Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-10-2005, 10:26 PM   #31
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was a bit of a teararse when I was a young bloke,and I can tell you its a real pain when they pull you over and call you by your first name.
(All in front of girl Ive taken out on first date mind you : )
Then again, walking into the local cop shop on an unrelated matter and finding my name and rego on the highway patrol notice board didnt prove to be much fun either. :
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 10:31 PM   #32
MrFlibbles
ill have a beer milkshake

a mate of mine got pulled up in his hg panny van we just finished the 350 chev conversion, and it was nice. they pulled him up as he was following me in the car we were taking to the wreckers, an old xa sedan with nothing good left on it! the rear bumper was zip tied on, the rear lights were not working, it blew smoke and had 4 bald tyres.... they never even looked at the xa.
1969 Isuzu Florian
1976 Chev luv (really its just a rebadged Isuzu!)
1980 Isuzu KB 4x4
MrFlibbles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 02:10 AM   #33
argonEL
Cruisin' When-ever I Can!

Ive driven a few cars and some ive been pulled up in and others not...

Old mans XY ... young person driving it around = pulled over
Old mans AU wagon ... never pulled over .... ever
Moms BA XR6 ... drive it all the time and once again never pulled over
My EL ... copbait, but they hardly ever go for it. Ive only been pulled over 4 times in it (one speeding, one RBT roadblock and other 2 random)
Mates POS Barina ... I hardly ever drive it but 90% of the times that ive driven it ive been pulled over.
The other one is one of my mates had a XF Fairmont Ghia in Burgandy and that thing was a cop magnet... pulled over all the time. He got rid of it to solve his problems and got a EF Fairmont...

I haven't really been pulled over that many times tho coz most of the time i am a sedate driver...

More mods to come!

Ex 97 EL Futura, 04 XR6 and 07 XR8 Owner.
argonEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 02:15 AM   #34
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Would hate to have a bad wrap with law enforcement.
Never been pulled over, so far so good (RBT stations excluded)

Last edited by JADED6; 06-10-2005 at 03:30 PM.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 03:45 AM   #35
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Same here tried to find rubber in the guards, looked around the car then proceeded to pull my seat belts to see if they work... Said ok & drove off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 06:26 AM   #36
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb
I don't like it but will continue to drive... it that ok? :P
Thank you.
NIGHTHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 02:02 PM   #37
micksta

some of you are lucky ... i own a stock commo (was given to me so take it easy) and i got pulled over at least 4 times a week.... how's that for a bad scene aye.

for some reason now i don't get touched/looked at ??
micksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 02:48 PM   #38
FordFan86
meow

I was just pulled up by the police, i wasn't in my car tho.
Was told that it was illegal to ride a bicycle without a helmet (even in a carpark) which i was aware of, and if your not smart and just accept what they're telling you and have a nice conversation they let you go with a warning. I did find it weird however, that it is illegal to talk on a mobile whilst riding a bike :S that to me is utter BS.
They then followed me out of the shopping centre and pulled up across the road as i crossed an interseciton, to watch me, after i crossed they left.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 02:58 PM   #39
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
Was told that it was illegal to ride a bicycle without a helmet (even in a carpark) which i was aware of, and if your not smart and just accept what they're telling you and have a nice conversation they let you go with a warning. I did find it weird however, that it is illegal to talk on a mobile whilst riding a bike :S that to me is utter BS.
They then followed me out of the shopping centre and pulled up across the road as i crossed an interseciton, to watch me, after i crossed they left.
: I got pulled over by the police on my pushie about 10 years ago. Had the lights flashing. No helmet, wrote me a ticket for $40. Made me push the bike all the way home. Told not to ride the boke with out a helmet. Dont let us catch you again. I even had to produce a drivers licence with proof my my address. Anyway after they left i decided to keep pushing the bike as I was less that 1 k from home. Got to my street, and the police car is parked opposite my house.

Cheeky buggers. Could be out trying to catch crims for crimes a little worst than mine.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 03:40 PM   #40
FordFan86
meow

Pffft shoulda told them you didn't have a licence on you they did not need to know where you lived.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 03:49 PM   #41
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
Lucky they didnt defect you for harmful emissions.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 11:52 PM   #42
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubas
This is most likely with the 3km/h subtracted. So, your mum was doing 65. I was booked by a speed camera, and was sent a fine saying I was doing 61 in a 60 zone. Bring back the 10% tolerance!!!

Gubas
Not anymore, the tolerance is now 2km/h. Her recorded speed was 64Km/h and the speed she was booked ofr was 62. Im not sure i could even tell the difference between 64 and 62 on a speedo, but apparently Bracks thinks we can.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 12:01 AM   #43
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII XR8 MAN
I know a few HP guys that work the M4 & they all say there not worried about people doing 10-15km/h over because there is alway some one doing 30km/h over & just love to stop them.
and it's ALWAYS some bogan in a dog-dick red Excel or a Lancer Coupe.... ALWAYS.
Old 30-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #44
hotxy71
i want a blower.....

A couple of years ago i han an XE sedan. OK, it was a bit of an eye opener, Grey primer with electric blue flames up the bonnet and guards... low as hell and bloody loud, but it was definately road worthy. Was driving to work one morning, down Bell st, Coburg, Vic (sensibly too, was in traffic, which wasnt even moving). Cop did a U turn, pulled me up, went over the car and booked me for not displaying a P plate. It was there, however, it had fallen off the windscreen onto the parcel shelf! The bottom of the plate was still stuck to the window! $110 fine later, im on my way. Dont these guys have anything better to do?
Had a Stock Capri convertable with 15" alloys. Driving down Elizabeth Street, city, cops followed me all the way down the street, pulled me over coz my headlights were bright?!?! W T F!!! When i showed them the hi-beams they let me go, but only after keeping me there for 10 mins while they checked over the whole car.
Been pulled over once in my XY, for failing to indicate. Cop looked at my car had a chat and let me go. Nice guy. Why arent all cops like this?
Even in the ute, its bloody loud, Cops dont look twice.
I dont get it!?!?! The XE was a P.O.Sand the Capri was stock?

Stocky but tidy!

XY Fairmont Sedan
Electric Blue
302 Windsor
C4
Custom Exhaust
18" ROH RT's
hotxy71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 05:31 PM   #45
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

I have had the ute since August and not 1 policeman wants to look at it :

Maybe because I am old bald and ugly, but I always overtake cop cars and leave them behind at lights (in a professional safe way), when I can. And not one of them has looked twice.

I have been keen to show it off but no, I'm too old too be a hoon :

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #46
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Police do pull people over for none other than random checks. Generally the younger cops, who are learning, pull over more vehicles for no reason, whilst they learn their ropes and it is their job to look for things. Nothing untoward. I have been pulled over to like this and has not bothered. But I think due to the nature of what police are it attracts comments like this.
Old 30-01-2006, 06:55 PM   #47
XRQTOR
Banned

Being pulled up is nothing new esp if your young. What really Sh*ts me is when they get smart, i bought my new xr8 when i was 19 and they always make smart remarks about where the money come from. I have since realised that they kinda get upset when you tell them that at half their age you earn more.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #48
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I have been pulled over once for a random check. Nothing was wrong, young guy who appreciated the fact that I had a clean car. Was only a little late to the footy kick off. But meh.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #49
BroncosXR8
Soldier on

I dont know what all you guys in Vic whinge about the traffic cops are the same everywhere, as for speed cameras I'm not sure what the tolerance is but dont think it's as low as Vic, but whats the dif between 62 and 66 - a couple of mm of throttle.
I was in Melbourne for 12months and the whole time drove my '79 LTD - you know the huge rolls royce grill ones. Never got pulled over for anything (bar 1 speeding fine), Im young, shaved head Big barge ИИИИ car with jellybean mags drove it through Melb city all the time, didnt get hassled once.
Easy dont speed dont get fined.
(I wish i could take my own advice...lol!)
BroncosXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #50
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

My most recent was almost 2 years ago
Was useing my XE for work (tradeys racks ladders etc.).
this car had been registered about 6 weeks
was for a roadworthy check, they let this POS datsan
that was rusted to the max go past and pulled me over.
the first check was to see where my mobile phone was
(sitting in the hands free kit) second check was the tyres
started questioning the loudness of the car. I ended up saying to him if you have checked my rego you would know how long this car has been on the road and you would also know that there is nothing wrong with it.

As I drove of I gave it a burst (V8s with bigebores sound awesome) and all of his mates looked in astonishment that my old XE drove off with no yellow sticker

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 10:30 PM   #51
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
That is exactly what it is like in Melbourne, nice car = 100% chance of getting pulled over if you look under 30!
I think your right there. I was driving my Buick with 10X15 rears loud twin exhaust & bright red paint Job. In front there was a young couple in a VR/S Commodore doing nothing wrong like myself execept being young looking having 17"'s. exh note & lowered the 2 Tog officer's cruised pass me slowly the passanger one looking into the Buick & myself but as I being a older driver they then speed up to the Commodore & signaled him to pullover put their flashing lights on & pulled in behind the Commodore driver.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 10:43 PM   #52
Aussie_Geo
Aussie_Geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
I have had the ute since August and not 1 policeman wants to look at it :

Maybe because I am old bald and ugly, but I always overtake cop cars and leave them behind at lights (in a professional safe way), when I can. And not one of them has looked twice.

I have been keen to show it off but no, I'm too old too be a hoon :
ha ha John,

I hear you mate, they must reckon us old farts are pretty harmless :hihi: ..... or its because they are showing due respect to their wise elders :

Peter
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 09:28 AM   #53
Nappa
Impressive...

I've got a mate on his P's he drives a burgandy EB Fairmont Ghia, it lowered and has EL GT rims, its a nice looking car, a little bit sporty but not over top, anyway he's been randomly pulled over about 5 times in the last 2 yrs, never been booked for anything.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #54
BlackLS

My ol Pulsar with exhaust = Pulled over every Friday and Saturday night.
Falcon = Never pulled over and went through an RBT check with worn rear tyres and they told me "you need to change your rears soon mate, seeya"
Focus = Never, they even waved me straight through the checkpoints going into Cronulla, while the riot tension was high.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 10:56 AM   #55
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Id say not a lot of people get done for <15km/h on the highways because the cops know there is bigger fish to fry. Its mainly speed cameras that will get you for this.
Unless you are in Victoria!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
That is exactly what it is like in Melbourne, nice car = 100% chance of getting pulled over if you look under 30
Nice cars get pulled over
rough cars don't!

So stop maintaining your cars, allow them to be substandard and you will not be defected.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #56
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO

So stop maintaining your cars, allow them to be substandard and you will not be defected.
LOL

In Sydney most cops especially local police don't care about going over up to about 15ks. I actually had a cop give the the thumbs up for speeding over the limit to let him through quicker(his disco lights were on, oncoming traffic and there wasn't a shoulder for another 200m.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #57
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

I used to have a 1982 Series2 RX7.

Was a great little buzzbox

Attracted police in droves... Got pulled up at least once or twice a month.
At the time i was seeing a girl on the other side of the city, so i crossed quite a few policing area's.
Hence the reason for so many stops and breath tests.
So i have a very healthy collection of breathilzer tubes
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #58
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you collect the tubes?

Once the 400R kit goes on the R33 I think it will attract a little more attention than it currently does but I am not usually driving in the more heavily policed areas. Might be going in other people's cars to Knox though :P
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #59
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
you collect the tubes?
They just made thier way into the glove box, collection grew before i knew it
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #60
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

The way I see it, if I had a nice car and it got stolen, then I'm fine if the police do this to random motorists around the clock, they just might randomly find my car. If you listen to a police channel on the scanner for any amount of time, you'll see that car and licence checks make up about 80 - 85% of the radio traffic and they do come across stolen vehicles by chance. Vehicle pursuits are very rare to catch on air, though.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post