Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Best Ford Dealer in Adelaide for Warranty Service
Adrian Brein Ford 3 9.09%
Wayne Phillis Ford 5 15.15%
Rebel Ford 3 9.09%
Jarvis Ford 2 6.06%
BS Stillwell Ford 8 24.24%
Maughan Thiem Ford 12 36.36%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #31
FPV 5TH

What a lot of people dont realise i think is that many Ford dealers and a few others are owned/controlled by a larger group called Adtrans. I personally bought and have my GT serviced at MT Port Adelaide but i wouldnt say they are wonderful. Firstly their dedicated FPV section is a load of bull. I turned up early to pick up my car and it was down with the rest of the regular Fords up on a hoist. Secondly, they damaged my door sill and black plastic near the bottom of the rear door taking out my drivers seat to supposedly fix a fault in the seat material. They never said a word until i found it later. The fix was to paint the plastic and they never repaired the material in the seat fault although it was promised they would get new covers in. I also had the first oil change at 7500 kms. When i got there they had charged me for a full service when i had stated ONLY oil change. Also they had Mobil 1 on the bill when it should have been Castrol Edge. I was assured it was Castrol but who knows? I did end up only paying for oil so that was good. Last, wheel rotation and wheel alignment. Car pulled left after alignment took it back they said tyre wear. Had it done again elsewhere and its perfect. Bear in mind this was a brand new GT bought from them. I admit I know little about cars but when i know more than the so called FPV service manager i think its a problem. However, I still go there simply because i think they are the best on offer as far as dealers are concerned.
Old 22-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #32
v gate

My mothers fairlane done a trans (warrenty) and was told it was her fault for towing to much weight with it. Oh is that right was her reply. guess what no tobar. what an idiot.
Old 22-05-2007, 06:11 PM   #33
Wokkas
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Screw Adrien Brian's. They stripped my sump plug, and glued it in with silicone. I arranged to meet with the service manager, and when I got there, I was told he was on holidays. And as for that wet sock of a man Martin.......
Old 27-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #34
ATMO SIX
BAtmo-bile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning BF_GT
What a lot of people dont realise i think is that many Ford dealers and a few others are owned/controlled by a larger group called Adtrans. I personally bought and have my GT serviced at MT Port Adelaide but i wouldnt say they are wonderful. Firstly their dedicated FPV section is a load of bull. I turned up early to pick up my car and it was down with the rest of the regular Fords up on a hoist. Secondly, they damaged my door sill and black plastic near the bottom of the rear door taking out my drivers seat to supposedly fix a fault in the seat material. They never said a word until i found it later. The fix was to paint the plastic and they never repaired the material in the seat fault although it was promised they would get new covers in. I also had the first oil change at 7500 kms. When i got there they had charged me for a full service when i had stated ONLY oil change. Also they had Mobil 1 on the bill when it should have been Castrol Edge. I was assured it was Castrol but who knows? I did end up only paying for oil so that was good. Last, wheel rotation and wheel alignment. Car pulled left after alignment took it back they said tyre wear. Had it done again elsewhere and its perfect. Bear in mind this was a brand new GT bought from them. I admit I know little about cars but when i know more than the so called FPV service manager i think its a problem. However, I still go there simply because i think they are the best on offer as far as dealers are concerned.
I too have had some poor servicing by Maughan Thiem. When I first started to use them, I thought they were great as their customer service is excellent (book in, book out, SMS service reminder, etc). Then I started to learn a little more about my car and check the car after the services. This is when I started to realise that the service quality was poor. They are good for oil changes (with their oil) @ $250 min, but that is about all. I don't want to go into detail and appear to bag them, but I have had damaged parts on a few occasions, and a shocking wheel alignment that still affects the car. There just seems to be a lack of care and respect for the customer and the car, which seems to be consistent with all Ford service divisions. The biggest problem is the cost to me. Not only is it the exessive price of the service, but I have to arrange the time to take it in and pick it up, which is OK in the first instance of the service, but then I find all the problems after the service and have to arrange to take it back, again in MY time at MY cost, sometimes multiple times. Then there is the stress factor. I enjoy my car, enjoy driving it, enjoy adding little mods, etc. It stresses me knowing I have to take it back to get fixed, or having it leave the service worse off than when it went in. It is stupid I know, but I lose sleep over this $h!t, and I shouldn't have to. I won't even begin about the panel shop!

The best service option is to find a good mechanic, someone you can trust will do the right thing by you and your car, and respect your opinion and concerns. A good mechanic will get to know you, and will strive to achieve a high quality of service as their business depends on it. Leave the government fleet cars to Ford service. Can anyone recommend good mechanics in SA? I can highly recommend Heinrich Performance and Tuning (Bruce) and MV Automatics. Just had my auto serviced and Michael did an awesome job. I am now looking for a good wheel alignment place. Is there a thread which lists the excellent service businesses in SA?

I did not vote in the poll as there was no NONE option!!!

GO: Pacemaker 4495 Comp headers - ceramic coated, 3" Magnaflow Metal Cat, 2.5" Redback with twin tips, factory 3.45 LSD, Green Filter, F6 twin CAI, grill air deflector, Tridon High-flow thermostat, DBA slotted rotors, Underdrives, B&M Trans Cooler, Custom tune by Heinrich Performance & Tuning
SHOW: FPV alloy pedals, XR mats, XR scuff plates
RWKW's: Original - 135, Now - 179.4
ECONOMY: 10.7L/100Km

...and now...***FOR SALE***

http://www.bseries.com.au/atmo_six
Old 28-05-2007, 03:40 PM   #35
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
It stresses me knowing I have to take it back to get fixed, or having it leave the service worse off than when it went in. It is stupid I know, but I lose sleep over this $h!t, and I shouldn't have to. I won't even begin about the panel shop!
It's not stupid mate, I know exactly what you are talking about. For some reason they think people have time to keep taking the car back again and again when in actual fact it costs time, money and stress. Is it that outrageous to ask the job be done right the first time ?
AU III XR8 red ute
Old 30-05-2007, 11:35 AM   #36
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Maughan Thiem Night Shift, is the way to go. Greg runs this and he is fantastic - that is who I trust with my car, in Adelaide. There is no-one else IMO.

Cheers
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
Closed Thread