Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-08-2006, 08:55 PM   #31
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrtrip
Driving back to a mates places today down Doncaster Rd, Doncaster (VIC) at about 3:30ish this afternoon (monday) and a cop car came flying past us - in a real big rush!! Anyway there was a fair bit of traffic about and it suddenly slowed up real bad. At this point i was slowing down and my mate and I were wondering what the hell was goign on - if there was a guy speeding or whatever. So we see the cop car about 50 metres down the road and there is a fairly substantial crowd of people looking down at something. We get closer only to see a VN absolutely smashed. Roof was bent in hardcore and i mean BENT in. Get a little closer and realise the guy is still in the car still sitting in his seat which was in the back seat... his seat had been pushed so far back that he was still sitting in it but in the back! A bit of blood trickling down his head, obviously knocked out if not dead. We see 2 fire trucks coming from wither direction - one on the wrong side of the road. At this stage my mate and I are like what the ******, how did this guy manage to get himself into this mess on a straight 3 lane road. I Dropped my mate back and went to have another sticky beak about 10 minutes later. By this time there were 3 fire trucks 4 police cars and 2 ambulances, the fire trucks had just put away 2 of the "jaws of life". Then i saw the unfortunate soul on a stretcher... with a white blanket over him.

Pretty terrifying stuff, not what I really wanted to see on my way home. Makes me think back to all the stupid stuff I have done in my car and realise how lucky I have been - may he rest in peace

HRT R.I.P

That's no good mate, i've witnessed a fatal accident unfold right infront of me on the western fwy, in melton. Let's just say the guy wasn't in a good way after going through the windshield at 100. Went up to see if we could help to find his head wasn't really intact any more..

It's a rotten thing to witness, but is unfortunately an every day event. Talk to someone if you want to get anything off your chest, i didn't, but for some reason it didn't have the effect on me i thought it may, so i suppose i'm lucky in a way.

On a lighter note, i saw you on sunday (if your're the guy that owns the GT with xr8 wheels), was at Shell in Mill Park, i walked past you but didn't recognise your face, but did recognise the car as i sat back down in mine.

cheers

chris.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #32
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Bud
You are right, those days are gone. However there was a feeling that the media had gone too far back then as well, and let me tell you, they showed everything. Believe me it was shocking, probably even by today’s standards. Worked for me!

Can anyone else here remember this Doco?
Bud Bud
Max & I are the same vintage as you , I remember that Doco , I think it was an HR and the guy was jammed in the drivers "quarter vent" window , and they should show that Doco or make a new one .

Max
[Quote=Max]Road crashes are my No.1 phobia forever.

I'm with you there , Max , 17 of my friends & family , and just as bad 12 of my daughters friends in the last 12 months ( 4 in 6 weeks)

HRT & Peuty

Guy's , Talk to people , Have a good "cry" ( nothing wrong with that ) . I have posted in Peuty's thread , I tried to "hold it in" 32 years later and it still gets to me.

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 09:07 PM   #33
redhotxr6
Starter Motor

sorry to dissapoint 2 with non life threatening injuries taken to hospital 1 was released today [just to set the record straight]
redhotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 10:15 PM   #34
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

A bad thread.

Herald Sun, Tuesday Aug 22 page23:

A car carreered off a busy road and narrowly missed a bus shelter yesterday.
The driver lost control of the car on Docaster Rd, Doncaster, about 3.30 pm near Church Rd.
Ambulance officers were relieved to find no-one in the shelter, many of whom were making their way home after school, had been hit.
The male driver, aged in his late teens, and his female passenger, were both taken to hospital with minor injuries.

I wish people wont slow down to stare and 'rubber neck' when accidents happen. They should just get on and concentrate with the driving, to avoid any other potential accidents around an accident scene.

To jump to conclusions and write it in this forum is something else.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #35
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
A bad thread.

Herald Sun, Tuesday Aug 22 page23:

A car carreered off a busy road and narrowly missed a bus shelter yesterday.
The driver lost control of the car on Docaster Rd, Doncaster, about 3.30 pm near Church Rd.
Ambulance officers were relieved to find no-one in the shelter, many of whom were making their way home after school, had been hit.
The male driver, aged in his late teens, and his female passenger, were both taken to hospital with minor injuries.

I wish people wont slow down to stare and 'rubber neck' when accidents happen. They should just get on and concentrate with the driving, to avoid any other potential accidents around an accident scene.

To jump to conclusions and write it in this forum is something else.
so there was no fatality ??
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 11:26 PM   #36
hrtrip
I Hope Holden Dies

from what i saw there was no female driver but i 100% definately saw a stretcher being put in an ambulance with a white sheet over it - looked like a body to me, but either way its good to know that no one was killed. but the sight of his car was enough to make me think twice...

HRT R.I.P

Icon Blue BFII Fairmont
Stock as a rock... :(
hrtrip is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 11:37 PM   #37
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Take some great advice, If you see anything like that again don't look or go back. You don't want that memory in your head forever.
Spot on!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 11:37 PM   #38
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good to hear that nobody was hurt.

Still, that's another trashed Commodore.

Perhaps we should put Toyota badges on Holdens from now on, then see how they are driven?
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 11:47 PM   #39
luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Good to hear that nobody was hurt.

Still, that's another trashed Commodore.

Perhaps we should put Toyota badges on Holdens from now on, then see how they are driven?
They tried that.... I don't think it worked.

luke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 11:51 PM   #40
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've never seen a Lexcen being driven by a ********.

I'm not even going to waste my time on the Camry.
Old 24-08-2006, 12:24 AM   #41
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

A few months back i was almost in a crash.
I was at the lights with a VL Calais next to me it was wet and i was moving off slow as the bloke was next to me as we got forward i noticed a car coming straight ahead and (The Left foot brake works a treat here;)) Was able to stop but the 2 cars it was like they never seen each other coming and smashed head on. The VL was lifted at the rear about 1-2 foot off the ground, It went head on with a Toyota Camry which it's rear came around about 8 feet.
I parked the car fast and ran to help, Another guy that was close by and seen it all drove off ****en low ****. I'm running left and right not knowing who was in what, The driver of the VL couldn't get out his door, The Camry was smashed hard on the drivers front and packed up to the battery which made the horn go off. And it was raining and I'm in a shirt. The driver of the Camry was fine and her daughter also. the driver of the VL had i think bite on his lip as they came together he had some blood out of his mouth and was a bit shaken. I was trying to see how the lady was in the Camry and the only words she said to me when i was asking how she and her daughter was was he went through red light he at fault. I know this area well and we had the green and the Camry lady must have seen the green for straight and thought it was fine to take off and then turn when she had a red arrow when i told her this she got back in the car and closed the door. the fire brigade came lucky they were only 200 meters away and the cops also only the same distance. thank god they weren't hurt. the VL driver told me as he almost fainted when he seen his car he just picked it up after a full spray. Did all the interviewees with the police told them the story what had happen. One thing that shook me up was the impact was so huge for such a low speed we couldn't have been doing more then 20-25kp/h.
By the time the fire guys got there they thought i was part of the accident and wanted to check me, then the Ambulance got there and thought the same thing and wanted to check me, then police the same i must say they really do a great job in times like these. I wouldn't be able to do there jobs.
Old 24-08-2006, 12:44 AM   #42
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

i drove tow trucks for about 10years it does'nt matter how many fatalities you attend you dont get used to it. hope it does'nt haunt you some of them can
GREGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 12:57 AM   #43
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrtrip
Driving back to a mates places today down Doncaster Rd, Doncaster (VIC) at about 3:30ish this afternoon (monday) and a cop car came flying past us - in a real big rush!! Anyway there was a fair bit of traffic about and it suddenly slowed up real bad. At this point i was slowing down and my mate and I were wondering what the hell was goign on - if there was a guy speeding or whatever. So we see the cop car about 50 metres down the road and there is a fairly substantial crowd of people looking down at something. We get closer only to see a VN absolutely smashed. Roof was bent in hardcore and i mean BENT in. Get a little closer and realise the guy is still in the car still sitting in his seat which was in the back seat... his seat had been pushed so far back that he was still sitting in it but in the back! A bit of blood trickling down his head, obviously knocked out if not dead. We see 2 fire trucks coming from wither direction - one on the wrong side of the road. At this stage my mate and I are like what the ******, how did this guy manage to get himself into this mess on a straight 3 lane road. I Dropped my mate back and went to have another sticky beak about 10 minutes later. By this time there were 3 fire trucks 4 police cars and 2 ambulances, the fire trucks had just put away 2 of the "jaws of life". Then i saw the unfortunate soul on a stretcher... with a white blanket over him.

Pretty terrifying stuff, not what I really wanted to see on my way home. Makes me think back to all the stupid stuff I have done in my car and realise how lucky I have been - may he rest in peace

HRT R.I.P
Might be time to change your user name, and the little saying under it (I hope Holden Die?!?)
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 01:04 AM   #44
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Yeah it's a bit over the top
Old 24-08-2006, 01:36 AM   #45
Danny
GT4.

Donnie Road just near Church Rd? The bus stop? So he presumably hit the Brick Retaining wall near the Manningham Council Building, Blockbuster Video, Doncaster Holden, BMW, Silver Star Merc and Strapp Ford.

Thats My area! Surprised I didnt go past it as I drove down there twice on that day!

Good to hear no one was injured, still, not an nice sight. Look after yourself Hrtrip.

-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 08:12 AM   #46
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
It's terrible stuff.
My condolences to their family.

I feel sorry for the attending emergency crew.
I did that stuff for a lot of years in the country and I don't miss it at all. Responding to road accidents all bloody night, pulling some poor bastards out of a car.
Old 24-08-2006, 03:31 PM   #47
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you want to see a tasteful fatality, play Mortal Kombat.

Let's end it now though. The lesson is "Drive carefully. Use your judgement. Assess the conditions and drive accordingly. And respect your car!"
Old 24-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #48
max
LWBforME

Quote:

Let's end it now though. The lesson is "Drive carefully. Use your judgement. Assess the conditions and drive accordingly. And respect your car!"
Thats the lesson for sure. But it needs to be reinforced over and over again. It can't be overstated for some. Example: today I see a tetchy little hoon P-plater(not having a go at all P-platers) pull out from a line of cars in his noisy VL, tromp it to fishtail and screamed passed six or so cars way over the speed limit he woud be. What happens? He gets to a rail crossing and is stopped with all those he went past. What did he gain? A tingling sensation in his nuts? Probably, the ****weak little tosser! Everyone around who was passed by him looks and shakes their head like he's the most pathetic excuse for a life he probably is. Question is: Will he ever get the lesson?
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #49
86XFFairmont
No Car Too Low Too Tow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcook
personally i think these events need to be shown to Learner & Provisional-(professional?) licence holders to remind them there not great drivers and that this can happen to them.

I am a P Plater and i totally agree, id like to take all ove my mates who think there all invincible throught the yard at work and show them all the cars that come thru and scare them enuff to not do nething stupid
Old 24-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #50
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by max
Question is: Will he ever get the lesson?
Not in his present reincarnation. With any luck he'll come back as a paramedic.
Old 24-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #51
86XFFairmont
No Car Too Low Too Tow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB_5.0_WAGON
As a tow truck driver for 2 years i saw mainly the aftermath of fatal accident but a couple i had to go to i still remember quite vividly.
One was a commodore ss50 ute which hit a corolla directly in the drivers door at about 90kms without braking ( corolla pulled out across major road) and the driver was still in the car when we arrived. Not a nice sight.

After that i decided i had enough of scraping dead cars off the road and moved to QLD and within 3 months i basically watched a 15yr old girl get hit and killed. and to this day i can still hear the ambo guy on the fone ask me if she had a pulse and could we do CPR which we couldnt( i wont go into why)

BUT LIKE OTHERS HAVE SAID IF YOU KEEP THINKING ABOUT IT OR YOU WAKE UP FROM DREAMING ABOUT IT THEN YOU NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE, ANYONE IT DONT HAVE TO BE A SHRINK AS THIS WAS HOW I DEALT WITH THE SIGHTS I HAVE SEEN.
That bad ive never heard ne thing thats bad out ove all the smash drivers i know and work with (dad Included) and thats sent shivers, i feel for ya mate i really do. i hop i dont have to deal with sumthing as bad as that but its part ove the job i guess...
Old 24-08-2006, 04:09 PM   #52
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:

I agree and think people on this site need to make a change and frown upon topics which reference speeding or dangerous activities. Unless the post is clearly stated to be refering to drives done on closed motorsport circuits, there should be no reference to speeds over 110km/h

Why?? you ask.

From the RTA website:
Quote:
Based on this research it can be concluded that

In a 60 km/h speed limit area, the risk of involvement in a casualty crash doubles with each 5 km/h increase in travelling speed above 60 km/h.

There are three reasons that small reductions in speed make such a large difference to risk.

1. Small differences in speeds mean differences both in time to collision and ability to avoid a crash.
Even if a vehicle cannot be stopped in the available distance, the collision can still sometimes be avoided. When a driver is speeding there is less time for both that driver and any other road user (either a pedestrian or another driver) to:
Recognise danger
Decide on an evasive action (brake, swerve)
Complete the evasive action
Furthermore, a vehicle travelling at a higher speed is more difficult to manoeuvre.
2. Small differences in vehicle speeds, before braking begins, can result in large differences in impact speeds.

The diagram below shows the relationship between speed, stopping distance and impact speed. This example illustrates how impact speed can differ between two cars with only a 10 km/h difference in travelling speeds:
...consider two cars travelling side by side at a given instant, one car travelling at 50 km/h and the other overtaking at 60 km/h. Suppose that a child runs onto the road at a point just beyond that at which the car travelling at 50 km/h can stop. The other car will still be travelling at 44 km/h at that point2.
3. Even small differences in impact speed make a large difference to the probability of serious injury.

The reason for this difference is that the force of the crash varies with the square of the impact speed. For example, a 70 km/h collision has about twice the force of a 50 km/h collision.

This is just more proof that there IS considerable NEGATIVE consequences of travelling at faster than signposted speeds. Speed restrictions are set by proffessionals who have weighed up the gain of extra speed against the costs of reduced vehicle performance. We might feel our cars can comfortably do an extra 20-30km/h but it has side-effects
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #53
janddbone
B1 - J & D Services
Donating Member1

I hit a tree in my old Benz in June, walked away with bruised ribs. Praise the Lord... Makes you concentrate more though, it does not take much to stuff up!

I might put some photos up soon...
1999 Subaru Imprezza Sportwagon
1998 Holden Suburban 2500
1995 Land Rover Discovery TDI
1994 XG XR6 Longreach
1983 Holden Rodeo
1975 Datsun 120Y wagon
1970 MG Midget
1967 Rover 2000TC
Soon: Model T.
janddbone is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #54
86XFFairmont
No Car Too Low Too Tow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregxr8
i drove tow trucks for about 10years it does'nt matter how many fatalities you attend you dont get used to it. hope it does'nt haunt you some of them can

Altho i havent been doin it for long i would have to agree from seeing crashes wen i was younger and went with dad in the truck before the alocation and DA system came in and i have to agree it does stay with ya unfortunately.
Old 24-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #55
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

There was a video with a few shocking scenes, the ones i remember were the bloodied interior of a smashed up car where a young guy was speeding, lost control and went off the road, clipped a ditch and the car flipped, landed upside down. Then they interviewed the family of the guy afterwards(about a month or so after i think) and that was heartwrenching..mind you i didnt watch much of it, i left the room because it wasnt long after my older brother was in a car crash and was seriously injured (spine, internally etc), his mate killed and 2 other friends had serious injuries, and i couldnt bear to watch it.
We were shown the film in yr 11/12 (umm 3-4yrs ago) when the Firies came out with an old hyundai and chopped it apart with the jaws of life. Now that was awsome in so many ways, the force those things exert is astounding...and after talking to the Firefighters who came out they told us about a few things they had to witness.
Unfortunately it occurs everyday.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #56
86XFFairmont
No Car Too Low Too Tow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChic
There was a video with a few shocking scenes, the ones i remember were the bloodied interior of a smashed up car where a young guy was speeding, lost control and went off the road, clipped a ditch and the car flipped, landed upside down. Then they interviewed the family of the guy afterwards(about a month or so after i think) and that was heartwrenching..mind you i didnt watch much of it, i left the room because it wasnt long after my older brother was in a car crash and was seriously injured (spine, internally etc), his mate killed and 2 other friends had serious injuries, and i couldnt bear to watch it.
We were shown the film in yr 11/12 (umm 3-4yrs ago) when the Firies came out with an old hyundai and chopped it apart with the jaws of life. Now that was awsome in so many ways, the force those things exert is astounding...and after talking to the Firefighters who came out they told us about a few things they had to witness.
Unfortunately it occurs everyday.
they did the same with us at bout the same time and got us to test out the jaws and spreaders gotta say there heavy buggers
Old 24-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #57
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max
Thats the lesson for sure. But it needs to be reinforced over and over again. It can't be overstated for some. Example: today I see a tetchy little hoon P-plater(not having a go at all P-platers) pull out from a line of cars in his noisy VL, tromp it to fishtail and screamed passed six or so cars way over the speed limit he woud be. What happens? He gets to a rail crossing and is stopped with all those he went past. What did he gain? A tingling sensation in his nuts? Probably, the ****weak little tosser! Everyone around who was passed by him looks and shakes their head like he's the most pathetic excuse for a life he probably is. Question is: Will he ever get the lesson?
I think we have all done something like that. If we can be honest enough to tell it.
I was once stuck behind a car for 4 min he was doing 30kp/h in a 50 then 60 zone, With no overtaking at all i had to sit behind as the traffic builds up behind.
4 min of this was getting to me as the cars behind started to beep horns and this driver wouldn't respond. Now I'm all for taking care and driving and ignoring anyone behind you that might want to go faster. But a driver like this is only flaming a situation and building frustration behind them. Plus doing 5-10 less then the speed limit is not as bad as 20-30.
So first sign of a passing i went around him and it was wet but i keeped going and got clear, 2 min later i arrived at a red light, This car then comes up next to me and gives me this grin a grin you could slap off. He was really enjoying it all and left the lights burning rubber as i went left. Until he took of i felt like a tool, When he left the lights i thought he was just a plan smart ****.
Old 24-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #58
janddbone
B1 - J & D Services
Donating Member1

Heres the photos of whats left of my old Benz. I missed a T intersection, usual story, crap road ( Left hander, then a T!!!), dark, raining,.... No excuse, we all need to be careful.

Very thankful I was in this and not my XD as I would not be sitting here typing this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1137.jpg (30.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1144.jpg (35.6 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1145.jpg (36.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1148.jpg (37.0 KB, 51 views)
1999 Subaru Imprezza Sportwagon
1998 Holden Suburban 2500
1995 Land Rover Discovery TDI
1994 XG XR6 Longreach
1983 Holden Rodeo
1975 Datsun 120Y wagon
1970 MG Midget
1967 Rover 2000TC
Soon: Model T.
janddbone is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 04:48 PM   #59
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

You were very lucky man They made them things tuff thank god.
Old 24-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #60
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
I think we have all done something like that. If we can be honest enough to tell it.
I was once stuck behind a car for 4 min he was doing 30kp/h in a 50 then 60 zone, With no overtaking at all i had to sit behind as the traffic builds up behind.
4 min of this was getting to me as the cars behind started to beep horns and this driver wouldn't respond. Now I'm all for taking care and driving and ignoring anyone behind you that might want to go faster. But a driver like this is only flaming a situation and building frustration behind them. Plus doing 5-10 less then the speed limit is not as bad as 20-30.
So first sign of a passing i went around him and it was wet but i keeped going and got clear, 2 min later i arrived at a red light, This car then comes up next to me and gives me this grin a grin you could slap off. He was really enjoying it all and left the lights burning rubber as i went left. Until he took of i felt like a tool, When he left the lights i thought he was just a plan smart ****.
Trust me mate... this guy I have described was a faaaaarkin ****er!! Like I described, the 6 - 8 pairs of incredulous eyes and shaking heads of other onlookers as he rolled to a stop at the crossing, having gained absolutely nothing from his pitiful peurile and reckless bravado, confirmed my impression of him.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post