Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 06:04 PM   #31
Barry_v
rocknrolla

hope you enjoy the kangaroo you cop in your face at 202kmph sbutler.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #32
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30487256
Lol. That's not the first time I've heard of cops speeding when they shouldn't though.
Nah mate there been quite a few like that here in WA, and man cops get harsh penalty compare to us guys. So this is not the first!

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
Old 06-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #33
Psycho Chicken
Banned

What the hell does our speed limit on highways have to do with it?

Simple fact is, he's paid to enforce the law, he broke it in a massive way. I'm know no one is perfect, but he shouldn't be on the job anymore, not even as GD.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #34
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

theres a big difference in cars and what they can manage. on the m5 it is 110km p/h and that may seem adiquate (spelling) in my mums excel but in my dads gt it feels slow and most of the time he sits on 130 in the right hand lane. it still feels like its going 80km. if an accident was about to happen i bet the gt would stop earlier then the excel even though the gt is going 20km p/h more.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:18 PM   #35
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i couldn't care less if cops speed because they put up with so much crap from people and do one of the most dangerous jobs in australia. they deserve some benefits. that guy did go abit overboard though.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #36
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
theres a big difference in cars and what they can manage. on the m5 it is 110km p/h and that may seem adiquate (spelling) in my mums excel but in my dads gt it feels slow and most of the time he sits on 130 in the right hand lane. it still feels like its going 80km. if an accident was about to happen i bet the gt would stop earlier then the excel even though the gt is going 20km p/h more.
That wrong. The Excel is a lot light than the GT. Then there the reaction time. The GT would of cover more distance than the Excel before the brake are apply than a hole lot of other facter throwing in.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #37
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
Is doing 202kph at 2am & passing no one dangerous? I dont think. so. :

Its still HIGHLY ILLEGAL

Throw the book at the speeding HOON cop.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:35 PM   #38
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

yes I agree, bust him down to a desk job. All Im saying is 200 Ks on some of the M roads is not that excessive. These road are as good as any autobahn road in Europe IMO,Mabe not the road he did it on.[I dont know it] the simple fact that he was a cop shouldnt give him any excuse's though..

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
Old 06-02-2007, 06:43 PM   #39
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
but our speed limit of 110 is a joke when you drive cars like ours Sbutler, sure in some cases it suits, but as anyone who has tackled the nullabor plains will tell you (Spelling?) 110Km/h out there is not enough, hell on the 140Km dead straight section i think upward of 160-180Km/h would be safe during the day time (Night would be suicide)
My argument is not with our silly low maximum speed limits but the fact that this bloke passed 30 other cars doing more than double their speed. All it would have taken is one dork to change lanes in front of him without looking in the mirror (even though this NEVER happens in SYD ) and bang!
Old 06-02-2007, 06:52 PM   #40
56L
a.k.a PAULY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronhayward
It say he was on the F6 driving a Holden Commodore
it could have been worse he could have been driving on the commodore highway in a F6 and then he would have probably been doing 302kph :togo:
1947 ford thames tipper V8 21 stud flat head
1939 ford beer barrel truck V8 24 stud flat head
HZJ diesel ute
HJ47 diesel ute
Old 06-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #41
XR8putts

Quote:
yes I agree, bust him down to a desk job. All Im saying is 200 Ks on some of the M roads is not that excessive. These road are as good as any autobahn road in Europe IMO,Mabe not the road he did it on.[I dont know it] the simple fact that he was a cop shouldnt give him any excuse's though..

For those of you who believe that 200+kph is not that excessive, imagine your mum/wife/girlfriend/sister changing lanes into the lane that has a car is doing 200+. She checks her mirrors and blindspot and safely moves in as the car is so far back. She's doing a 100, he's doing 200+. In a mater of split seconds the 100m+ gap she merged into has become nothing. Bang. It dosn't matter how good his brakes are, reaction speed is - she's got 2 tonnes of steel ploughing through her 90's Corolla hatchback. This scenario roughly translates to a car doing 100+kph slaming into a parked car from behind, if you get what I mean. Just one of many scenarios.

200kph is never safe.

I hope this becomes headline news in Aus and the media jumps on it like a pack of wolves.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:01 PM   #42
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII XR8 MAN
That wrong. The Excel is a lot light than the GT. Then there the reaction time. The GT would of cover more distance than the Excel before the brake are apply than a hole lot of other facter throwing in.
the size of the gt's break would make up for it. not to mention the better handling to avoid these scenarios. it was wrong by the officer and i shouldnt have changed this to a discussion about speed limits on the highways.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #43
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99

I hope this becomes headline news in Aus and the media jumps on it like a pack of wolves.
I highly doubt it though, unless the cop had some p plates on him at the time. lol
Old 06-02-2007, 08:05 PM   #44
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
For those of you who believe that 200+kph is not that excessive, imagine your mum/wife/girlfriend/sister changing lanes into the lane that has a car is doing 200+. She checks her mirrors and blindspot and safely moves in as the car is so far back. She's doing a 100, he's doing 200+. In a mater of split seconds the 100m+ gap she merged into has become nothing. Bang. It dosn't matter how good his brakes are, reaction speed is - she's got 2 tonnes of steel ploughing through her 90's Corolla hatchback. This scenario roughly translates to a car doing 100+kph slaming into a parked car from behind, if you get what I mean. Just one of many scenarios.

200kph is never safe.

What & the same thing cant happen at 110Ks. Im sure it does. imagine your mum/wife/girlfriend/sister changing lanes into the lane that has a car is doing 110Ks In any case it isnt dangerous unless someone does something wrong. In Euorpe the right lane is for high speeds, not like over here, were you can travel down the right lane at 60 ks in a 110K zone & not give a flying ****** about anyone else. Knowing you wont get a ticket for doing it.
Thats whats DANGEROUS!!!

If we took your atitude we would be all going at walking speed than there wound be no danger at all. :togo:

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
Old 06-02-2007, 08:11 PM   #45
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

BWHAHAHAHA SUCK! Those kind of cops that are *******s
Old 06-02-2007, 08:18 PM   #46
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
i agree, when you are doing 160+km/h and the old corolla is doing barely 110. you come around a sweeper and clean up (npi) this corolla, it will be theyre fault i guess....

What gets me is, driving back from kyabram one day, a marked HP car appeared behind us (sky blue 90's courier-the smurf) and sat right up our asses for 2 minnutes and sped off around us, he was over the horizon in about 30 secs, Its nice to know he can do this without being a road terrorist...
Maybe you should re-read my post, as i said in some area's it suits, like the area i pointed out, i didn't say Sbutlers and my cars have better handling so 110Km/h around corners is a joke.

Wish people would take time to read.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:26 PM   #47
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

If you want to speed on a public road, spend some time with an ambo after they attend a high speed crash.

Its just silly, no amount of but yeah, but no, but yeahs will convince me otherwise, and to that end, this thread will also end shortly.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:28 PM   #48
Schlimmeh
BF XR8 Ute = Bluesmobile

Speeding is as arbitrary as the kill joys who invent the arbitrary speed limits.

I like my boyhood book from the 1970's which shows a picture of the Monty Python Safety Plane (a 747). Basically it had a 200 tonne dead weight chained to it's tail so it couldn't move.

If the do gooders and bleeding hearts get their way we'll all soon be walking since our cars will not be allowed to move - then we'll all be pefectly safe. Monty Python got it right again - by being absolutely absurd.

When you drive and you are human you take a risk. When people accept this risk and the consequences of being human maybe we can all stop being restricted in ever increasing friggen areas of our lives.

We recently copped a 50km speed limit on the Princes Hwy near where we lived cause some idiot kid ran out and got clobbered. Thank god that kid was removed from the gene pool - but now we all pay to make his stupid parents who passed on their genes to him feel like his life meant something.

Nothing has changed on the Highway. Only the arbitrary speed limit. There is no such thing as speeding as defined by the law. Speeding should only be defined as not driving to the conditions.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:38 PM   #49
Scott

Old 06-02-2007, 08:40 PM   #50
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I fail to see how a thread about a police officer breaking the law they are paid and trusted to enforce becomes a ****ing contest about how fast people think they can or can't safely drive on the road.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #51
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
200kph is never safe.

In a place where at 200km/h you would cross the entire country in a couple of hours yeh maybe. But this is NOT New Zealand.

At the ripe old age of 21, I am sure you have years of experience driving all over the world in open zones or on autohahns at high speed and can tell us all from personal experience the issues involved.

Or are you just another keyboard warrior with absolutely no effing idea whatsoever who babbles on with other peoples touchy feely dogma and believes it is gospel?
Old 06-02-2007, 08:48 PM   #52
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Honestly was it that dangerous???
Ive gone along the freeway with little or no traffic at 160+ Ks & have had no worries at all at that speed.
Yes I know its breaking the law & Im very noughty. But for god sake common sence has to prevail here. If there was heavy traffic,then yes hes a dick. If it was 2am & not a car in sight. Weres the problem ? other than it is against the law, but so is drink driving & theres plenty still doing that.

The only thing I can see he did that will cause an uproar, is he's a cop & I bet hes booked plenty for doing the same thing.
Thats were the 110kph law is a joke.

The hume hwy is the perfect example of this.
We came back from VIC last month, & on that hwy we could have been traveling in complete safety at 140-160kph without a worry.
I know theres some places you couldn't do that speed. But for most of the trip you could.

The cop should have known better for sure, & it puts the other cops in the gun with the public. But let not get into cop bashing.

i dont give a rats about the **** im about to cop

how the hell can you feel good about driving at 160klms an hour on a road thats 100k

you my friend are an idiot and i hope that oneday you feel the effect of what speed can do

im done

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-02-2007, 08:58 PM   #53
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Thread Closed

Not worth it.
Closed Thread