of its appeal since the big name aussies have left. i actually turned it off when gilly got out.

at least hayden left the series leading the runs scored chart.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #43
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I predict you're watching the beginning of the end of International cricket as we know it today.
Geezus, I hope not!! This 20/20 cricket is CRAP, it's just glorified baseball.

Long live test cricket, the REAL stuff.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 04:15 AM   #44
prydey
Rob

gilly's on fire at the moment.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #45
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman
Geezus, I hope not!! This 20/20 cricket is CRAP, it's just glorified baseball.

Long live test cricket, the REAL stuff.
If 20/20 brings in big dollars (and it seems to be a success, haven't watched a game yet) then those boffins in India will likely consider poaching players for longer forms of the game. It'll be WSC in a much larger scale.

I'm not a fan of 20/20 either. It's no longer a contest between bat and ball in my opinion and only have a mild interest in the 50 overs game (which at least has some nuances in it). I can appreciate that 20/20 may bring more supporters to the game who would not invest 5 days into watching a sporting contest and may help convert some but I can also see it potentially damaging tours where a test or two is given up in favour of a 20/20 tourney.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #46
prydey
Rob

i can't see 20/20 converting many followers to test cricket. although i started this thread, i'm not a fan. i'm just enjoying it for what it is.

any fans attracted to this style of play will find the real game even more tedious as they'll be comparing scoring rates of about 10/over to 3/over give or take.

i believe it will have some sort of impact on world cricket though. not sure what but there will be some sort of fallout.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:24 AM   #47
BZINGA