Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #31
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
They'll be right, they're used to failing at this time of year
:
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #32
rodderz

go the storm. They still have a class outfit with arguably 3 of the world's best players in Slater, Smith and Ingliss and a whole bunch more that have a lot of experience as well as some handy newer players.

Some QLD's will be torn, a lot go for the bronco's and a lot also for the storm with them having a high qld contingent.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #33
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Should be a good one tonight!
Old 25-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #34
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Long live Hazem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Should be a good one tonight!
: How's that for an understatement? It was a cracker.

Full credit to the Eels, they deserved the win. Too classy, too strong and too good in the end.

Like many, I am gobsmacked by their recovery from being the laughing stock of the competition; they were playing like they couldn't beat an under 16's girls netball team. A great team effort for sure, but if it wasn't for Jarrad Hayne... I remember he single-handedly won the game for them on more than one occasion. A true freak of the game, and he can expect a massive increase in his pay.

Can't wait for tomorrow's game. I'm sure Lockyer will see to it there isn't a repeat of what happened last year.
Old 25-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #35
capriv8

Woohoo Para is through, Benji Marshall was saying the Parramatta run was just like the tigers in 2005 I hope it continues with a win next week. If the Storm win tommorrow its my wifes team v mine.
capriv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #36
Rhino-351

GO THE BRONCOS!!! xD
Rhino-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #37
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Go storm tonight is going be a cracker of a match
Old 26-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #38
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Go the Broncos, will be a top game.
Old 26-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #39
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

Great game for Parra. The defence in the 2nd 1/2 and going back to that winning formula won the game for them got them over the line. My wife and I were at the game and it was amazing.

Cheers
Mark

EF 4lt 1995 in Green on LPG. To and from work hack.

XY Fairmont 1971 in Bronze Wine, 302, Top Loader, 9" Still trying to find out if she is a GS or plain jane Monty.

Mustang 1966 coupe, Silver frost, A code, C4, factory bench seat, A/C, P/S rally pac, AM radio with 8 track. Awaiting funds for resto.

K6 Hayabusa....Dead Stock and why would one need to spend thousands on mods.................
Mark s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #40
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Melbourne storm in another grand finallll sweeeeeeet : : : , your next Eels, Bring on Next Sunday
Old 26-09-2009, 11:06 PM   #41
Rhino-351

Broncos would of done it at suncorp...
Rhino-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #42
old_mate
Smash the Boost

broncos didn't have a hope with locky at half, he stank.

They need to put Falau back on the right wing, and they'll miss Karmichael Hunt and Dave Taylor next season.

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2009, 12:06 AM   #43
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

go the eels.... pumped as!
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #44
cheyne666
FORCE FED FORDS

Watch out Melbourne we got sum thunder of our own who goes by the name of FUI FUI MOI MOI.
Hope Jarryd gets cleared to play next week, Little Billy Slater will be getting put back in his place by the No:1 No:1 in the league come Sunday night. Step up Melbourne you had your training session with the Broncs now it's time to go to war. GO PARRA!!

Last edited by cheyne666; 27-09-2009 at 12:46 AM.
cheyne666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #45
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

Hayne is free to play and that decision is an absolute disgrace. Anyone know how to email the NRL over this outrage.

The double standards by those in positions of power will do more damage to the game of Rugby League than another code can.

Goes to show, after all the BS about trying to expand the game to other parts of the counrty, blah blah blah all the stops can be pulled out to desperately try and keep the premiership in Sydney. The NRL is the NSWRL by another name.

The NRL administration should hang their heads in shame. I want the Storm to win now, just to stick it right up Gallop and his band of merry twats.
Envi XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #46
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

Hayne was charged with a grade 1 reckless tackle. With an early plead and a previous clean record the he gained a total of 90 points for this offence. Thus being able to play this weekend. (100 pointed to miss a game)

There have been several accounts of grade 1 reckless tackles this year, 3 off which have had clean records and have been allowed to play. Others have gained a 1 week for the same offence including Nathan Hindmarsh.

In fact with this obvious NRL/NSWRL biased, it's amazing that Brett Finch (playing for Melbourne Storm) Also got away with a grade 1 reckless tackle and due to his clean record and early guilty plea and did not miss a game.

If someone wishes to mention Bryce Gibbs, he was charged with a grade 2 offence (not a grade 1); He also decided the fight the charge, which in most cases if still found guilty, gets the full amount of points and a longer suspension. My guess is it Hayne and the Eels fought the charge and lost it (which they would have) Then Hayne would not be playing next weekend.

Maybe look at the facts, and not blame Gallop as it was Greg McCallum, Mark O’Neil and another former player who decided the grade of the charge going off previous incident and not the penalty that was handed out.

Seems to me the system has remained consistent in charging of players, the penalties they have received.

Maybe you could ring up Hadley on 2GB and ask about how many players have been charged with a simular offence this season and how many got more than 1 week and those who did gain 1 week had previous charges against their names.

XY Fairmont 1971 in Bronze Wine, 302, Top Loader, 9" Still trying to find out if she is a GS or plain jane Monty.

Mustang 1966 coupe, Silver frost, A code, C4, factory bench seat, A/C, P/S rally pac, AM radio with 8 track. Awaiting funds for resto.

K6 Hayabusa....Dead Stock and why would one need to spend thousands on mods.................
Old 27-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #47
Teflon Turbo
Banned

GO STORM!

and if the NRL wants to survive they should move the granny to the mcg, 100,000 fans will roll up easy. 4 grannies in a row for the storm have earnt the right to host one at the G!
Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #48
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

B!oody BS Vic getting the GF, the crowd v's the ponnies game was pityful ! and says it all.
Why haven't gafl moved the GF the many times vic teams haven't made the GF ?!

One of the best seasons that I can remember and invigorated me to follow again after many seasons not caring and I'm sure their are many like me who will return to follow again.
Look forward to a rippa GF in Sydney.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #49
Teflon Turbo
Banned

GO STORM!

and in response to your question, because we are VICTORIANS (our name says it all) we embrace all sports and we move in all sports (west syd afl, gold cost and poach nrl players) we have the worlds.

[GO STORM]

largest sports stadium, we rule netball, soccer, nrl, afl and any sport this country has to offer.

[GO STORM]

we also have australia's ONLY indegenous sport, AFL.
v8 supercars now has more viewers than nrl and nrl is distant 3rd.

as i said for nrl to survive it should move to Melbourne, we can adopt it like a second child.

GO MELBOURNE STORM!
Old 27-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #50
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark s
Hayne was charged with a grade 1 reckless tackle. With an early plead and a previous clean record the he gained a total of 90 points for this offence. Thus being able to play this weekend. (100 pointed to miss a game)

There have been several accounts of grade 1 reckless tackles this year, 3 off which have had clean records and have been allowed to play. Others have gained a 1 week for the same offence including Nathan Hindmarsh.
I never said that the punishment was a disgrace. What is a disgrace is that he was only charged with a Grade 1 reckless tackle and it should have been a Grade 2. But a grade 2 would mean suspension, so he only gets a Grade 1. Yes he got the punishment that suited the crime, but he was charged in a way that allowed him to get out of it.

He argued that he had his feet back, so if he was so situationally aware, why did he lead with his knees?

Quote:
Maybe look at the facts, and not blame Gallop as it was Greg McCallum, Mark O’Neil and another former player who decided the grade of the charge going off previous incident and not the penalty that was handed out.

Seems to me the system has remained consistent in charging of players, the penalties they have received
I did look at the facts, and maybe you can put down your bias for a second.
Thurston got a grade 1 charge for Origin 3 for the same offence, but I don't recall his feet coming in direct contact with the NSW players head and nearly knocking him out? Thurston accured 75 points for that offence. Hayne earned just enough to play in the grand final.

Maybe you should remove the rose coloured glasses, and really look into the NRL's history of consistency. It seems to always be a hot topic in discussion by commentors, fans, players, etc.

For Gallop and his merry band of twats, the NRL is, and will always be about Sydney. If they want the game to progress, they need to take the blinkers off. Next year, I think I will go for every team that plays outside Sydney.

GO THE STORM!!!, and they aren't even my Team!
Old 27-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #51
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon Turbo
as i said for nrl to survive it should move to Melbourne, we can adopt it like a second child.

GO MELBOURNE STORM!

What do you mean CAN?

NRL and the Storm have been in Melbourne for 10 years. You would think that with the club being in Melbourne for 10 year it would be more than CAN support.

While the Storm does get support in Melbourne and that’s great. I kind of see if like the Swans in Sydney. They get support while they are doing well and get monster crowds, when things are not so well; the support is more fair weathered.

Still they should have played the game at the MCG last night. Then I guess it would have been a sell out and surpassed the Friday night Sydney game.

I am also sure the game will grow more once they manage to develop a local junior, a player the locals can truly claim as one of their own.

Honestly I really see the Storm as another Queensland side.

Old 27-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #52
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

My rose coloured glassed have been always removed. If you knew me at all you would find I am a very critical eels and league fan and not totally biased. I have followed them for over 30 years and I know that not everything they do is perfect and right.

I was of the opinion that he would be charged and deserved to be because his knees did make contact with Goodwin. Seems many former players and experts in the game agree with my view and they tend to be critical of the NRL at times as well.

I said to my wife on Friday night on our way home from the game that Hayne will be charged with a grade 1 reckless charge and with his record will be allowed the play. I guess I was right in this place.

I also feel that Hayne did make an effort to hit more with his hip, than with his knees. His knee did make contact and that is why he was charged.

My feeling on Bryce Gibbs and I assume you are a Tigers fan, due you what happened with Burt and your a little upset about that, and how Hayne got off. If Gibbs had of taken the guilty plea, he would have had 1 week on his Grade 2 charge in place of 3 weeks because he plead not guilty and went before the judiciary and copped the full penality

Again there have been several simular incidents this year where players have been charged with a grade 1 reckless charge, remember Brett Finch? And he did not accrue enough points due to an early plea and a clean record. So along with this incident and many others the league has been consistent in it's penalties with grade 1 charges.

I suggest if you’re that unhappy, that maybe you follow the AFL or the "A" league.

This was not just an isolated incident, it has happened many times and players have been charged with a reckless grade 1 charge.

Maybe your hate of Hayne and the Eels for beating your side this year and maybe knocking them out has made you think that Hayne should get extra time on the sideline and not cop the same as many others this year.

Maybe your hatred is clouding your views.

Still it's all over, I agree that Hayne deserved a grade 1 charge and he was not let off scott free.

Old 27-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #53
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

Quote:
What do you mean CAN?

NRL and the Storm have been in Melbourne for 10 years. You would think that with the club being in Melbourne for 10 year it would be more than CAN support.
People I talk to in Melbourne are very supportive of the Storm and they will go and watch the games, even though they live and breathe AFL. The only drawback I hear is that because for most it is a family affair, night time games can be too late for young kids etc.

Quote:
While the Storm does get support in Melbourne and that’s great. I kind of see if like the Swans in Sydney. They get support while they are doing well and get monster crowds, when things are not so well; the support is more fair weathered.
Is that similiar to when the NRL teams in Sydney get a few thousand to a local match? Or when Phil Gould got on the Footy show a few years ago to ask the Sydney fans to get behind Origin, because tickets were still available a week out from the game! No need to do that in QLD. We would sell out every Origin win loose or draw. Even Melbourne got right behind Game one this year. Sydney crowds seem to only swell rarely.

Quote:
Still they should have played the game at the MCG last night. Then I guess it would have been a sell out and surpassed the Friday night Sydney game.
No, no guess work required. It would have.

Quote:
I am also sure the game will grow more once they manage to develop a local junior, a player the locals can truly claim as one of their own.
Agreed, and then look out!

Quote:
Honestly I really see the Storm as another Queensland side.
And in that comment lies the entire problem. If a team is not from Sydney, no matter what they do to promote the game, they are considered nothing more that a paying outsider.
Old 27-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #54
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

I have made my views known and I will not turn this thread into a childish slag off.

Again you do not know me or my views on the game. I am all for the game to grow and moving interstate.

Infact I have a huge soft spot for the Cowboys, I would also like a team or 3 dropped from Sydney and maybe a full time team on the central coast and maybe another try at a perth team (who did manage to provide it's very own first grade player)

Again you dont know me and only my views on Jarrad Hayne and his Grade 1 charge.

I will leave it at that.

Ciao

Mark

Old 27-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #55
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Omfg we did it again : : :

4th Grand Final, i so can't wait for next Sunday to Come,

Ells, you might've won all the finals up til the grand Final but there storm is coming for you , and there is no way your going smash us like you did to your opponents, as Brisbane found out last night

Go Storm
Old 27-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #56
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

Rallyart

I think the Storm are a very good chance. Personally I think that Greg Ingis will really carve up Eric Grothe jnr as he has been caught out so many times in defence. Parramatta will also really need to slow the play the ball down. Bulldogs looked the most dangerous Friday night with quick play the balls.

If the Storm win, I will still leave the game happy. My team were looking at the spoon mid way through the season after they were beaten by the Sharks and Roosters and I think to come from that to make the finals was a wonderful effort.

Still I will not get to cocky, anything can happen on the day and both teams are a chance to win. Just Melbourne are a much better chance in my opinion. Still they were a strong chance last year as well.

Good luck to both teams and I will enjoy watching the game thanks to family in Melbourne, who are also Storm fans. They managed to get me and my wife 2 tickets, so we will enjoy the grand finla live with them be it they are Storm Supporters.

Old 27-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #57
Teflon Turbo
Banned

it's all in good spirit fellas.

last thing i want to do is open up a can of worms, oops, i mean eels

may the best team win!
Old 27-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #58
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Rallyart

I think the Storm are a very good chance. Personally I think that Greg Ingis will really carve up Eric Grothe jnr as he has been caught out so many times in defence. Parramatta will also really need to slow the play the ball down. Bulldogs looked the most dangerous Friday night with quick play the balls.

If the Storm win, I will still leave the game happy. My team were looking at the spoon mid way through the season after they were beaten by the Sharks and Roosters and I think to come from that to make the finals was a wonderful effort.

Still I will not get to cocky, anything can happen on the day and both teams are a chance to win. Just Melbourne are a much better chance in my opinion. Still they were a strong chance last year as well.

Good luck to both teams and I will enjoy watching the game thanks to family in Melbourne, who are also Storm fans. They managed to get me and my wife 2 tickets, so we will enjoy the grand finla live with them be it they are Storm Supporters.

^ sweet, i was really surprised about the eels making it this far in the finals, the biggest shock ive ever witnessed in the nrl finals , good luck to both teams next Sunday
Old 27-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #59
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

Mate, trust me you would not have been as surprised as I was. Again to make 8th place made me so happy and any win after that was a bonus.

Honestly, it still does not feel like they have made the grand final, and that is because the poor start and mid season they had.

It should be a blinder and the best team will win.

Old 27-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #60
kenz
BOSS Pilot

I think after last nights performance the Storm seem to have a slight edge to get the win but anythings possible. Go Qld Storm errrr Melb Storm I mean

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post