Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-08-2005, 02:48 PM   #31
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda
Yes, I was up there in June............cruise control set to 200km/h, life is good. Funny thing was, we had just been cruising at that speed for hours and passed through a little town in the middle of nowhere with a 60km/h speed limit. One of the guys got pulled over for doing 64km/h!

It proved to me that speed does not kill.

Panda
lol tell that to the poli's

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 04:22 PM   #32
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
Yes, I was up there in June............cruise control set to 200km/h, life is good. Funny thing was, we had just been cruising at that speed for hours and passed through a little town in the middle of nowhere with a 60km/h speed limit. One of the guys got pulled over for doing 64km/h!

It proved to me that speed does not kill.

Panda
Speed definately doesn't kill, Inappropriate use of speed kills!

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 04:59 PM   #33
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
Speed definately doesn't kill, Inappropriate use of speed kills!
even that doesnt kill you

a wise man once told me "the fall doesn't kill you, it's the landing that kills"

and in a way the same applys here, it's not speeding that kills it's what you hit, so if there is nothing to hit...
-----------------------
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 05:49 PM   #34
Steffo
LPG > You

I've always thought that their in-car radar does not work unless their car is stationary.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 05:58 PM   #35
XRQTOR
Banned

Speed doesn't kill it's the sudden stop at the end that does.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #36
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
I've always thought that their in-car radar does not work unless their car is stationary.
Sorry Steffo it works moving or stopped and coming at you or following.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 08:38 PM   #37
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Sorry Steffo it works moving or stopped and coming at you or following.
Mobile Radar is generally only used stationery, when clocking stationery vehicles!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 08:46 PM   #38
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Mobile Radar is generally only used stationery, when clocking stationery vehicles!

Thats only when the mobile radar is immobile, if the mobile radar is mobile it can be used to track mobile objects, but only if they go in one direction at a time, if they go in more then one direction at the same time they cant be detected. Now if they move in three or more directions at once in an oblique manner you will need an immobilized mobile radar thats moving in a parallel direction to one of the oblique movements but must not form a trapezoid with one of the other directions from the parallel movement. Turn left at the hypoteneuse, and keep your hands off my rhombus.

are we clear?

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 08:48 PM   #39
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Thats only when the mobile radar is immobile, if the mobile radar is mobile it can be used to track mobile objects, but only if they go in one direction at a time, if they go in more then one direction at the same time they cant be detected. Now if they move in three or more directions at once in an oblique manner you will need an immobilized mobile radar thats moving in a parallel direction to one of the oblique movements but must not form a trapezoid with one of the other directions from the parallel movement. Turn left at the hypoteneuse, and keep your hands off my rhombus.

are we clear?
It's clear to me you paid to much attention in maths and not enough attention to girls and fast car's lol. Now go play with his rhombas
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 10:27 PM   #40
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
It's clear to me you paid to much attention in maths and not enough attention to girls and fast car's lol. Now go play with his rhombas
You know, on cold nights, I like to imagine you own that set of cleavage in your avatar.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 10:56 PM   #41
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
You know, on cold nights, I like to imagine you own that set of cleavage in your avatar.
There not yours? Damn another of my fantasies hits the toilet.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 09:06 PM   #42
devil cv8

Quote:
I was under the understanding they need ed a clean 2 sec lock to get a correct speed.
It was 3 seconds, but that has been removed from the australian standards. Not sure if the NSW police operating procedures have been updated.
Quote:
The normal error for mobile devices is 10%. Fixed devices (speed cameras etc) are more like 5%.
Its not the error, it is the leeway the officer gives. 10% in NSW is a very safe speed, unless the cop just found out his wife is having an affair, then it's anyones guess what leeway he gives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Also, I don't know how much truth there is in this but apparently if you let the matter go to court and are found guilty of the charge; you don't lose the points in NSW because you aren't paying the fine to the Infringement Processing Bureau, your paying the fine to the court. This means at the IFB they cannot complete the fine/points transaction on their computer as it is not in direct receipt by the IFB. Has anyone else heard of this?
as has already been said, nope. What does happen though is the points don't occur until you are found guilty, either by paying the initial fine or by being found guilty in court (even before paying the fine). The delay though can mean you already have waited 12 months of the 3 years before the points come back. My understanding (from listening to magistrates talk in court) is the magistrates no longer have the discretion to change the points for an offence, and are close (may have happened now) to losing discretion on minimum dui offences.

Quote:
I could contest the matter, but honestly who has a day to sit around in court waiting for the matter to be heard for the sake of 75 bucks. I think I'll just send them $100.
what about the 3 points though... under 15 and 15 to 30 over is 3 points..

Quote:
should aslo be able to beat it in court seeing as it doesn't actually detect radar if ou ever get caught with it.
I think you will find a radar detector offence is preferable to being caught with a jammer... federal offence for a jammer, state for the detector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
He also reckons career highway patrolmen are the worst police on the force, because all they give a rats **** about is fining people. According to him, most GD officers hate being partnered with HW/P.
In my experience the GD are a lot worse than HWP on the south coast, even though we have one officer who is a real mongrel. I've had plenty of chats with HWP (both roadside and just in passing, official and off the record) but everytime I have dealings with GD I end up having to wear a suit a few times. (another 1 coming up, but they have to find me first) HWP on the other hand have been very friendly, being let off for 20 over etc etc.

Quote:
Thanks for pointiong it out, have seen it before and it cannot be used as it is not an actual hard copy. Number 3 would let me walk, he couldn't have had a 3 sec lock even if i was doing the limit and there were no car's in front of him.
read what I said above... BUT if the 3 second rule is still in the procedure manual, then you do have an out. BUT again, it is up to you to have measurements and maths to back up your claim he couldn't have a 3 second lock in the distance he said he did.
for example, if his evidence is "I observed this vehicle for 3 seconds and in my estimation it was travelling at an excessive speed, and the radar unit confirmed it over a 3 second lockon" then that is 6 seconds... HWP cops though visit court on a regular basis and don't normally make simple mistakes. In a previous case I observed (closely I may add) the 2 witnesses were a HWP officer and a prosecutor. they wanted to read from their statements (this was 11 months after the offence) which were made more than 6 months after the offence. My solicitor objected and it was upheld. The prosecutor witness came across as a bumbling fool... the HWP cop however even had me convinced I was guilty...