Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #31
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: E10

HEAPS of fuel stays in the lines etc. We had a chick at work put Unleaded fuel into one of our Diesel Hyundai i30's, then proceed to drive it 10km to site here. The fleet manager then drove the car out of the underground carpark, and onto the back of a tow truck to take it to Hyundai. End result? Flush the fuel lines, all sweet. $200.
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #32
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

o2 sensors do not work at wot and rhe ecu does not add spark so there will be no benefit iun using e10.

Remember what you have also been told, there are different octane levels of E10, e10 91 octane will have your car loose power, E10 100 octane could gain you power if tuned for it.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #33
You Yangs
Dunnydore Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
What you say is what we were promised to calm the masses when E10 was first introduced, ie, 'more for less - win win'. Only prblem is, all the Caltex servos I frequent, as well as the Mobil servos have E10 at 91 octane.....

Makes you wonder about the quality of the base fuel in E10 when you add an octane booster to get to 91....
Base fuel is supposed to be 91 so the sticker on the bowser is misleading.
91 +10% ethanol = up to 94 octane. This what it should read.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #34
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

some e10 will still be 91 octane (although most seem to say approx 94), which is why he has been told to check what sort of fuel he will be using if he does go that way

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,

Last edited by ratter; 03-06-2012 at 11:49 AM.
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #35
memnoch

just to be on the safe side i wont use it, wnat my car to go better on the day, not worse, so i'll be using what i always use, 98
memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #36
Kevaclone

The E10 fuel will be AT LEAST 91 octane
The Major Fuel Company terminals have injectors on the loading arms that pump normal ULP and ADD Ethanol at the same time, they don't have an E10 loading arm to load preblended E10

This is also the case with different types of fuel blends, injectors adding the additives to the base fuel at the loading arm. They have to do it this way otherwise they'd have to have 10 different loading arms in each bay

so the E10 will normally be above the 91 octane rating, as some have said around 94, though some companies claim 95 octane(United)
99 5.8M Profish plate alloy carport decoration
Kevaclone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #37
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

shell quotes it to be 94 for normal (E10) so i'd be assuming that as well. I'd stick with 98 octane you normally use for race day!! good luck!! hope you beat plenty of HSVs
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #38
memnoch

if the track is wet there will be plenty of holdons, cause i know they love the wet,, see them everywhere when its wet hahaha, thats the only time they can do burn outs lmao
memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #39
ams77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

our club is a member of the AOMC and in their newsletter they have a couple of articles (facts) about enthanol fuels. How can I post it here so that it can be used as a reference? My scanner won't scan to pdf but JPG. Do I just email it to one of the admins? Who? It might be of usefull interest as many of us have old classic cars who this fuel additive will impact most on.
thanks
*** For Sale *** Red Flame Auto Allan Moffat Special #280
ams77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #40
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Sorry to revive an old topic here, but i figured i'd do some searching before starting a new one. Has anyone had any experience with United's 98 E10 blend?
From my understanding it sounds like a good thing, and costs the same as regular 95 where i live.

There's no replacement for displacement!!!

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Bunyip04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #41
CdrTravis
Starter Motor

I used it regularly in my Evo X and have used it in my GT. As you say, it's about the same price as full fat 95.

You certainly don't get the same economy as full fat fuel, but it's not a huge difference.
CdrTravis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #42
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Yeah sounds about what i'd anticipated, i'll give it a crack for a coupla tanks and see how it goes, something different.

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Old 18-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #43
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

So i've almost gone thru a tank of 98 E10, (for anyone interested), i noticed a significant difference in responsiveness and pick up over BP Ultimate, only downside, (which a friend heeded me about) is that it's burned rather quickly, but that may be due to me being a little more heavy footed due to how the car responded to the fuel!! I rate it!! Can't wait to give it a crack on the track!!

Old 18-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #44
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I tried the United 100 octane in my car,90L tank and barely made it to Cooroy from Bundaberg- 240K's! Once at Cooroy i filled up with BP Ultimate for the next day return trip and got home with 1/3+ left in the tank, so i'll NEVER be using that cr@p again!!! (btw my car's 2100kg's and running a 500" stroker 440 six pack.) So the Ethanol rubbish MIGHT work better in a 'puterised modern car?
noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #45
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

I have had no problems with 98 E10 in the ute.
Thats all its had for 60000 Km.
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #46
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Ethanol gives off less energy when burned. The approximate BTU value of E10 fuel is 111,000 while the BTU value of regular gasoline is approximately 125,000. This means that burning one gallon of E10 will yield approximately 10% less power in perfect conditions.

Octane is another factor altogether different than ethanol, if you want to be a chance at the races then use non ethanol 98 octane.

As far as I'm concerned ethanol is just another green con job.

Last edited by cheap; 20-12-2012 at 09:41 AM.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #47
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^^How many beers you had today mate lol^^^^^

Look up E10 100 octane from United and see the results,they are more than worth it for me and will never go back to 98 again after the torque/power increase throughout the rev range.650cc injectors and 500kms+ to the tank from 65ltrs daily driving in the burbs with an average speed of 26kmh/r.
T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post