Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #31
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Somewhere between 20 to 30%, depending on the month.
Oh-My-God......E-Gas was that important...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #32
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

maybe because they've got rid of so many models.

Holden has the LWB Satesman and derivatives, Ford has none
Holden has a wagon (and a nice one), Ford has none
Holden has a sports model V8 (SSV or whatever it's called now), currently Ford does not
Holden in my experience are willing to do very good deals (on Fords), and in my experience again, Ford is not
Holden has good marketing strategies.... finish the sentence for me..

But i'm really not sure.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #33
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

No doubt Ford has streamlined its build process and cut employees to about half of Holden's numbers.
While the low numbers look worrying they carry much less overhead than Holden so what looks
bad compared to Holden figures may in fact be quite tolerable to Ford while they await new products.

It's just hard seeing those low build numbers knowing the products are arguably better than Holden...
Great discounts on XR and G series vehicles, Territory too yet buyers are holding off...
Old 04-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #34
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The first set of our graphical look at the sales data is now uploaded into the Tech Area.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #35
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Russell,

For anyone interested,

Falcon 2368
Ute 802
Territory 971
Escape 191
Mondeo 303
Focus 780
Fiesta 979
Ranger 4x2 307
Ranger 4x4 ????
Old 04-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #36
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mondeo numbers are terrible........?

Looks like Ford are still maintaining the 4000 locallly built vehicles each month, I am hoping new terry takes that to over 5000......... :-)
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #37
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Mondeo numbers are always terrible, its competing against fresh lookers like the Mazda 6.

They also need to get rid of that goddamn Escape and get the frikkin Kuga here already. They'd probably sell 500-600 a month.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 12:02 AM   #38
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You gotta remember, the Commodre sold 3700 plus ute sales, Ford sold 3339 falcon and territories plus ute sales. They are only 360 or so behind, plus from my understanding, the falcon sells quite a few more in NZ than commodore does. So all in all, the numbers currently going thru broadmeadows arent that much different to those going thru elizabeth (holden sell some to mid east, but those numbers have died in the *** since GFC).

What should be most worrying for them all is that last year was apparantly a very bad year, and the cumulative totals for the two biggest categories in which ford and holden dominate locally are Large cars and 4x2 utes. Large cars up till november last year was 10.9% of the total market (as compared to 9.5% now) and the Utes were 7.1% now 5.8%. They arent catching any of the improvements in the market, because of their customers (not a high percentage of private sales).

On the Cruze side of things, I noticed Mitsy have sliced $2000 of the lancer in the last few months, Mazda have taken $1000 off the mazda 3, so the cruze is now sitting $2000 and $1000 above those two cars. And (only my opinion) those two cars i would rate above the cruze. I would expect one would see $2000 come off the cruze pretty soon. Thats gonna be a big cut that Holden will have a hard time swallowing.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 03:12 AM   #39
1TUFFUTE
Banned

are there any sold numbers on the new coyote FPVs out anywhere yet????
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #40
Falcman0o7
Banned

how pathetic. Cruze is an american car and as usual holden make them out to be 100% there own.

I HATE HOLDEN WITH A PASSION! Thank got the Corolla outsold Commodore! LOL!
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #41
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7
Cruze is an american car
?? or korean? daewoo lacetti premiere. i guess it is a division of GM though.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #42
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
are there any sold numbers on the new coyote FPVs out anywhere yet????
Suggest you PM russellw , he has a lot of neat stuff and figures in the Technical Resources....
Old 05-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #43
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
You gotta remember, the Commodre sold 3700 plus ute sales, Ford sold 3339 falcon and territories plus ute sales. They are only 360 or so behind, plus from my understanding, the falcon sells quite a few more in NZ than commodore does. So all in all, the numbers currently going thru broadmeadows arent that much different to those going thru elizabeth (holden sell some to mid east, but those numbers have died in the *** since GFC).
The interesting part is that while both manufacturers appear to make similar
amounts of cars locally, Ford's work force is about half the size of Holden.

Where Holden makes on Ford is that they chose to build sportwagon and import Captiva
where as Ford channeled all its funding into Territory and allowed Fairlane and Station
Wagon to fade away. Now that fuel economy is highon the list, a Station wagon is seen
as a fuel efficient alternative to a big SUV and that big SUV better have a diesel otherwise
a lot of your customers are gonna walk.

I'm hoping/expecting that Ford will recover a lot of their lost ground with Diesel territory,
I-4 Ecoboost Falcon and LILPG engine for Sedans and Utes, those three areas are money
in the bank and Ford just needs to get those models here ASAP.

Since E-Gas recently accounted for between 20-30% of Sedan/Ute builds, the lack of LILPG
is severely curtailing Falcon sales. It would be interesting to see Ford add E-gas to Territory
as well as Diesel, get rid of the sting of fuel costs and buyers will come flooding back...

Last edited by jpd80; 05-12-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #44
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Reading the posts..it seems FORD has lot the plot..WHEN Ford get the new models here, competition will again be ahead with another new model..what went wrong with Ford Aus !!!!!!??????
Old 05-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #45
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
?? or korean? daewoo lacetti premiere. i guess it is a division of GM though.
Actually, Daewoo is a division of Holden.
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #46
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
what went wrong with Ford Aus !!!!!!??????
A number of things:

1) Poor quality control and ****** service during the BA days meant many first time Ford owners adopted a "once bitten, twice shy" attitude. Same can be said for Territory owners.

2) Tom Gorman cancelled the diesel engine for the Territory. On the plus side, he devised a plan to build the Focus here.

2a) Marin Burela cancelled the Focus plan, which now I am thinking was a big mistake.

3) The Global Financial Crisis.

4) Cancellation of niche lines like the RTV ute, e-gas Falcon (I know a replacement is coming, but it should already be here) all compounded the loss of volume.

5) The FG Falcon is an excellent vehicle that is poorly marketed. People think its a gas guzzler and it also lacks interior content and features that smaller euro and jap cars have for less. The Falcon will only survive as a niche performance or luxury badge and has to have kit in it like the imports have otherwise it will be overrun by them.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 05-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #47
Homer
Poor IT dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Thanks Russell,

For anyone interested,

Falcon 2368
Ute 802
Territory 971
Escape 191
Mondeo 303
Focus 780
Fiesta 979
Ranger 4x2 307
Ranger 4x4 ????
I’m surprised the Focus is selling at 780 a month.
Surely there is an update coming soon, it's well past it's used by date.

The Fiesta is over priced (but selling reasonably well) as is the Mondeo.
Ford need to work on their image before they can sell premium products at premium prices.
Homer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #48
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
A number of things:

1) Poor quality control and ****** service during the BA days meant many first time Ford owners adopted a "once bitten, twice shy" attitude. Same can be said for Territory owners.

2) Tom Gorman cancelled the diesel engine for the Territory. On the plus side, he devised a plan to build the Focus here.

2a) Marin Burela cancelled the Focus plan, which now I am thinking was a big mistake.

3) The Global Financial Crisis.

4) Cancellation of niche lines like the RTV ute, e-gas Falcon (I know a replacement is coming, but it should already be here) all compounded the loss of volume.

5) The FG Falcon is an excellent vehicle that is poorly marketed. People think its a gas guzzler and it also lacks interior content and features that smaller euro and jap cars have for less. The Falcon will only survive as a niche performance or luxury badge and has to have kit in it like the imports have otherwise it will be overrun by them.
Good summary. It is looking increasingly like Ford need to get more content into the cars ASAP or if that isn't feasible due to the age of the underlying FG platform, then consolidate the Falcon model range so basically most cars come with the things people want. For example XR6 50th should become the standard for XR's, or at least a $1500 option for private buyers.

Ford also need to address the dealer network issues. They simply can't just ignore it as it impacts sales big time.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #49
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fiesta sales are great. Keep in mind that the new WT Fiesta Zetec won't be released till March, so I'd presume most of these sales are left over WS stock and the remainder new WT models. Zetec Fiesta models were accounting for something like 40% of total sold.

New Mondeo is here now, so hopefully it can pull sales back up into the 400-500 figure. The medium market isn't a large one, so Mondeo is doing ok, not great, but not awful. Focus sales are shocking, and this reflects the cars competitors, most very strong. New Focus will need a huge campaign to get back into Australian buyers minds.

We really need the new LPG and ECOBoost Falcon, TD Territory and an RTV. If the first three don't do anything for product mix/production numbers, it would seem the damage is done.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #50
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Fiesta sales are great. Keep in mind that the new WT Fiesta Zetec won't be released till March, so I'd presume most of these sales are left over WS stock and the remainder new WT models. Zetec Fiesta models were accounting for something like 40% of total sold.
Correct, but bear in mind Ford will continue to import the WS Zetec from Europe until March so there wont be any gap in supply for Zetec models...
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #51
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Thanks Russell,

For anyone interested,

Falcon 2368
Ute 802
Territory 971
Escape 191
Mondeo 303
Focus 780
Fiesta 979
Ranger 4x2 307
Ranger 4x4 ????
Ranger 4x4 974

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #52
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i_SiX
Put the tail lights where theyre supposed to be a watch the sales increase
+1. I don't like the tail lights in the pillar.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #53
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

The second set of sundry Statistical Data is now uploaded into the Tech Area.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #54
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
No doubt Ford has streamlined its build process and cut employees to about half of Holden's numbers.
While the low numbers look worrying they carry much less overhead than Holden so what looks
bad compared to Holden figures may in fact be quite tolerable to Ford while they await new products.

It's just hard seeing those low build numbers knowing the products are arguably better than Holden...
Great discounts on XR and G series vehicles, Territory too yet buyers are holding off...
Ford would no doubt be losing money at the moment. You can't pencil in 13 down days over 3 months and not lose money. I think that forward orders are not good at the moment, and they are just treading water until new Territory comes on line.

Holden also have the luxury of exporting which Ford don't.

But in saying that once new Territory, LPi, EB, XR8 and series II FG come on line sales figures will get a good kick along for sure. Plus new Ranger and Focus an the imported side.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #55
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

The issue for me is the sustainability of the assembly plant with those low production volumes.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #56
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Disappointing sales.
I really think the Mondeo should be selling better. It is a good looking car and stacked with heaps of features. It does look a little dated compared to the 6 but not that bad.

The Focus needs the update sooner rather than later, it does look very dated comapred to its competitors, I'd say most of the sales are XR5s anyway, I see a lot of LV model 5s around.

Fiesta is a great little car and is doing ok but could do better.

If only the after sales services would improve....
Old 05-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #57
sxckevo
Ford motor company

does anyone know when Holden and Ford will release the financial figures for this quarter? will be very interesting to see

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #58
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxckevo
does anyone know when Holden and Ford will release the financial figures for this quarter? will be very interesting to see

Ford Oz or Holden, as far as I know, dont release quarterly financial figures. They only do it on a yearly basis.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #59
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Here are the Focus RS figures so far. I guess them being 'sold out' was sold out to the dealers. However it seems Ford is doing well in the hot hatch market.

November 2010 and YTD.
Ford Focus RS - 41 - 167

And just for comparison.
Volkswagen Golf GTI 18 - 2,700
Ford Focus XR5 128 - 1,547
Subaru Impreza WRX 154 - 1,537
Mazda Mazda3 MPS - 41 - 543
Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart - 34 - 391
Honda Civic Type R - 5 - 173

Volkswagen Golf R/R32 - 6 - 277
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution - 12 - 232
Ford Focus RS - 41 - 167
Subaru Impreza WRX STI - 7 - 133
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #60
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Perhaps when Ecoboost technology comes to Focus and XR5, Ford will extend the 2.0 or maybe 1.6
to the Zetec and Titanium models, kind of making the small car equivalent of G-Series Falcon.
Tha may bring a similar number of luxury performance turbo buyers to Focus as happens with Falcon.