Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #31
xquizd
Da Boss

Even with the foam cars u'd probably still get a canary coz the foam is the rong colour or perhaps rong shape!
xquizd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 01:38 PM   #32
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCSEDAN
well, how's this for a simple answer

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT WITH A LABOUR GOVERNMENT IN POWER!!!?????? IN BOTH STATE AND FEDERAL FFS!!!

the bloody party is made of scardy cats and pussys, the doushbags who put em in power can now deal with the consiquences.

stupid laws like these become the norm, because they want everybody to be safe, maybe we should start walking around in foam blocks or cotton wool incase we trip over, this will stop us getting hurt yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey we are smart.

friggin pricks.
You are so wrong it's not funny.

Every time the Labor Government announces these laws there is ALWAYS the Liberal/National oppositio whinging that Labor DIDN'T GO FAR ENOUGH!

You can't go to the Greens either because they want us to ride pushbikes made out of carrots so basically you have no political avenues.

Traditionally the Liberals have always had the "stick" policies encouraging brutal and harsh penalties while Labor has had the "carrot" policy introducing such things as alternative dispute resolutions such as tribunals and counselling sessions and such things.

This is what annoys me that Labor is being just as worse as the Liberals in regards to hoons. The same Labor Government that said "we can't lock up youth we should counsel them to find the source of their aggrovation and help them become part of society" are effectively saying "lets lock up these hoons, crush their cars and to top it off penalise their families".

My only theory is the tired old "grey vote" that every Government is scared of
who seem to have lost their hearing to everything but the sound of a burnout 5 blocks away.

Time to build sleepers people. Sell those rims and go back to stockies and spend the money under the bonnet.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #33
xquizd
Da Boss

carrot pushbikes "NOW THERES AN IDEA!" :-)
xquizd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 01:50 PM   #34
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
More to the point, if some guy gets done for a burnout in his ****ing 300RWKW Car and who now is facing Jail time and having the car swashed, You reckon he is going to just Pull over and let em take the car, I ****ing very much doubt it!!
Be careful how you argue a point. The result of your point will not be, "oh, of course, how obviously silly of us not to notice our flawed logic", it will be a ban on all 300rwkw vehicles, period. In fact theyll try to ban anything that doesnt run on rainbows and harmony.

Remember gun laws, yeah like the crims will hand over guns. "Oh bugger, they made my gun illegal, I wouldnt want to break the law now would I?" Obviously only law abiding citizens did the right thing according to law, the argument of logic never helped though.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #35
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xquizd
first thing to come out of a pigs mouth when pulling you over in a mod'd car is
"nice car". Translation let's pick as many things as we can & hand out a canary!!!
I assume from that if your car gets stolen you wont call the cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCSEDAN
well, how's this for a simple answer

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT WITH A LABOUR GOVERNMENT IN POWER!!!?????? IN BOTH STATE AND FEDERAL FFS!!!

the bloody party is made of scardy cats and pussys, the doushbags who put em in power can now deal with the consiquences.
Yeah, Kennett put a lot of them there speed cameras in too.

And it was a Liberal fed govt for the last 11 yrs that helped stuff the NT speed limits up, by allocating road funding to having a speed limit. Hey, that was bi-partisan.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 02:49 PM   #36
LilMissDrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
I agree with tougher penalties but i hope this jail talk is only for extreme cases
driving at 80kmh in a 60 zone could get you a dangerous driving charge yet a hoon doing 220kmh with police in toe gets the same charge and you both end up with the same penalty.

2 tiny skids could see a person locked up,thats abit harsh dont you think?

im all for penalties but i hope this aint a knee jerk reaction to a bigger problem,seems to me they keep rising the stakes yet the death toll remains.

abit odd ifyou ask me

Im an 18yr old girl who got a "dangerous driving" charge, due to a high speed police chase (caused by a fit, in which case was caused by my heart), and lost my licence for 2 yrs, fair enough.. however i got a 2 yr behaviour bond, $1000 fine, plus the suspension, dont get me wrong i accept what i did was wrong (even though i have no recollection of the incident, and the police claim i was doing 200kmph when they were in pursuit where in actual fact i know for a fact my au2 cuts out at 160kmph)
i think all aspects (like hospital negligence) need to be taken into account in these cases, as it prevents a lot, as i was clinically dead for 20 mins all of 2.5 months later due to police thinking i was bullshitting!!!
~Spoiler

~*.No its NOT my Boyfriends Car.*~
LilMissDrift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:00 PM   #37
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another "quality" thread with quality "input" and ideas.........
Some of the attitudes here typify those of the people being targeted in the first place.
Maybe if some people showed a bit more respect for the Police and laws as they used to stand then maybe they wouldn't need to bring in these draconian "control freak" laws in the first place...
The phase "ruined it for everyone else" comes to mind..

Old 04-12-2007, 03:03 PM   #38
LilMissDrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Some of the attitudes here typify those of the people being targeted in the first place.
Maybe if some people showed a bit more respect for the Police and laws as they used to stand then maybe they wouldn't need to bring in these draconian "control freak" laws in the first place...

ACAC, my dad has that tattooed on his left foot.. u know what that stands for ALL COPS ARE ----- well i think u can figure that out.. but its right!!! THEY ARE! Always have been!!!! I believe i got off "lightly" seeing as i had no previous criminal history, or nothin no speeding fines or anything.... but i think they should have taken what i said seriously, not for earnest!
~Spoiler

Old 04-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #39
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xquizd
Oil on the road! sounds like thomastown!
and here I thought that was Garlic Sauce!!
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #40
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissDrift
ACAC, my dad has that tattooed on his left foot.. u know what that stands for ALL COPS ARE ----- well i think u can figure that out.. but its right!!! THEY ARE! Always have been!!!! I believe i got off "lightly" seeing as i had no previous criminal history, or nothin no speeding fines or anything.... but i think they should have taken what i said seriously, not for earnest!
Your Dad sounds like he is a strong influence in your life as a "role model"..

Your situation sounds unusual and extreme..
None the less im blaming the tools who do burnouts in my street at 1am and wake my sleeping daughter and these people are usually the same ones who spear off roads drag racing and crash into innocent people minding their own business, im blaming them for these laws...

I think allot of you are blaming the wrong people....

Old 04-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #41
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
Sorry to say this guys, but if you drive like a ****er thank f#@ck people are doing something to get you off the streets. And before someone says the cops pick on people who do the right thing because of how their car lock, thats a load of crap. I owned a VK Mock, 308 3" exhaust, You could hear it coming a mile away. Alwas got looks from people I drove past, and even cops but because I don't drive like a ****er on the streets I never got pulled up. If you want to go pull skids, go to a burnout pad, or a private road.
Agreed 100%
Like my XD, you can hear that a mile away, yet i have never been pulled over in the 10 months (15,000K's) that i have had it
Like crushing cars, they arent going to throw you in the slammer for losing it in the wet....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #42
TUF514
Banned

Quote:
The phase "ruined it for everyone else" comes to mind..
Do you agree with these laws?

I hardly think that because the cops dont get respect, that we need to bring in rediculous rules.

Contempt breeds contempt and they themselves have alot to answer for.
TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #43
LilMissDrift

Quote:

For one, my dad is indeed a strong and positive role model in my life - he went to prison before i was born for belting the flying outta 2 blokes who raped his best mate (who was a 16yr old girl) and because they were the sons of a barrister, dad copped the brunt of it...

my situation was indeed unusual.. i havent really admitted it but yes i was in a high speed police chase (13 kms) and i did crash my car then technically i "woke up".. lol i was sleep driving, id done 50hrs at work that week plus i drove 1 hr to work and 1 hr home a day, so i did a hell of a lot!!! my body wasnt used to it and it caused an arrythmia which put me into a fit!! i didnt know until 6 months later this was the beginning of what caused a fatal heart attack, which left me in a coma, packed in ice (enduced hypothermia) and left me with a brain injury as i didnt recieve oxygen for 20 mins so i believe if the hospital had have done something more, other than a drug/alcohol test at the time i may not have endured what ive been through!!!
~Spoiler

Old 04-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #44
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

all these stupid regulations are just going around in circle!! its just band aided the problem ! because when this fails, they'll continue to bring in such stupid, stupid regulations.

I can see this ain't over, until the government gets a clue.
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #45
TUF514
Banned

Quote:

None the less im blaming the tools who do burnouts in my street at 1am and wake my sleeping daughter and these people are usually the same ones who spear off roads drag racing and crash into innocent people minding their own business, im blaming them for these laws...

I hear what you are saying and i dont agree with hoolaganism, but you are talking about what, half a percent of the total road fatalities caused by street racing?
Old 04-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #46
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF514
Do you agree with these laws?

I hardly think that because the cops dont get respect, that we need to bring in rediculous rules.

Contempt breeds contempt and they themselves have alot to answer for.
You know what? im a car enthusiast like the rest of you, with some nice performance "toys".. but i can live quite comfortably driving them without the need to do burnouts or drag race on the street.. so while i may or may not agree with these new laws the reality is they will have very little if any impact on my ability to enjoy my cars and my driving "experience"...
Im more angry at the people who draw attention to REAL car enthusiasts than the people trying to protect the innocent......

Old 04-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #47
AndyZH

If having laws like this removes idiots from the road, we should really be ok with it!

Remember, the MAXIMUM penalty is now 9 months jail, and a magistrate decides that based on your court appearance, not the police on the spot... The maximum penalty for a lot of things is high, but only ever handed out in extreme cases. Calm down people...

A lot of the attitudes being expressed in this forum are the ones that give motoring enthusiasts a bad name in the first place. Hot tip - if you go through life with an "ACAC" attitude, sure enough every cop you meet will live up/down to your expectations.
AndyZH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #48
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Bottom line is if your not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about.......
Old 04-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #49
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

while ever there are people, there will be idiots. If the governments are serious about the problem, work with the car community and help them organise a place these things can be done.

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:34 PM   #50
TUF514
Banned

Quote:
You know what? im a car enthusiast like the rest of you, with some nice performance "toys".. but i can live quite comfortably driving them without the need to do burnouts or drag race on the street.. so while i may or may not agree with these new laws the reality is they will have very little if any impact on my ability to enjoy my cars and my driving "experience"...
Im more angry at the people who draw attention to REAL car enthusiasts than the people trying to protect the innocent......
I agree with that.

What bothers me is all the new laws and regulations for everything not just driving - the government and the cops have you by the balls no matter what you want to do. You slip up even lightly and you get hammered.

These laws are mainly directed at young kids as they make up the majority of hoons/street racers, and i dont think that jail is a place for a young kid that raced his car.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #51
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xe351
while ever there are people, there will be idiots. If the governments are serious about the problem, work with the car community and help them organise a place these things can be done.
While that maybe a good idea in theory, the notion that people do or have to behave like this because there isn't readily available access to off street places to do this is fundamentally flawed in the extreme... and effectively says some people have an uncontrollable urge to break the law and they can't control themselves, these are the people who shouldn't hold licences.... and probably the ones who these laws are meant for.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #52
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Bottom line is if your not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about.......
Not always the case at all.

As others have mentioned here Police will target certain cars. Happens all the time.

Now just looking back at the most recent car accidents with serious injuries or fatalities here in Vic in the last few months, most of the cars were NOT heavily modified street machines. It is a draconian state here.

Victoria should introduce yearly RWC checks though. That might save a few lives.

Speed Cameras cause more crashes than they prevent.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:38 PM   #53
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
Not always the case at all.

As others have mentioned here Police will target certain cars. Happens all the time.
And if there's nothing wrong with the vehicle they drive off without issue or fuss....

Old 04-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #54
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:

Agreed. Problem is the application of the law.
If you could trust the boys in blue to apply the law as it is designed,
there would be less people on here pointing the bone in the wrong direction.

My misses was pulled over sometime ago, she'd gone down to pick up a pizza.
On the way back, she passed to clowns doing static burnouts in the middle of the road.
She stopped short, to protect the car should one of them stuff up completely....
The two idiots then took off, the misses followed some distance behind. (she had to go that way to get home)
Less than two streets away, on the other side of a round-a-bout, was a cop car/van/ute.
Seeing three cars, one with sparks coming off the rear, another still with smoke flowing out of the back,
the cops pull over the Dark Green, Dark Tinted GT..... then try and say she was the one and they saw her.
Now, after they re-attached their heads (misses bit them both off)
they did a vehicle check. (on a car that was only 2 months old)
Mean while.... just out of view, the two idiots cranked up again.
Did the cops stop what they were doing.... no.

In the end, they let her go, she got home, full of beans and ready to hurt anyone/everyone..... and I had a cold pizza. :
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #55
TUF514
Banned

Quote:
And if there's nothing wrong with the vehicle they drive off without issue or fuss....
Yes but that is blatent harrassment and dont say its not.

Why should i be pulled up because of the car im driving? I shouldnt.

Pull me up if and when i break the law!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #56
AndyZH

A lot of people talk about the creation of race tracks, etc as being a solution to the problem of antisocial car behaviour.

Motorsport is a legitimate and legal sport like basketball, football, hockey, tennis, etc. All other sports have facilities, and motorsport folks should also have facilities.

Saying “if you build me a track, I wont do a burnout in your street” amounts to blackmail and makes a connection in peoples mind between actual legal motorsport enthusiasts and hoons on the street. That makes it worse for everyone.

If you CHOOSE to do burnouts on the street you accept the risk of being caught and must accept any consequence on the chin. Its that simple.
AndyZH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:53 PM   #57
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
But then we come back to the same theory... Not all police officers will purposely chase down a young bloke driving a modified car to defect him... There are bad seeds all over the place like there is in the force.

Sure if you have been caught on several occasions doing something stupid then police have all the reason necessary to keep their eye out on you and deservedly so.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:53 PM   #58
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF514
Yes but that is blatent harrassment and dont say its not.

Why should i be pulled up because of the car im driving? I shouldnt.

Pull me up if and when i break the law!
Does it really matter if they pull you over? Especially if you've done nothing wrong or have nothing to worry about? Its not that hard to smile and be polite when you get pulled over... 99 times out of 100 you'll be treated nicely and be on your way after a licence check. If you jack up then you're drawing attention to yourself..
If your vehicle looks like its got illegal unroadworthy modifications they have every right to pull you over.
Don't forget if you're in an accident with a vehicle that's illegally modified and its their fault their insurance may not cover either vehicle... which would be a disaster for you wouldn't it.
So there is an element of "public service" associated with the Police checking for roadworthyness.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #59
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
While that maybe a good idea in theory, the notion that people do or have to behave like this because there isn't readily available access to off street places to do this is fundamentally flawed in the extreme... and effectively says some people have an uncontrollable urge to break the law and they can't control themselves, these are the people who shouldn't hold licences.... and probably the ones who these laws are meant for.
yes, i agree, but, if there is a place to go to do these things legally, than i think it will reduce the amount burnouts on the street, and it gives people no excuse if they get busted on the street. My concern is if someone does drop a skid in a non-residential non populated area, they are still treated the same as the tools who terrorise neirbourhoods at 2am. From this angle it looks the governments wont be happy till we all drive camrys

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #60
TUF514
Banned

Quote:
Does it really matter if they pull you over? Especially if you've done nothing wrong or have nothing to worry about? Its not that hard to smile and be polite when you get pulled over...
If your vehicle looks like its got illegal unroadworthy modifications they have every right to pull you over.
Don't forget if you're in an accident with a vehicle that's illegally modified and its their fault their insurance may not cover either vehicle... which would be a disaster for you wouldn't it.
So there is an element of "public service" associated with the Police checking for roadworthyness.
Yes it does matter if i get pulled up. It is frustrating and i would be fine if it happened " every now and then" but when it happens 7 times in 2 weeks? Come on, even you would be ****ed off.

I dont accept your point that, because my car has a bodykit, that it MAY have illegal modification. So what!

Again, IF and WHEN im involved in an accident, if my car is illegal, i shall pay the price.

Alot of people share my view, but are too afraid to say it.