Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #31
Scott

In my experience, flogging the gut's out of a car has little to no affect on re-sale values. If the body is tidy, the interior is neat and it run's like it should you can expect normal re-sale. I'd have said I am really hard on cars but it sort pales against your torturous efforts.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #32
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR
In my experience, flogging the gut's out of a car has little to no affect on re-sale values. If the body is tidy, the interior is neat and it run's like it should you can expect normal re-sale. I'd have said I am really hard on cars but it sort pales against your torturous efforts.
Agreed, if it runs, then how could anyone tell? Obviously if you thrash a car the probability of running into mechanical problems is increased, but unless the buyer pulls the engine and gearbox down, I don't see how hitting the red line would stop them from buying it. Unless of course they check your books and see you went through 4 gearboxes, a few blown diffs, dropped a few valves and bent a rod or two. Then of course its time to sell it without books, or 'forget' to include those in the warranty cards.

Reading this thread makes me want to buy an Accent as a day to day driver. I never realised how tough they are.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #33
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Man, you are my hero. Seriously. lol. I would never ever drive my car that hard. Mainly because although I think I am a good driver for everyday city driving, I don't think my abilities allow me to do that.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:50 PM   #34
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyB
Reading this thread makes me want to buy an Accent as a day to day driver. I never realised how tough they are.
You think so??

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
Brake pads : every 6000km when going hard!
Tyres : ~10,000km when going hard
Replacement parts under warranty : 3 gearbox replacements (bearings melting from high wpeed, synchros, diff blew apart), ball joints, some computer rev limit thing,
After warranty : Took it a bit more easy on the gearbox, so only 1 more gearbox.
Replaced Lots of wheel studs : overheated with my braking, and lose strength, they snap like a twig!
Had lots of flat tyres :even 2 at once sometimes, so drove on a rim at some stages, once for 100km sparking along the roads..
Old 03-05-2006, 06:28 AM   #35
jzab
Generally missunderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
This thread is useless without *more* pics!
The Hyundai on its khanacross winning day!

jzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:38 AM   #36
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Sounds like you have had a lot of fun it.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #37
tex
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzab
The Hyundai on its khanacross winning day!

And that's what recreational motorsport is all about.

rung what ya brung. Hats off to ya for fronting up with a Korean, then kickn *** on the way to having soooooo much fun. And the trophy !!!!!

Excellent !

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote