Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #31
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO_SP
A real efficient allocation of taxpayers money to go spend it on chrome wheels, modded exhaust, illegal front window tint etc.
Total BS mate. Reading too much garbage in this thread. As for having marked cars, thats a good idea and should be utilised more.

For those interested, there is no such thing as entrapment in NSW.
Old 13-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #32
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by banarcus
For those interested, there is no such thing as entrapment in NSW.
Banarcus, I thought there wasn't such thing as entrapment in all of Australia???

Correct me if I am wrong.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #33
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

we were recently down the entrance for a few days. In toukley i seen a few mitsubishi 380's going around not to mention the unmarked xr8's.
In singleton there is many unmarked cop cars going around such as a grey xr8 and a white magna.

Where i live here in Kandos there is pretty much no police..only one or maybe even 2 cars going around for about 3 days a week.. Has its ups and downs

OFF TOPIC - - We pulled over to go fishing a couple hundred metres down the road from a breathalizer road block thingy..A cop quickly jumped in his car and sped up to where we were..he thought we were trying to evade the breath test..was funny
tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #34
hilly1981

I saw a cop once in an unmarked XR6 Turbo on the pacific highway scream up behind an XR8 on the freeway in the fastlane and tailgate. The XR8 gave it a squirt and then the cop put on a siren and pulled the driver over.

Hows that for entrapment?
Old 14-01-2007, 12:04 AM   #35
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Quote:
I saw a cop once in an unmarked XR6 Turbo on the pacific highway scream up behind an XR8 on the freeway in the fastlane and tailgate. The XR8 gave it a squirt and then the cop put on a siren and pulled the driver over.

Hows that for entrapment?
As Brocky used to tell me. If a car pulls up you rear and tail gates you. move over and let em past. Don't hit the anchors to **** them off, dont hit the gas and start a race. "just let em go"

Just a note though, If you let em past and then note its a COP car, get their rego number note time date and area, call the local senior sargent and report them. They should not be breakin the raod laws themselves, they should not speed with out lights on.

Just an OT question too. If you get pulled over on the side of say a freeway or any other road. should the officer be wearing a safety vest, you know those bright orange or Yellow things. If so, and they are not, get your own back and report them to worksafe. :
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 12:07 AM   #36
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb
Just a note though, If you let em past and then note its a COP car, get their rego number note time date and area, call the local senior sargent and report them. They should not be breakin the raod laws themselves, they should not speed with out lights on.
Lol. I see many cops speeding when they are not supposed to. They don't speed by much maybe 5-10kays over limit but its still speeding nonetheless.
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 12:15 AM   #37
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30487256
Can cops entice you to race and then book you after? I thought that was entrapment or something...
Numerous views on this that I have read.

I don't have stupid written across my face. A cop car sticks out like dogs balls no matter how undercover may the intention be.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 02:06 AM   #38
Miller
It's Millertime!

There is also just a (what looks like standard) falcon driving around, black stockys, no hubcaps, has a small light on the roof. Seen it twice in Castle Hill now
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 02:09 AM   #39
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only car that I wouldn't suspect as an undercover is my mate's Honda Accord which has some bling wheels on it too.

Pretty funny though when he was most likely to end up in jail and now is a cop. :
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 09:33 AM   #40
fmc351
let it burn

Entrapment - Its not a crime, its a limitation on police activities. Its definition differs in different places which have such limits. Basically, its when Police entice an UNWILLING person to commit a crime that they wouldnt have done without the police intevention. Note: Unwilling, this is important, its not enough to say you wouldnt have raced if he didnt ask you too, challenge you or whatever. You race, youre willing. Its not entrapment when the accused has a predisposition to the crime. Its far more complex, but that is a very basic idea of it.

Eg: Its not entrapment when the Police offer sells you drugs, you only buy it if you want too. The fact the guy you thought was a dealer is a cop, is not entrapment. Same with street drag race. The US have entrapment as a defence, but watch Cops and the stings they do. Its about motivations and a gambit of other tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO_SP
A real efficient allocation of taxpayers money to go spend it on chrome wheels, modded exhaust, illegal front window tint etc. The cops should stop playing silly buggers and get more marked cop cars out there. These days you hardly ever see them. When we drove to QLD we saw 2 cars on the whole journey up there (including an unmarked one) and 3 on the way back (including the same unmarked one that we saw patrolling the same stretch of road as before). Alot of motorists that have no interest in cars what-so-ever would be totally oblivious to the usage of unmarked police cars on our road. if they are speeding, theyll know all about it Police need to be seen again with more marked patrol cars.
They shouldnt have socks either. Batons seem to be a waste of money too. I tell you what, we could use the honour system, you ring them when you break a law, and they can send you fine. Maybe we could limit the Police to one road in each state. We'll call it Police St. Better yet, when they are on patrol, they should have the lights and sirens going.

Theyre all tools used to catch tools.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #41
BigAL_250
and that's how it is

I reckon I saw a VE Marked car a few weeks ago, nothing special.

It was always really funny, that up until a just a year or two ago, out unmarked's were still using SA Government #plates.
BigAL_250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 11:13 AM   #42
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why are you guys racing on public roads?
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #43
ltd
Force Fed Fords

NSW police have their hands tied due to budget constraints. As there is cutbacks in all the rank and file activities police are given duties in NSW such as breath testing at 9am (who will be drunk then?). Other duties are things such as a radar setup westbound on the M5 at around 5pm (Cars are lucky to get to 10kph due to the gridlock). Martin, a buddy stationed at Auburnon, has told me that they have cut the patrols in order to reduce the fuel and maintenance bill. What this means is, most of the time he and his colleagues sit around the station and wait for a call out. They now watch movies during their shifts.
Furthermore, the fleet is getting older. They have an AU3 patrol car still sitting in the carpark ATM that still gets used. It got used when the BA2 was torched a couple of months back sitting out front of the station, and is still being used now. The cops know who did it too, they're not allowed to arrest for fear it may start a riot.
Welcome to NSW police FARCE 2007.

How you can not feel sorry for the poor state of morale in the force is beyond me. On good advice believe me when I say, if you knew what they go through on a daily basis and I don't mean car accidents etc I mean all the politically inspired bullshit from above; you would have the world of respect for police. They don't want to book you or entrap you as much as you think, they have to keep numbers up and ergo revenue rolling in.

One more thing, Martin does flying twice a week out of Canberra - sets his cruise control to 150 and has not been pulled over, ticketed, photographed or anything over the last 2 years. The only point he slows down is between the two turn offs to Goulburn. So much for extra patrols.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #44
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
NSW such as breath testing at 9am (who will be drunk then?).
Plenty of people who had a massive night the previous night and still have alcohol in the system. If you have 12-14 beers between say 9 and 2 am, you'll probably still be over the limit the following morning.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 02:32 PM   #45
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Agreed Dave AU, but not on many weekdays though, and in areas like Lakemba where most of the residents don't allegedly drink due to religious custom.
Yes I am aware of those that would travel through the area but we're talking side streets here where the RBT is set up, not the main road.

Another example would be the rank **** that occurs, where detectives in unmarked cars would ignore serious traffic violations for the sake of it not being their duty. Detectives are instructed not to bother themselves with traffic violations and on numerous occasions just let them by. I was travelling on the Hume Highway late last year following a Detectives car which was a BF XR6 falcon. He was doing 115, I set the cruise control to match him and being active it would also slow down when he did etc. Anyway, a little Barina with a young girl and red P plates on it overtakes us both. She cuts in front of the Detectives, and after a while slows down to 100. Myself and the D's went to overtake, we get past and change back into the left lane. Next thing you know, she comes screeming past at about 150, swerves I'm guessing unintentionally and almost hits the XR6, and is off like a jack rabbit. These guys shot off after her and then a minute later are back to their normal speed. The girl can still be seen in the distance. Oh, and I forgot to mention it had just been raining heavily, so there was a fair bit if standing water on the road.

Anyway, I assumed they mustn't be detectives even though they had the lights etc and continued driving wondering when that girls luck would change. Before too long the XR6 shot off, lights and sirens blazing and after a massive traffic jam near Narellan I saw the Barina, in the median on its roof and all crushed indicating it had rolled a couple of times. The XR6 was the only car at the scene. Apparently she was trying to do a quick lane change and oversteered as there were no other cars involved.
She didn't quite make the televised news but was on the radio as another P plater seriously injured because of speed. They said she was critical. May have been a case of "serves her right" but remember, it's a person with their whole life ahead of them.

Now the dilemna here, is had the detectives gone after her would she have stopped and potentially avoided the accident, or would she have kept going harder and faster?
According to my mate, the detectives did the right thing by assuming she may cause an accident if pursued. Ironically, another friend tells me that she may have grounds to file suit against the NSW police force on the basis that they were negligent in preventing the girl from having an accident by not stopping her speeding in the first place.

Just goes to show what kind of loopy instructions our boys are given.

Quote: