Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-07-2007, 01:54 AM   #31
MeLLy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
My old man and I were going up a long hill on the way home as we have done all our lives and he was in his new 100 series Turbo diesel Landcruiser and I was following him in the T3. Now we were doing 110km/h, he was pulling away as I didn't want to get caught exceeding the maximum allowable limit in WA, and this was just as the hoon laws came into effect in WA.

My old man is 56 and drives a Turbo Diesel Landcruiser- he used to race cars and knows how to push this 2.2t barge up the hill, and I am now 27 and drive a Bright blue lowered T3 with racing stripes.

If someone had seen us going up the hill, who do you think would have been dobbed in? Yes, they can do that here.

These shows cast "hoons" in a very generalised fashion and it ****es me off something chronic. my old man is a bigger rev head than I'll ever be and I guarantee I'd be the one to come off second best in this example........

Society is becoming unbearable.
Exactly!!
But ppl will always believe what they are told and if the media and politions keep druming into them that high powered cars are bad,young drivers are bad the people are going to keep voting yes for them like mindless drones...Thinking they are somehow contributing to something "good" for their state....its sad how many ppl are misguided and fail to have any opinion at all.
If we could just get some decent leadership that sees beyond how much cash he has to spend at mc donalds.
MeLLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:08 AM   #32
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLLy
Well it seems you have got me there...
But since howard has been in is when these rediculious things have started!
Well maybe the vic's & every other state should try and fix these things because our state is following your examples like a lil lost sheep...
But in all seriousness if we dont stop this soon its going to only get worse because they will find out what they can get away with and what they cant and atm its revenue raising.Its all in the name of safety, but is it really..most of you know the answer to that question,The figures speak for themselves...
All the states are run by Labor...

Oh and whoeevr said ban current affairs shows I couldnt agree more - I can't believe some people actually take them seriously.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:00 AM   #33
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
All the states are run by Labor...

Oh and whoeevr said ban current affairs shows I couldnt agree more - I can't believe some people actually take them seriously.
Exactly.. The Labor state governments have brought these crap laws in country wide..The fact is they are all so Damn poor at running the states that they bring in these B.S laws to make millions of dollars to cover up all their shortfalls.Ban current Affair shows? Vote with your eye's,Don't watch them! I stopped watching their crap months ago. :
gs1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 AM   #34
'63Deluxe
Irregular Member

Seems to me that the penalty for doing something that might lead to an accident is far greater than actually causing an accident. :

Offences that used to have to go to court are now "on the spot fines" - So now you are guilty until proven inocent - not to mention the fact that you are now a source of revenue.
'63Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:04 AM   #35
red_hotxr6
Banned

I think another p-plater had a serious accident last and someone got killed. Any one hear about it.?
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:31 AM   #36
Eb Barbie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1973
Exactly.. The Labor state governments have brought these crap laws in country wide..The fact is they are all so Damn poor at running the states that they bring in these B.S laws to make millions of dollars to cover up all their shortfalls.Ban current Affair shows? Vote with your eye's,Don't watch them! I stopped watching their crap months ago. :
Yeah but the only thing is, thousands of other people havn't stopped watching those shows, keeping the viewing numbers up. The people that do watch it are probly those that call P platers/hotted up cars "hoons."
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:34 AM   #37
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_papa
i am all for it in residential places. stupid kids crank their systems in all hours of the night.
Those stupid kids really annoy me.
1) There is no need to have the audio that loud, if anything it is dangerous.
2) When I used to do it, I'd go someone away from houses.

I caught the end of the program and saw a Merc and a VL interceptor which had a 'P'.
I think they were showing that anyone can get done.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #38
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Engine noise? What is the world coming to?

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 03-07-2007 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Language
Felony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #39
MeLLy

Yeh another BA xr6 went thru another petrol bowser in brisbane! it was on the news last night...
Also here in adelaide one of our major main roads are lined with houses, should we all not drive on it for fear of waking someone up? you live there you expect it simple! but i always turn my music down when im in a small residental street..
And if every state is run by labour then we all might aswell give up voting for any of them. I would like each person in each state to be able to vote on the laws they bring out, that way we have more of a voice rather than choosing which one of them 2 is worse and who to keep out of leadership....I for one would prefer to have a chance to decline some of the stupid laws they are bringing out...and the more ppl just dont sit with it and let everything slide the more forcefull they will get...they are trying to silence us...the more practical way to go about it would be to protest etc rather than do what the commy drivers are doing and go on tv and say stupid crap and try to act hardcore and be some sort of rebels who dont respect the law...
The cops may abuse their power and be class 1 A**H**** but they are doing what they are told.
It sucks.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #40
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I, like id say the majority of mature sensible Australians have no major or particular issue with the tightening of road laws or in this case "hoon laws" as they currently stand because im not likely to ever do the kind of things that some idiots feel is their right to do and get caught out...
Again.. I personally have far more important things to use my voting powers for, things like the ecconomy, infrastructure, state of play for small business, my kids future etc are far more important to me than worrying about a couple of spoilt snivelling kids who feel hard done by because they can't play "doof doof" in their fully sic EB's and VL's etc while doing burnouts in safeway carparks, or "drifting" down a wet suburban road......

Old 03-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #41
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
***Huge rant about P-platers being victimised***
Here we go again!
Why does every P-plater feel victimised? I have NEVER been pulled over, and my cars dont exactly "blend in"
You said "welcome to a P-platers world"
Can i ask is it a different reality im driving in? Im fairly sure it isnt, and the same rules, still apply to us...
Basically, if you do something to attract the attention of the boys in blue, then you deserve it.
Also, there is more going on in the cop shop, reports from people and such...
Maybe you should just look at your own style of driving and ask "why?"

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #42
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Lol... "detecting" when a vehicle is being used improperly. Certainly sounds a lot more scientific than it actually may be...

"You hear that?"
"Yep. Book him Danno"

Quote:
And if every state is run by labour then we all might aswell give up voting for any of them. I would like each person in each state to be able to vote on the laws they bring out, that way we have more of a voice rather than choosing which one of them 2 is worse and who to keep out of leadership
Whilst individual democracy is a *tad* unworkable with 20 million of us on this great island... perhaps a career in politics awaits you?
Old 03-07-2007, 05:31 PM   #43
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLDNUT01
just saw on drive.com that victoria is setting a hoon hot line
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...ID=41393&vf=12
now i have a prob what happens when the person in the volvo doing 80 on the freeway/ highway when stated 100 rings the hotline because he thinks your a hoon for going past him or the neighbour gives you the s...s and you ring
call up and dob in the volvo driver for driving "dangerously" :P

Seriously,the big problem with "dob in" lines are vexatious calls,especially if the dobber is an upstanding type,dont get the car spot in the woolies car park?
call the hoon line...
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:42 PM   #44
XR8Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT8
LOL at revving!. I would love to hear why peoples cars get impounded for revving?. Most likely reason would be because they broke traction (which is understandable), but realistically that quote listed above contradicts itself. There is no risk in revving? If the car exceeds the DB limit or you drive the car in a "hoon" like matter, then they should re-state there phrase meant by revving. All cars have to rev to work.......!. A camry revving its little heart out trying to get up to 100 on a freeway can get impounded?. Im pretty sure revving goes in compliance for traction loss (its a tripple wammy law breaker for an action, one for traction loss, wheel noise and revving). :yeees:

What they mean by this is when a few cars commune in your local maccas car park on a thursday night to show off there hot VL or EA and take the tacho all the way to 4k as a way of having a standoff to see which one has the balls, maybe even just for shits and giggles Well the point being that this is very dangerous and frankly it has to stop.

Why are car lovers branded as hoons, enemy's of the state and its very existance for if they where to breed and grow for to long they would destroy the world as we know
XR8Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #45
Jesk
certified nutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
Here we go again!
Why does every P-plater feel victimised? I have NEVER been pulled over, and my cars dont exactly "blend in"
Can i ask is it a different reality im driving in? Im fairly sure it isnt, and the same rules, still apply to us...
Basically, if you do something to attract the attention of the boys in blue, then you deserve it.
umm speaking for melly her car blends in very well with everyone else nothing outlandish, no car club stickers and probably the most sedate driver in MFC (thats not a bad thing either melly). so maybe she does driver in a state of altered reality (no she doesn't come from parafield or salisbury!)
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #46
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8Master
Why are car lovers branded as hoons, enemy's of the state and its very existance for if they where to breed and grow for to long they would destroy the world as we know
They're not.. there's too much paranoia and exaggeration eminating from some of you.
Its only the tools who carry on in a dangerous manner that get labelled "hoons"...
If you're doing nothing wrong you've got absolutely nothing to worry, complain or winge about....

Old 03-07-2007, 05:58 PM   #47
TOM-CAT
F-14 TomCat

I would have to agree with that one. If you are a proper driver and you aren't speeding and all over the road, then you will have no problems.
TOM-CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:10 PM   #48
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_papa
i am all for it in residential places. stupid kids crank their systems in all hours of the night.
yes the pensioners need their 4 hours of sleep per night so they can be on the road at 6am - 9am so they can get their pills and soft yogurts.

I live on a main road, I get fully sick skylines with 5 inch mufflers, trucks using exhaust brakes, excessively noisey XC sedans and random VL's ploughing through my trees while enroute to the third major impact of the day. All day long, all night long.

If your biggest whinge is loud stereos, you need to harden up.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #49
sexr6tasy
Banned

well a minority do it and the entire lot of them get punished real fair half the people on this site about speed cameras and get done while there speeding maybe its time those people stopped worrying, complaing and wingeing about all the new laws and cameras to or is it just that they target everyone and not p-platers more double standards i say yes. Its a total lot of bullshit so LABOUR AND LIBERALS.
sexr6tasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #50
muppet

Do people really think that 50 , 60 and even 70 year olds are incapable of being hoons lol . My father in law was showing me the lap timer on his Aprilia motor bike and the first thing that came up was max speed which was 289 kph which he said he did on the road ( my father in law is 59 ) . He was getting his bike ready to go to Eastern Creek for a track day , he could only manage 236 down the strait that day . He has a mate that has blown up 3 WRX motors (top of the line ones whatever that is )because he wanted more boost and he is all but 70 This includes a 2.5 litre that had all the good gear in it lol ) , he now owns a Nissan 350 z . So think again if you think that 60 year olds have troubles picking the brake from the accelerator .
Old 03-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #51
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexr6tasy
well a minority do it and the entire lot of them get punished real fair half the people on this site about speed cameras and get done while there speeding maybe its time those people stopped worrying, complaing and wingeing about all the new laws and cameras to or is it just that they target everyone and not p-platers more double standards i say yes. Its a total lot of bullshit so LABOUR AND LIBERALS.
Can we now have it in english?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:44 PM   #52
sexr6tasy
Banned

A minority do the hooning and the entire lot of them get punished which is real fair isnt it. half the people on this site crap on about speed cameras and get done while there speeding, maybe its time those people stopped worrying, complaing and wingeing about all the new laws and cameras to or is it just that they target everyone and not p-platers more double standards i say yes. Its a total lot of bullshit so LABOUR AND LIBERALS.
sexr6tasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:50 PM   #53
MeLLy

Um Well excuse me TONKOXR8,
lets go for a drive then me and you...im not a bad driver i havnt crashed i dont do burnouts in my car its stock standard and so is the sound system but Hmmm driving home from work i've had police officers tailgate me into doing something wrong and then fine me for the smallest BS thing & all sorts, i could go on forever.
So before you sit at your computer and judge me, hear this...its people like you who are one of the accounted for mindless drones who just dont care whats going on around them! P platers do get victimised maybe if you went back down to your P's you will see this clearly enough to have some sense knocked into you!...
So Blah blah *** Blah!...And thank you jesk...
Also 4Vman I understand there are also more important things to place your vote on and a vast majority of people like me who really shouldnt have to worry about the hoon laws, & most of the time i dont but that doesnt mean when i do think about them i dont have a strong opinion against some of them. Most of the hoon laws are good because they protect us and the people who do wrong get punished! But its the rediculious ones im really worried about, but basically all iam saying is that they are getting too extreme and i think there should be a way where we could have our say and simpley tell them enough is enough...
We arnt all out there to drive like theres no tomorrow and crash and speed and do "hoon" things is all im trying to say and i will keep saying exactly how i feel about it, because say if they said to all you fully licensed drivers ok heres a new stricter set of rules on all of your licenses and reduced your points down so you had barely none! You all wouldnt just lay back and say nothing and not winge about it at all...There is singled out groups out there on the road, maybe if they were to put a rope around you guys and use you for target practice you guys might stop with the double standards and start looking at it for a perspective that isnt so biast.
Thats the End of my P plater rant thank you very much!

Last edited by MeLLy; 03-07-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #54
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexr6tasy
A minority do the hooning and the entire lot of them get punished which is real fair isnt it. half the people on this site crap on about speed cameras and get done while there speeding, maybe its time those people stopped worrying, complaing and wingeing about all the new laws and cameras to or is it just that they target everyone and not p-platers more double standards i say yes. Its a total lot of bullshit so LABOUR AND LIBERALS.
Well mate we have all been P platers at some stage. I have drove modified and loud 351 Falcons since I was 18 (13 years ago) and have never had a ticket.Yes at times I talked my way out of them but I beleive the majority of the time your Attitude will help or hinder you. I had mates who all lost their licences when we were younger..One off them walked for twelve months! A large majority of P platers bring alot of this stuff on themselves I'm afraid. Giving lip to Mr Plod and not nowing when enough is enough seem's all a bit to common. You can thank all of the legislastion and tough penalties in life to F@#%wit's Who keep pushing every damn limit because they are p@#$%d at the world. Get used to it because we can't change the laws.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:10 PM   #55
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well mate we have all been P platers at some stage. I have drove modified and loud 351 Falcons since I was 18 (13 years ago) and have never had a ticket.Yes at times I talked my way out of them but I beleive the majority of the time your Attitude will help or hinder you. I had mates who all lost their licences when we were younger..One off them walked for twelve months! A large majority of P platers bring alot of this stuff on themselves I'm afraid. Giving lip to Mr Plod and not nowing when enough is enough seem's all a bit to common. You can thank all of the legislastion and tough penalties in life to F@#%wit's Who keep pushing every damn limit because they are p@#$%d at the world. Get used to it because we can't change the laws.
Mate, i agree 100%.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #56
MeLLy

Quote:
Your Right & i do agree to an extent... :
Old 03-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #57
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
Here we go again!
im with Melly ... im on my P2's now, meaning that i dont have to display my P-plates .. but it's true that the police DO target p-platers ... i dont know why, maybe the PRESUME that we are doing something wrong ... and i'd have to say, that just because we are beginner drivers, doesnt mean that we are any worse than a fully liscnesed driver ... i've seen many full drivers that are hopeless, just because they have the 'experience' it doesnt mean they have the skill to drive ...

when i was on my P's .. i was pulled over 5 times in the 12months, for not doing aanything at all ... twice they tried to defect my STOCK AUI Fairmont ... another time they tried to do me for Towing on my P's :S ... and the other 2 i was in my parents cars, in which i got pulled over and asked whose car it was, and wether i had permission to drive it ... which they checked on ... and i wasnt doing ANYTHING stupid, i see myself as a VERY sensible driver ... and as they say "good drivers, just drive" ... its because of these minor PERCENTAGE of P-Plater Hoons that give the rest of us a bad name!

i pitty the fool on the bandwagon! :
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #58
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
. So think again if you think that 60 year olds have troubles picking the brake from the accelerator .

Muppet you are correct, there is no perfect age group.
However, our old mate Charlie Darwin has sorted out most of the real bad ones by the time they reach/or not reach that age.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:26 PM   #59
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Um Well excuse me TONKOXR8,
lets go for a drive then me and you...im not a bad driver i havnt crashed i dont do burnouts in my car its stock standard and so is the sound system but Hmmm driving home from work i've had police officers tailgate me into doing something wrong and then fine me for the smallest BS thing & all sorts, i could go on forever.
So before you sit at your computer and judge me, hear this...its people like you who are one of the accounted for mindless drones who just dont care whats going on around them! P platers do get victimised maybe if you went back down to your P's you will see this clearly enough to have some sense knocked into you!...
You are excused.
First of all, I have been on my P's for more than 2 years.
You have had officers tailgate you? well then, it would probably be the best time to drive properly, dont give them a reason to pull you over. And yes, i have been tailgated by the HP aswell.
But you did make a good point that is relevent to me, (in bold) There are more things in life to worry about than how the 'system is out to screw me' and how victimised i feel.
I dont care if im pulled over, If i have done something to deserve it, so be it.
If something on my car is unroadworthy, then thats my fault, not theirs.

***waits for someone to jump to the rescue***

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #60
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Exactly.. The Labor state governments have brought these crap laws in country wide..The fact is they are all so Damn poor at running the states that they bring in these B.S laws to make millions of dollars to cover up all their shortfalls.
Too true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote