Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #31
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont need to prove anything, all i no is i payed 280 for custom exhuast setup and funny thing it is the same price as a normal exhuast setup,
and i have no problems with it at all, but sure if you want proof ill provide my exhuasts shop number to you and you can ask them

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Last edited by frd906; 27-10-2009 at 10:04 PM.
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #32
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906
lol suit your self jc suit your self. ring my exhuast shop and ask them, i have no issues with it
Just because they tell you it's stainless, doesn't mean it is. Just because they tell you it's mandrel bent, doesn't mean it is. Post some pics up of the bends over the diff, and we should be able to tell if you if it's either or both.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #33
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when it goes up on hoist agian i will, to be honest dont really care what it is, i payed 280 for it, and i wouldnt go another system agian, very happy chappy with mine,

but i will have stainless headers on soon to get rid of the crappy motovators

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 27-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #34
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry about thread hijack back to you, and bye the way i was under the car when he was putting it on

Old 27-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #35
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yes play nice children (heck I sound like a Moderator). But thanks for the input guys, its why I put up the thread.

I'm still making up my mind but will have to do sometinhg this weekend so tomorrow will be crunch day to set up an install for Saterday.

Uk
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #36
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag top
Should have painted them rims yellow
:
Enough with the yellow rims. The silver is still holding up rather nicely, as you saw for yourself 5 weeks ago! LOL!

JC of course wanted them black.

Ah the Canberra boys and their misguided ways. Must be all that public service coffee doing things to your brains! LOL!

As for UK's system (back on topic), the next guy to own your car will benefit from a SS system. I doubt you'll keep yours over 8 or so more years.

You'll sort it though, and I'm sure you'll be happy with the result.

All the best with it.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #37
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how silly. my catback is mandrel bent and yes i can tell the difference, dont treat people like they are stupid
im merely stating if he looks around there might be better prices to be had
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #38
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stattic
how silly. my catback is mandrel bent and yes i can tell the difference, dont treat people like they are stupid
im merely stating if he looks around there might be better prices to be had
Agreed - on the prices bit. The point is, the price someone can get something done for in one town/place is not the same as the next bloke can get it done for in a different town/place. My point was to let Ken know that the prices he has been given are not over the top, and anything that is under $300 is extremely cheap, and is probably not what the person paid for (that's my experience, anyway).

We'll just have to wait and see what Ken gets, and how much he pays for it now.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #39
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll be interested to see what Uncle Ken gets as I'm in the market as well for a system as I got the good/bad news from the mechanic that it needs replacing. Downside is there is no aftermarket bolt on system that I can find for a cat back system for an Egas AU ute.
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #40
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

Quote:
I'll be interested to see what Uncle Ken gets as I'm in the market as well for a system as I got the good/bad news from the mechanic that it needs replacing. Downside is there is no aftermarket bolt on system that I can find for a cat back system for an Egas AU ute.

i think the Au Life axal one will fit but the back end will need the BA /BF one for the tanks and stuff

my mate has it like that on his AU Sadan someone might be able to shed some more light on this
Old 28-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #41
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Just because they tell you it's stainless, doesn't mean it is. Just because they tell you it's mandrel bent, doesn't mean it is. Post some pics up of the bends over the diff, and we should be able to tell if you if it's either or both.
They probably told him it was 'stainless' as in no stains lol...
Old 28-10-2009, 05:19 PM   #42
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by POELWYK
i think the Au Life axal one will fit but the back end will need the BA /BF one for the tanks and stuff

my mate has it like that on his AU Sadan someone might be able to shed some more light on this
I spoke to the guys from Redback when they were at the Summernats. They don't have one and don't know of anyone in the industry making one. The other suppliers at the Summernats all said the same thing.
Old 28-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #43
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
I spoke to the guys from Redback when they were at the Summernats. They don't have one and don't know of anyone in the industry making one. The other suppliers at the Summernats all said the same thing.
The front section be the same as any AU? As for the rear, surely they'd bend you up something (with mandrel bends of course) and use the Redback rear resonator?

Couldn't be too hard for an exhaust place that's committed to good quality work?

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 28-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #44
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
The front section be the same as any AU? As for the rear, surely they'd bend you up something (with mandrel bends of course) and use the Redback rear resonator?

Couldn't be too hard for an exhaust place that's committed to good quality work?

GK
Front section may have a slight difference over a Std AU; it is LPG and Column auto... Had a look at JC's when he was installing his headers, and I'm not overly convinced it would fit. So I'm focusing on the cat back system as, like Uncle_Ken, my mechanic has advised to get it replaced as it has started to develop a leak. Wish there was an off the shelf option so I could do it myself. The mob that did my dual exhaust on the red car will likely get the job.

Anyway, enough of me hijacking Uncle_Ken's thread...

Uncle_Ken, any closer to a decision???
Old 29-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #45
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you get a place to make you a custom setup they will be able to make on for you

Old 29-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #46
Uncle_Ken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Front section may have a slight difference over a Std AU; it is LPG and Column auto... Had a look at JC's when he was installing his headers, and I'm not overly convinced it would fit. So I'm focusing on the cat back system as, like Uncle_Ken, my mechanic has advised to get it replaced as it has started to develop a leak. Wish there was an off the shelf option so I could do it myself. The mob that did my dual exhaust on the red car will likely get the job.

Anyway, enough of me hijacking Uncle_Ken's thread...

Uncle_Ken, any closer to a decision???
OK re the thread hijack (I have already informed boarder secuirty

I'm thinking of Sureflo Exhaust at the moment. The $400 quite didn't include a chrome tip.

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Old 29-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #47
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm thinking of Sureflo Exhaust at the moment. The $400 quite didn't include a chrome tip
down south prices seem to be abit dear then up here in qld, anyways whateva descion you make sure will be a good one

Old 29-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #48
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IMHO, a 2.5" mandrell bent exhaust with the centre muffler and a rear muffler/resonator is the way to go. At idle it sounds almost stock with a slight note, at WOT it has a nice note, but isn't too loud. I had Lukey extractors and said exhaust, and was getting around 11L/100k around town driving it fairly easy. The car also had 355k on it.
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #49
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave93761
They probably told him it was 'stainless' as in no stains lol...
HAHAHAh thats gold! made my day
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #50
lofty
Rusticating

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU Power window installation. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO AU XR8
IMHO, a 2.5" mandrell bent exhaust with the centre muffler and a rear muffler/resonator is the way to go.
Would you say the same if you never went over 4000rpm? Cos that's how I drive and I need an exhaust too.

Territory SYII RWD, BFII RTV tray
lofty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #51
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep, because one muffler generally has drone around 2000-3000rpm. I had an ED XR6 with Pacemaker 4499's, and a lukey 2.5" single muffler exhaust, and it droned @ 100-100km/h. 2 mufflers will basically eliminate drone, and give you a nice note, that doesn't make your ears bleed from being so loud.
Forced Performance Tuned
Old 30-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #52
lofty
Rusticating

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU Power window installation. 

I was wondering more about the diameter. Would 2 1/4 be better for bottom end?

Territory SYII RWD, BFII RTV tray
lofty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #53
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2.25 is standard, I'd go 2.5 IMHO
Forced Performance Tuned
Old 04-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #54
Uncle_Ken

Default and the winner is

Well I now have a Redback 2.5, mandrel bent centre muffler and a rear resonator all done and a nice new Chrome tip. Will put up a sound grab this weekend (I hope).

Thanks to the forum for offering advice. I see this as one of the reasons I follow this forum, you ask a question and you get honest replies and opinions.

Got it from [font='Verdana', 'sans-serif']Sureflo Exhaust[/font] fro $350 (extra for e nice chrome tip) Now thining abut those Ballistic Cats on special UMMM

: UK
Old 04-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #55
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Got sound UK?
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #56
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Excellent to hear mate. I have had a couple of RedBack systems over
the years and have never had a complaint with sound or performance.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #57
Uncle_Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
Got sound UK?
Have on the iphone but haven't got the video off yet. Will put up ASAP for all tp hear (and see).

UK
Old 04-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #58
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

good job congrats on the buy mate thay are good bang for your buck thing
Old 04-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #59
GK
Walking with God

Happy with the sound UK? It will get a bit deeper as it carbons up = niiiiiiccccce! LOL!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 04-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #60
Uncle_Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Happy with the sound UK? It will get a bit deeper as it carbons up = niiiiiiccccce! LOL!

GK
Ummm, deeper..... Yeah happy so far GK.
No heavy drone (that I notice) around town. It was good on the express in from Campbelltown (110 kms of course ).

It 'feels' solid, but that is probably because the old muffler that broken and was hanging inside the pipe. I see they have the forum Xmas price Ballistic cats now too

Uk