Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #31
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot xr6
I reckon FPV need 2 more models (not real keen on an FPV Terri, each to their own):

1. FPV Focus- Bigger brakes, 240hp, full bucket Recaros, EVO slayer in the same light as the Focus RS (which was much quicker than a rex)

2. F6 Typhoon on steriods. Nothing against V8's but I think that the Turbo 6 would be a lot easier to build to be a GTS slayer. 350kW+.... :Up_to_som
FPV focus with 240bhp......pfft the current xr5t has 226bhp.....a simple flash gets yopu more than that.......260-270bhp alot better...

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:50 AM   #32
BlackLS

RWD 2.3L 207kw Focus just like the rally car.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:59 AM   #33
Sapper
Back to the AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
FPV focus with 240bhp......pfft the current xr5t has 226bhp.....a simple flash gets yopu more than that.......260-270bhp alot better...
Yeah, but i think that bigger rubber and less weight would be better than more power. It just my own opinion but i wouldn't mind having buying a road registered rally spec focus. If only anti-lag was feasible in oz......
Besides, 260-270bhp is not easy to put down effectively in a FWD car.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #34
bigAl
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archilino
Something with 'wow factor' like a GT based MONSTER TRUCK!

Holden can have their blimp, ford can have live shows all around the country with D. Johnson at the wheel crushing a row of commodores!
and crushing brand new VE's that would make some people cry haha :Up_to_som
bigAl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:10 AM   #35
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot xr6
Yeah, but i think that bigger rubber and less weight would be better than more power. It just my own opinion but i wouldn't mind having buying a road registered rally spec focus. If only anti-lag was feasible in oz......
Besides, 260-270bhp is not easy to put down effectively in a FWD car.
BoYA rally focus lol....mind you id prefer the LR one.....looks cooler...imo

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #36
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
Wash your mouth out son :

FPV should never be allowed to taint the mighty RS badge !
What about the 'GT' name they havnt even come close to what the original GT's were about
Old 10-11-2006, 04:42 PM   #37
335JET
@jas_23_

I want to see a 30th anniversary COBRA in 2008, would look hot as, A big white coupe, with massive Blue stripes, 360kw NA V8 RWD and with no luxury gear what so ever, not evan air-con. Only available in Manual of course, massive 10in wide rears, if possible side exhaust(ADR would be an issue).

Then use the same body shape and build a F6 Typhoon, but is all wheel drive, again only manual and twin turbo it.

these cars must be as light as possible.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #38
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Frankly, I can't see why an FPV turbo Focus can't sit above XR5 Focus.

Just like an XR6 and an F6 Typhoon.

You can't simply rebadge an XR5. Do that and FPV simply becomes a bs marketing name.

Beef up the XR5 to become the FPV version. Prodrive surely has the experience from the UK. In fact they could trial it here, and if a success, Ford UK can launch it in Europe
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #39
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

There very well may be a FPV focus. Team RS is working on creating the Focus RS and if FPV can get its hands on them they very well may rebadge them as FPV.

FPV will not modify european cars because that responsibility goes to team RS.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #40
FPV

FPV have said they wont rebadge a vehicle already engineered by another performance development team, And to this day they have managed to stick to there word, they are not going to rebadge cars like HSV have. No matter how many times FPV say logistics is the problem that arises with imports, FPV Focus/Fiesta is always mentioned. If anything i think the FPV territory will be launched as one model and then split up into various models, maybe a range topping falcon will come in the next model(Tempest sounds like an early addition). I don't think they will touch imports for awhile, if FPV manage to launch a territory, they are 1 up on HSV, shows they offer a variety of vehicles, and down the track maybe they could look into different platforms. FPV are relatively new, but after awhile i can see them following an AMG/M type formula of modifying any enjoyable Ford vehicle(So no Econovans,....unless the target market say they are enjoyable).
FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #41
XR8putts

G T H O

A Coupe, when Orion comes out. F6/V8 Engines.

A Track/Sprint edition F6/GT
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 05:57 PM   #42
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Yeah FPV shouldn't touch RS I agree!

Why on Gods green earth FPV didn't just rebadge the XR5 I dont know. Seriously, there are alot of people outthere who would want two FPV's in the garage, but what thy dont want is two massive fuel bills.

A FPV falcon for him, and a FPV Focus for her. And then if I was the "him" Id take the Focus for a blast every now and then too.

For alot of people out there its about the badge. A XR4 and XR5 (renamethem for FPV if you wish) would have been the perfect entry point for people who want to be associated with the brand.

FPV admitted they wanted to expand the range, and yet they have another perfect opportunity and they let it go, again!

If the VXR is good enough for HSV then I dont see what their problem is.

Other than thoe two, a LWB would be god but we all know whats happening there, unless a savour as come along.

Territory is a must, gees they could even just use the Turbo Terry's drivetrain and give it some spunky rims, lower it a bit, throw some FPV seats in and a good body kit; done, easy.
FPV didnt get the XR5 because there is an even hotter Focus that sits above it. It IS still coming apparently, so save those pennies.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #43
turboute
turboute

Screw FPV I doubt they would listen to the fans,

Nizpro should do a deal with ford and make 100 (or enough to qualify for GT nations cup etc?) of those 1000hp monsters, with a few suspension tweaks and some weight reductions. That would be awesome.
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #44
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaNob!
FPV didnt get the XR5 because there is an even hotter Focus that sits above it. It IS still coming apparently, so save those pennies.
Talk about contradict yourself :
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #45
335JET
@jas_23_

what about an XR8 Sprint, basically an xr8 a with GT driveline, just like what tickford did with the ED but more power than 290kw.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #46
Psycho Chicken
Banned

A V8 LTD with new seats and badges.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:04 PM   #47
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

i think limited edition GT's need attention. GTHO needs visiting.
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 09:23 PM   #48
xr8man83
Grunt Files

f6 territory would be kewl or a v8 territory
xr8man83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:13 PM   #49
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Here i would love to say four letters that send more people crazy then any other four letters in a line

G T H O

But i dont think that FPV could do it. To live up to that name would be highly impossible. My thoughts

FPV - GT
FPV - F6
FPV - PURSUIT and TORNADO
FPV - COUPE

Thats it. My idea for FPV

Little fox

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:32 PM   #50
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

How about an F-250 by FPV? they can get into the diesel market like ford oz wants to do, Get the 7.3 powerstroke, bit of a tune, better exaust, leather, billet grille, and a big FPV tonneau cover, now THAT will eat sports cars for breakfast...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:11 PM   #51
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
Talk about contradict yourself :
Erm, how did I contradict myself...
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #52
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
There very well may be a FPV focus. Team RS is working on creating the Focus RS and if FPV can get its hands on them they very well may rebadge them as FPV.

FPV will not modify european cars because that responsibility goes to team RS.
Exactly, FPV won't do anything above the XR5 as the Europeans are already working on a Focus RS, with talk of 220kw, 6 speed manual and AWD. There have been photos of development mules. The problem is what are they going to call it if we get it here. There's no where to go with the XR names if its a 5 or 6 cylinder Volvo motor, as XR5 and 6 are taken. Whats the next step from there, Focus GT ?

FPV have also already said if they were to badge a smaller car as an FPV then they will have to of had some input into its development, such as power, handling, looks etc. They won't just slap FPV badges on a car they haven't had anything to do with building. If it is to get badged as an FPV product they will have to modify it somehow, and there's their problem, as its not cost effective to bring in a fully built model and then strip parts off and replace them with something else. Unless they can somehow arrange with the Europeans to ship them to FPV minus some bits.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 04:14 PM   #53
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

yeah they definately need a lower weight, higher power F6 or GT, I won't buy an FPV because I can buy a XR6T and for 5 or 6 grand have it putting out 390kws.

So my idea: Supercharged GT, 1500KG, 400kw.

As performance cars go it will still be heavy but it is a four door sedan. Lighter would be nice but without a whole heap of carbon fibre or turning it into a lotus I don't think they could do it.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #54
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I said a while ago, Ford should have a Supercharged 6.

XR6S, but what would the FPV version be called? S6 Typhoon?

What do you guys think?
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #55
RS027
Perth XR5'er

FPV GTHO. Homologation special. Small build numbers with 290+kw reworked donk. I hate the idea of just a supercharged gt given the HO tag. So I'm thinking 310+kw's, light wieght racing carpets, no power windows and no sound deadening (very much RS porsche style), also with fully adjustable suspension. Also carbon fibre panels on the boot, bonnet and doors. Basically a light weight GT with extra poke.... very early HO style. It would be sold to racers for GTP, tarmac rally and track days in mind. To me HO means racing, not big number show boating.
Ford Rallye Sport Club of WA; Member#64:

Barbagallo Short: 1:01.1779
Barbagallo Long: 1:12.4649
Collie: 55.90

K&N Gen2 57i CAI / 2XS RIP / Airtec Gen3 IC / Mongoose Dump Pipe / Outlaw 200cpsi Cat / Milltek Ultimate Race Catback / Whiteline 24mm RARB / Whiteline FALK / BC Racing BR-Spec Coilovers / RSR Rear Camber Arms / Ferodo DS2500 Pads F&R / Goodridge Braided Brake Lines / Elevate Torque Mount / DS MOD C / MkII RS Clutch & DMF / Quaife LSD
RS027 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 10:52 PM   #56
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd like to see a coupe and a convertible added to the FPV line up. Full sized with the boss 290 motor, possibly supercharged!
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #57
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

I Agree a HO that is very porsche RS/BMW CSL - Bring on the cardboard boot floors!
with the csl as they come with semi slicks you have to sign a disclaimer that you understand the tyres dont work very well in the wet lol

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #58
RS027
Perth XR5'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
I Agree a HO that is very porsche RS/BMW CSL - Bring on the cardboard boot floors!
with the csl as they come with semi slicks you have to sign a disclaimer that you understand the tyres dont work very well in the wet lol
I'm feeling you brother :
Ford Rallye Sport Club of WA; Member#64:

Barbagallo Short: 1:01.1779
Barbagallo Long: 1:12.4649
Collie: 55.90

K&N Gen2 57i CAI / 2XS RIP / Airtec Gen3 IC / Mongoose Dump Pipe / Outlaw 200cpsi Cat / Milltek Ultimate Race Catback / Whiteline 24mm RARB / Whiteline FALK / BC Racing BR-Spec Coilovers / RSR Rear Camber Arms / Ferodo DS2500 Pads F&R / Goodridge Braided Brake Lines / Elevate Torque Mount / DS MOD C / MkII RS Clutch & DMF / Quaife LSD
RS027 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post