Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-10-2007, 09:25 PM   #31
perrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Seriously thinking about buying a PS3 even if GT5 is the only game I play. Hell we had a PS2 and I only ever played GT3 :
The new 40GB one costs $699, and I am seriously considering one for Xmas
perrys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2007, 10:01 PM   #32
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

are they backwards compatible with ps2 games?
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #33
3vXT

I just got a 8,25.491 with a Typhoon (oil change and N1's).

3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 02:07 PM   #34
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
are they backwards compatible with ps2 games?
The $699 one wont be.
Old 22-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #35
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Seriously thinking about buying a PS3 even if GT5 is the only game I play. Hell we had a PS2 and I only ever played GT3 :
Sony are pushing Polyphony to finish GT5 earlier than original deadline due to the fact people only buy the consoles to play Gran Turismo... I, like yourself, am one of those people.

BMW CSL E/E and oil change (odo <1000km), 8:00.3xx... with room for improvement. Secret is smoothness (less drifting), but find it hard with control pad at times. I think I might get sub 8's tonight.
This is the first time - after reading this thread - I've tried the economy tyres and can say, it has put a smile on my face. Soft tyres are too boring lol.
Old 22-10-2007, 10:09 PM   #36
Ringo
I see you....

I have pulled an 8.22 CSL on N1's and that is about as good and I can get it...its like a new demension to the game driving on N1's

I like the screen 20Focus05...I'm going to have a crac at some of those times particularly your lowest all time ring time....
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #37
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
This is the first time - after reading this thread - I've tried the economy tyres and can say, it has put a smile on my face. Soft tyres are too boring lol.
Couldn't agree more. I did half a lap today with the F6 on the normal sports tyres (S2's i think) and it felt so fake after using the N1's for so long. It felt almost glued to the road, unrealistically controllable if that makes sense.
Do you remember the details of the Motor mag comp? I think it was with the Gran Turismo 350Z with S3's in arcade mode? I think with the -20% weight and +20% power that you can select in arcade mode but i'm not sure.

I think all the people bitching (on other forums) about how unrealistic GT4 is compared to newer games should spend a few days with the N1's first. While IMO the power oversteer physics are based more on momentum than they probably should it is very slight and a pretty small flaw for a 3 year old game.

As others have said, GT5 will be here soon and from what i've seen, will be on another level completely.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #38
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
Couldn't agree more. I did half a lap today with the F6 on the normal sports tyres (S2's i think) and it felt so fake after using the N1's for so long. It felt almost glued to the road, unrealistically controllable if that makes sense..
I know exactly what you mean, it makes perfect sense. I thought the F6 would be a handful though with those tyres but surprisingly, it handled pretty well compared to the CSl... albeit alot slower. Don't tell me your aiming for sub 8's with the F6 as well... very hard to get 8.15 at this stage for me.

Quote:
Do you remember the details of the Motor mag comp? I think it was with the Gran Turismo 350Z with S3's in arcade mode? I think with the -20% weight and +20% power that you can select in arcade mode but i'm not sure...
Yeah, full weight reduction and full performance increase, any tyres and with or without aids... I managed 7.10... the winner got 7.00, I have no idea how. When I spoke to Jesse Taylor the Editor at the time even he couldn't understand how they got that time. So I resorted to cutting corners and banging into walls (which takes the fun out of it) to get that time. Maybe they slipstreamed the ghost lol....

Quote:
As others have said, GT5 will be here soon and from what i've seen, will be on another level completely.
Can't wait... just need to get it past the wife and into the garage. I wonder if I can gut the PS2 out and fit it with PS3 internals??? Theres gotta be someone out there that knows how to do it surely!!!
Old 23-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #39
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

GT5 FTMFW. I have PS3, and hanging for this game to be released! :

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 01:44 PM   #40
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Damn you guys, Im going to have to give it a crack now :(

Just curious, how many of you have completed and won that championship with the formula1 car? Im about half way through, and winning it, but god what a bloody marathon! Once thats done thats it, Ive done just about everything.

Also something else that is interesting. Sometimes I race manual (when I could be bothered), and my mates give me crap for this but I find you can have just as much control over the car with an auto, so I dont bother with the manual anymore. How about you guys? I dont think the game is that realistic that you get a couple of HP from the transmission choice.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #41
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Damn you guys, Im going to have to give it a crack now :(

Just curious, how many of you have completed and won that championship with the formula1 car? Im about half way through, and winning it, but god what a bloody marathon! Once thats done thats it, Ive done just about everything.

Also something else that is interesting. Sometimes I race manual (when I could be bothered), and my mates give me crap for this but I find you can have just as much control over the car with an auto, so I dont bother with the manual anymore. How about you guys? I dont think the game is that realistic that you get a couple of HP from the transmission choice.
Yeah I can beat them with the R89C.... haven't completed it - too long - but tried every circuit and was quicker over the "complete" distance due to less pitsops... I don't wanna complete it otherwise the minister of defence and finance will kick me outta the house.
Old 23-10-2007, 01:51 PM   #42
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Yeah I can beat them with the R89C.... haven't completed it - too long - but tried every circuit and was quicker over the "complete" distance due to less pitsops... I don't wanna complete it otherwise the minister of defence and finance will kick me outta the house.
The R89C is the grand turismo F1 car? (just so I know what you are talking about). Im taking about the championship with all of those cars.

I usually race the first few pit stops, get a good enough lead and then just B-Spec it. Id better get something good when its done (winners prize cash is $3M I think).
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 23-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #43
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

No, its the Nissan Le Mans race car... the blue, red and white one.
Yeah the championship like you say is very long, so what I did was about 30 laps on each circuit of the championship just to see if I could complete it AND win. The "F1's" are faster but not when they pit more than I do over the duration of the whole race. Thats how they're beatable. At some stages, the R89C is purely faster as well...
Old 23-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #44
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
No, its the Nissan Le Mans race car... the blue, red and white one.
Yeah the championship like you say is very long, so what I did was about 30 laps on each circuit of the championship just to see if I could complete it AND win. The "F1's" are faster but not when they pit more than I do over the duration of the whole race. Thats how they're beatable. At some stages, the R89C is purely faster as well...
Oh, I thought you could only enter with the F1 car...damn it! Too late now though.

Im way quicker than the comp with the F1, I just kill the tyres and you cant change them to super hards :( So I just pit a few more times than them.

Such a good game considering the amount of time Ive been playing it.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane