Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-03-2007, 03:14 AM   #31
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick EB
why the hell would you do it in that car. those cars are ment not to be driven.
As others have , yep drive em hard, if you can why not, that is what they are for, It's a bit like dating the best looking girl in the school, you don't leave her home when you go out to party just incase she breaks a finger nail.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:52 AM   #32
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why the hell not! Its a car that was MEANT to be driven and enjoyed. It was not made to sit in a bloody garage and appreciate in value. If I had the money to enjoy such cars I certainly would not be worrying about their investment value - I would enjoy them to the max...
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:15 AM   #33
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Id be doing the same.

I dont know about you guys, but we own Fords because we can afford them, they are CHEAP to fix, and you can make them go hard.

If it was a vintage Porsche or Ferrari then thats a little different, but even then, the owner probably has the cash to fix anything.

Cars are built to be driven, so go for it.

This Drag Tag burnout thing sounds like a good idea, I cant believe there isn't more of the places around.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:42 AM   #34
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Id be doing the same.

I dont know about you guys, but we own Fords because we can afford them, they are CHEAP to fix, and you can make them go hard.

If it was a vintage Porsche or Ferrari then thats a little different, but even then, the owner probably has the cash to fix anything.

Cars are built to be driven, so go for it.

This Drag Tag burnout thing sounds like a good idea, I cant believe there isn't more of the places around.
I don't give a toss who does what with their own property. Some of the cars that have been mentioned in this thread are worth several $100,000 if you own one and want to take it out and kill it than that’s your choice. My temp starts to rise when some people express a view that those of us who respect our cars are somehow cowards or fools or scared to drive them hard. The reality is we would rather enjoy them by driving them on special occasions than take them out and do our best to send them to an early grave, for what?? So some pimply faced child can say, “oh wow, that was fully sic dude”. Where are they when its time to put tires on it, or rebuild the rear suspension, or worse a new engine!! Consider the roar from the crowd when the engine spills its guts all over the road, I don’t see anybody offering a new engine. Remember these are the cars that you drool over at shows. The fact is that they are ‘generally’ old and getting fragile, the parts are not available just anywhere and the cars are simply too valuable to put at risk. Thankfully the people who ‘would if they could’ will clearly never be financial enough to live their childish fantasies! But for those that can, than good for you it is your choice after all, your choice to do, or not!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:58 AM   #35
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Yeah whatever, I didn't say if you dont you a girly-man, simply stated that those who want to then who cares.

And if you have restored a car properly, and used better parts then it should be tougher than it came from the factory anyway.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #36
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie0735
I don't give a toss who does what with their own property. Some of the cars that have been mentioned in this thread are worth several $100,000 if you own one and want to take it out and kill it than that’s your choice. My temp starts to rise when some people express a view that those of us who respect our cars are somehow cowards or fools or scared to drive them hard. The reality is we would rather enjoy them by driving them on special occasions than take them out and do our best to send them to an early grave, for what?? So some pimply faced child can say, “oh wow, that was fully sic dude”. Where are they when its time to put tires on it, or rebuild the rear suspension, or worse a new engine!! Consider the roar from the crowd when the engine spills its guts all over the road, I don’t see anybody offering a new engine. Remember these are the cars that you drool over at shows. The fact is that they are ‘generally’ old and getting fragile, the parts are not available just anywhere and the cars are simply too valuable to put at risk. Thankfully the people who ‘would if they could’ will clearly never be financial enough to live their childish fantasies! But for those that can, than good for you it is your choice after all, your choice to do, or not!
my point exactly

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Sick EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #37
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
so what if it was a phase 3 big woopdy doo a tarted up xy v8! by the way i own and drive and thrash an xy fairmont. cars are made to be driven not trailered. if i had a phase 3, 69 302boss mustang, 70 429boss (427boss?) mustang, shelby supersnake etc etc etc aslong as it has tyres keys and petrol it will cop a hammering burnouts doughnuts and all! its only sheetmetal it can be repaired or replaced. i pity all the pansies out there that have the balls of a parrot and wont thrash a expensive car.
What the hell does your shithouse fairmont have to do with a phase 3? Some people view rare and collectable cars the same way some view valuable art or historical documents, if I bought the Mona Lisa or Declaration of independance and used them as napkins I would probably expect the associated beating.
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #38
wulos
Forum Director

I think we're getting a little carried away in this thread guys....
Let's respect other people rights to enjoy their cars however they see fit, regardless of whether that means pushing limits of the vehicle, or keeping the vehicle in pristine, better then factory condition.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #39
Tony xa
Streetrides panel & paint

I wouldn't do burnout comps with my car but I spent some seriuos time building my car and at the moment I could't afford to fix any damage .In saying that if I had brought my car the way it is now no different but I hadn't put the time in chances are I would do burnout comps .
I bet up on my Xa sedan that I brought but take it easier in my coupe with the ocassional squairt though the gears and burnout
Tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #40
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

I wouldn't do it because I am a pansy that doesnt have the balls of a parrot and wont thrash a expensive car. Well the fact is I spent way too long building it ..... not by myself as I dont have the expertese or experience to do it and couldnt be fagged doing it again even though I will do as much as I am capable of doing so I fob any repair job off to a qualified person,

Boy shame on me ........ A car enthusist with budgie balls and totally ashamed cos I fob repairs off to a 'qualified' person ....... I would have to be the only one!!!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote