Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-01-2007, 08:25 PM   #31
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Now Allan Moffat advertises GT radials.
Apparently he and Brock did not get on at all.
Had a massive falling out years ago and also was instrumental in the Brockie Wife beating allegations that surfaced a few years ago.
Was this after they joined up in Group A (and after Moffat crashed the car at Bathurst)?

He has only had nice things to say in the press.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #32
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATT2
Whos allan moffat?
Just in case your serious
http://www.allanmoffat.com.au/
''Think Ford and you automatically think of Allan Moffat. Although he raced many cars for other car makers throughout his long and illustrious career it will always be his exploits at the wheel of the factory-backed Falcons during the 1970s that will be most celebrated.''

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #33
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Now Allan Moffat advertises GT radials.
Had a massive falling out years ago and also was instrumental in the Brockie Wife beating allegations that surfaced a few years ago.
I don't believe that for one second..

Old 21-01-2007, 08:46 PM   #34
XFALCONX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATT2
Whos allan moffat?
I think it may be the dude that made breakfast bars???Is this guy moffar still around.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 08:46 PM   #35
MRJUCY
Fordless

Moff & Brock were mates after they finished racing each other.
Brock went with Allan when he final got Citizenship last year.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #36
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
What utter crap!!!!!
If you think back to when Brocky was killed, nobody heard from AM for two days..... he was so devastated he couldnt face the media :
And, when he finally surfaced, he just choked up and looked like he'd just lost his best friend.
Wife beating allegations.......you've got to be kidding :

As for how much I'd love to have that car...... :eclipsee_
*bionic currently working out how much he can get for wife and kids on white slavery market* :
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....

Last edited by RegSpec; 21-01-2007 at 09:49 PM.
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #37
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicXR6T
What utter crap!!!!!
If you think back to when Brocky was killed, nobody heard from AM for two days..... he was so devastated he couldnt face the media :
And, when he finally surfaced, he just choked up and looked like he'd just lost his best friend.
Yeah, I remember seeing Allan at the Sandown PB memorial day on telly, he was fighting back the tears when giving his speech.

In any case back to the subject, regardless of who the owner was or built for, if its a fair dinkum car it would go at a price most of us couldn't nearly afford. Close to $1 m?

I remember back in 1980 there was an article in Wheels that the most collectable car was the Phase 3 GTHO. They were going for around $20,000 back then ( a lot of money then and out of my reach). Proves they were a sound investment.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 09:42 PM   #38
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
Was this after they joined up in Group A (and after Moffat crashed the car at Bathurst)?

He has only had nice things to say in the press.
I respectfully submit he is doing what Peter's ex wife is doing.
She wrote a book in 2005 on brock and how loveless he was in the marriage etc, as well as how he was cheating on her for years.
After the death of Peter, she has decided to ease up for his memory's sake.

http://www.news.com.au/sundayheralds...21-662,00.html

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 10:03 PM   #39
ltd
Force Fed Fords

This link details ex Michelle Downes selling a story to New Idea about Peter Brock allegedly bashing her.

http://blogs.theaustralian.news.com....cord_on_brock/

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #40
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Who cares? : Back on topic guys. :
So you think it comes with the plates?

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #41
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Its Funny how there are all these different stories...

I reckon car will go for around the 800 mark if they include the plates
Old 21-01-2007, 11:18 PM   #42
fordAU

It says that the vehicle was prepared for Bathurst, wonder if it ever saw the track.
fordAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 11:35 PM   #43
FordFalconBF
2008 BF Futura

Wish I had a time machine and went back to 1971 and bout every colour with full options of the XY GTHO's... I'd be a millionaire.

Cya,
Alan
FordFalconBF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 11:48 PM   #44
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Jeez some people have funny ideas on what it'll go for!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 11:58 PM   #45
F6BF

Orange ph 3 sold not long ago for $550k

I believe this one has documentation to support it was ordered by allan moffat......cars like this dont surface often and would certainly fetch a record price
XR8 Sprint winter white
GTF Octane manual

FS: ZF 6 sp trans & converter out of stock BF mk2 typhoon
F6BF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 12:15 AM   #46
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS
WTF when were you born?
1981, but i fail to see what thats got to do with it
Old 22-01-2007, 02:43 AM   #47
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

The highest recorded Bathurt Phase 3 to be sold was $750,000.

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #48
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this car will surely beat any before it as far as price goes.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #49
Seagull
The Guy on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1600GT
since when...??
Moffat drove them. he didnt build them. thats was FSV @ lot 6's job.
if they cant get this well known part right, the rest might be just as suss...
The original Phase 1 was developed by Allan Moffat at his Toorak workshop.

The second paragraph

The famed G.T.H.O was developed for racing and is the ultimate Falcon GT. The prototype was built by racing legend Allan Moffat in 1970 and prepared for the long distance race at Bathurst. Moffat went on to achieve back to back victories in phase II and III versions of the car in 1970 and 1971.

Is only a general comment about the history of the GTHO's it is not saying that this[U] car was raced or built for racing or prepared by Allan Moffat Racing.

I was talking to Allan this morning and he wasn't aware that this car was up for sale. He was supplied with aroad car by Ford Motor Company in 1971.
I will be seeing him tomorrow so I will get any updates.
Seagull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 12:05 PM   #50
Grasshoppr
GTI ist ehrfürchtig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull

The second paragraph

The famed G.T.H.O was developed for racing and is the ultimate Falcon GT. The prototype was built by racing legend Allan Moffat in 1970 and prepared for the long distance race at Bathurst. Moffat went on to achieve back to back victories in phase II and III versions of the car in 1970 and 1971.

Is only a general comment about the history of the GTHO's it is not saying that this[U] car was raced or built for racing or prepared by Allan Moffat Racing.

I was talking to Allan this morning and he wasn't aware that this car was up for sale. He was supplied with aroad car by Ford Motor Company in 1971.
Ahh Seagull, the man who would really know the truth from Alan himself. You relly are the "Club Historian" :

Our Events cater for all types of people.
Grasshoppr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 12:05 PM   #51
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull

The second paragraph

Thank GOD some one has all the FACTS and not just hear say as alot of members have posted up..............

And as I have said before I will say again, ITS STILL A GTHO III............

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 12:07 PM   #52
Aeron
DJR Fan

That GTHO looks EXACTLY like the one my next door neighbour has. Being an original Phase III he doesn’t drive it very often, but he did take me for a run in it one night. Very nice!!
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 01:21 PM   #53
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To be auctioned on 25th of march

25th of march is MY BIRTHDAY!
hint hint

know what im saying guys? What a nice surprise this will be from my friends at AFF

you listening guys?

GUYS??????????????
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 01:35 PM   #54
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive had brief discussions with Allan Moffat and read many articles about him and his cars.
Its surprising how little recollection and documentation he has or kept on the various cars. I think the only single car that he held a strong attachment to was his Mustang. The rest were just "tools of trade" and as such you got them used them and got rid of them when they were no longer up to the job.

From what I have learned, it seems that he was basically an employee when it came to racing falcons back in the HO days .

He built and ran the Mustang himself, and put his all into it, but as for the Falcons, he would just turn up and drive "a provided race car" as necessary (a bit like Jimmy Richards does). The falcons were built by the factory team and he was the paid driver. The money he got from the Falcons he used to run the Mustang.

As a result theres somethings he either does not know or has forgotton about the actual logistics of which actual chassis was when etc. He didnt need to know at the time, it didnt matter to him.

Even with the XA-C 2 doors there is still some contention.
Old 22-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #55
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
Ive had brief discussions with Allan Moffat and read many articles about him and his cars.
Its surprising how little recollection and documentation he has or kept on the various cars. I think the only single car that he held a strong attachment to was his Mustang. The rest were just "tools of trade" and as such you got them used them and got rid of them when they were no longer up to the job.

From what I have learned, it seems that he was basically an employee when it came to racing falcons back in the HO days .

He built and ran the Mustang himself, and put his all into it, but as for the Falcons, he would just turn up and drive "a provided race car" as necessary (a bit like Jimmy Richards does). The falcons were built by the factory team and he was the paid driver. The money he got from the Falcons he used to run the Mustang.

As a result theres somethings he either does not know or has forgotton about the actual logistics of which actual chassis was when etc. He didnt need to know at the time, it didnt matter to him.

Even with the XA-C 2 doors there is still some contention.
That's actually a very good assesment... He was a "turn up and drive" professional driver, as good a driver as he was, he had very little to do with the cars themselves.

Old 22-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #56
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great! thank you!
Do I get the HO now?
Old 22-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #57
1970galaxie
Fat 460

There is a story, that I have heard and told many a time since probably the late 70s, that there is a Phase 3 here in Perth which was bought new, and was driven straight home, and has only 20 miles on the odometer.
How true, I don't know. But there are enough people around here who have heard about it.
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #58
XFALCONX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970galaxie
There is a story, that I have heard and told many a time since probably the late 70s, that there is a Phase 3 here in Perth which was bought new, and was driven straight home, and has only 20 miles on the odometer.
How true, I don't know. But there are enough people around here who have heard about it.
I have also heard that there is a Red Pepper XBGT that the Moff man done up with FSV as a very special spec car.The car is suppose to be alive in Vic somewhere.It's a 4DR XBGT with a factory roof,that's all that the info i have heard of this car.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #59
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember when Moffat used to race RX7s at Bathurst. The old flamethrowers!
The chants amonst the yobs went something like this:
Johnson goes past: "FORD ****"
Brock goes past: "HOLDEN'S SUCK"
Moffat crackles past: "HA HA RICEBURNER"

Ah the memories......
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #60
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFALCONX
I have also heard that there is a Red Pepper XBGT that the Moff man done up with FSV as a very special spec car.The car is suppose to be alive in Vic somewhere.It's a 4DR XBGT with a factory roof,that's all that the info i have heard of this car.
Is that the one Bill Sancticone put the prototype Phase 5 engine in?