Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-11-2006, 08:14 AM   #31
Abacus
Life's a Gas

I have noticed a **lot** of unmarked cars pulling up drivers in the last 6 months or so.

Do we have any NSW Highway Patrol members on the forum who can confirm the extent to which marked HP cars are being replaced by unmarked cars?
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 08:39 AM   #32
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seriously these cars are so easy to pick - you'd have to be not paying much attention to get done - which is good because inattentive drivers are the cause of accidents not minor speeding.

Just the other night I was going down the M4 in the right lane doing 124km/h, coming up on a Silver BF XR8 in the left lane. From a far distance away the fact that it had 4 short aerials and black tint gave it away - slowed to 115 get next to him, look across, blue starched shirt, blue/reds on the dash with radar. Cruised past at 115 he didnt even take a look.

I am convinced that despite the stories the NSW Highway patrol are out to get the serial offenders/hoons, people doing excessive speeds (30km/h +) ect. Personally I haev never had a problem with them.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 08:47 AM   #33
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Seriously these cars are so easy to pick - you'd have to be not paying much attention to get done - which is good because inattentive drivers are the cause of accidents not minor speeding.

Just the other night I was going down the M4 in the right lane doing 124km/h, coming up on a Silver BF XR8 in the left lane. From a far distance away the fact that it had 4 short aerials and black tint gave it away - slowed to 115 get next to him, look across, blue starched shirt, blue/reds on the dash with radar. Cruised past at 115 he didnt even take a look.

I am convinced that despite the stories the NSW Highway patrol are out to get the serial offenders/hoons, people doing excessive speeds (30km/h +) ect. Personally I haev never had a problem with them.
5km's is within theit 10% limit of variation. to be pulled up for speeding you would need to be 10km's and over for them to start looking, unless sargeant sidenko is desperate to meet monthyl budget...

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #34
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon
5km's is within theit 10% limit of variation. to be pulled up for speeding you would need to be 10km's and over for them to start looking, unless sargeant sidenko is desperate to meet monthyl budget...
Yep I am well aware of this - 121km/h is the magic number for the M4 :
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 09:33 AM   #35
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Stripes and dark tints i can handle.....but non standard plates?

I was on the F3 freeway a white XR with black stripes dark tints and unbelieveable NON black-yellow plates but the slimline black on white "personal" style. WTF? :
Old 09-11-2006, 09:51 AM   #36
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPfalcon170
has anyone seen the black alfa romeo with police stickers going around bonnyrigg/ fairfield?
you mean this one? took the photo at stocklands at wetherill park.

apparently there is a WRX with rally stickers getting around that way as well. so ive heard.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:52 AM   #37
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighto42
That would be this one I think...

He was doing laps of Blaxland Rd in Campbelltown yesterday while I was out and about. Got a few people too.

http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xr8copjz8.jpg
that looks like a cop car. the blue light is a giveaway - lol.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #38
BlewThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_R
that looks like a cop car. the blue light is a giveaway - lol.
i spose the policeman in the picture isnt a giveaway :gren:
BlewThunder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 12:31 PM   #39
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

Bit unrelated, pulled out of aservo the other day, across the green light at an intersection, cop car turning right across the front of me, had to slam on the brakes, let him past and I kept going, next thing I know he does a handbreaky and pulls me over...

Says that I was driving dangerously, I said to him that he didn't give way, I was not speeding (hard acceleration, no wheelspin, no speeding) you are at fault... he goes, righto move along then...

I respect our esteemed police officers, however some of them are just idiots.

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
AshMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 01:00 PM   #40
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Yeah 10 klms over on a freeway is more dangerous than back streets...
My comment wasn't abut safety, it was about the fact that I never see any police in the back streets where the main issues are.

Maybe I didn't pick up your sarcasim
:
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #41
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
My comment wasn't abut safety, it was about the fact that I never see any police in the back streets where the main issues are.

Maybe I didn't pick up your sarcasim
:
Yeah ya missed it!

I was agreeing with ya!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #42
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longreach
well, i might go check out the goverment auctions next year then, try pick myself up a nice little x cop xr6 or xr8.

On the comment on speed cameras as revenue raisers.
Yes they are, but look at it this way lets say we get rid of cameras and speeding tickets. Then thats a big junk of money removed from the police force budget, how will the goverment pump more cash into the police you ask?? Take it out of the tax payers dollar which in turn will lead us to pay a higher tax. So either the people that do the wrong things on the road - speeders etc - help pay for the police or everyone pays. I'd much rather it was the people that speed contriute more than i do as well ye.

Just my 2 dollars.

Pat
DON"T do it. they treat them REALLY BADLY.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #43
Tiga_EL
Banned

Dont the Undercover cars have red plates usually? Or is that something else?
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #44
Aeron
DJR Fan

Cool. Now people will think mine is a cop car.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #45
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
ETA-60L - As well as a winter white BF XR8 with the full stripe kit dark windows and theres a couple of XR6's seen one turbo others just stockers. Theres a red commo and a silver one aswell. We can't win in Western Sydney.
Win what?? Don't drive like a tool and you won't come under notice.

Quote:
Im actually quite ****ed about this but theyre running around WITH P PLATES on under cover cars : . Iv seen the red commodore with them but didnt believe it until my mate got pulled up by them and it was in the local paper yesterday.

Is that legal ???
Yes, IF the officer is a P plater.

In any case, IF you can show me the legislation that prohibits them from wearing a P plate when they are not P plate license holders, then we might have complaint. The same legislation will apply to you too.

Quote:
They play games with people they want to pull over. Overtaking then slowing right up and trying to race off the lights etc etc
They are really stooping low now :
Then don't take the blindingly obvious 'bait', be a man and continue driving normally. I remind, the new graduate licensing systems being implemented *will* target the reactionary character traits.

NB - Those of you in the habit of driving around with front fog lights on full-time will notice more attention being paid for this offence. My local pulled up two offenders within 20 minutes yesterday:-)
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #46
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Then don't take the blindingly obvious 'bait', be a man and continue driving normally. I remind, the new graduate licensing systems being implemented *will* target the reactionary character traits.
This happened to me in Wollongong. I own a Bionic Typhoon with drak agents rims, he (officer in white XR8 with black GT strips) pulled up beside me, foot on brake, reving car, and as soon as the light went green, off he went like a ********. Why shouldn't he loose his licence for that.

This happens to me everyday because of the car I drive, and I do ignore it and get on with life, doesn;t excuse the performance of the police officers.

Much like our Members of Parliment, think they are above the law......
Old 09-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #47
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

ohh goodie., another thread heading in the right direction
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 05:15 PM   #48
I_Con
Formally known as "Con G"

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Im with xcgxl, I would steer clear of ex highway cars. They are treated horrendously. I had a friend who bought a VX SS ex highway car and it was the most unreliable heap of shite I have ever seen. Of course it was under warranty but it was forever going back having work done. While I was hanging around him he had to have diff and tranny replaced. None of the safety recalls had been done. It had woeful suspension. It had more than its fair share of oil consumption issues and all this on a one and a half year old car with less than 80,000 klms on the clock.

If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Click here to see my Territory Pics.
Click here to see my Navara Pics

I_Con is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 06:09 PM   #49
XPfalcon170

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
you mean this one? took the photo at stocklands at wetherill park.

apparently there is a WRX with rally stickers getting around that way as well. so ive heard.

it was the same as that, but a black one. I have seen the Wrx with the rally stickers. It would be there at wetheril park stocklands on many friday and saturday nights.
XPfalcon170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 06:44 PM   #50
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:

He was doing laps of Blaxland Rd in Campbelltown yesterday while I was out and about. Got a few people too.

Blaxland rd is like shotting duck for the police. I see them there all the time with cars pulled over.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #51
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin

I know a few HWP guys that work out on the M4 & they toll me a few times they worry about poeple going 120-130km/h becuase there is always some going 140km/m plus along there.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:18 PM   #52
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well here is one for the books!. Driving along Beach rd here in Melbourne, city bound, i noticed a marked Police motor bike had pulled a car over, when i got closer there was another motor bike beside it with the same type of flashing red & blue lights. The only thing that was different was that the 2nd motorbike was burgundy and unmarked!!!
Shifty Buggers!
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 09:47 PM   #53
HOON69
Banned

Quote:

seems to me this car gets around alot ;)

:
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 11:07 PM   #54
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know two coppers, one in a GT-P and another in a 5 series bmw that regularily pull over people on the way to work. The dude in the bmw got involved in a road rage incident on the way to work the other day. The other guy pushed him off the road. Needless to say angry civi had a very bad day from that point on. Classic.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 11:57 PM   #55
GT-E

There is a unmarked Bionic XR6 Turbo with orange stripes getting around Sydney's Northern Beaches.
They also have a marked Bionic T as well. They look good in that colour.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:27 AM   #56
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapXR6T
There is a unmarked Bionic XR6 Turbo with orange stripes getting around Sydney's Northern Beaches.
They also have a marked Bionic T as well. They look good in that colour.
there is a car that exact style/ colour getting around newcastle / central coast wit hte numberplates

R B T
Old 10-11-2006, 01:54 AM   #57
xr8man83
Grunt Files

wow is it a new thing for the cops to have unmarked cars down there cause they are everywhere up here they even had a ss ute with a motorbike in the back of it getting up and down the coast afew years back up here no that is cannie
xr8man83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:00 AM   #58
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6cylEA
I want the one in Warratah cop shop, pearl black silver GT strips and silver BOSS 290 on the bonnet...Ohhh I want...
It goes well mate and uses a tank of juice every 6 hours or so. I'm gonna follow that one all the way to the auctions but it still has a while to go before it gets replaced.

Also, if you want a ex NSW government XR8, be quick as they will be all eventually replaced with XR6Ts. Bodgy alternator on the V8 but the six seems fine.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:14 AM   #59
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8BLOKE
Well here is one for the books!. Driving along Beach rd here in Melbourne, city bound, i noticed a marked Police motor bike had pulled a car over, when i got closer there was another motor bike beside it with the same type of flashing red & blue lights. The only thing that was different was that the 2nd motorbike was burgundy and unmarked!!!
Shifty Buggers!

I have noticed that ever since that cyclist was killed police presence has increased like crazy... On a trip along beach rd from Mentone to Rex Hunts fish and chips i spotted 2 fully marked and 1 unmarked!!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 10:19 AM   #60
Grum
Bringing the Spartan back

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

That silver XR8 with orange stripes was parked in the bushes (yes in the bushes!) in the middle of the m5 last night. About 2km before the first Ctown exit. He pulled out just behind me and took off at about 120 until the exit.

I also spotted marked shockwave and toxic XR8’s between Cooma and Nimatabell last weekend. They are a lot harder to pick from a distance than their white comrades are.

I think you will find it is common practice for LAC to swap their unmarked cars between each other when they become a bit familiar in the area. I’ve seen quite a few different types around my area. The biggest surprise was the Suby outback, with lights, antenna, computer and uniformed driver I saw on the Harbour Bridge a little while back. The commander down at manly also has a done up but unmarked commy wagon.

Cheers Greg

East Coast Suspensions
Road - Race - Performance & Prestige Car Service

BOSS 5.4L Silicon hose kits for sale
BA/BF FPV parts for sale

The only negative thing in your life should be camber

Blue Power Racing Enhanced
Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Grum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post