Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #31
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman
You reckon its that easy...???

crying over a scratch...thats not the point at all....the point is, why the ****** should he have to pay for damage that was done deliberately by someone else???
Yeah it actually is that easy. Things can be much worse so just take the bad with the good and move on. I completely agree that he shouldn't be paying to fix the damage these disrespectfull scum have made, but at the end of the day he has no idea who did it. Unfortunately thats the way the cookie crumbles..

A few months ago some a*sehole scratched my mums rear bumper while exiting a carpark and didn't even have the courtesy to leave a note. Yeah i was ****ed off for a while but it was nothing $400 couldn't fix. Pay up and move on.. no point crying over spilt milk.
chich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #32
Aeron
DJR Fan

I think if I saw someone keying my car, shortly after they'd be close to being dead.

Its not the $$$, its how well will the new paint match the old.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #33
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

firstly sorry about the news but look on the bright side, it could have been worse.

My mum's car was keyed a couple weeks ago. the front bumber, the lights, the sides, the door handles, the rear. The car is an xcel and was sitting on our front lawn. The car may be a write off because if may cost more to repair then what it's current market value. My dad was just thankful he garraged the GT that night.
Our suburb is very peaceful so I can't understand this. I think we have a neighbour who hates us because 2 years ago my dads old falcon had his tyres slahed. My sister thinks the keying happend at 2 am because we have a rotti and he was going off for 10 minutes. She didn't check because she thought it was just a cat. If i was up I would have been up and ready because my dog doesn't growl for nothing.

The marks are so deep they touch the metal. It was not done for jelousy because the car was already in a bad way and its only a lowly xcel with dints on the roof and cracked interior.

The good news is that it is insured for 6 grand so we may be getting it if the insurance company pay out. there is some complications but who knows. I might try and go to the auctions and buy it back really cheap. It has low ks and mechanically is in good nik. My dad is a spray painter so he can re spray it for my birthday. In a perfect world my mum gets a new car and I get a car cheap with a brand new spray job.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #34
monkeydog
Shift for brains

Quote:
jealousy.
Interesting to think that someone was jealous of my mums 1984ish Toyota Tarago when it was about 14 years old.
monkeydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #35
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I had one of the first BA's in late 2002 (A Mercury Silver Fairmont Company Car).

I stupidly parked it in someone else's parking spot while at the hairdresser's.

EVERY panel on the car was keyed, & every tyre was slashed. WTF ?

Police took the report - it was obvious who did it (Kabab shop owner at the shopping centre who's spot I parked in). Nothing happened.

I was tempted to take my own revenge (acid on his hood etc), but I couldn't lower myself to that level.

In the end the guy's shop went broke......... Karma I say.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:26 PM   #36
BFXR8Silhouette
Nate

This happened to by BF XR8 a few weeks back at work. (outside a bank in a country town). Same sort of damage to 3 cars parked in a row. An orange VE SV6 My XR8 and a Mid 90s model Camry : So I dont buy the Jelousy reasoning. I think it's just down to boredom and proving how "tough" they are.

Still makes me feel sick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Keyed.JPG (39.9 KB, 78 views)
BFXR8Silhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #37
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I ever catch one of these punks I'll... :jab:
I don't buy the jealously theory either... I have two Volvo 940s ('92 and '93) worth about 3 grand each. Both have been keyed and all the badges have been pulled off :. Who would bother vandalising the boxy old volvo? :
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:32 PM   #38
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbs19
jealousy thats what I put it down to.
Yupe....if they can't have and enjoy it then you're not going to enjoy it either.
Gutless act for sure....sissy slap or a punch from behind are in the same league.

ing_sm
Old 04-03-2007, 04:38 PM   #39
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

I think its more like a pyramid scheme.

START OF A CRAP DAY

IF Animal 1 scratches Humans 1's car THEN

Human 1 turns into an Animal 2,

Animal 2 scratches every nice car they see,

Human 2 turns into an Animal 3,

Human 3 turns into an Animal 4,

Human 4 turns into an Animal 4,

Human 5 turns into an Animal 5,

Animal 2, Animal 3, Animal 4, Animal 5 go on a scratching spree and then you have a parking lot full of Animals :

END OF CRAP DAY NO.#

Its got to be something along those lines..
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #40
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

bEAn86 you are in the wrong forum. move over to bogan.com.au there's probably room there for you
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #41
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo
bEAn86 you are in the wrong forum. move over to bogan.com.au there's probably room there for you
Yeah and while you're there learn to spell too.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #42
67XRT

Default creased door

Came back to my car after dinner one night to find a four inch long crease in the drivers door. Now normally you would never be able to prove who did it however, this long haired grotty POS rocked back to his car so I asked if he was responsible for the damage. The reply was definately not what I expected. "yeah what of it." before I could reply he comes out with "I'm sick of you rich pr##ks and your fancy cars, I got a car and I dont give a sh#t about my car or yours.

As you could probably guess I lost it. Thank goodness for steel cap work boots, or I would have a few broken toes after removing my boot from his door. The little POS just laghed at me and drove off. The crease came out and the paint exchange polished out, dont think his door would buff out though.....

After I calmed down I sort of regreted bringing myself down to his level however, his attitude was beyond belief.
67XRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:43 PM   #43
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67XRT
Came back to my car after dinner one night to find a four inch long crease in the drivers door. Now normally you would never be able to prove who did it however, this long haired grotty POS rocked back to his car so I asked if he was responsible for the damage. The reply was definately not what I expected. "yeah what of it." before I could reply he comes out with "I'm sick of you rich pr##ks and your fancy cars, I got a car and I dont give a sh#t about my car or yours.

As you could probably guess I lost it. Thank goodness for steel cap work boots, or I would have a few broken toes after removing my boot from his door. The little POS just laghed at me and drove off. The crease came out and the paint exchange polished out, dont think his door would buff out though.....

After I calmed down I sort of regreted bringing myself down to his level
however, his attitude was beyond belief.

What car did you own then?

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:04 AM   #44
ebfalcon13.5
grey bumperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEAn86
yeah im feeling a little gillty about doing keying peoples stuff and i probly wont do it again this weekend, its fun, but im still kind of sorry
your a *very bad boy* mate !!!! i hope you get a nice car one day and someone keys the **** out of it and all your mates cars.. i know my car may not be worth all that much but if i seen anyone keying it i would knock them out with my slide hammer

Last edited by tickford2001; 06-03-2007 at 03:04 PM.
ebfalcon13.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:24 AM   #45
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well the person who has keyed my mum's car has screwed me over. I had my P test booked for this Wednesday and now I have to cancel because that is the only day my mum gets off and the insurance assesor is looking at it on that day. My dad wants me to change the day of my test now. I told him can't the assesor wait? and he said tha he would rather me go in a car with no damage because it looks more professional. I guess he is right so I will have to wait for a replacement car. who knows how long that will be?
Old 05-03-2007, 12:27 AM   #46
DirtyHarry
Do you feel lucky?

Quote:
yeah im feeling a little gillty about doing keying peoples stuff and i probly wont do it again this weekend, its fun, but im still kind of sorry
Don't feed the troll.
DirtyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:54 AM   #47
DirtyHarry
Do you feel lucky?

A friend of mine's car was keyed fairly recently. It is a Merc. He had only owned it for about 3 months.

But my friend isn't particularly wealthy. He's got an average job, gets average pay, lives in an average suburb.

The Merc is a 1998 C200. My friend paid about $15,000 for it.

No doubt the knobhead who keyed his car has gone off with a warm fuzzy feeling in his chest, thinking that in some bizarre way he has achieved retribution against the elite capitalist ruling class, or some such rubbish. In reality, all he has done is cause hardship for a thoroughly decent hard-working bloke.

Whoever did it is a total bloody moron.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:24 AM   #48
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

BEAn86............................

If you put up that post as a "JOKE" , you'd better get on here and clear up the fact .

IF NOT , I think you'd better steer clear of here Forever...

Back on topic :-
I don't know if many of you will agree with me , but I think "Keying" just comes down to Vandalism . Same as Breaking shop windows , Graffiti , Ripping up council gardens , Trashing someones house , Smashing bottles on the street , etc.

Most of the time it's kids wandering the streets with nothing better to do . I think a lot of it is Lack of Parental Discipline ?. when the kid is growing up .

I tell my young bloke "If you go to do something , think about it , if it's right , Ok ... If it's wrong , DON'T do it"

Just my thoughts

Norm

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:38 AM   #49
I_Con
Formally known as "Con G"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67XRT

After I calmed down I sort of regreted bringing myself down to his level however, his attitude was beyond belief.
Should have taken his details and made an insurance claim, if he doesnt care about his car iI bet he would care when he's forced to pay for it.

That attitude just shlts me, fair enough you dont care about your own car, but I though a little respect for other peoples property was norm.

If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Click here to see my Territory Pics.
Click here to see my Navara Pics

I_Con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:58 AM   #50
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

If i ever find someone that did it to my car ill get the most blunt key i have push it into there face and drag it down real slowly
Old 05-03-2007, 06:02 AM   #51
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
Well the person who has keyed my mum's car has screwed me over. I had my P test booked for this Wednesday and now I have to cancel because that is the only day my mum gets off and the insurance assesor is looking at it on that day. My dad wants me to change the day of my test now. I told him can't the assesor wait? and he said tha he would rather me go in a car with no damage because it looks more professional. I guess he is right so I will have to wait for a replacement car. who knows how long that will be?

See if you can book a car with a driving school. If your just doing the test in a auto, book the car for just an hour. If your doing the test in a manual, book it for a couple of lessons right befor the test to get used to the clutch in that car.

I know its close to the test, but you mite be able to find a driving school thats not to busy at the moment. If you have to rebook your test, it mite be another couple of months. So Its worth it.

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:03 AM   #52
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A Lebanese woman I used to work with had 'WOG' scratched into her bonnet in BIG letters once. I thought that was kinda strange because it happened in the car park of Ashfiled Boys High and not at Cronulla and she was a really poplular, young teacher. One of the year 8 kids there did my car with his umbrella. The deputy (who also drove an XC) got it out of him after his "mate" dobbed him in and his dad offered to pay for it but it buffed out except for a bit the size of a matche head which I just touched up. He said he did it because he "just didn't like me sometimes". We nicknamed him George Karscratcher. He would be about 26 now, lol.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #53
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FluXx I
See if you can book a car with a driving school. If your just doing the test in a auto, book the car for just an hour. If your doing the test in a manual, book it for a couple of lessons right befor the test to get used to the clutch in that car.

I know its close to the test, but you mite be able to find a driving school thats not to busy at the moment. If you have to rebook your test, it mite be another couple of months. So Its worth it.
I'm doing manual so you're right, it would be better to have a few lessons before. I just don't want to waste the money. A lesson will be 40 to 50 bux. If I have 2 lesons that is 100bux + however much it will cost to borrow the car. MY dad offerd to pay for a car for the test but I'm the kind of person who wouldn't want to pay X amount of dollars just to drive a car, even if my dad is paying. I would rather wait, I got my whole life to drive. An extra month wont kill me.
I'm not allowing that scumbag keyer to make us fork out for a car.

Thanks heaps for the advice
Old 05-03-2007, 06:36 PM   #54
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Don't bother going to the police station after you do that. Somebody doing that to your car legally doesn't allow you to do such a thing.
If you're going to take 'em on, do it the right way...by the book!
Um no sorry that wont happen.
They didnt go by the book scratching the car, so I'll be doing it by the sbutler book, which differs from the normal book. :thebirds:

Then when I've done that, I'll be doing it by the normal book as stated.. :
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]greyute
I had my ute keyed around 2 years ago. $4,500 worth of damage. Found out who it was too. Lets just say he wont be doing it again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My sentiments exactly.. :hihi:

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:10 PM   #55
EB 2 XR8
Traino!

I had my car keyed (well actually it was a 20 cent coin) Does anyone know 'Loose Kid Industires'?? www.loosekidindustries.com Lets just say a certain someone from this label, decided to 'coin' my car (See Pics) I found that he was the one responsible, and i delt with it : Well lets just say i saw him out one day. Its plain and simple, don't **** with a mans car' It got keyed on both sides of the car and on the boot. It cost me $400 to get fixed from my mates dad, otherwise it would of cost $2000, i still don't think he got what he deserved. Pics of the boot scratched can't see very good because of the light so i left them out.

EB 2 XR8 - 5 Speed, All Black, SSV Bodykit,

EF 2 XR6 - 5 Speed, XR Kit, Sunroof,

Current Car:

EL GLI - Straight As!
EB 2 XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:14 AM   #56
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
You will be copping **** from me in every thread that i see a post from you, because you should be banned...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #57
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

i hope you dont live near me beAn, because if i see you near my car i will stab you.
i worked my *** of for my car and i DGAF if you want to look tuff around your mates or some ****. get a life.

i cant stand other peoples lack of respect for property. a mates ts50 look alike got keyed after he took to long to make a guys pizza at his work. wtf!?
Old 06-03-2007, 02:52 PM   #58
Typhoon WR
Starter Motor

I have had most of my cars keyed living in Newcastle and then Sydney. I'd be satisfied with a mandatory custodial sentance in other word jail for "keyers". Pretty much what I'd get if I caught one in the act.
Typhoon WR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #59
ED turbo (mickmalta)
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm generally a placid person........ but........... kill anyone that scratches, abuses or damages someone elses car..........

1984 Pontiac trans am

Gone but not forgotten: 1993 Falcon futura turbo.
ED turbo (mickmalta) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:25 PM   #60
DirtyHarry
Do you feel lucky?

Trouble is, if/when these little grubs ever do come up before the courts the act is seen to be a “minor offence”, even though, as has been said, the cost of repairing a typical keying job will cost around $2,000.

Now I don’t know bout you, but $2,000 is a heck of a lot of money to me, and it’s not “minor”. For a good many of us, a $2,000 expense amounts to about a month’s take home pay.

Given that anybody caught keying a car has probably keyed many more, you can only guess at what the total damage bill racked up by him might be. Again. it’s not “minor”.