Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: What Is Your Position? Please read carefully...
I love Fords in general and love discussing them on this forum 120 51.72%
I love Falcons only and love discussing them on this forum 40 17.24%
I'm partial. I don't mind Fords and I don't mind Holden's 58 25.00%
I love Holdens and will probably never buy a Ford. I just want to join the Ford discussions 3 1.29%
I used to love all things Ford but I'm swinging more towards GM-H now as I prefer their product 7 3.02%
I used to love all things Ford but I'm swinging more towards GM-H now as I prefer their marketing 2 0.86%
I used to love all things Ford but they currently don't have a car which suits my needs 12 5.17%
I don't really like either Ford or Holden. I just like joining in on this sites discussions 5 2.16%
I'm scared that the Falcon will soon be no more, so I'm starting to swing the General's way 9 3.88%
Other - details if you can... 13 5.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-09-2008, 10:27 PM   #31
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im not intereseted in either of the 2 manufacturer's newest products in all honesty, but its good to know where we are heading and whats available on the market.

Just like politics, we like to see whose in charge, but also what the opposition has to say, as either way when we have to make a choice, we'll pick who is offering the most at the time, even though we have a preference to consider.

I chose the last option as in other, I just like the speculation as alot of people have a hard choice on where to put there hard earned into a vehicle, its good to see the pro's and cons, especially when there is alot available on the market. Im no market for a new vehicle for a long time, as I'm happy with my cars now, but its good to know just in case the upgrade may be needed.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #32
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

In addition to my 2 Fairlanes I also own a 1963 EH Holden Panel Van and a 1980 Mitsubsihi Lancer. I was once a Chrysler fan but my last one (a CM) was the end of the oz line.
Old 14-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #33
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Ford fan here, but partly because they have made cars that suit ME more then other options for whatever reason, be it simplicity to work on, performance, looks, etc.

I can appreciate other cars, but still prefer my Fords, simple as that. Just personally don't like Commodores for various reasons, my opinion, others milage may vary, add salt to taste.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #34
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

I put that i love fords in general, and i think thats how a true blue ford supporter should vote!
Old 14-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #35
220XR8
Banned

I'm impartial,
I've had in Fords,
XR 289 twin 600 Holleys
XY 351 FMX
XB 351 GT spec (badged as a GS)
XF 4.1 Ute
EA S pack Wagon
EF Futura
AUIII XR8

In Holdens
EH Sedan
HR Sedan
HK Ute
HT 308 Monaro
HQ 308 Panel Van
HJ253 Sandman Panelvan
HJ 5.0 wagon
HJ 308 Monaro Coupe
Hx 253 Sedan
VH 4.2 Vacationer
VH Group 3 Brock Commodore

I have enjoyed driving each one and don't have an allegiance to either brand, but I do follow Holden in the racing.

I must say that I am really enjoying the XR8 in the 3 weeks Iv'e had it....Got some strange looks today in the Ford with the Holden Jacket and cap on.......
220XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2008, 09:27 PM   #36
220XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue
In addition to my 2 Fairlanes I also own a 1963 EH Holden Panel Van and a 1980 Mitsubsihi Lancer. I was once a Chrysler fan but my last one (a CM) was the end of the oz line.

I'm with you .......Go the Valiant....
220XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #37
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

hmmm way too many red boys ,cant for the life of me join the cool brigade .
Old 15-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #38
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good stuff.

So far, it appears as though we have quite a few who are partial (no particular brand loyalty) and handful who don't even like FoMoCo. On a Ford forums website.
I wonder what percentage of posters on the various Holden forums would vote this way???

It's interesting that a few have hit the lack of confidence box, that they don't believe there will be another Falcon and, as a result, are loosing their brand loyalty / preference. Same thing was a factor in the 380's demise - erroding consumer confidence.

This explains a bit.

Interesting.
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2008, 01:45 PM   #39
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

chose the other option....

i bleed blue just like most people on this forum but if ford dont look about re-introducing the LWB variants and listening to their loyal customers when comes time to buy new car in xxx amount of years im might just have to swap camps as cant go past a new grange or simular.

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2008, 06:45 PM   #40
burnz
VFII SS UTE

yeah like the senator signature series, grange a bit to square.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #41
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like both, but if I have to buy one with money... i'll get a Ford.

I looove the Efijy concept though.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2008, 12:23 AM   #42
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Always been a ford fan

Had a 81 XD and a 86 XF, two absolutely fantastic bulletproof cars.

Then i had a 91 Navara, it wa s aold work hack but it did the job

Then i got myself a 03 BA XT,, sure, i had no major problems with it, but the diff was about to go, the gearbox, panel gaps were crap, build quality wasnt good, the thing jsut wanst hel together that well!

Ill never buy a newish falcon again.

So at the moment Ford has nothign for me, im looking at getting a Van soon, and the transit doesnt appeal to me either!

Maybe a Focus someday down the track? but im sure Ford Aus will find a way to much that up too?
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2008, 11:59 AM   #43
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Always been into Fords. I drove an XT and XE as a kid but my first car was a 1991 Ford Laser Ghia. I then bought the AU Ghia and then the XE 3.3. I'm guna buy a TE50 or XE ESP next.

I personally think Ford vs Holden is dead. The pond has shrunk it's now Aussie vs Jap and RWD vs FWD. My social group is a mix of Ford and Holden enthusiasts who now swing both ways.

I used to hate Holdens and friends used to hate Fords but now we all cruise together and all drive each others cars and appreciate them. And we all hate FWD with a passion.

Don't tell anybody but I kinda like driving my mates VL. It's awful above 120 but I really like the gearing and the dirty looks you get from cops. Likewise my mate loves XD-XF's
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #44
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

I put down that Im a Ford fan, but Im a Falcon lover at heart. However I love the Euro Fords at the moment, as they seem to just have something that others dont (in my eye). I agree with whoever said that if Ford didnt exist that we would all drive Holdens. Yeah I'd agree. BUT Ford does so Ill follow them thanks!

Im quite concerned though by the heirachy of Ford, it seems like its an all American affair, and they dont really give two hoots about anyone else, they can tolerate Europe cause they actually make money (something that the US seem to have forgotten how to do). But us here in our neck of the woods... they still think we ride kangaroos! I hate the fact that the quest for the almighty dollar leaves those of us with little to no voice having a group of people in another country with different needs and tastes telling us what we will be driving. Im gunna hate the day the straight 6 dies!!!!!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post