Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #31
cupic
Nikon

TATA Nano is worth the same as what comes out of a cow's ar5e
cupic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #32
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
Hello $2.50 per litre for petrol.
Exactly. India and China are swallowing up the worlds oil supplies, this has the potential to significantly add to the problem if it takes off over there.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 08:15 PM   #33
boss 300

what a joke,hope no way the goverment agree to get this deft trap,in the country:not happy
Old 11-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #34
ABoringUsername

I could see a really cheap car like that improving emissions in a country such as Australia, it becomes a real alternative to a second hand car, especially for a single person, and it will be much less polluting, as it will comply with the latest emissions guidelines. 3.85l/100km highway isnt bad... (fore more specs, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_Nano )
ABoringUsername is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #35
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss 300
what a joke,hope no way the goverment agree to get this deft trap,in the country:not happy
What's a Deft Trap?

Look, in all seriousness, I think they call it Natural Selection. It is the same for people buying Holwoo Barinas and Jiangling Landwinds. My only worry is what has already been stated, and that we are paying through the nose (and other orifices) for Fuel. I bet the Indian's don't pay $1.50 for fuel.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #36
HTCURRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
What's a Deft Trap?

Look, in all seriousness, I think they call it Natural Selection. It is the same for people buying Holwoo Barinas and Jiangling Landwinds. My only worry is what has already been stated, and that we are paying through the nose (and other orifices) for Fuel. I bet the Indian's don't pay $1.50 for fuel.
petrol prices are about A$1.00-1.15 in India/Bangladesh/Pakistan.
HTCURRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 12:05 AM   #37
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

America uses more than twice of both those countries combined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Exactly. India and China are swallowing up the worlds oil supplies, this has the potential to significantly add to the problem if it takes off over there.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:57 AM   #38
Werd.
nou

Paid more for a paint job...
Werd. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 02:19 AM   #39
DJR MAN
DJR Fan

I'd bargain down the price - "$2800.00??? Tell 'em he's dreamin' ".

A Nano ehhh? I wonder if Apple iPod are inerested in their model name being used here?

I don't really get these cars, this one and the Smart car, economicial and cheap to run (except the Smart car - far too expensive to purchase), over safety. Is buying a cheap tank of petrol more important than your safety?
DJR MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 04:09 AM   #40
Jayden
Graphic Artist

you know what I can get for 2800? Four EAs with a combined HP of something over 500 HP and way cooler to be seen cruising in as well safer. and I can stop and get a beef burger. I WIN!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #41
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
[edit] Car specifications
Engine: 2 cylinder petrol Bosch multi-point fuel injection (single injector) all aluminium 623 cc (38 cu in)
bore x stroke 73.5 X 73.5 mm
Compression ratio - 9.5:1
2 valves per cylinder overhead camshaft
Power: 33 PS (33 hp/24 kW) @ 5500 rpm[12]
Torque: 48 N·m (35 ft·lbf) @ 2500 rpm
Acceleration: 0-70 km/h (43 mph): 14 seconds
Maximum speed: 105 km/h (65 mph)[1]
Fuel economy (combined City + Highway): 20 kilometres per liter (5 L/100 km, 47 US mpg, 59 UK mpg)
Seat Belts: 2[13]
Trunk capacity: 150 L (5.3 cu ft)
Steering – mechanical rack and pinion
Front brake: disc[14]
Rear brake: drum
Front track: 1,325 mm (52.2 in)
Rear track: 1,315 mm (51.8 in)
Ground clearance: 180 mm (7.1 in)
Front suspension: McPherson strut with lower A arm
Rear suspension: Independent coil spring
Hold up! This doesn't have more sophisticated rear suspension than a Toyota Corolla does it??

Wow 0-70 in 14 seconds. I think the Government could solve the speeding problem overnight by importing this car.

Two cylinder cars is a scary thought. Imagine in a decades time a 2L four cylinder will seem like a monstrous gas guzzling beast. Better get the old Suzuki 3 cylinder 800cc hatchback out of the paddock and get ready for the future :togo:
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #42
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That price is amazing. It will have to pull down the prices of other smaller and used cars just like the Hyundais Excel did here.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #43
bob^
LPS

You blokes going on about safety keep missing the point that these people put the husband, kid, wife, and baby all on one motor bike. That is all they have, and they make do.
The car will be safer than that. Not by much, but it will be.

But I know I'd never sit inside one - I wouldn't ride on a motorbike with 4 people either though...
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #44
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Yes but imagine how unsafe its going to be with half of India in cars and the other half 4 a top on motorcycles.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #45
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocol
America uses more than twice of both those countries combined!
I think you will find that China will soon be using more oil than anyone. Thats the reason the worlds oil supplies can't keep up now, because India and China who used very little before are now pushing demand for it beyond what can be supplied.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #46
ck11

Their view on safety is notably different to western countries. Strangely enough they manage pretty well compared to our ridiculous 110km/h speed limits and micromanagement of our every action. We tend to take away all responsibility from the driver.

Whilst their accident rate is pretty high when compared to aus, the number of accidents relative to traffic and driving style is quite low. They have no speed limits on any of their roads.

Lot of ignorance in some of these posts about safety and power. How many of you people actually drive in heavy traffic? You would just be a poser driving a powerful car in dense trafffic.

There are a lot of powerful cars in this forum, but hardly any of them even get used to there potential (anything above 110-120km/h would be breaking the speed limit and a criminal according to our know it all government).
ck11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 11:52 AM   #47
BHDOGS
Banned

with the car being so small and light could it be that hard to fit a small electric engine to this car and get 35hp?
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #48
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I doubt this would be any less safe than some used cars for a similar price. It has been built to crash standards so would probably crumple alot better than any Chinese offerings. I would rather this than some of the Chinese P.O.S's that currently exist, and this is quite funky and would work here.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 02:40 PM   #49
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

more water proof than scooter and quite a bit safer than having baby on your shoulders ? some have missed the point of such a car !
Old 12-01-2008, 04:48 PM   #50
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Not just for petrol, but china and india guzzle up oil for other products like plastics. Making a car so affordable could also force the price of oil up to well over $150.00 a barrel, meaning at the least $2.00 a litre here.

On a sidenote, the name of "the peoples car" wasn't very well thought out either. Didn't Hitler have "the peoples car" with the VW beetle?

Oh, and I don't think it would meet ADR's here so forget about that being sold here. Not to mention it being a moving road block. Now we know why all the indians by Camry's when they get here.

Quote: