Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 29-10-2006, 08:34 AM   #31
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Ok guys, from what I understand the GTI or GTi badge is VW owned. Only the Golf and Polo wear it... the Pug 207 is a GT (replaced GTi) and RC (will replace GTi180 here)...

And then the Swift Sport, which I wasn't impressed with. Gearbox (stationery) seemed too notchy, and the seats were hidious. Looked like cheap seat covers. The rear seats and boot - why bother?! No room anywhere....

pics stolen from Simonr's camera :
I saw one of those "Fluoro Yellow" Swift Sports on the road the other day, "OMG it looked disgusting"..........why would anyone pick that colour?
Old 29-10-2006, 09:37 AM   #32
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The 207 GT and RC looks very nice from whats ive seen of it. The RC name isn't new and was the original name for the GTi180 in europe.
Old 29-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #33
Danny
GT4.

They're a Stupid car those Swifts.

A Pathetic attempt at Suzuki to bring back a cult car.
Old 29-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #34
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I haven't seen one in the flesh yet. Reckon they'll probably sell alright though given the numbers of the plain jane model that are getting sold.
Old 29-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #35
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
The 207 GT and RC looks very nice from whats ive seen of it. The RC name isn't new and was the original name for the GTi180 in europe.
It's new for Australia... Hence I said 'here'... not 'europe'

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by Teki04; 29-10-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old 29-10-2006, 06:28 PM   #36
BlackLS

They had the Swift Sport at Centro Bankstown, and I prefer its looks, both inside and out to the Fiesta. Although a standard Swift lowered with rims looks a lot classier.

Old 29-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #37
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Remembering the Swift Sport is more expensive then any Fiesta.

Bring on the ST and I know which one I'd take...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 30-10-2006, 08:55 AM   #38
photn
AFF Post NAZI

i sat in the swift sport and it felt as if it was seriously lacking quality. and that feel that you get when you sit in a car and know its goig to be a good car and it just feels right......i didnt feel that at all when i sat in the swift sport......"its just the Vide"

Old 30-10-2006, 06:58 PM   #39
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I hope you mean 'Vibe' Photn.

And yea, it just didn't feel solid or bring a smile to me for sitting in it.

The Polo GTI was far superior interior wise, and it was just a cloth (non-leather) model!

Old 01-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #40
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Closed, read the Sticky