Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #31
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bernard Tomic allowed to drive M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave93761
Absolutely...especially when they're muppets...is it that hard to show some humility and not be a complete muzza?
fame, fortune and an M3 on your plate at 18.. every clown and his dog wishin with baited breath for every hint of him to f up.... goodluck to him, a champ in the making..... now back to the couch all you fatty internerd do gooders.... lol..
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #32
Cam
Stroking it...

He requires it for his employment as a High profile tennis player, they want him to be seen in a High spec BMW for his sponsorship, then so be it..

It'd be no different to an apprentice builder driving an XR8 ute, because that's the image the company wanted to display...

/Move on
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #33
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
fame, fortune and an M3 on your plate at 18.. every clown and his dog wishin with baited breath for every hint of him to f up.... goodluck to him, a champ in the making..... now back to the couch all you fatty internerd dogooders.... lol..
LOL

Got no problem with him being famous etc...but when he runs his mouth as he has in the past despite not having actually done anything, that's what gets people offside....if I was him, I'd be doing everything I could to stay out of the (bad) press and keep the public focused on my tennis, that way they may actually support me...rather than getting a bright orange coloured M3 that screams w*nker...clearly he has done something in that car in the past to get the cops on his tail...

Just ask people in the street what they think of Bernard Tomic, and then ask them what they think of Pat Rafter...

When you have the world at your feet (as he almost does), show some bloody humility and appreciation for the people that have put you there, rather than throw it back in peoples faces and act like a spoilt brat know-it-all who is better than everybody else. People might actually like you then.
Old 15-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #34
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

eh good on him, lucky bugger.
though still doesn't change the fact he's a knob.
until he changes his attitude he'll remain that way to me.
Old 15-12-2011, 12:37 PM   #35
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ohh FFS stop your complaining! Firstly, he has dedicated his life to date to sport, how many whiners here have done the same? Why shouldn't he reap the rewards?

You've all got the ***** up because of a stupid law passed in this country, P plater are still being killed, the law did what to stop the deaths? You can't save idiots from themselves.

How many P platers on this forum drive a 100% legal P plate car? Probably not many, just because he is a little famous you all want to chop him down... Typical tall poppy syndrome...
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #36
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
LOL

Got no problem with him being famous etc...but when he runs his mouth as he has in the past despite not having actually done anything, that's what gets people offside....if I was him, I'd be doing everything I could to stay out of the (bad) press and keep the public focused on my tennis, that way they may actually support me...rather than getting a bright orange coloured M3 that screams w*nker...clearly he has done something in that car in the past to get the cops on his tail...

Just ask people in the street what they think of Bernard Tomic, and then ask them what they think of Pat Rafter...

When you have the world at your feet (as he almost does), show some bloody humility and appreciation for the people that have put you there, rather than throw it back in peoples faces and act like a spoilt brat know-it-all who is better than everybody else. People might actually like you then.
contact his manager.. offer your services as his life coach then.........
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #37
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
contact his manager.. offer your services as his life coach then.........
well he'd definitely be less of a knob, that's for sure...
Old 15-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #38
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax
Ohh FFS stop your complaining! Firstly, he has dedicated his life to date to sport, how many whiners here have done the same? Why shouldn't he reap the rewards?

You've all got the ***** up because of a stupid law passed in this country, P plater are still being killed, the law did what to stop the deaths? You can't save idiots from themselves.

How many P platers on this forum drive a 100% legal P plate car? Probably not many, just because he is a little famous you all want to chop him down... Typical tall poppy syndrome...
Dedicating ones time to one activity doesn't give him the right to act like a total bum hat. As for reaping the rewards... I won't even go there; he hits a ball with a racquet. His reward should be knowing he is one of the best exponents of the sport. Oh wait, he isn't...

Quote:
LOL

Quoted for truth.
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #39
Bossxr8
Peter Car

He got pulled up late on a Sunday night driving in the middle of Surfers Paradise, and he told the cop "he was on the way to training".

Sure.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #40
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

this is nothing but one rule for him, another rule for the rest of them. there's no reason why he needs a V8 - sponsorship or otherwise.
Old 15-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #41
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
He got pulled up late on a Sunday night driving in the middle of Surfers Paradise, and he told the cop "he was on the way to training".

Sure.
If he does not comply with the restrictions of his exemption then the same thing will happen to him that will happen to everyone else.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #42
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
If he does not comply with the restrictions of his exemption then the same thing will happen to him that will happen to everyone else.
Which is the way it should be.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #43
XRDeeze
UTRIED

but then again he is the top ranked tennis player in OZ and about my age too. good on him

Townsville Drag 1/10/11 PB: 15.34 @ 91.09 mph
XRDeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #44
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Should see if I can squeeze an exemption out of VicRoads because my Boss' car has a 5.4L Triton which I have to move about from time to time, lol.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #45
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Meh, good Luck to him. If he can do it who are we to say boo?

If you or I was allowed to Im sure we wouldnt go forward and say it is not right because my "cousin" is my age and cant have an exemption...

Be happy for people man... Just like the guy who gets that last car park in Westfields. Should I key his car because I was waiting in line longer, or just move the "F" along and find another one and good luck to him?

Are we going to winge to that winning lotto is tax free money???
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #46
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OMG HE IS A TENNIS PLAYER!!!! Quick make him feel special and loved. give him exemptions the rest of P Platers arent allowed cause he is a tennis player!!!

Seriously some of the arguements presented are the most lamest things i have heard in a while..... BIG DEAL if he plays tennis.

If he is hooning good riddens to him and his licence.
This rubbish mentality about making people feel special cause he is rich, well off or high profile makes one stomach really turn.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #47
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do we know if the car is registered in his name or if it's a BMW car on loan to him?

I don't think anyone would begrudge him having a BMW but because he had to have an exemption to drive an M3 he should not abuse the privelege he's been given.

If he has not complied with the conditions of the exemption then he deserves to have it withdrawn and I don't really think BMW would be too happy with this type of publicity.
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #48
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
OMG HE IS A TENNIS PLAYER!!!! Quick make him feel special and loved. give him exemptions the rest of P Platers arent allowed cause he is a tennis player!!!

Seriously some of the arguements presented are the most lamest things i have heard in a while..... BIG DEAL if he plays tennis.

If he is hooning good riddens to him and his licence.
This rubbish mentality about making people feel special cause he is rich, well off or high profile makes one stomach really turn.
Completely agree.
Old 15-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #49
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

does the exemption allowing him to drive the m3 directly affect anyone here or did i log onto the cwa forums by accident
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #50
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
He requires it for his employment as a High profile tennis player, they want him to be seen in a High spec BMW for his sponsorship, then so be it..

It'd be no different to an apprentice builder driving an XR8 ute, because that's the image the company wanted to display...

/Move on
You cant be serious. A builder actually will need to transport large items, a tennis player needs a boot. A builder is more likely to be using a personal car. This ***** probably had it given to him.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #51
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
does the exemption allowing him to drive the m3 directly affect anyone here or did i log onto the cwa forums by accident
If it was one of the forum members here trying to get an exemption on a BS reason like this, they'd need their flame suit and quick.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #52
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
If it was one of the forum members here trying to get an exemption on a BS reason like this, they'd need their flame suit and quick.
most people offer them advice, which of course they asked for
bernard did not ask for advice here and more importantly probably no one here is directly affected by it. they just don't like someone else getting a lucky break
the world ain't fair - the self diagnosed unlucky ones should build a bridge
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #53
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits
Money talks.............
The only 2 words relevant here...
martyk54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #54
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
You cant be serious. A builder actually will need to transport large items, a tennis player needs a boot. A builder is more likely to be using a personal car. This ***** probably had it given to him.
Correct, but being a sponsored tennis a player is his occuaption, and to endorse their product they want him in an M3, then I suppose he relies on it for work?

I am not saying it's right, or that he isnt a total knob, just trying to say that I guess that what he is doing is legal?
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #55
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Still waiting for the follow up story and what is really going on...there are more complaints that are waiting than "one jealous cop" who he "refuses to name" or lodge an official complaint about...

This country makes far too much out of people who play games for a living instead of people who use thier brains to better society for all of us...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #56
cartaa100
FG POWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
They always have.

BMW sponsor tennis. He is a leading tennis player. It is part of his job.

i think kia sponsors australian tennis but his not driving one of them

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11332753  
cartaa100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #57
Fireblade
Wizard Member

He hasn't been charged with anything yet, so currently there is no evidence that he has actually comitted a crime.

You know I see this Lambo getting around in my area a bit lately and I hope he gets impounded and crushed just because I dislike the fact he has a Lambo and I don't, that'll **** him.
Old 15-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #58
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
He hasn't been charged with anything yet, so currently there is no evidence that he has actually comitted a crime.

You know I see this Lambo getting around in my area a bit lately and I hope he gets impounded and crushed just because I dislike the fact he has a Lambo and I don't, that'll **** him.

nobody is saying they dislike the fact he has an m3.

what people are going about is he is a p plater in a vehicle that any other p plater was driving would end up with a sore ring after being pounded in court , fined, and having his car impounded.

do you think the owner of a FPV dealership should be allowed to let his kid run around in a fpv? obviously it's needed to promote the dealership right? 2 cars being driven, one by the dad and one by the son is obviously better right?
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 10:04 PM   #59
Fireblade
Wizard Member

You know if we all worried about what we are doing rather than what everybody else is doing it might just be a more peaceful place

I personally don't care what anybody else is driving as I am more worried (not the right word but) about what I'm driving, otherwise I would be a very angry man when I see people driving better cars than mine. The law is in place to deal with this issue we don't need to worry about, if he has done something wrong he will get slapped for it (wonder if he will get an old school beat down to put him in his place), but who really cares my life ain't any different before or after I knew he was driving an M3 on his P's.
Old 16-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #60
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not long ago a AFF member on P plates made a thread asking what's his chances of getting an exemption because his work was going to give him a G6E turbo to drive. Many people on this forum seamed to say "Oh you don't need a turbo, just get a N/A G6E"
But now someone "famous" has a similar situation and most people think he should get an exemption.

Honestly if I was this kid, I would ask for a 730Li. 7 Series is the most expensive BMW and the 6 cylinder is still P plate legal.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote