Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-05-2005, 07:57 PM   #31
Brenden
"THE" Workshop manager.

Hi Guys, Glad to see you are all keeping an eye on the progress. Thanks

The car show organisers have recognised the "Time Machine" as the most powerful Ford falcon 6 cylinder to be presented at any official dyno dynamics run show including the summernats.

My Kind thanks go to the support Big LUKE and the other show members and entrants who made Adelaide AME Show a great weekend. But look out soon, because I think there is a little more sauce in the bottle yet.

I also keep in mind all of the Keen ford fanitics out there who so much love to see supercharged LS1's get put into their place.

AME Albury carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Adelaide carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Shepparton carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Melbourne Highest horsepower 6 turbo 2005
AME Melbourne Highest horsepower N/A 6 2005
All Ford nationals DYO 10.5 and over champion 2005
Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #32
MRD-Ben
Life begins @30psi

I've only just stumbled on to this thread. Casper why should a car with 400rwkw+ have to run and drive like a pig? You can build a 4litre OHC engine with 460kw+ and still have it idle like a pussycat and extremely driver friendly, of course you'll have to have it aimed before you stand on it, that goes without saying when your putting out over 600rwhp on street tyres. Good work on your 540rwhp effort JMM guys, thumbs up!

Hopefully John will decide what he is doing with his trans soon and we can get stuck back into TUFED6. Then maybe we can get another falcon six running big numbers at some of these shows.

Cheers MRD
MRD-Ben is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2005, 12:31 PM   #33
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD-Ben
I've only just stumbled on to this thread. Casper why should a car with 400rwkw+ have to run and drive like a pig?
It doesnt have to be. I dont think I ever said that. I did respond to EFFalcons comment that it was a "dyno tune" meaning it was tuned for maximum rwhp rather than maximum road capability though.
Quote: But yes, I heard that this tune is a "dyno comp" sort of tune rather than a daily drive sort of tune.
Quote:
You can build a 4litre OHC engine with 460kw+ and still have it idle like a pussycat and extremely driver friendly, of course you'll have to have it aimed before you stand on it, that goes without saying when your putting out over 600rwhp on street tyres.
Thats exactly what I said:
Quote:Still, with that much power one slip..in any car...and your going to be in a bit of trouble. Thats a lot of mumbo to keep on a leash.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2005, 02:03 PM   #34
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

The point is though with 400rwkw this isn't going to be a full on daily driver proposition by a long way. Sure wind down the bosst for daily driving and to get normal tractability and some sort of attempt at economy but you still have an engine that will need to be lovingly cared for and rebuilt every 100,000kms. It is just too far from stock for all the normal drivetrain wear not to be accelerated to the point where it wouldn't be your one and only car any more.

This is a car that gets trailered to the meets. Whats the bet Brendan still drives the JMM workshop XH DEV5 ute around daily thats a daily driver OHC six with 180rwkw which is about the sensible limit for a daily driver.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2005, 03:31 PM   #35
XDSLIDER
BIG LUKE

Thumbs up

Seeing as Brenden is a very busy person, I thought I would come in here and answer a few questions(within reason of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
This is a car that gets trailered to the meets.
However we did drive it to Albury. With a support car as well. I help out when Brenden needs me which includes going to shows with him. It would be a very boring trip driving 2 cars with one person in each to Adelaide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
Whats the bet Brendan still drives the JMM workshop XH DEV5 ute around daily thats a daily driver OHC six with 180rwkw which is about the sensible limit for a daily driver.
yes the ute is driven for daily duties, after all it is the "workshop' ute. But this car is not shy, if you are not on the ball and nail it in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, it will remind u who the boss is!! :hihi:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFALCON
is it true the 540rwhp was run on such a tune that is a pig to drive?
I have actually driven this car , it is far from a pig. I have a heavily worked V8 with 2/3rd's the power of this car, and this XR6 is just a pleasure to drive, you sit on 100kph with the cruise control on and you forget that it is turbocharged. Plus the is nothing like putting your foot down half way and scaring the crap out of yourself.( however, I thought it was full throttle but the data log showed it was half)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil101
Didn't his car used to be supercharged? it had 400kw's then didn't it?
When this car was Supercharged, from memory the max rwkw it pulled in competition was 330rwkw.(The supercharger and Brenden never really got along to well)It was also run at a Ford Forums.com Heathcote drag meet and ran 13.1sec on 5cyl(special thanks to an uncooperative HLA).
The next meet after that Brenden blew the supercharger up for last time whilst doing the burnout, since then, it has never run supercharged again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaDDeSTMaN
Has it been run down the 1/4, and if so, what did it run?
This car has not been run down the 1/4 mile with its current setup. It is currently setup for Dyno comp's, eg. gearbox, diff etc.Hopefully later this year the car will be prepped for the track and people will see it run numbers next year.

Quote:
Hopefully John will decide what he is doing with his trans soon and we can get stuck back into TUFED6. Then maybe we can get another falcon six running big numbers at some of these shows.
Hell Yeah. When one 6cyl Falcon tears past supercharged LS1's, people think it is a one off, but if more do it, it shows who is really at the top of the food chain. :
Especially when, you first get to the show and people wander past and look at your car and say"Nice body kit, oh and it has a turbo", then after your dyno run, people swarm to the car like flies at a BBQ and all you can hear is "How the hell did they do that!?!?!"

For anyone who hasn't seen the DYNO printout. see attached file.

BIG LUKE

XR6BBQ.......... Just when you thought I had given up!!!
XDSLIDER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2005, 11:37 PM   #36
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Thanks Luke, that summed it up nicely.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:10 AM   #37
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDSLIDER
.Hopefully later this year the car will be prepped for the track and people will see it run numbers next year.
you just have to love the power it makes, cant wait to see the number it makes..
Good work JMM.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 12:07 PM   #38
EASPRINT
FPV GT-P 335!

The more Falcons that can trouble these holdens...the better it is!!!
Old 18-06-2005, 12:54 PM   #39
XDSLIDER
BIG LUKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenden
But look out soon, because I think there is a little more sauce in the bottle yet.
Where will this madness end???? Can't you just be happy with 591hp @ the wheels.(We all know the answer to that question though don't we)
So, how far will this car be pushed??? The next AME show is coming up, guess will just have to wait and see, huh!!!!

:
People, there is an AME show coming to Victoria(Shepperton) on the 16th and 17th of JULY, same weekend as the drag day. If you want to see the "Time Machine" in action, this shouldn't be missed.
Full Details of the show are available at: www.ameshow.com.au

I will keep posting updates as I know them.
BIG LUKE

Last edited by XDSLIDER; 18-06-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Old 18-06-2005, 02:30 PM   #40
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
But look out soon, because I think there is a little more sauce in the bottle yet.
You've managed to get that much out, and yet there's still more sauce in the bottle!?! Must be a bl*ody big bottle, full of incredibly potent sauce!

But seriously, how much more do you think you can get out of it? Are we talking another 50kw, more, less? Not that it matters really, because it's already incredibly impressive, any more is just icing on the cake I think.

Good luck with it, not that I think you need it, maybe one day I'll get to witness it in action...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2005, 02:53 PM   #41
XDSLIDER
BIG LUKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
You've managed to get that much out, and yet there's still more sauce in the bottle!?! Must be a bl*ody big bottle, full of incredibly potent sauce!

But seriously, how much more do you think you can get out of it? Are we talking another 50kw, more, less? Not that it matters really, because it's already incredibly impressive, any more is just icing on the cake I think.

Good luck with it, not that I think you need it, maybe one day I'll get to witness it in action...
Given enough time, I believe Brenden will show everyone what a properly built and tuned Forced 4.0L is capable of. I don't think he will stop pushing the boundaries of this engine. After all, you never know the limit of an engine until you go past it. Then you just make changes to suit and keep going.

BIG LUKE

Old 18-06-2005, 06:31 PM   #42
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDSLIDER
Given enough time, I believe Brenden will show everyone what a properly built and tuned Forced 4.0L is capable of. I don't think he will stop pushing the boundaries of this engine. After all, you never know the limit of an engine until you go past it. Then you just make changes to suit and keep going.

BIG LUKE
I do believe that he was right when he said there was still sauce in that bottle, because he's still squeezing it. I got a quick tour the other day, it's very impressive what he's done to that car. I think a few people are going to be quite surprised next time it goes on a dyno. :sm_drool:
Old 18-06-2005, 06:47 PM   #43
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Meh, I've learnt to not get suprised at anything that comes out of the JMM workshop. After so long I have realised that Brenden was born with oil in his veins and that nothing is impossible in the JMM skunk works. Its a magic shop... and amazing is par for the course there. If it can be done, its done there. If it cant be done.....well, its done anyhow.

I am looking forward to my next visit... magic happens! :

Old 18-06-2005, 06:54 PM   #44
XDSLIDER
BIG LUKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Its a magic shop... and amazing is par for the course there. If it can be done, its done there. If it cant be done.....well, its done anyhow.
I can second that as I am the Mad Scientist's after hours apprentice.
But trust me,the results from the new parts and tune is nothing sort of amazing. I have not yet seen it as I am away but from what Brenden says............................. :

BIG LUKE

Old 19-06-2005, 03:29 PM   #45
Brenden
"THE" Workshop manager.

Well well well, the the masters away the cats will play.

And play I have, and the sauce bottle got spilled the other night and we cleaned up with some awesome results, not prepared to say anything at the moment until things get cleared up at the BRISBANE Ame show on the 2nd and 3rd of July, but trust me, stret drivable it isn't as was witnessed by a blue XR8 ef I overtook the other night, I dont know what he was thinking after that......Oooohhhhh

AME Albury carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Adelaide carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Shepparton carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Melbourne Highest horsepower 6 turbo 2005
AME Melbourne Highest horsepower N/A 6 2005
All Ford nationals DYO 10.5 and over champion 2005
Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 05:36 PM   #46
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Well well well, the the masters away the cats will play.

And play I have, and the sauce bottle got spilled the other night and we cleaned up with some awesome results, not prepared to say anything at the moment until things get cleared up at the BRISBANE Ame show on the 2nd and 3rd of July, but trust me, stret drivable it isn't as was witnessed by a blue XR8 ef I overtook the other night, I dont know what he was thinking after that......Oooohhhhh
He was probably thinking "What the ....?"
Old 24-06-2005, 09:27 PM   #47
smoke
the only way is sideways

where in brisbane is this motorshow?
might have to go have a squizz at the monster
smoke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 09:58 PM   #48
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

based on what Brenden told me today....its going to be a BIG number coming from that Falcon.

Old 25-06-2005, 01:06 AM   #49
EASPRINT
FPV GT-P 335!

Good luck in Brisbane Brendan......hope all goes well!...Show 'em what u can do!
Old 25-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #50
XDSLIDER
BIG LUKE

The car has had a subtle change, can you pick it????

Big Luke

Old 25-06-2005, 04:31 PM   #51
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rego?
Old 25-06-2005, 04:34 PM   #52
XDSLIDER
BIG LUKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Rego?
NO Dan, its always been registered!!

Old 25-06-2005, 04:39 PM   #53
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the cooler bigger? From that angle it looks a tad bigger than the other pics in this thread. If not just tell me!!!
Old 25-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #54
XDSLIDER
BIG LUKE

Yeah mate you got it. Thought it may have taken a bit longer than that though!!!!

BIG LUKE

Old 25-06-2005, 04:42 PM   #55
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Woo!! Im having a smart day!
I take it its going to make even more power this time around? That is awesome.
Old 25-06-2005, 04:58 PM   #56
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

What about the bigger fuel pump, fuel lines and other assorted goodies? heheheh... and the cooler of course.

For the record, last time he ran it there was about 8pound of boost backed up behind the old cooler...imagine what it will do now!!!

(Yes Luke, you already knew it I know )

Old 25-06-2005, 05:10 PM   #57
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

awesome! Sounds like it will do well. Well done Brendan!
Old 25-06-2005, 05:48 PM   #58
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i really want to see and hear this car in action :
DUMTEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 05:56 PM   #59
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

I was going to say it was the first time I'd seen it parked outside of the garage. :P

Noticed the intercooler but wasn't 100% sure, meh I'm having one of my slow days... no smart comments!! :yeees:

I can't wait to hear the figures it puts out, Brendan deserves the title of AUSTRALIAS most powerful I6 with all the work he's done to it.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:02 PM   #60
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Good Luck in Brisbane this weekend Brendan.

Don't forget to put up some figures for us all to stare at in awe. :voldar02: