Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-07-2014, 04:40 AM   #31
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: FPV Drive Day - Today Sandown Raceway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttnekid View Post
the only thing I will avoid when my GTF arrives is the continual emergency braking you do on the brake and swerve exercise. On my GTE it affected my front brakes thereafter - they squeeked and the pedal feel was never the same again. Other than than, highly recommended as you do get to work your car out. My car scared Terry, he was not expecting 500rwkw when he took it for a spin (I left that part out, and just said, treat her with respect, she is quite tuned you know).

The look he gave me before was 'yeah yeah', the grin he gave me when he pulled back up after a lap was priceless coupled with 'holy ****, that is V8 supercar material, just smoother, I should get John to have a drive....' haha
Would have been as they say a 'Mastercard' moment - priceless...
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2014, 08:11 AM   #32
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FPV Drive Day - Today Sandown Raceway

is there a time limit on these fpv drive days, i bought my car second hand and the owner said he hasnt used the drive day, car was first regoed in dec 09

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

82XD393.3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #33
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

No 82xd393.

My car was nearly 4 years old when I used my last driveday. As long as you have the form your good to go.

I wouldnt waste too much more time.

Bowe will surely limit them once the cars are no longer sold?
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #34
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
Got my date wrong.

It's actually December 02 at Eastern Creek.

Hopefully can get some other R-Specs there and a GT-F or 2 or 3 or more!
Should come down in the Pursuit, im sick of doing Queensland Raceway.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #35
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
No 82xd393.

My car was nearly 4 years old when I used my last driveday. As long as you have the form your good to go.

I wouldnt waste too much more time.

Bowe will surely limit them once the cars are no longer sold?
thanks Dash will look into it need new tyres first lol

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

82XD393.3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #36
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP GTP View Post
Just did the FPV Drive Day today. All I can say is WOW. What a fantastic and fun day. Learnt heaps, got to enjoy plenty of laps around Sandown, with a great bunch of instructors and fellow enthusiasts.

Great way to learn about your vehicle and its capabilities. Worst part was driving home...and having to be one of the peak hr drivers again.

If you get the chance to do one of the Drive days make sure you do. You will be pleasantly surprised with what your FPV can do.
Insurance won't cover me for the day but after reading through the thread I'm having second thoughts. What do ya reckon was the most valuable part of the day if you had to choose. Do you do much theory work?
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #37
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandsharon View Post
Insurance won't cover me for the day but after reading through the thread I'm having second thoughts. What do ya reckon was the most valuable part of the day if you had to choose. Do you do much theory work?
Some Insurance companies will cover it - as technically it isnt a "RACE EVENT" - it can be classified as advanced driver education etc etc as they try and limit the speeds down the straights to less than 140 odd Klm / h and you dont really "time" the laps.

Always best to check with your individual insurer though and get any approvals in writing. Phone call conversations are difficult to replay if you need to............
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #38
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The boys at John Bowe driving are excellent value. It costs a lot in terms of maintenance on the car (brakes/tyres/petrol) but the High performance days are fantastic. Done quite a few and you usually get a V8 driver as an instructor.
zipping is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #39
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
Some Insurance companies will cover it - as technically it isnt a "RACE EVENT" - it can be classified as advanced driver education etc etc as they try and limit the speeds down the straights to less than 140 odd Klm / h and you dont really "time" the laps.

Always best to check with your individual insurer though and get any approvals in writing. Phone call conversations are difficult to replay if you need to............
Yeah I looked right into Bluey......I actually started a thread with the companies reply after passing on all the details regarding the day to the insurance mob. Everything I received regarding the day was passed on and they refused to cover me. Given I'm more than happy with my insurer I'm not changing just for the drive day. I'm am though thinking of just doing it anyway.
Old 31-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #40
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
Got my date wrong.

It's actually December 02 at Eastern Creek.

Hopefully can get some other R-Specs there and a GT-F or 2 or 3 or more!
Might bring down my GTF for this date.
Old 31-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #41
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Yeah I looked right into Bluey......I actually started a thread with the companies reply after passing on all the details regarding the day to the insurance mob. Everything I received regarding the day was passed on and they refused to cover me. Given I'm more than happy with my insurer I'm not changing just for the drive day. I'm am though thinking of just doing it anyway.
Just do it
Its a great day. If you drive within your limits then its quite safe and there is minimal chance you'll make friends with any foreign objects.

What you will notice though is that the car will feel like you're driving down a set of steps on your way home after the event. Your tyres will be well and truly shagged. Mine were junk after the day and I almost had the paint on my Brembos peel..
The motorkhana is waaaaaay fun and the wing mirror adjustment "education" is an eye opener. Still adjust my mirrors this way right to this day.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #42
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^ So was the tip on why not to leave your window half down. "It'll take your head clean off..." David Luff, 2004.
Old 31-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #43
DP GTP

Quote:
I called RACV and told them, they were fine, and noted it against the date.
The whole day was great, only 1hr or so of theory then it's out onto the track. The best bit....to be totally honest when the instructor takes you around in your car.....WOW....I will never get to drive it to that point, but it showed me what it is capable of.
Driving by yourself around the race track for an hour or so was also great....
Seeing how effective the traction/stability control works was is fun too...
.....damm the whole day was the best bit...
Most valuable......setting the car up when you're driving....as per other comments...the mirrors....no more blind spots!
ZF
Herrod CAI
Herrod 2.5 twin Stainless Cat back
DP GTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #44
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks mate......sounds great!