Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #31
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What would you do?

I can’t really visualise what you are saying, so not sure how you know it has had this problem from the factory? From the description it sounds obvious (even to me) that it certainly wasn’t changed or checked last service, but beyond that?
Anyhoo, I assume you’re correct. Since you are so far from the dealer currently, and they are by definition a bunch of dodgy, dishonest ****ers, plus you clearly feel so gutted by this, I suggest that you don’t bother phaffing around with that dealer any more.
Get rid of the car, you don’t want to be waiting for it to explode.
Tell them that since the car was defective when they sold it to you, and they have missed several opportunities to rectify the defect, you wish to exercise your rights under the Trade Practices Act to return the car for a FULL refund. Threaten them with a complaint to Ford and ACA, etc. In the end, be willing to accept a GENEROUS offer from them to buy back the car. Take the cash, buy your better half something else.
If they won’t come to the party with said generous offer, take it up with Ford, and if you feel up to it, ACA, they lap up “dodgy dealer” stories like yours.
Old 30-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #32
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lightbulb Re: What would you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
I use a Nikko pen and mark in tiny letters in a hidden spot my initials on the fuel, air, and oil filters if we have to take a car (for example, to keep a warrantee) to a dealership or even somewhere like Ultratune.
It's not that I don't trust them...but...I don't...
hmm, good idea. mine is going in for it's 75,000 service shortly, so i might do that.
Old 30-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #33
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
The car had the problem from factory, I found the problem last Thursday arvo.

I don't have to prove anything, the filter is black and ajar, and has been like that for a very long time.

I have a receipt to say it was changed 3 weeks ago.

Bit hard to take it straight back, it's a 950km trip.

Dealer service manager has called, claimed they are very much responsible and are deeply embarrassed and regretful.

No leg to stand on? You sure?
If you have a resolution and they will admit liability , that's great
The main problem nowadays is people aren't taught the correct way to do things
For example if a book says its a 9 litre engine oil and filter change,99 % will change filter tip in 9 litres and she be apps
Hardly anyone, starts the engine,lets cool and checks the thing called a dipstick and adjust fluid to suit
Its the same with tranny services, whatever the book says
I was taught from an early age never to over fill things, yet most car services I bet engines and trannies are over full,as they aren't checked

Congrats on your resolution,hope its works out
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #34
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
No real excuses then that I can think of.

Dealers only trust other dealers, so speak to yours and see if they will authorise Wignall Ford to replace it for you to get you out of trouble
Hey Ratter, I was just going to send you a PM to say thanks for the offer / suggestion but it seems I cannot send you a PM.

I didn't follow through with it as it was my last day in Melb and I didn't want to spend another day stuffing around with the car. I went out with the wife for a drive in the countryside / winerys using my mates car to get my mind off things....

I'm still dealing with dealership directly to work things out in my favour.

Cheers,

Jason

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #35
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Sorry mate, I have my PM's turned off.

At least ask your dealer if they will get Wignall or another local dealer to get a filter in it for you.

Hope you are enjoying the lovely countryside around the peninsula

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #36
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I have an update on this situation... it still isn't resolved.

Ford CRC helped at first, they (person 1) called me to say to try my best with the customer service person at the dealer, then a different person called me (person 2) after I sent an email saying I was getting nowhere with the dealer (rude treatment, no answers to my questions). Person 2 listened to my demands (they were not over the top) and agreed they they were reasonable and told me she would get back to me in a day or 2 with a day I can get my car looked at at my local Dealership.

I email after 4 days and CRC person 1 called back to say I was on my own and Ford CRC have nothing to do with the dealership and my problem was between myself and them. She told me that she had already spoken to person 2, then put me on hold, then told me she needs to call me back due to some confusion at their end.

She called me back, this time telling me that what Person 2 agreed to was NOT ok, and that my only option was to take my car back to my original dealership, the place that caused the problems in the first place.

What I agreed to:
* Refund on service
* Replcement of air filter
* Inspection of air intake
* Injector cleaner
* Replacement of damaged steering wheel that was knocked back 5 weeks out of warranty.

Ok. No worries.

Was given the name of the 'go to' person at the service centre who would be looking after me. I arrive on time, 'go to' person isn't there. Another guy says he is looking after me. Sits me down. Reads the job sheet and tells me if I want to hang around while they do the work or go for a walk and wait for them to call.

I mentioned some of the work that was to be done, and then the guy had a very confused look on his face. All his sheet said was to change the steering wheel.....

Counted to 5, took a deep breath... asked when the 'go to' guy was arriving. "Some time in the morning". Ok, well there is a little more work that was promised to me so I strongly suggested he call me the moment he walks through the door. I walked to the station to go to work.

Got a call. His list was also short, but after a bit of a jogging of his memory he recalls the stuff the customer relations person told him he had to do to my car. Still didn't know about the filter needing to be changed.

Go to collect the car. All work done, but no paperwork given to me regarding the cleaning / testing work they did.

They changed the steering wheel under warranty. They replaced my leather clad one with a vinyl one. (When the custome relations person emailed me, she told me that she had trouble finding the exact wheel for my car, and told me that there were 2 options, one that came up as 'un-available' and a black one. I told her my wheel is black, so I assume the black one is for my car).

At no point was material mentioned.

Drove the car home as I wasn't in a state of mind to question again why they are screwing me around... Got home, turned the car off and it shook like it stalled...

Waited a few days in the hope that the shake would go away. It didn't. Every time the car turns off it shakes pretty bad, like it's stalling the second before it turns off. It did that before, but only a few times, say once every month or 2. Or there would be a few months where it never happened. It is now getting worse, and the car is taking 1 extra crank to start as of 2 days ago....

I get an email from the customer relations person to see If I'm happy. I explain that the dealer fitted the wrong wheel and that the car shakes when turned off.

Her response "I gave you 2 options, and you chose the one we gave you", and that I need to again call the 'go to' person to look at the shaking problem.

I replied, with much anger as, well to be brutally honest I'm getting sick to death of this. I told her that she short changed me by choosing a cheaper spec wheel and that the wheel MUST still be available as Ford are required to keep parts for 10 years... I didnt say it so nicely but.

She replied, 'Call the "go to" guy in servive and he will address your concerns'.

So... I called, left a msg and no call back. Waited a day or to and we come to today. Called again and I explained my 2 concerns... this time, he was forwarded the email I sent to the customer relations person. His reply:

"That stuff you say about 10 years is untrue mate. Ford don't need to keep parts that long. You see, many parts from cars become obsolete very quickly, and you were told that the wheel we fitted was the only one, so that the one you chose. Anyway, your concern was the peeling of the chrome trim, and we fixed that".

Are you kidding me..... My car has been out of production, what.. 18 months? 2 years (2010 Focus)...

As for the shuddering, bring it in and we will investigate. They may have missed something in the intake, or not connected a pipe or the air filter correctly.....

This whole situation is really such a joke. I'm now tempted to get my tools and check the air box again and take some pictures if need be .. just in case.

What triggered this whole situation??? An air filter that was never inspected during routine servicing, and never replaced when I paid for it to be replaced.

By the way, this is what I found when I opened the air box in Melbourne:

Sorry... I just need to vent. This whole situation is an absolute joke....

Old 04-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #37
janddbone
B1 - J & D Services
Donating Member1

It is just disgraceful and look at all the bloody dust that would have got in the air intake!!!!!
1999 Subaru Imprezza Sportwagon
1998 Holden Suburban 2500
1995 Land Rover Discovery TDI
1994 XG XR6 Longreach
1983 Holden Rodeo
1975 Datsun 120Y wagon
1970 MG Midget
1967 Rover 2000TC
Soon: Model T.
janddbone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #38
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The thing about that filter is the guy who did it had to have known. I mean, I can understand him scrunching it up while trying to fit it, but you can hardly put the lid on without noticing what you've done... If that's indicative of the dealership's approach, then it's probably not surprising you aren't getting anywhere.

This sort of thing only erodes Ford's diminishing market share. I'm surprised they aren't doing anything. Any chance you can get to someone higher up the Ford Central food chain?

EDIT: Not sure if it's something you would want to do, but sometimes just the mention of lawyers causes a distinct change of attitude.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.

Last edited by In Focus; 04-06-2013 at 11:59 PM.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #39
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's pretty shocking service.
Sounds like the engine is "dieseling" after shut off, possibly the timing is out?
Maybe try a battery reset?
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #40
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Just got off the phone with my local Ford parts supplier...

Leather clad wheel $1100 retail

Vinyl clad wheel $220 retail.

Both in stock, both available overnight from Melb, both clearly state material in description.... Lying through their teeth trying to short change me. Seems I was bloody right.

Back to CRC I go.....

3 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #41
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

this is disgraceful!

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #42
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
this is disgraceful!
It is, isn't it.....

I have sent a more direct and strongly worded email to the person helping me from Ford CRC. Lets see what they come back with this time.

I have also tried to PM / email 'Ford PR' but that is not allowed.

This whole situation has become such a joke it's actually beyond belief.

Never again......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 05-06-2013 at 10:20 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #43
AU Mont
Banned

what was wrong with the steering wheel?
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #44
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont View Post
what was wrong with the steering wheel?
The chrome garnish was chipped / flaking off....

I didn't want a whole new wheel, and told them I was happy if they could just replace the bit that was damaged but it seems you cannot order just the chrome garnish and that a whole replacement wheel was required.

Stupid design on Fords behalf. Needing to replace a whole wheel for such a small cheap component.

I raised it at the last service 5 weeks out of warranty and they told me they had contacted Ford who declined the warranty repair. Turns out they did no such thing.

Prior to me contacting Ford CRC regarding the dodgy service they told me the correct wheel was available at $1100 and would go ahead with the repair only if I chipped in $300.

Bit ironic, don't you think that a month after that offer the same person didn't know what wheel my car required (there is only one type), and that the more expensive one was all of a sudden 'not available' and the cheaper one was ordered when they were footing the bill.

Having said that, the paperwork stated 'Warranty'.. so was it Ford or the dealership paying for it?

Still awaiting the response from Ford.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #45
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

You might have already mentioned but who is the Ford Dealer again? Others may want to avoid them.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #46
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

That is effin ridiculous.

I know its cliche and what have you but start mentioning media (ACA, TT) and with the way Ford is portrayed in the media with the manufacturing shutdown at the moment with more bad press you might get alot of leeway.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #47
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
The chrome garnish was chipped / flaking off....

I didn't want a whole new wheel, and told them I was happy if they could just replace the bit that was damaged but it seems you cannot order just the chrome garnish and that a whole replacement wheel was required.

Stupid design on Fords behalf. Needing to replace a whole wheel for such a small cheap component.

I raised it at the last service 5 weeks out of warranty and they told me they had contacted Ford who declined the warranty repair. Turns out they did no such thing.

Prior to me contacting Ford CRC regarding the dodgy service they told me the correct wheel was available at $1100 and would go ahead with the repair only if I chipped in $300.

Bit ironic, don't you think that a month after that offer the same person didn't know what wheel my car required (there is only one type), and that the more expensive one was all of a sudden 'not available' and the cheaper one was ordered when they were footing the bill.

Having said that, the paperwork stated 'Warranty'.. so was it Ford or the dealership paying for it?

Still awaiting the response from Ford.
Is the vinyl wheel the same as the leather one in style and trim?
Did you get back (or can you get back) your original wheel?

If yes to both Q's, can you fit the trimming from the vinyl wheel to the original leather wheel?
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #48
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

This is such a joke mate, i really genuinely feel sorry for you. After all the years of reading your posts and a few PM's about general things i take you as the kind of guy not to give up on something as "too hard". It's hard to believe that this has become so bad that you are over it. Don't let them win mate, fight it right to the end, they are counting on you not to wait it out till the end. Make this big, a current affair, today tonight, papers, make this dealership pay.

I'm passionate about this because of how i got screwed over with my old BA XR8 at Ford in Townsville. Watching a senior mechanic doing burnouts past me in MY car was not a fun experience. I made them pay and in the end they lost out on around $160,000 + in sales as when i got back from Afghanistan i told my mates not to buy there new fords from there. Word got around the Army base and they would have lost even more sales, i don't regret running there name into the mud for a second.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #49
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Is the vinyl wheel the same as the leather one in style and trim?
Did you get back (or can you get back) your original wheel?

If yes to both Q's, can you fit the trimming from the vinyl wheel to the original leather wheel?
Same wheel, same design, same shape bar the material used to cover it.

I asked what they would do with the old wheel and he said they toss it when dropping off.

When the guy called me back confirming the other work I asked if I could keep the wheel and he said they need to send the wheel to Melbourne due to it being a warranty item.

As I said, I told them if they could find a way to just replace the chrome trim I would be happy as the rest of the wheel was fine, that was not possible I was told.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #50
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

I just... I don't even....

Mention of lawyers/consumer affairs/ombuds usually puts a cracker where the monkey shoves its nuts, if it doesn't, follow through. You've obviously taken pics and have evidence to state they're useless as all hell, a letter from a solicitor might just give them a wake up call.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles mate.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #51
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
This is such a joke mate, i really genuinely feel sorry for you. After all the years of reading your posts and a few PM's about general things i take you as the kind of guy not to give up on something as "too hard". It's hard to believe that this has become so bad that you are over it. Don't let them win mate, fight it right to the end, they are counting on you not to wait it out till the end. Make this big, a current affair, today tonight, papers, make this dealership pay.

I'm passionate about this because of how i got screwed over with my old BA XR8 at Ford in Townsville. Watching a senior mechanic doing burnouts past me in MY car was not a fun experience. I made them pay and in the end they lost out on around $160,000 + in sales as when i got back from Afghanistan i told my mates not to buy there new fords from there. Word got around the Army base and they would have lost even more sales, i don't regret running there name into the mud for a second.
Thanks for the kind words and support... don't worry they will certainly not be getting off this lightly.

I have tried my best to be level headed but there is only so much I can take of this before I blow my stack. To think that we are told that taking the car to a dealer is your best option for good, reliable service and then see this happen is such a slap in the face to me, but also to the dealers who are honest.

Ford CRC got back to me this arvo to say it wass till out of their hands and that I need to arrange to see the DP (Even though I have made it clear I'm sick of dealing with them)...

Cheers again,

Jason

2 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #52
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy View Post
You might have already mentioned but who is the Ford Dealer again? Others may want to avoid them.
No... not yet....

Old 05-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #53
b2tf
not here much anymore

Utterly ridiculous. May pay to ask russellw to contact Ford PR (he can) and ask them to take a look at this thread.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #54
satria
FOXWHO

That's shocking mate, I'm a ford fan through and through but it really doesn't help reading a thread like this when I think about buying my next new car. I've only ever purchased 1 brand new car and it was a Mitsubishi and I've had great service from 3 dealers across 2 states so when I'm due to buy another new car next year I just get that gut feeling that I shouldn't fix what isn't broken if you know what I mean and stay with them.

I know it's wrong to think like this by tarnishing the whole brand because of 1 bad dealership but it's just the gut feeling I get. Pity too because I like a lot of Ford's new range.

Hope they sort that crap out for you!
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #55
MrsTyphoon
04 FPV F6

I worked for a major car company as a parts interpreter for 5 years and we had so many repair orders that came in listing an air filter as the mechanics said "Don't have time, don't worry about the air filter" except the product was still charged to their service bill. It's unfortunate but it happens... I'm not really sure what you can do in this instance besides contacting MTAA.
MrsTyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post