Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #31
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
I spend 10 days a month in hire cars. The last 3 hires I have made with Hertz I booked XR6's and got Aurions. There is no comparison between an XR6 & an Aurion for handling - the XR6 just smashes them to pieces.

I'd be interested to see a heads up though, the Aurion would take the cake based on seat of the pants to 100. From a roll on ~80-100, there is no comparison, the XR6 will take the cake from the Aurion and eat it in front of the Corolla kids.

Back on track, with around 120 days a year hire, I seem to only get downgraded :(

I think you are right about the handling
Ive been driving a rental aurion this week the power was good but the handling going around corners etc didnt feel as good as the wifes xr6 . The gearbox seemed pretty good traction control really cuts the power when the wheels start spinning way more noticeable than the XR . Not a bad car I would like to see a comparision between them too
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #32
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Booked a Falcon in Perth once and got "upgraded" to a Statesman. On the second day the rear brake locked on solid. I phoned them up and told them the thing was a piece of and to bring me something else. They arrived with a brand new Calais as they thought I'd booked the Statesman in the first place.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #33
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Our company standard is group D (Falcon), but because I use them so often I always get upgraded. Used to get the wonderful 6 speed Fairlane (which I absolutely loved), but now Hertz are moving over to the Statesman. Good interior, but shitty engine/transmission, and the fuel economy!!! :

Does anyone know if Hertz are moving over from Falcon to Aurion for Group D?? Website has changed, and has also got an advert for "New fleet coming soon"
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #34
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11
Ive been driving a rental aurion this week the power was good
Yes but the power doesnt come on till high in the revs - Falcon comes on low down and you dont have to make a racket doing so.
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #35
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

the in laws get upgraded everytime they book, come over here booking a corolla and get a BF fairmont, he goes to Melbounre gets upgraded from a corolla to a fairlane Ghia, though cant remember who they hire though now have to ask the missus

just found out its hertz

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape

Last edited by asusdragon; 03-02-2008 at 02:18 PM.
asusdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 02:51 PM   #36
andrewts
White Car Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MkIIFutura
Does anyone know if Hertz are moving over from Falcon to Aurion for Group D?? Website has changed, and has also got an advert for "New fleet coming soon"
They seem to be getting more of the Toyotas in, perhaps after better resail value, but in Sydney they did just buy a shedload of Fairlanes and XR6s.

Not sure about the Fairmont, as to what level it is in though. I would have thought that the Presara and Fairlane Ghia were the same level, and the XT/XR6 and ATX/SX6 were the same level, but they don't seem to have any Prodigys to match the Fairmonts.
andrewts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #37
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

I went to the sunshine coast 2 years ago , had a Corolla booked through Hertz, not meant to get anything better due to me being under 25, Hertz had no corolla's left they ended up giving me a top of the range Maxima, Leather, sunroof, the works. Not too shabby for a big front driver, but the suspension was too soft.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #38
blackwood
FiSTed

Not my own experience,

When my parents went to the US in the early 80's their hire car was suppose to be a
Camaro or some other sh!tbox.
Get to the Hertz desk, "Oh sorry we don't seem to have any Craparos left. Would you like to be upgraded?", "Sure thing!"
Get out to the parking lot and what an upgrade!
A brand new Lincoln Town Car, fully equipped. Remember this was back when Lincolns
were still HUUUUUUGE in size and engine. 460 cubes? Yes please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Said on Mt Panorama
Man if this track were in America it would be illegal!
blackwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post