Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #31
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

A big problem is that everyone is looking at the Government to stop these things happening ( School deaths & Road deaths) ..Whilst they do need to lift their game , the sad thing is that there is no acountabilty from parents / gaurdians, we live in a world that keeps waiting for others to clean up our mess..
We all need to take responsibilty for our Kids and the way they behave....we along with law & Government need to try and stop this madness...but as usual , everyone will blame the governament or police or schools..but no one will look at the kids upbringing and see th root cause ..what makes a 13 yr old think that this is the way to deal with things???? ..Look at the other case of a Mother stabbing another mother at a Public school in Sefton yesterday as well...what message is that sending to young kids ?????
Its a real shame that all these kids are dying and no one is actually getting the message ...pay attention to your kids and look for this sort of behaviour....we have them (kids) , they are our responsibilty , wether we want that or not....

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
GTJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #32
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddyxe51
Not enough of the wooden spooning anymore.
How can you even suggest something so barbaric <-- insert sarcastic voice here.

Mate you have it in one. Bring back disipline at home and canes at school.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #33
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2TE50#134
How can you even suggest something so barbaric <-- insert sarcastic voice here.

Mate you have it in one. Bring back disipline at home and canes at school.
Isn't this just teaching them that violence with a weapon is OK? Your teaching your child a lesson, I know, it's not violence.

"I am going to teach this kid a lesson at school today, I think I will use a weapon like my parents did on me."

Just because most people on AFF turned out "OK (used loosely)" doesn't mean all those that are in prison, mental hospitals etc. did. The only difference in todays society is when these people are caught, they aren't sent to jail anymore like they used to be by the courts.

Here is a better idea? Actually having some parenting skills, sitting down and talking out problems with children, getting involved in thier lives from a young stage, this teaches them that when something needs to be sorted out, we talk it out, not fight it out?

Monkey see, Monkey do. When brains of someone who is still growing up is involved (ie. 0 - 21 years of age) then what the monkey see's can be taken the wrong way. AKA, my first paragraph.

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddy200
Isn't this just teaching them that violence with a weapon is OK? Your teaching your child a lesson, I know, it's not violence.

"I am going to teach this kid a lesson at school today, I think I will use a weapon like my parents did on me."

Just because most people on AFF turned out "OK (used loosely)" doesn't mean all those that are in prison, mental hospitals etc. did. The only difference in todays society is when these people are caught, they aren't sent to jail anymore like they used to be by the courts.

Here is a better idea? Actually having some parenting skills, sitting down and talking out problems with children, getting involved in thier lives from a young stage, this teaches them that when something needs to be sorted out, we talk it out, not fight it out?

Monkey see, Monkey do. When brains of someone who is still growing up is involved (ie. 0 - 21 years of age) then what the monkey see's can be taken the wrong way. AKA, my first paragraph.
Well the big social experiment of the last 30 years with no punishment, no competition, no winners and no losers seems to have turned out not so well, has it......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #35
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well the big social experiment of the last 30 years with no punishment, no competition, no winners and no losers seems to have turned out not so well, has it......
Well responded flappist.
Old 16-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #36
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:

Here is a better idea? Actually having some parenting skills, sitting down and talking out problems with children, getting involved in their lives from a young stage, this teaches them that when something needs to be sorted out, we talk it out, not fight it out?

Yes because a 10yo has reasoning capacity of an adult, clearly this has worked over the past 20-30 years.

We have parents to scared to show their child right from wrong, and instead the naughty corner is their room complete with Xbox and 42" big screen...

Mistakes are as only as small as their outcomes cause, and the dumbing down of the population, holding no one accountable or in the other cases EVERYONE accountable is clearly not helping us as a society.

I got the strap, got the wooden spoon threatened and had the "wait for your father to get home" chat and it taught me respect, and the fact of life is that whatever you do will have consequences, good or bad, you learn right from wrong... and life goes on.

Its monkey see, monkey replicate and monkey has no one to answer to at the moment.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #37
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I said nothing about the other aspects, only that treating violence with violence isn't the only answer.

Using the strap or the wooden spoon still breed dysfunctional people, otherwise prisons wouldn't have ever been built.

As I mentioned, the only difference of todays society is the justice system. You can have a suspended jail term for unlicenced driving and only get the same for assult? I am sure you have said it before, if people see you can be jailed for for years on an assult charge, they will be less inclined to do it, what they see now, is a community based order.

I would just like to add, that smacking a child is still legal, using a "tool" isn't.

19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet

Last edited by Tuddy200; 16-02-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 16-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #38
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
Imagine sending your kid boy off to school for the day, to a private school, and something like this happened to him. Bloody sad day.
It would be the most awful thing ever, beyond comprehension really
Old 16-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #39
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzer
Maybe we should introduce tougher laws to deal with this behaviour? Call it 'FOON' laws, any kids found to have stabbed another will have the knife impounded for 48 hours.
My sister in law was discussing the incident with us last night ( fwiw..we know a number of children at the school in the 12-13 age group )
She mentioned that the child care group that she works at had an issue ( love that euphemism ) with a 4 year old. He was running around the play area with
a plastic container, similar to a toothbrush holder, threatening violence.
They confiscated the item and discovered an old strop razor inside the container. Age 4...

Steve
fangq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #40
kezzer

Thats fairly bad mate, 4??? My response above was just a dig at the government, not quote worthy, as I've already heard suggestions of metal detectors at schools being implemented!!!
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #41
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzer
Thats fairly bad mate, 4??? My response above was just a dig at the government, not quote worthy, as I've already heard suggestions of metal detectors at schools being implemented!!!
Trouble with metal detectors etc is that after hours, there is nothing to stop a kid hiding a weapon at the school.
Steve
fangq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 12:00 AM   #42
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Scary stuff. You wonder what the cause is for this insanity.

Anybody have any idea when the next installment of GTA is due out?

Quote:
1)............. Isn't this just teaching them that violence with a weapon is OK? Your teaching your child a lesson, I know, it's not violence.

2)........ Here is a better idea? Actually having some parenting skills, sitting down and talking out problems with children, getting involved in thier lives from a young stage, this teaches them that when something needs to be sorted out, we talk it out, not fight it out?

Point two is spot on.

If it takes time/perseverance/patience/knowledge/training/sacrifice/etc to manage any difficult occupation of some sought, then what can be said about having the most important job on the planet??

Monkey see monkey do is quite an old saying, very easy to understand, very hard to implement. We'd need to change our thoughts, habits and ideals before we expect these "sponges" to improve in any way.

Point 1, I see where you're coming from. It is wrong when there's no proper action/planning as you point out in point two. In fact if your second point was implemented in a household/community there would hardly be any need for stick.

They say with more police there's less violence. It's the other way around: With more responsibility coming from the individual's level there's less need for police/government band-aid solutions.

Who threw out the owner's manual to their newly purchased vehicle?
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 12:35 AM   #43
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My condolences to the family of this poor boy, whose young life was cut way too short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
20 years ago when I was 14-15, the bullying I endured was so bad I was THIS close to taking my dad's .38 to school with me. Not to use, but to frighten. In my mind, the bullies certainly deserved it. Yes, I freely admit this, to show how messed-up I was back then because of bullying.
It's because of this that I feel so strongly for the victims of bullying.

And yes, in case you're wondering, my parents didn't shy away from corporal punishment, so "bringing back the wooden spoon" isn't a realistic solution to this problem.

You may have considered taking a weapon, but you didn't. Maybe the punishment you had had taught you right from wrong, and also that there are consequences for actions.

Corporal punishment, (yes I recieved alot of it, and am also a supporter of it), is only part of the solution. Parents also need a more active role in child raising. The whole parenting method has changed.

Now they (children) start daycare just after birth, dropped of at 7:00am picked up at 6:00 pm, given Mcdonalds on the way home, and then put to bed.

I have heard of kids starting school and not yet being toilet trained. Kids turning up to school with no food. Parents expecting everyone else to do their job for them.

Parents need to make time to be with their kids. Play with them, teach them new things, shape their lives and the people they would like them to be. Kids don't care if Mum and Dad drive the new BMW, and have the biggest house in the street. Work less, spend more time with kids.

People blame the Government. That is partly true. The Government listened to simple minded do-gooders and made changes to the law that affected parents rights to discipline. Mainly because some parents went too far. However, alot of parents took that as a reason to do absolutely nothing in regards to raising their own children.

So, the next step our well informed Government took; Hand out a plasma bonus to any idiot having a kid. There is some great insight.

Parents and government are both to blame. I try to spend as much time with my children as I can, my wife is a stay at home mum. I will punish my children for doing wrong things as they get older, and heaven help anybody who dare knock on my door to tell me otherwise.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 12:42 AM   #44
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

We have let things go too far, too PC. I know violence isn't the answer, but sometimes, when you have exhausted several options actions speak louder than words.

Go to your local school and offer to do some volunteer work etc. Sorry, but children / adults generally stay in line due to the fear of the consequences should they step out of line. Remove that fear, and you will find that the amount of people who muck up will increase.

My partner is a kindy teacher in a private school. Just today she has bruised arms from a yr1 child... yes, a 6 year old. He decided that he should run across a busy 4 lane road after school and not listen to her calls for him to return to the bus stop. She gave chase, grabbed him and he fought back.

After a kicking / spitting / screaming and swearing stint that went on for 6 minutes they finally made it to the principals office. The principal had to help restrain him now as by this time my partner was getting tired.

The principal has nice scratches down her forearms that drew blood.

So, while this was happening, this child was DEMANDING what these 2 adults can and couldn't do to him. Anyway, his mum turned up eventually and he has a few days off school to 'think' about his actions.

This goes on every day. There is no fear, so there is no second thought for your bad actions, I mean, after all... what's the worst that could happen? You will get a stern talking to, perhaps some time out, a visit to the principals office (if they are available), both parents at work etc etc etc.

If the cane / strap whatever was used in class as a final resort, there would be a lot less of this sort of thing. You give your warnings, 1st, 2nd, 3rd chances, but lets face it, people really knew they crossed the line when they have a tanned hide and felt pain from their actions.

Hell, I can't even punish kids at lunch by making them pick up papers any more, God forbid take away some of 'their' playtime at recess / lunch...

If you ask me, the little darling from above needed a bloody good belting. Every 'old school' teacher I know tells me of the days of larger classes, a fear of parents and authority... and generally well behaved children.

I know that we can't always refer to the past, but geeze if things were better in the past than they are now, we really need to be questioning what we are doing differently today to make the current situation worse.

Oh... why did he initially decide to run across the road and not listen to the teacher.

Because he wanted to.....
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 12:54 AM   #45
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
I have heard of kids starting school and not yet being toilet trained. Kids turning up to school with no food. Parents expecting everyone else to do their job for them.
What you have heard is correct, and the tip of the iceberg. At my school I have been asked to help with kindy orientation on a few occasions.

Children not knowing their last names, not being able to count in order to 5, not being able to match ANY spoken letters to their written form, being able to speak a foreign language better than English, even though they were born here etc etc etc.

Won't go on and on as I don't want to hijack the thread, but rest assured that things are getting worse....
Old 17-02-2010, 01:07 AM   #46
zdcol71
zdcol71

"Hell, I can't even punish kids at lunch by making them pick up papers any more, God forbid take away some of 'their' playtime at recess / lunch..."

So my question is, "why can't you???"
Everybody says "this is not right, and that's not right" If we're all so concerned about how bad the kids are ,why don't we just grab the little bas@#!%s and give them the frights of their lives they have probably had coming to them. I have been left physically injured when I have abused a bunch of school kids carrying on like extras from "Lord of the Flies" on the way home from school, but have also probably scared some kids into acting a little more responsibly on the way home as well. There was a time when a citizen could make a legitimate arrest.(and as an arrest I mean for things like "causing affray") I am not advocating any form of vigilance,but if we are all concerned about PC, and rights as parents/citizens, let's start pushing back a little
Old 17-02-2010, 01:37 AM   #47
BHDOGS
Banned

Perhaps like every other government owned building and institute a security guard stationed at every public school would be a good start perhaps one whose even been specially trained to deal with kids and there ****************.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #48
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

this is so sad,

its only getting worse.
when i got in trouble at school my parents would cracked down on me. id be more worried about them finding out then anything.

now all i here is about parents going to to the school and abusing teachers/principles about how there child wouldn't do such a thing. attitudes like this make these kids feel like everything they do is fine and there is no consequences.

TS50 Build
mr_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #49
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I am not going to enter this smack or not to smack debate too much as I do not believe this is the time nor place to do this. What happened at the school the other day is just astounding and after listening to my daughter tell me about lock down drills they practiced on the same day, makes me really lose faith in the world in which me live.

I realise that some here are pro physical punishment, I am against it completely. To the point I will not allow it in my house on anything that lives and breathes, that is not open to discussion.

My concern with physical punishment is where is the clear line between punishment and abuse. I challenge anyone here to come up with guidelines that give parents 100% reliable guidance on what constitutes punishment and what is abuse. For example, is the open hand on the backside fair punishment? What if that one hit causes a spinal fracture and disc damage (due to an unknown congenital weakness) that results in that child being crippled with severe chronic back pain for the rest of their life (I go to a lady frequently that this happened to), is this one hit now abuse or is it reasonable?

Where do you go when the child becomes conditioned to a smack and laughs at you, do you hit harder, do you get a stick, do you hit them over the head? At what point does that escalation become abuse? Think back to when smacking was socially acceptable, we all have memories of seeing a mum smack a kid and the kid ignores her/laughs at her, so she hits him again but harder and still no response so the punishment escalates again, at what point did that punishment become abuse.

Unfortunately I was raised in a house where the punishment started off "reasonable" but due to many factors became very abusive, abuse in the extreme actually. I am not going into details on a public forum but lets just say that although the scars fade with time, the memories stay forever. So to does the depression and the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, nightmares, loss of memory etc.

As for the good old days when you could give a kid a smack and it worked, the jails are full of people in their 30's and 40's that were smacked as kids. My Father was the child of a man that was strict and often gave his kids a smack. My Father has spent his whole life in jail and actually earned himself a reputation escaping custody (3 times by 1973 when he escaped Fremantle Prison). Gee it worked for him! How many serial killers, murderers, rapists, drug users were smacked as kids? I bet most of them. Did they turn out the way they did because they were smacked or because they weren't smacked hard enough.

As for Flappist claiming the "social experiment" has failed, how can you tell? How do we know that more kids would not be stabbed or shot at school if we were still allowed to beat them? The was no control group operating under old methods in which to compare results and therefore his statement is anecdotal at best and can not be proved or disproved. Perhaps it is not the fact that kids are no longer hit that has failed, perhaps it is the fact that at the loss of that, parents will not give other methods a good try and instead just throw their hands in the air and claim its not their fault their kid is bad, they are not "allowed" to do anything about it.

My point is, there are other methods, they do work in my experience but the problem is they do require more time with your child and more effort from the parent. Maybe that is where the problem is, smacking is easier!
Old 17-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #50
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Anyway, his mum turned up eventually and he has a few days off school to 'think' about his actions.
See now that pi$$es me off. I've had my 6 y/o son sent to the "responsible thinking chair"
He's only bloody 6 if he could think responsibly he wouldn't be there in the 1st place.

Quote:
If the cane / strap whatever was used in class as a final resort, there would be a lot less of this sort of thing. You give your warnings, 1st, 2nd, 3rd chances, but lets face it, people really knew they crossed the line when they have a tanned hide and felt pain from their actions.
This be the biggest problem is that we are raising a generation of children/young adults/future leaders of our country
with no understanding of the consequences of their actions.

Quote:
Hell, I can't even punish kids at lunch by making them pick up papers any more, God forbid take away some of 'their' playtime at recess / lunch...
Seriously.... as in you literally aren't allowed????
Old 17-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #51
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

Not sure wether it has made the news yet...but a Young child in Sydney's West had a knife confiscated at School yesterday as well...Not to sure of the age group , but was between 10 - 12 yrs old ....
Lessons not being learnt ..well not the right ones anyway

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
GTJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #52
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...-knife-threat/
Old 17-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #53
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

My condolences to the family of the boy who was stabbed. Tragic event to happen at a school.

I wonder how many parents jumped on the band wagon of it's the schools fault etc. compared to how many parents sat thier children down of a similar age, discussed this event and re-enforced the message that this is not on etc?

Old 17-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #54
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva

WTF? 2004-2009 I was at Highschool and we were still able to be "forced" into picking up rubbish, otherwise we'd get suspended if we "disobeyed" an order from a teacher.

In primary school, if we had no hat during the summer months, that meant all of recess and lunch time sitting near the canteen in the shade.

Even if we did no wrong we still had to pick them up if teachers asked us to, I didn't mind that though because they where generally nice about it because the teachers had a deal going between them where one lunchtime a week they had "yard duty" where'd they go for half of lunch time and pick up papers and ask us to help them out, usually you'd get my english teacher coming up and having conversations with us haha.

Timeout was stupid though, you'd get sent to time out for the whole period, in a room with other kids and if you had Mr Graef, he'd let you talk to each other and tell us world war II stories.

Internal suspension was a total ********** though, it was you'd get picked up after assembly with a few other kids and spent the whole day in this small room with 3 or 4 of you just doing work, you werent allowed to talk and your recess and lunch times where during everybody elses classes so you couldn't talk to or see your friends.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #55
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Please don't think I'm treating this terrible situation at all light hearted... But some of the below rings SO true!

1957 vs. 2010

Scenario :
Jack goes rabbit shooting before school,
pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's
rifle, goes to his car and gets his rifle & chats
with Jack about guns.

2010 - School goes into lock down, Star Force called,
Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or
gun again.. Counsellors called in for traumatized
students and teachers.
Scenario:
Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark
shake hands and end up buddies.

2010 - Police called, arrests Johnny and Mark Charge
them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny
started it. Both children go to anger management
programs for 3 months. School board hold meeting to
impliment bullying prevention programs

Scenario:
Robbie won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1957 - Robbie sent to office and given 6 of the best
by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and
does not disrupt class again.

2010 - Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a
zombie. Tested for ADD. Robbie's parents get
fortnightly disability payments and School gets extra
funding from state because Robbie has a disability.

Scenario :
Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his
Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up
normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful
businessman.

2010 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy
removed to foster care and joins a gang. State
psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers
being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.

Scenario :
Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark gets glass of water from Principal to take
aspirin with.

2010 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for
drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario :
Pedro fails high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and
goes to college.

2010 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper
articles appear nationally explaining that teaching
English as a requirement for graduation is racist.
AFRE files class action lawsuit against state school
system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned
from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma
anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because
he cannot speak English.

Scenario :
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from Guy
Fawkes, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle,
blows up a bullant nest.

1957 - Ants die.

2010- State Police, Star Force, Federal Police &
Anti-terrorism Squad called. Johnny charged with
domestic terrorism, Feds investigate parents, siblings
removed from home, computers confiscated Johnny's Dad
goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to
fly again.

Scenario :
Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes
his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary .
Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes
on playing.

2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and
loses her job. She faces 3 years in Prison. Johnny
undergoes 5 years of therapy.
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #56
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Also about kids not speaking English when they get to school, speaking foreign languages. My Dad didn't speak English until he went to school and learned how and he was born here. They spoke Italian only at home.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #57
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
Please don't think I'm treating this terrible situation at all light hearted... But some of the below rings SO true!

1957 vs. 2010

Scenario :
Jack goes rabbit shooting before school,
pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's
rifle, goes to his car and gets his rifle & chats
with Jack about guns.

2010 - School goes into lock down, Star Force called,
Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or
gun again.. Counsellors called in for traumatized
students and teachers.
Scenario:
Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark
shake hands and end up buddies.

2010 - Police called, arrests Johnny and Mark Charge
them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny
started it. Both children go to anger management
programs for 3 months. School board hold meeting to
impliment bullying prevention programs

Scenario:
Robbie won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1957 - Robbie sent to office and given 6 of the best
by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and
does not disrupt class again.

2010 - Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a
zombie. Tested for ADD. Robbie's parents get
fortnightly disability payments and School gets extra
funding from state because Robbie has a disability.

Scenario :
Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his
Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up
normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful
businessman.

2010 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy
removed to foster care and joins a gang. State
psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers
being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.

Scenario :
Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark gets glass of water from Principal to take
aspirin with.

2010 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for
drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario :
Pedro fails high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and
goes to college.

2010 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper
articles appear nationally explaining that teaching
English as a requirement for graduation is racist.
AFRE files class action lawsuit against state school
system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned
from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma
anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because
he cannot speak English.

Scenario :
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from Guy
Fawkes, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle,
blows up a bullant nest.

1957 - Ants die.

2010- State Police, Star Force, Federal Police &
Anti-terrorism Squad called. Johnny charged with
domestic terrorism, Feds investigate parents, siblings
removed from home, computers confiscated Johnny's Dad
goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to
fly again.

Scenario :
Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes
his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary .
Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes
on playing.

2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and
loses her job. She faces 3 years in Prison. Johnny
undergoes 5 years of therapy.

Some of it may ring true but most of it is pure utter crap made up by someone that is trying to be funny but has absolutely no idea.
Old 18-02-2010, 12:49 AM   #58
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2TE50#134
Seriously.... as in you literally aren't allowed????
Yes mate... I work at a few schools, and one of them has banned the collection of rubbish as a punishment...

Off to yr 6 camp tomorrow ;) I have more fun than the kids and get paid for it :
Old 18-02-2010, 01:45 AM   #59
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is all this stuff actually happening more , or is it getting more exposure with the internet,blogs,newspapers,radio, news . God knows how many stabbing used to happen most times the news would be kept private or swepped under the rug to protect the family's or schools reputation.

My point is its a bad thing to happen , but i would bet good money its not the first time its happened .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 02:08 AM   #60
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy
Is all this stuff actually happening more , or is it getting more exposure with the internet,blogs,newspapers,radio, news . God knows how many stabbing used to happen most times the news would be kept private or swepped under the rug to protect the family's or schools reputation.

My point is its a bad thing to happen , but i would bet good money its not the first time its happened .

Of course it isn't, there were knives and knife wounds in fights at my high school 25 years ago, and we got smacked!